Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 169217 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

“Fear is the Mind-Killer”

Level 1

Since: Jun 08

Albuquerque, NM

#37668 Aug 12, 2012
15th Dalai Lama wrote:
<quoted text>
I've got a religion: "We profess your resurection until your return."
I've got an education: Two science degrees with strong foundation in literature, languages and theology.
I know the difference between science and religion.
In the future, as I've requested before, don't be so arrogant as to tell me what I think.
If I may kindly interject, which regards to science and religion, there is no difference in Christianity. The whole basis of Christ is that He was witnesses to have walked the earth. History is the scientific data, and unless Christ is exactly who He said He is, God, Christianity is not only false, but a dangerous and worthless ideology based on a lie.

Religion is not exempt from science, or rather, the pursuit of knowledge. No institution has ever endured so long as the Church, this is a scientific fact. Without the use of science to tell us this, there is no reason to pay any special attention to the Church, or any of its claims.

However, with science, all other religions fail ... but one. Of course, that is a terrifying thing to behold. And, it is the principle reason why so many Church Fathers came from the ranks of atheists, and amongst the educated. It was the educated, not the superstitious, that first converted to Christianity, for scientific reasons.

Atheists no that the one way to destroy this particular religion is to separate it from science.

“Rising”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

Milky Way

#37669 Aug 12, 2012
Yankee Yahoo wrote:
<quoted text>
And philosophy, theology, and one's world views all have profound implications for scientific inquiry. One who holds to false premises will inevitably create false hypothesis. Groups who hold to false premises will inevitably corrupt science.
Never underestimate the influence of philosophy upon science.
Yes the topix theist will stop at nothing in effort to inject science with their philosophy.

“Rising”

Level 8

Milky Way

#37670 Aug 12, 2012
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Ack! Excuse the slip! Thanks for the soft touch on the correction. And yes, the methane could be just an expression of naturally forming gas, no life is necessary for that.
But is a indicator of possible carbon based life as nearly all life on earth including micro organisms produce methane gas in decomposing biological matter.

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#37671 Aug 12, 2012
Mexi Melt wrote:
Xcuse my beauty!
Why? What did she do?

“Rising”

Level 8

Milky Way

#37672 Aug 12, 2012
Yankee Yahoo wrote:
<quoted text>
No, Drew, I plainly don't respond to broken posts, on any topic whatsoever. Now you are being dishonest, and uncivil. Yes, I DO GET TO DICTATE HOW YOU REPLY TO ME. If you do not comply, I will never comply with you. You may, of course, do the same.
You method is unnecessary, and often too abused on forums to take points out of context. I choose not to accept such a dialogue. This will be your last warning.
Tell Drew you can't answer scientific questions because ..well that's cheating to expect you to play by the rules.

Location hidden

#37673 Aug 12, 2012
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> But is a indicator of possible carbon based life as nearly all life on earth including micro organisms produce methane gas in decomposing biological matter.
No chit?!!!

Hahahahahhaaa!

Level 1

Albuquerque, NM

#37675 Aug 12, 2012
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> Yes the topix theist will stop at nothing in effort to inject science with their philosophy.
Yes the topix atheist will stop at nothing in effort to inject science with their philosophy ... in this case secular humanism.

Location hidden

#37676 Aug 12, 2012
Discord wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you agree that there was once a time in Earth's history when there was no life at all?
Sure. Drew's a remnant of an echo of "non-life".

Level 1

Albuquerque, NM

#37677 Aug 12, 2012
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> Tell Drew you can't answer scientific questions because ..well that's cheating to expect you to play by the rules.
Why would I do that? His butchering of posts has nothing to do with the subject matter at hand.

We should all play by the rules. Science demands it. But evolutionists are not doing that, at all.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#37678 Aug 12, 2012
Yankee Yahoo wrote:
<quoted text>
That is correct. It was Christians and others that came up with the foundation of evolution before Darwin.
But there has always been problems with evolution as a theory, problems that, without all the ideological and political corruption, would have passed into obscurity with all bad theories.
The Big Bang theory, for example, is far from secure, just as many theories.
To deny this, is to do a grave disservice to science. Stop it.
How is the Big Bang in any sort of trouble at all? There may be some debate about what caused the expansion, not really a bang by the way, but the fact that the universe as we know it started from a very small point is almost universally (no pun intended) accepted.

Location hidden

#37679 Aug 12, 2012
wolverine wrote:
<quoted text>
Not True....There Are A Growing Number Of Scientist Who Believe In A Creator.
Like Hollywood, They Dont Like To Say It Too Loud.
Is this...

" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Christia... ;

...what you were thinking of?

Level 1

Albuquerque, NM

#37680 Aug 12, 2012
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
How is the Big Bang in any sort of trouble at all? There may be some debate about what caused the expansion, not really a bang by the way, but the fact that the universe as we know it started from a very small point is almost universally (no pun intended) accepted.
http://www.apparentlyapparel.com/2/post/2011/...

Just because something is universally accepted does not make it factual.

Theories have always come and gone, and always will has we learn more.
JBH

Richmond, Canada

#37681 Aug 12, 2012
THE SPREE OF OBAMA'S DOING IS JUST SO CRAZY AND EXTREME BECAUSE HE IS THE BIGGEST EXTREMIST OF ALL TIME.

The craving for taking credit may even arise to the stand that Obama would boast he commanded the USA Olympic athletes to win A LOT OF MEDALS--JUST AS HE said he did command the getting of bin Laden BECAUSE HE THINKS HE IS THE COMMANDER IN CHIEF.

=====

Many things are not true from what Obama says.

Obama would take credit that US won a lot of medals by having USA Olympic uniforms made in China.

Yet, concerning just less that some hundreds to a maximum of a few thousand people's Olympic uniforms as not masses (masses=lots of lots population), they are such costs considered tiny and minimal in a big country.

However,when Obama knows to wind up escalating trillions of debt, the costs of uniforms amount to nothing much as the unnoticeable, very small decimal ratio of any spending , compared to the huge national debts Obama has accumulated. This is radically illogical , due to the pathetic thinking of Obama and company.

Winning medals would have been done by US sportsmen-but not by Obama (being not a sportsman), yet would be taken by claiming credits by Obama. Also winning medals has nothing to do with where uniform clothing were made, that Obama would even claim credit because uniforms were outsourced--as made in China. It is ridiculous for outsourcing to make uniform clothing to win medals, which is done by Obama --but there is no such logical real equivalent that outsourcing uniforms is equal to winning medals.

Furthermore, the craving for taking credit may even arise to the stand that Obama would boast he commanded the USA Olympic athletes to win A LOT OF MEDALS--JUST AS HE said he did command the getting of bin Laden BECAUSE HE THINKS HE IS THE COMMANDER IN CHIEF.

THIS DRAWS the same thing if any Getting bin Laden did ever happen, it was not done by Obama.
Yet Obama would boast it to his credit.
But the paradox is that he could not show clarity of all details , and description of such a happening,in addition to releasing pictures.

Obama is no question unbelievable as the biggest fake and baloney.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#37682 Aug 12, 2012
Yankee Yahoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Except you said that there is trouble with the Big Band. One lone unsupported scientist does not make any trouble for a theory. Yes, she could be right. It is very dubious. She needs to explain why the universe can be observed to be expanding. That the expansion is incredibly uniform and can be traced back to a point in time roughly 13 billion years ago. Those are some pretty big hurdles to clear.

By the way you should check out "A universe from nothing." on YouTube where a respected physicist who I cannot remember at this late hour shows how in a flat universe, which ours appears to be, that the total energy of the universe is zero and its appearance does not break the laws of conservation of energy. In other words it is nothing from nothing. I won't defend the math, I am not afraid to admit it is beyond me.

“Rising”

Level 8

Milky Way

#37683 Aug 12, 2012
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
He thinks someone had to light the fuse to get a big bang.

“Rising”

Level 8

Milky Way

#37684 Aug 12, 2012
Yankee Yahoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Now who is it injecting their philosophy again?
As matter of a fact all the science questions asked you answer with your philosophy and no science.

Level 1

Albuquerque, NM

#37685 Aug 12, 2012
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> He thinks someone had to light the fuse to get a big bang.
Do I detect hostility, Aura? Sad. There really is no place in a dialogue for this kind of posting.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#37686 Aug 12, 2012
Yankee Yahoo, yes, some people will interpret the available data differently. The problem for creationists is that their interpretations can be tested. There is not one of their claims for a young Earth that have not failed when their prediction is analyzed with all of the data. If you look at only part of the data you can get a false idea, like in the story of the five blind men and the elephant. The failure of the creationists models is just like the failure of the blind men.

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

Evolution is true.....

#37687 Aug 12, 2012
JBH wrote:
THE SPREE OF OBAMA'S DOING IS JUST SO CRAZY AND EXTREME BECAUSE HE IS THE BIGGEST EXTREMIST OF ALL TIME.
The craving for taking credit may even arise to the stand that Obama would boast he commanded the USA Olympic athletes to win A LOT OF MEDALS--JUST AS HE said he did command the getting of bin Laden BECAUSE HE THINKS HE IS THE COMMANDER IN CHIEF.
=====
Many things are not true from what Obama says.
Obama would take credit that US won a lot of medals by having USA Olympic uniforms made in China.
Yet, concerning just less that some hundreds to a maximum of a few thousand people's Olympic uniforms as not masses (masses=lots of lots population), they are such costs considered tiny and minimal in a big country.
However,when Obama knows to wind up escalating trillions of debt, the costs of uniforms amount to nothing much as the unnoticeable, very small decimal ratio of any spending , compared to the huge national debts Obama has accumulated. This is radically illogical , due to the pathetic thinking of Obama and company.
Winning medals would have been done by US sportsmen-but not by Obama (being not a sportsman), yet would be taken by claiming credits by Obama. Also winning medals has nothing to do with where uniform clothing were made, that Obama would even claim credit because uniforms were outsourced--as made in China. It is ridiculous for outsourcing to make uniform clothing to win medals, which is done by Obama --but there is no such logical real equivalent that outsourcing uniforms is equal to winning medals.
Furthermore, the craving for taking credit may even arise to the stand that Obama would boast he commanded the USA Olympic athletes to win A LOT OF MEDALS--JUST AS HE said he did command the getting of bin Laden BECAUSE HE THINKS HE IS THE COMMANDER IN CHIEF.
THIS DRAWS the same thing if any Getting bin Laden did ever happen, it was not done by Obama.
Yet Obama would boast it to his credit.
But the paradox is that he could not show clarity of all details , and description of such a happening,in addition to releasing pictures.
Obama is no question unbelievable as the biggest fake and baloney.
You do realize that you are crazy don't you?

You are also in the wrong forum...go away

Location hidden

#37688 Aug 12, 2012
Yankee Yahoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes the topix atheist will stop at nothing in effort to inject science with their philosophy ... in this case secular humanism.
There are still scientists who exhibit a sense of wonder that we have the "convenient" ability, or "gift" as it's described below, of defining the cosmos mathematically.

" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Unreasonable... ;

Notice the choice of words like "miracle", "faith", and "belief". It's common for the mysterious to invoke suspicions that it may come from uncanny origins.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
tell me one word to describe yourself (Jun '09) 3 min UnderstandPeople 15,592
Poll Who is this Spotted Girl anyway? 8 min polling 0
Passwords, Do people share with friends to save... 31 min anonymous 1
Word Association (Jun '10) 32 min wichita-rick 28,155
Word association (Jun '07) 34 min Mega Monster 3,046
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 34 min wichita-rick 165,668
Word Association (Mar '10) 35 min Mega Monster 17,287
Rebel vs American Flag 1 hr Fish_sticks 90
Last Post Wins! (Aug '08) 2 hr Proud To Be Trina 140,874
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 2 hr Car 54 41,504