Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 221445 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

RU CRS
#37012 Aug 9, 2012
Knightmare wrote:
<quoted text>
http://i579.photobucket.com/albums/ss234/Empe...
{See zombies DO exist and now you're in time out.}
Do you ever get sad about anything?
wolverine

Greeley, CO

#37013 Aug 9, 2012
Aura Mytha wrote:
wolverine wrote:
Oh...And Science Is Way More Left, Then Right
<quoted text>
thiS iS A verY scientifiC answeR , accordinG tO wolviE. loL
I'll Leave The Cracking Of Eggheads, To you Pseudo-Intellectuals...I Find The Subject Boring And In No way Authoritative.

Constantly Learning And Unable To Find The Truth.....This Is Your Destiny.....Enjoy
wolverine

Greeley, CO

#37014 Aug 9, 2012
Discord wrote:
<quoted text>
It is neither. Science is apolitical, secular and has no philosophy. Also, it does not try to disprove a creator.
Off topic, but have you noticed that you tend to capitalize every word?
LOL....You Must Have The Cleanest Brain Around....No More Washing Needed.

“Shoot First, Think Never”

Level 7

Since: Jun 09

Elk Grove

#37015 Aug 9, 2012
RU CRS wrote:
<quoted text>Do you ever get sad about anything?
I'm not sure how to answer that.

Instead let's try:

http://roflrazzi.files.wordpress.com/2011/04/...

“ad victoriam”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

arte et marte

#37016 Aug 9, 2012
wolverine wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll Leave The Cracking Of Eggheads, To you Pseudo-Intellectuals...I Find The Subject Boring And In No way Authoritative.
Constantly Learning And Unable To Find The Truth.....This Is Your Destiny.....Enjoy
oF coursE i'M iN thE darK
that'S whY I alway'S typE likE thiS anD onlY fruiT looP fundie'S
arE trulY enlighteneD bY thE poweR oF gawD!

“Shoot First, Think Never”

Level 7

Since: Jun 09

Elk Grove

#37017 Aug 9, 2012
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> oF coursE i'M iN thE darK
that'S whY I alway'S typE likE thiS anD onlY fruiT looP fundie'S
arE trulY enlighteneD bY thE poweR oF gawD!
oOh cAn I gEt iN oN tHis?
Gillette

Fairfield, IA

#37018 Aug 9, 2012
Sumerians Look On In Confusion As God Creates World
http://www.theonion.com/articles/sumerians-lo...

Members of the earth's earliest known civilization, the Sumerians, looked on in shock and confusion some 6,000 years ago as God, the Lord Almighty, created Heaven and Earth.

According to recently excavated clay tablets inscribed with cuneiform script, thousands of Sumerians—the first humans to establish systems of writing, agriculture, and government—were working on their sophisticated irrigation systems when the Father of All Creation reached down from the ether and blew the divine spirit of life into their thriving civilization.

"I do not understand," reads an ancient line of pictographs depicting the sun, the moon, water, and a Sumerian who appears to be scratching his head. "A booming voice is saying,'Let there be light,' but there is already light. It is saying,'Let the earth bring forth grass,' but I am already standing on grass."

"Everything is here already," the pictograph continues. "We do not need more stars."
Gillette

Fairfield, IA

#37019 Aug 9, 2012
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
When Einstein was asked "what was before the the big bang?"
His response was "what's North of the North pole, nothing!"
My theory? Hardly.
The Earth was created 6000 years ago.
My theory? I didn't write the bible so the theory is not mine again.
The cave paintings at Lescaux in France are at least 12,000 years old, so no, your silly, nutcake "Bible belief" is a crock is sh!t.

“ad victoriam”

Level 8

arte et marte

#37020 Aug 9, 2012
Gillette wrote:
<quoted text>
The cave paintings at Lescaux in France are at least 12,000 years old, so no, your silly, nutcake "Bible belief" is a crock is sh!t.
They are now saying they are much older than that even.
http://www.npr.org/2012/06/15/155009945/famou...
RU CRS
#37021 Aug 9, 2012
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> They are now saying they are much older than that even.
http://www.npr.org/2012/06/15/155009945/famou...
If they can change the dates one way then why can't they change them the other way someday? It all sounds like guess work to me.

“ad victoriam”

Level 8

arte et marte

#37022 Aug 9, 2012
RU CRS wrote:
<quoted text>If they can change the dates one way then why can't they change them the other way someday? It all sounds like guess work to me.
Yes they could but you have to remember the search is for the truth , not some make believe tale. Errors happen technology advances and so does the method of testing the result is we dig in the sand to understand eventually we do. But sometimes the walls cave in before we do , doesn't change the result , it merely slows down it's discovery.

To admit errors is understandable, do not admit errors is foolish pride. But as we progress we do find the truth . This is the reason we admit mistakes in science, because science is the search for the truth.

Langoliers

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#37023 Aug 9, 2012
TedHOhio wrote:
<quoted text>Lang, you might avoid cutting and pasting entire webpages like this. Many sitees copywrite their pages, so what you are doing is plagerism. What many allow is a short excert and a link to the source material.
plagerism?

plagiarism: noun
1. an act or instance of using or closely imitating the language and thoughts of another author without authorization AND the representation of that author's work as one's own, as by not crediting the original author: It is said that he plagiarized Thoreau's plagiarism of a line written by Montaigne.

TP: the written authorization in right on my hard drive.

Do you ever know what the fu(k you're talking about? Or do you just babble along hoping somebody reads a line or two of your BS?
The Dude

Macclesfield, UK

#37024 Aug 9, 2012
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
And the lawyers would love it.
As would I.

I love the smell of fried fundies in the morning.
The Dude

Macclesfield, UK

#37025 Aug 9, 2012
forreal wrote:
<quoted text>There is no human or life on Mars or anyother planet that all it implies.By the way 5 yrs from now the only life mar will have is the germs human live behind!LOLOLOL
Ironically you could be totally correct here.

But then no-one is going there expecting to find human life.
The Dude

Macclesfield, UK

#37026 Aug 9, 2012
RU CRS wrote:
Special creation is evident here on Earth, but the evidence is not as black and white as some people want it to be. It takes imagination to see things as an artist would see them, and this is how things are here in the real world. To deny the artistry in the creation of our Earth and universe is being blind to the beauty of it. Some people will see vagueness in anything which shows obvious signs of creation. Ask an honest child if he can see a face in the moon, and more times than not the answer will be yes. Scientist are naturally skeptical, but some of them will not admit the evidence if it were found, because it is vague in their eyes.
You said it - it takes imagination.

“cdesign proponentsists”

Level 1

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

#37027 Aug 9, 2012
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
plagerism?
plagiarism: noun
1. an act or instance of using or closely imitating the language and thoughts of another author without authorization AND the representation of that author's work as one's own, as by not crediting the original author: It is said that he plagiarized Thoreau's plagiarism of a line written by Montaigne.
TP: the written authorization in right on my hard drive.
Do you ever know what the fu(k you're talking about? Or do you just babble along hoping somebody reads a line or two of your BS?
Wow, someone is a itsy, bitsy, bitchy today! Are you riding the red cycle?
The Dude

Macclesfield, UK

#37028 Aug 9, 2012
RU CRS wrote:
<quoted text>If they are pure at heart and honest they will not lie to us. The only problem is they know we can be lied to and may never know the difference as they have done in the past concerning evolution.
Remember, it was the 'evolutionists' who exposed those lies. Ya know, Piltdown, Archaeoraptor, Nebraska-man. Pretty honest, yes?

Then dumb as a post fundies come along and LIE about evolution and keep bringing up those early frauds or mistakes as if the theory depends upon them. And the ironic thing is that the fundies should be claiming they aren't fake at all, since they reject the science that found them to be flawed.

Yup, the fundies lie to you. And they know you won't check. Because they don't care and you don't care.
The Dude

Macclesfield, UK

#37029 Aug 9, 2012
RU CRS wrote:
I don't know if the Moon landing really happened or not, I tend to want to think our government would not lie like that. Honesty is the best policy as far as I am concerned, and I really don't think our leadership we have now would go along with NASA trying to dupe anyone. I was just saying it would be very easy to hoodwink us if they wanted to.
Yes it would be.

And that's exactly what the creationists have done. Hoodwinked you into thinking that reality is not real cuz it's all just an evil world-wide atheist conspiracy!
The Dude

Macclesfield, UK

#37030 Aug 9, 2012
RU CRS wrote:
<quoted text>You may think what you are saying is true, but you are the gullible one if you believe truly evolution. You are totally in the dark.
Belief in evolution is not necessary when we have evidence. Been waiting a loooooooonnnng time for the creo's to address it.
The Dude

Macclesfield, UK

#37031 Aug 9, 2012
wolverine wrote:
<quoted text>
Uhuh. You still got that Bigfoot hide hanging up on your wall?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Post "any three words" (Sep '12) 9 min Princess Hey 4,135
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 13 min _Drifter 217,112
+=Keep 1 Drop 1=+ 3 STACK (Mar '13) 24 min Raven Queenheart 11,847
The one item I don't want to be without....... 26 min TOUJOURS PRET 243
Poll How often do you 'check in' on Topix forums? (Oct '07) 26 min Quilterqueen 1,603
Caght on video - 2 26 min a_visitor 100
only TWO words! (Nov '08) 28 min Raven Queenheart 27,786
Poll What are you thinking right now? (May '08) 39 min Boink face 4,068
What turns you on ? (Aug '11) 41 min Boink face 2,553
Interesting Quotes (Jun '11) 2 hr Boink face 17,212
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 4 hr Deer Whisperer 75,253
More from around the web