Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 221490 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

“ad victoriam”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

arte et marte

#35846 Jul 28, 2012
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> Which violates biogenesis. Evolutionists sure have a lot to say about abiogenesis. Many assume it to be true. It is fiction. Since non intelligence and non life is insufficient cause to effect life.
<quoted text> Did i mention biochemistry and physics?
<quoted text> Stephen Hawkins. Co-wrote ''The grand Design."
<quoted text> Nor is the atheists incredulity.
<quoted text> It is the interpretation of the evidence. <quoted text> Uncaused cause. Does not require magic but Supernatural. And is true.
The supernatural does not exist. Unexplained causes do.

Level 1

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#35847 Jul 28, 2012
When the universe began, it may have branched out upon waves, and seed propagation may have occurred as things moved toward the natural inclination of what was to be manifested. Cycling is responsible for propagation, and the interactions which occur are effects of patterned systems which work an action in course of execution.
ARGUING with IDIOTS

United States

#35848 Jul 28, 2012
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>The supernatural does not exist. Unexplained causes do.
No evidence supports your delusion!
ARGUING with IDIOTS

United States

#35849 Jul 28, 2012
Subduction Zone wrote:
lightbeamrider, atheists do not need to prove the nonexistence of god. The group making the positive claim must prove their side, not the other way around. Atheists say that as long as there is no evidence of god there is no reason to believe in one. I could claim that everything you see touch and feel is due to a magic tea pot that only I can sense orbiting the Earth. Since I have offered no evidence you have no reason to believe me. You have offered no evidence that god did anything so there is no reason to believe god did it.
Comes down to credibility.

First you offer a tea pot, a material object. We have a lot of evidence regarding the attributed of such objects.

Is there any records about this tea pot that can be dated back 2,000yrs?
ARGUING with IDIOTS

United States

#35850 Jul 28, 2012
Subduction Zone wrote:
lightbeamrider, atheists do not need to prove the nonexistence of god. The group making the positive claim must prove their side, not the other way around. Atheists say that as long as there is no evidence of god there is no reason to believe in one. I could claim that everything you see touch and feel is due to a magic tea pot that only I can sense orbiting the Earth. Since I have offered no evidence you have no reason to believe me. You have offered no evidence that god did anything so there is no reason to believe god did it.
When I can find an atheist, I will prove the existence of God.

Level 2

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#35851 Jul 28, 2012
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> The supernatural does not exist. Unexplained causes do.
Your in a box. A closed system. If God is not there then why does truth matter? Why is love superior to hate? Why help the weak? Why not exploit the weak as Herbert Spencer indicated? Why not declare babies persons after 6 months in order to weed out defective ones? All these are legitimate questions if there are no objective standards. If our thoughts are effects of chemical reactions in the brain, then our sense of right and wrong is just brain gas.

Level 2

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#35852 Jul 28, 2012
Subduction Zone wrote:
lightbeamrider, atheists do not need to prove the nonexistence of god.
Having your cake and eating it too. Like a baby who makes all kinds of noise at one end and no responsibility at the other. Atheists make truth claims about all of reality at all times then claim they do not have to prove anything.
Atheists say that as long as there is no evidence of god there is no reason to believe in one.
Classic default position.
I could claim that everything you see touch and feel is due to a magic tea pot that only I can sense orbiting the Earth. Since I have offered no evidence you have no reason to believe me. You have offered no evidence that god did anything so there is no reason to believe god did it.
I'm not claiming a magic teapot. All the intelligence in the world means next to nothing if there is a blind spot about God. Both Einstein and the imbecile end up in the ground and the people go back to the Church to eat potato salad.

Since: Feb 08

Tampa, FL

#35853 Jul 28, 2012
lightbeamrider wrote:
Atheists make truth claims about all of reality at all times...
What truth claims are those?

“cdesign proponentsists”

Level 1

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

#35854 Jul 28, 2012
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
Remember God asked David to bring Him the foreskins of 200 (or was it 100) enemy soldiers...I think God had a preoccupation with dicks too.
For the girls, kill them if they are not virgins. For the boys, give me the tips of their dicks. What kind of idiot would follow a god like that?

Odd: god made a test for women to tell if they were virgins or not. For the men, he made a test to see if they were jewish or not.:-) What a god!

“cdesign proponentsists”

Level 1

Pittsburgh, PA

#35855 Jul 28, 2012
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
Remember God asked David to bring Him the foreskins of 200 (or was it 100) enemy soldiers...I think God had a preoccupation with dicks too.
Maybe that is why he don't like homosexuals and women! Too much competition!:-)

“cdesign proponentsists”

Level 1

Pittsburgh, PA

#35857 Jul 28, 2012
FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>He came so that who so ever would believe in him could inherit eternal life. He came to redeem us all.
My questions were too hard? Man, I was hoping to get a good laugh out of your answers!

“Wear white at night.”

Since: Jun 09

Albuquerque

#35858 Jul 28, 2012
ARGUING with IDIOTS wrote:
<quoted text>
When I can find an atheist, I will prove the existence of God.
I'll be the atheist. Show me your proof.

“cdesign proponentsists”

Level 1

Pittsburgh, PA

#35859 Jul 28, 2012
<quoted text>
How is it we know this as fact?
One, because the bible is a collection of fictional stories.

Two, there is no supporting evidence for them. NONE.

"Fact" may not have been the correct word to use, but the likelihood of there being an Adam and Eve, as the bible portrays, is so far past remote, that we don't entertain such a stupid notion.

“cdesign proponentsists”

Level 1

Pittsburgh, PA

#35860 Jul 28, 2012
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> Faith based assumption. Beter yet blind faith assumption. Christians believe the cause of the resurrection was supernatural. You don't even have that.
Again, you try to put your stupidity on us. We don't succumb to faith. Faith is believing without evidence. Nothing in real science, is without evidence.

You need to repeat it a lot more to make it seem true. Here's a little tip, use all caps, that way, we will know that you are serious!

“cdesign proponentsists”

Level 1

Pittsburgh, PA

#35861 Jul 28, 2012
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> Only amoung hyper skeptics. <quoted text> Opinion with no supporting evidence. Opinion is not fact.
You're right! He wrote about his own death, and he wrote in 4 or 5 distinct styles.

“ad victoriam”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

arte et marte

#35862 Jul 28, 2012
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> Your in a box. A closed system. If God is not there then why does truth matter? Why is love superior to hate? Why help the weak? Why not exploit the weak as Herbert Spencer indicated? Why not declare babies persons after 6 months in order to weed out defective ones? All these are legitimate questions if there are no objective standards. If our thoughts are effects of chemical reactions in the brain, then our sense of right and wrong is just brain gas.
I'm not in a box , and my box is hooked up to the internet, a open system. I also have a escape button , you are just 1 click away from non existence...lol
KJV

United States

#35863 Jul 28, 2012
Gillette wrote:
<quoted text>Read "Bible Prophecy: Failure or Fulfillment?" by Tim Callahan
http://www.amazon.com/Bible-Prophecy-Fulfillm...

From the Amazon description:
"Tim Callahan has done the rational thing and examined hundreds of verses from the Bible claimed to be "prophecy" to see if they meet four simple tests:

1) Is it true, false, or too vague to be specifically interpreted?

2) If true, was it written before or after the fact?

3) If written before the fact, was its fullfillment something that could be logically predicted based on the knowledge of the time?

4) Was the prophecy directly or deliberately fulfilled by someone with knowledge of the prophecy?

There is not a single "Bible prophecy" that meets these four tests.
I can create tests to fail the great evolution theory the big bang theory
String theory etc.

Tim Callahan is not Gods equal.
KJV

United States

#35864 Jul 28, 2012
15th Dalai Lama wrote:
<quoted text>You don't even know who said that, do you?

First you say the prophecies are specific.

Then you are shown a specific prophecy.

Then you post a bunch of claptrap about mixed up prophecies.

The problem with the apologetic claptrap is it puts you in the inenviable position of appearing the fool yourself and, by extension, encouraging people to laugh the Bible to scorn.

Saint Augustine said it best. "If you don't know, don't be making shít up."
http://powerpointparadise.com/endworld/othrpr...
KJV

United States

#35865 Jul 28, 2012
15th Dalai Lama wrote:
<quoted text>-- proper biblical interpretation --
-- orthodox interpretation of the Bible --

Forgive me if I'm seldom impressed by the 'proper biblical interpretation' nor the 'orthodox interpretation of the Bible' presented by ignorant clodhoppers from Cabbageville.
I have not the power to forgive you.

“Wear white at night.”

Since: Jun 09

Albuquerque

#35866 Jul 28, 2012
<quoted text>
No evidence supports your delusion!
Your delusion is more delusional.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What Turns You Off? 11 min Camilla 559
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 14 min CJ Rocker 218,792
Last two letters into two new words... (Jun '15) 26 min BLouise 6,608
2words into 2new words (May '12) 28 min BLouise 8,204
News The average holidaymaker's suitcase contains it... 38 min Guest 3
News On the move: Large Idaho sequoia tree finds new... 38 min Guest 4
Let's Play Songs Titled with Two Words ... (Nov '14) 39 min CJ Rocker 2,259
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 2 hr Ohio Sam aka SNAF... 76,039
How's your weather today? (Mar '12) 4 hr Bad Bex 6,297
Denny Crain's Place (May '10) 5 hr SGHarleyhoney 22,892