Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 205270 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#45679 Sep 14, 2012
Doctor Who Two wrote:
<quoted text>
You have nothing but air.
There is no prove or evidence that life self generated. You posting this kind of crap show yet again you are an idiot.
We do have an answer to the fossil record and it been posted dozens of times. Because you can't read or understand it does not mean we don't have an explanation for the fossil record. Yet again you lie!
Question do ever tell the truth?
You don't have an explanation. All of your "answers" are Goddidit with magic.

Otherwise you can provide a mechanism along with evidence of it. You've never had one. Better men than you have tried, unfortunately they all destroyed the Earth in the process.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#45680 Sep 14, 2012
HTS wrote:
<quoted text>You're out of your mind. No laboratory-produced viral insertion has resulted in added functionality of the genome.
It doesn't need to. The mutation would lay dormant for thousands or millions of years. Also non-lab produced viral insertions HAVE resulted in added functionality of the genome. You were provided with numerous tests and evidence. Covering your ears won't change facts, which means your ONLY way out is to answer those questions you keep avoiding.

Thanks in advance for never doing that ever before you meet God.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#45681 Sep 14, 2012
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
There is quite a bit of support that Einstein was an atheist. He definitely did not believe in a personal god and stated so quite often. In other words he thought the idea of the God of the Bible was laughable. His belief, if any, was in a god with a very very small "g".
Sorry, Monkey's Paw is daft as a post but as far as I know that particular quote from Einstein of his is genuine.

However Einstein certainly was no creationist either. It's just fundies like to pretend smart people agree with creationism.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#45682 Sep 14, 2012
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, Monkey's Paw is daft as a post but as far as I know that particular quote from Einstein of his is genuine.
However Einstein certainly was no creationist either. It's just fundies like to pretend smart people agree with creationism.
I agree that the quote was genuine. I disagreed with the way he was using it. If you notice I said that Einstein believed in a god with a very small g. He thought the idea of a personal god, such as you would find in Christianity or Judaism laughable. If Einstein posted here with his personal beliefs he would be included with all of us other "atheists". Like MikeF for example. No matter how many times Mike points out that he is not an atheist he is still called one by the various fundies here.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#45683 Sep 14, 2012
[QUOTE who="Monkey's Paw"]<quoted text>
No you don't!
You have nothing.
Sorry you are incorrect again. God most Likely created a mature universes and earth. Why would he create a new violent universes and then wait "billions and billions" of years for things to claim down then create a new violent earth and wait 4.5 billion years to let things calm down to then create a fully mature man and women and trees and animals were all fully mature upon creation why not then the Earth and Universes too?
[/QUOTE]

So if God created "fully mature" universes and Earth then that means we are NOT lying and NOT incorrect when we point out that all evidence DOES in fact point to an old Earth and old universe.

In other words what you are REALLY saying is that you have no evidence because it doesn't matter if science shows the Earth to be young or old, the Earth is young no matter what cuz my mommy sez teh Bible iz true cuz teh Bible sez so.

Anyway, I thank you once again for openly admitting you got zip.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#45684 Sep 14, 2012
[QUOTE who="Monkey's Paw"]<quoted text>
NOT!
Nice try on covering your ass but it fails.
[/QUOTE]

You just debunked yourself and everything you will ever claim ever. Evidence is irrelevant to you.

Mind you we already knew that. Thanks for playing.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#45685 Sep 14, 2012
HTS wrote:
<quoted text>Although you are pretending to be objective, your unbridled arrogance is obvious. You are simply drinking atheist kool-aid because you want validation of your immoral worldview.
Why are you, a known and confirmed liar accusing others of being immoral?

Remember, God is watching...
FREE SERVANT
#45686 Sep 14, 2012
Modern day science is overwhelmingly in support of instructional intelligence in the workings of all life on earth. Darwin was wrong in his assumption that mankind was evolved from a simple apelike being which came from an even more simple life from. Darwin erroneously thought things became more complex over long periods of time. The instructions were here from the beginning, and they are not proposeless in any form as some would try and have us believe. One ID theory claims that patterns were given to follow from the start, and anyone who has followed this thread should know about it.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#45687 Sep 14, 2012
OLD HAPPY wrote:
<quoted text>Was Jesus himself susceptible to wrongdoing? Temptation isn't sin until it is acted upon or planned to be.
I am never tempted to break the law. One must have the willingness and capability to do something wrong in order to consider doing it, therefore, the fact that he was tempted, according to your doctrine that was the word used, then he was also capable of doing it, therefore .... he weak.

Level 5

Jinan, China

#45688 Sep 14, 2012
Kong_ wrote:
But you suggest that I cannot refute Doctor Who Too's nonsense by posting a link showing HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS of highly educated people -- many of whom being of the Christian (and other) faith(s)-- that have studied science for the majority of their lives, that ALSO accept the findings of science as it pertains to the diversity of life on earth.
I realize that there are people who believe in both evolution and the Bible,
but I say that they are logically inconsstent.

The Bible says that God created "every winged fowl after his kind" on the fifth day (Genesis 1:21) and every "beast of the earth after his kind“ on the sixth day (Genesis 1:25).
Either that's not true or birds are not descended from theropod dinosaurs.

The Bible also says that God created whales on the fifth day (Genesis 1:21) and the "beasts of the earth" on the sixth day (Genesis 1:25).
Either that's not true or whales are not descended from hoofed mammals.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#45689 Sep 14, 2012
wolverine wrote:
<quoted text>
First, You Would Have To Prove Scientists As The End All Of Knowledge....
Never been our claim. However science is self-correcting due to the scientific method.

Meaning all you guys need to do is what you've never been able to do ever - debunk currently accepted scientific theories.
wolverine wrote:
Second...The Discussion Of GOD...Lies Outside Of Sciences Understanding
Absolutely. In fact it lies outside anyone's understanding.

Doesn't stop you fundies from pretending to know all about it though.
wolverine wrote:
The Theory Of Evolution Is The Product Of That Lack Of Understanding.
Incorrect, the theory of evolution is the product of understanding the world around us, made possible via the application of the scientific method. Just because YOU don't understand reality doesn't mean others don't.
wolverine wrote:
Third...Leagal Standards Are A Joke....Ever Moving Bias And Tampering By Liberal Lawyers.
Translation: "WHAAAAAAAAA them big old evolutionist atheist liberal meanies haven't let us win a court case since 1925 cuz creationism has no evidence! BOO HOO HOOO!!!"
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#45690 Sep 14, 2012
FREE SERVANT wrote:
Modern day science is overwhelmingly in support of instructional intelligence in the workings of all life on earth. Darwin was wrong in his assumption that mankind was evolved from a simple apelike being which came from an even more simple life from. Darwin erroneously thought things became more complex over long periods of time. The instructions were here from the beginning, and they are not proposeless in any form as some would try and have us believe. One ID theory claims that patterns were given to follow from the start
Gee, way to get as many things wrong as possible into one post.
FREE SERVANT wrote:
and anyone who has followed this thread should know about it.
We still don't care Mikey.

“Waytogo”

Since: Oct 09

Location hidden

#45691 Sep 14, 2012
FREE SERVANT wrote:
Modern day science is overwhelmingly in support of instructional intelligence in the workings of all life on earth. Darwin was wrong in his assumption that mankind was evolved from a simple apelike being which came from an even more simple life from. Darwin erroneously thought things became more complex over long periods of time. The instructions were here from the beginning, and they are not proposeless in any form as some would try and have us believe. One ID theory claims that patterns were given to follow from the start, and anyone who has followed this thread should know about it.
LIAR....or fool??? SCIENCE DOES NOT SUPPORT MUBOJUMBO CULT MYTH CREATION CRAP.......This is 2012 not 1912.....WHY DONT YOUR ELIGIOUS MORONS GO CRAWL UNDER A ROCK.....LET US MODERN PEOPLE MVOE FORWARD...

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Level 2

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#45692 Sep 14, 2012
Thomas Robertson wrote:
Matthew 5:21-22 says, "You have heard that it was said to the people long ago,'Do not murder, and anyone who murders will be subject to judgment.' But I tell you that anyone who is angry with his brother will be subject to judgment."

Matthew 5:27-28 says, "You have heard that it was said,'Do not commit adultery.' But I tell you that anyone who looks at a woman lustfully has already committed adultery with her in his heart."
Thought crimes in the bible.

Level 5

Jinan, China

#45693 Sep 14, 2012
HTS wrote:
Your claims that Jesus might not have existed are based in gross ignorance of historical fact.
Oh? Then enighten us by teaching us some history, then.
All I know about the subject is that:

---the Roman historian Seneca lived at the time that Jesus was to have lived. He covered all the major events in Rome and its territories, but makes no mention of Jesus.

---the records of Pontius Pilate list three people who were delivered capital punishment for making divine claims, and none of them were named Jesus.

---the Bible says that Jesus was born when Cesar Augustus was emperor of Rome, Herod was tetrarch of Judea, and Quirinius was governor of Syria. There never was an overlap between those three time periods.

Level 2

Fennario

#45694 Sep 14, 2012
OLD HAPPY wrote:
<quoted text>If we turn away from temptation and do not plan to do it, then we will not be held accountable for it. A way of escape is made through belief in Jesus Christ.
And who is held accountable for creating temptation and creatures susceptible to it? You and I are held accountable in mortal courts for leaving a car unlocked and running with a case of beer in the front seat. What are we to think of a god like yours? Might makes right?

Level 5

Jinan, China

#45695 Sep 14, 2012
wolverine wrote:
"First, You Would Have To Prove Scientists As The End All Of Knowledge...."

The Dude said:
"Never been our claim. However science is self-correcting due to the scientific method."

See what I mean when I say that Creationits made Evolutonists in their own image?
They claim to have the last word, so they think we claim to have the last word.

Level 2

Fennario

#45696 Sep 14, 2012
wolverine wrote:
The Discussion Of GOD...Lies Outside Of Sciences Understanding.
"Faith transcends reason the way a criminal transcends the law." - Condell
HTS

Sidney, MT

#45697 Sep 14, 2012
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
It doesn't need to. The mutation would lay dormant for thousands or millions of years. Also non-lab produced viral insertions HAVE resulted in added functionality of the genome. You were provided with numerous tests and evidence. Covering your ears won't change facts, which means your ONLY way out is to answer those questions you keep avoiding.
Thanks in advance for never doing that ever before you meet God.
You are using evolution to argue evolution. No one has proven that "ERVs" are the result of viral infections. You merely assume they are.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#45698 Sep 14, 2012
HTS wrote:
<quoted text>You are using evolution to argue evolution. No one has proven that "ERVs" are the result of viral infections. You merely assume they are.
No, virologists can identify them as viruses. You have given no evidence that ERV's are not virus based. You know, links, preferably peer reviewed papers.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Headstone of Civil War soldier to be fixed afte... 7 min Mullahing It Over 15
3 Word Sentence (each word, one syllable only) (Jan '15) 7 min Old Sam 1,025
Any Word ! (Mar '11) 8 min Knock off purse s... 5,217
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 10 min Sharlene45 197,747
Word Association. (Nov '10) 10 min Calisportsgirl 19,736
Post any FOUR words (Feb '16) 11 min Knock off purse s... 1,209
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 11 min Deer Whisperer 59,967
Make up your wildest Headline. (Aug '08) 20 min positronium 683
News new Women bare breasts for gender equality on G... 44 min 8541 MARINE 29
JUST SAY SOMETHING. Whatever comes to mind!! (Aug '09) 1 hr Harlan Globetrotter 33,296
More from around the web