Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 201752 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

“Wear white at night.”

Since: Jun 09

Albuquerque

#35322 Jul 24, 2012
The Dude Destroyer wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, we'd just have people telling us Nebraska man is real. You suck at logic. No offense, it goes hand-in-hand with those who fall for pseudo-science.
No, I'd prefer to avoid straw men, like this: "If that was the case you wouldn't know about the pig."
But Dude, baby! Did those esteemed men of science make those statements? ahahaha And, you did admit the sloppiness. You're well on the way to being tamed. Remember: You are the one looking like a fool, BECAUSE you refuse to address my points. Dude, I feel you're older than me, 18, but take some advice. Curb your tongue and cease your BS, because if you don't people like me just love to take you to task.:)
Now, I'd just like to point out to you that NONE of your tactics will ever work on me. I've responded to all of you, and I'm "on message." You shan't divert me. This is quite funny, because anyone looking at this sees that your lot are desperate to change the subject. Very telling, indeed.
It's ok, you don't need to officially admit defeat. It freakin' obvious!
Now, I'm getting tired and I don't particularly like textually beating up on old men, so I may wander off soon.
Wander off secure in the the knowledge you're dumb as a rock.

“Wear white at night.”

Albuquerque

#35323 Jul 24, 2012
<quoted text>
"You're just one more, ignorant, fundie fraud."
*Noted. The above is the usual method of the moronic holders of ToE, who make ASSUMPTIONS - FALSE ASSUMPTIONS. This is par for the course, and yet again proves my point about the curious "fuzzy logic" (read as illogical thought processes of those who take fragments of bones and proceed to manufacture entire "beings" of their own choosing out of them) that must necessarily accompany those among among the ranks of the deluded.
What pile of cráp do you put forward as a viable alternative to the modern theory of evolution? Talking snakes?

“Wear white at night.”

Albuquerque

#35324 Jul 24, 2012
<quoted text>
Noted: FAILED TO PROVIDE EVIDENCE THAT THOSE DISTINGUISHED experts from the time didn't make those statements. STILL FAILING to address my point. More DEFLECTION. TRYING TO WIDEN the debate because you cannot answer my point.:D
8-0
Narcissistic piece of bilge scum.
The Dude Destroyer

Derrimut, Australia

#35325 Jul 24, 2012
Kong_ wrote:
<quoted text>
...and yet you fail to acknowledge that it WAS SCIENCE AS A WHOLE that discredited the incorrect assumptions made by a scant few in all of the cases that have been brought up.
You've won nothing.
And THAT is "freakin' obvious".
You are in dire need of a brain transplant, buddy. I'll be willing to do it with but the use of a spoon.:D

Yes, you've inadvertently gotten to the core of the problem, but I can't give you any credit because you're using the points to, incredibly, support the copious sewage that pours forth from your mind and, then, unfortunately is transferred into useless, embarrassing text.

The "scant few" are the problem. They foist their erroneous "discoveries" onto the masses. So, what's your point? And,let us not forget those esteemed, influential men of science who heartily embraced "Nebraska Man." :D

I got a good laugh of the other bit. haha

"Science", eh? Science saved us from the ERROR of Nebraska Man, which was thought to be genuine due to the sloppy methodology that is employed to this very day?

IT WAS DUMB LUCK that uncovered that error, you twit!

Can't you get it that super-thick skull of yours, that IF an event happened that destroyed the site BEFORE the rest of the PIG was discovered, it'd be your same "science" that would be perpetuating the error to THIS VERY DAY?

I "win" outright every time I decide to invest brain cells responding to your piles of junk that pose as something actually rational.

“I am evolving as fast as I can”

Since: Jan 08

Brooklyn, in Dayton OH now

#35326 Jul 24, 2012
<quoted text>
Oh Dude!:( You're too easy. NO. What I've demonstrated is: That if the rest of that PIG wasn't found, to this very day you'd believe in Nebraska Man. Why? Due to the sloppy, slipshod assumptive methods used to this very day by paleontologists to uphold ToE. Get it, moron?
And, this is true. We both know it, hehe.:D AND, it clearly demonstratea that some "heavyweigtys" of the time believed in Nebraska Man and it was only disregarded ONCE the rest of the PIG was found, you disingenuous fraud.:)
"In 1917, Harold Cook, a rancher and geologist from Nebraska, unearthed one molar tooth in Pliocine deposits in western Nebraska. In 1922, he sent the tooth to Dr. Henry Osborn of Columbia University, head of the American Museum of Natural History, who claimed that it belonged to an early hominid and determined that the tooth had characteristics of chimpanzee, Pithecanthropus (Java man), and man. He wrote Cook saying: "I sat down with the tooth and I said to myself:'It looks one hundred per cent anthropoid'" (Osborn, Henry Fairfield, 1922, "Hesperopithecus, the first anthropoid primate found in America," American Museum Novitates, 37, p. 2 ). One month later, Osborn announced that Hesperopithecus haroldcookii was the first anthropoid ape from America; a missing link in human evolution.
Sir Grafton Elliot Smith, F.R.S., Professor of Anatomy of Manchester, England, supported Osborn saying, "I think the balance of probability is in favour of the view that the tooth found in the Pliocene beds of Nebraska may possibly have belonged to a primitive member of the Human Family" (Smith, The Evolution of Man 1927)"
As for your continued attempts to try to widen this. Sorry.:) I'm here to show you CAN'T adequately answer me, pal. And, until the owners of this sire delete our lovely correspondences, due to it's embarrassing implications, it'll stand here for all to see. Quick! Get those Mods to delete it! Thant's the normal way it goes down on sites such as this.
Dude, your "cute" and "clever" use of "Goddit" is now demanding you pay the price. And that price is the embarrassment you're suffering here as I show how your ilk *magically* create beings out of mere fragments --- and GET IT WRONG.
Quyote-mining is such a simple and easily uncovered form of Creationist Lying.

Why didn't you also posts Smith's other comment: ""The suggestion that the Nebraska tooth (Hesperopithecus) may possibly indicate the existence of Mankind in Early Pliocene times is, as I have explained in the Foreword, still wholly tentative. The claim that real men were in existence in Pliocene and Miocene times must be regarded as a mere hypothesis unsupported as yet by any adequate evidence." (Smith, The Evolution of Man 1927)

See what happens when you try and make a quote support the unsupportable position. Nebraska Man wasn't a fraud, it was a mistake and one recogni9zed very early by ... other scientists. Funny how scientific mistakes and even the few cases of actual fraud are never discovered by armchair Creationists like yourself, but real scientists doing real science. Why is that?
The Dude Destroyer

Derrimut, Australia

#35327 Jul 24, 2012
15th Dalai Lama wrote:
<quoted text>
What pile of cráp do you put forward as a viable alternative to the modern theory of evolution? Talking snakes?
The question was framed with extreme prejudice, therefore I choose to ignore your textual barfing that you so rudely chose to project in my direction.:)

But put it this way, there is a possibility that one pile of crap may stink less than another, and considering that the pile of crap known as ToE stinks the most, any alternative pile of crap would be a marked improvement.

Got the picture? Your BS can quite easily be paid back with interest; something that actually has some wit and flair to it.

“Nihil curo de ista tua stulta ”

Since: May 08

Orlando

#35328 Jul 24, 2012
<quoted text>
You are in dire need of a brain transplant, buddy. I'll be willing to do it with but the use of a spoon.:D
Yes, you've inadvertently gotten to the core of the problem, but I can't give you any credit because you're using the points to, incredibly, support the copious sewage that pours forth from your mind and, then, unfortunately is transferred into useless, embarrassing text.
The "scant few" are the problem. They foist their erroneous "discoveries" onto the masses. So, what's your point? And,let us not forget those esteemed, influential men of science who heartily embraced "Nebraska Man." :D
I got a good laugh of the other bit. haha
"Science", eh? Science saved us from the ERROR of Nebraska Man, which was thought to be genuine due to the sloppy methodology that is employed to this very day?
IT WAS DUMB LUCK that uncovered that error, you twit!
Can't you get it that super-thick skull of yours, that IF an event happened that destroyed the site BEFORE the rest of the PIG was discovered, it'd be your same "science" that would be perpetuating the error to THIS VERY DAY?
I "win" outright every time I decide to invest brain cells responding to your piles of junk that pose as something actually rational.
No. It was a VERY FEW scientists who advanced the idea that this fossil tooth was from a hominid. The POPULAR (not scientific) press promoted this idea to the public. The VAST MAJORITY of scientists DID NOT buy into the idea of this fossil being pre-human.

And since the dig site where the tooth was NOT "destroyed", and the balance of the evidence WAS sought out and found, and this evidence was proved BY SCIENTISTS that the tooth was NOT of hominid origin, YOU are making a statement for something that did not happen.

Now.

Have you any OTHER nonsensical, idiotic statements to blather about?

Do you care to discuss your position for a more rational explanation for the diversity of life on earth?

Or continue to play 'Pigeon Chess'?

“Wear white at night.”

Albuquerque

#35329 Jul 24, 2012
<quoted text>
The question was framed with extreme prejudice, therefore I choose to ignore your textual barfing that you so rudely chose to project in my direction.:)
But put it this way, there is a possibility that one pile of crap may stink less than another, and considering that the pile of crap known as ToE stinks the most, any alternative pile of crap would be a marked improvement.
Got the picture? Your BS can quite easily be paid back with interest; something that actually has some wit and flair to it.
Of course my question shows bias because you're a horrid little man.
The Dude Destroyer

Derrimut, Australia

#35330 Jul 24, 2012
TedHOhio wrote:
<quoted text>
Quyote-mining is such a simple and easily uncovered form of Creationist Lying.
Why didn't you also posts Smith's other comment: ""The suggestion that the Nebraska tooth (Hesperopithecus) may possibly indicate the existence of Mankind in Early Pliocene times is, as I have explained in the Foreword, still wholly tentative. The claim that real men were in existence in Pliocene and Miocene times must be regarded as a mere hypothesis unsupported as yet by any adequate evidence." (Smith, The Evolution of Man 1927)
See what happens when you try and make a quote support the unsupportable position. Nebraska Man wasn't a fraud, it was a mistake and one recogni9zed very early by ... other scientists. Funny how scientific mistakes and even the few cases of actual fraud are never discovered by armchair Creationists like yourself, but real scientists doing real science. Why is that?
Why? I thought I'd leave it up to you, because it demonstrates quite clearly the schizophrenic cover-my-ass tactics of the those who are all over the place like a mad woman's knitting, due to the incongruity of their own minds with respect to holding to insane beliefs, such as the ever-changing religion known as "Darwinian evolution."

Now, please explain away these quotes, and understand how foolish you are looking right now.

"In 1917, Harold Cook, a rancher and geologist from Nebraska, unearthed one molar tooth in Pliocine deposits in western Nebraska. In 1922, he sent the tooth to Dr. Henry Osborn of Columbia University, head of the American Museum of Natural History, who claimed that it belonged to an early hominid and determined that the tooth had characteristics of chimpanzee, Pithecanthropus (Java man), and man. He wrote Cook saying: "I sat down with the tooth and I said to myself:'It looks one hundred per cent anthropoid'" (Osborn, Henry Fairfield, 1922, "Hesperopithecus, the first anthropoid primate found in America," American Museum Novitates, 37, p. 2 ). One month later, Osborn announced that Hesperopithecus haroldcookii was the first anthropoid ape from America; a missing link in human evolution."

"By Jove, we've FOUND THE MISSING LINK!"

See what happens when you try and make a quote support the unsupportable position,i.e. that evolution has a leg to freakin' stand on in this episode????

His, Smith's, subsequent comments DIDN'T discount the previous comments, did they now?

FAIL.

And, time is irrelevant. They discovered the "mistake" by pure happenstance, NOT a good method foe a GENUIUNE "science."

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Seffner, FL

#35331 Jul 24, 2012
<quoted text>
Your lack of ability to think clearly is truly staggering. One could easily be inclined to ask, "What is Sam Hill is wrong with you?"
As if you have any idea of what thinking clearly is.
If you had a workable intellect, you wouldn't categorize Piltdown Man with Nebraska Man, which, by the way, is my "favorite."
I see. So you don't know a damn thing about Piltdown either. No surprise. I'm sure in another 4 or 5 post you'll be claiming to be an expert on the subject.
I see that you are still peeved that you didn't even know the difference until well into this annihilation. C'est la vie!:D
Uh... Dumbass? It was *me* who pointed it out to *you* not the other way around. But keep lying. You simply reinforce the opinion that you sole field of expertise is dishonesty.
Your complete disconnect with reality refuses to allow you to admit that Nebraska Man speaks to a sloppy methodology that is employed to this very day.
Sloppy in its day, yes. You have offered no proof that it continues today. Just a lot of crybaby bullshit from 100 years ago.
It shall be repeated, because of the overeager zealots that so desperately want to find proofs to support their religion called "Darwinian Evolution." To this end, they have regularly employed "magic" in order to take mere fragments of bones and manufacture beings of their choosing out of them.
Wah, wah, wah.
Now, try to think, please. A fraud, such as in the case of Piltdown Man, cannot be carry the same culpability as a mistake due to a bad methodology, which does not in any way equate to "science."
And what of Arthur Smith Woodward? More stuff you're clueless about.
I hope this clears this up for for you. If not, feel free to pick my brain for a better understanding of how to employ logic as you lurch from one BS "discovery" to another. Oh! Yeah. There's this delightful chap with an electronic voice that had this "theory", but *cue the electronic voice* "I was wrong, and there are Klingons on the starboard bow, by the way." :D
Pick you brain? What for? I don't need any more information from 100 years ago. Certainly not inaccurate information.
Yep, another complete crock due to minds that have totally lost the plot. Now, there is a wonderful "collider" out there. I suggest you collide your gray matter with that of a newt --- couldn't be a worse result than we have already, eh?
Oh, here we go! Now he's an expert on particle physics. Too funny.

Level 8

Seffner, FL

#35332 Jul 24, 2012
Dude, I feel you're older than me, 18...
Ah-ha! That would explain the arrogance.
Now, I'm getting tired and I don't particularly like textually beating up on old men, so I may wander off soon.
Time for you to run away, huh?

Level 8

Seffner, FL

#35333 Jul 24, 2012
And right there you have it. How little this clown knows of modern science. He actually thinks that finding a skeleton would be the only way to overturn Nebraska. Arrogant and ignorant. Sadly, too much of that in the world today. Sadder still to think he will probably breed.

Level 8

Seffner, FL

#35334 Jul 24, 2012
<quoted text>
Translation: I'm not going to answer you because I haven't the faintest idea of how to respond. Now you'll have to excuse me so I can go cry myself to sleep.

#35335 Jul 24, 2012
<quoted text>
Why? I thought I'd leave it up to you, because it demonstrates quite clearly the schizophrenic cover-my-ass tactics of the those who are all over the place like a mad woman's knitting, due to the incongruity of their own minds with respect to holding to insane beliefs, such as the ever-changing religion known as "Darwinian evolution."
Now, please explain away these quotes, and understand how foolish you are looking right now.
"In 1917, Harold Cook, a rancher and geologist from Nebraska, unearthed one molar tooth in Pliocine deposits in western Nebraska. In 1922, he sent the tooth to Dr. Henry Osborn of Columbia University, head of the American Museum of Natural History, who claimed that it belonged to an early hominid and determined that the tooth had characteristics of chimpanzee, Pithecanthropus (Java man), and man. He wrote Cook saying: "I sat down with the tooth and I said to myself:'It looks one hundred per cent anthropoid'" (Osborn, Henry Fairfield, 1922, "Hesperopithecus, the first anthropoid primate found in America," American Museum Novitates, 37, p. 2 ). One month later, Osborn announced that Hesperopithecus haroldcookii was the first anthropoid ape from America; a missing link in human evolution."
"By Jove, we've FOUND THE MISSING LINK!"
See what happens when you try and make a quote support the unsupportable position,i.e. that evolution has a leg to freakin' stand on in this episode????
His, Smith's, subsequent comments DIDN'T discount the previous comments, did they now?
FAIL.
And, time is irrelevant. They discovered the "mistake" by pure happenstance, NOT a good method foe a GENUIUNE "science."
Already addressed, your arguments are more like pathetic whinings.

Do you have a valid and scientifically viable critic of current evolutionary theory? So far, you have posted quantity, but nothing of quality. Care to up your game?

What I expect form you next is another re-hash of something inapplicable to science and evolution, probably something like the Lady Hope urban legend of a re-interpretation of the Biblical interpretation of a translation of a quote written by someone claiming to be an apostle 300 years after the apostle's death. That sounds about your speed. Oh wait, maybe the tornado argument, that's always good for a laugh. No, I got it, your misapplication of thermodynamics -- yea, that is certainly your speed. GOnna quote-mine again?

Yes, my expectations of you are that low ... and so far you have managed to meet them -- more's the pity. So far any 'destruction The Dude has received from your posts might be a pulled muscle from laughing so hard.

Let me reiterate, since you obviously never bother to read for comprehension, do you have a valid and scientifically viable critic of current evolutionary theory?
The Dude Destroyer

Derrimut, Australia

#35336 Jul 24, 2012
Kong_ wrote:
<quoted text>
No. It was a VERY FEW scientists who advanced the idea that this fossil tooth was from a hominid. The POPULAR (not scientific) press promoted this idea to the public. The VAST MAJORITY of scientists DID NOT buy into the idea of this fossil being pre-human.
And since the dig site where the tooth was NOT "destroyed", and the balance of the evidence WAS sought out and found, and this evidence was proved BY SCIENTISTS that the tooth was NOT of hominid origin, YOU are making a statement for something that did not happen.
Now.
Have you any OTHER nonsensical, idiotic statements to blather about?
Do you care to discuss your position for a more rational explanation for the diversity of life on earth?
Or continue to play 'Pigeon Chess'?
Funny how your ilk discount the possibilities when it comes to their love affair with Darwinian Evolution? Five years is a long time --- all those involved could have died? The site COULD have been destroyed. It was DUMB LUCK that they discovered the rest of the PIG. But, yes, let's all agree that your so-called science was saved due to, in the first instance, NOTHING SCIENTIFIC; rather, DUMB LUCK. Got it? And furthermore, let's all agree that dumb luck is a most desirable element when it comes to discovering the truth in science. Let's all agree that taking one tooth and assuming, surmising, postulating that it's a "missing link" is the "way to go", because it's so damn "conclusive." lol I'm going to do you s-l-o-w, pal, because we both know about other fragments that were manufactured into entire beings. ;)

No, it was widely accepted by the evolution community at the time, based on the few spreading that good news that a "missing link" was discovered - "Osborn announced that Hesperopithecus haroldcookii was the first anthropoid ape from America; a missing link in human evolution."

There are films and books that referred to all this at the time, with scenes of "free thinkers" gathered in the parlors and in the drawing rooms "gushing" about these magnificent men and their wonderful discoveries!'

Have you any OTHER moronic, petty-conman tactics and utter tripe you wish to make a fool of yourself with?

You have LOST again.

#35337 Jul 24, 2012
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
And right there you have it. How little this clown knows of modern science. He actually thinks that finding a skeleton would be the only way to overturn Nebraska. Arrogant and ignorant. Sadly, too much of that in the world today. Sadder still to think he will probably breed.
Scary thought! The only scarier thought is him as a parent! Poor child.
The Dude Destroyer

Derrimut, Australia

#35338 Jul 24, 2012
Kong_ wrote:
<quoted text>
"Debating creationists on the topic of evolution is rather like trying to play chess with a pigeon; it knocks the pieces over, craps on the board, and flies back to its flock to claim victory."
-- Scott D. Weitzenhoffer
"Debating evolutionists on the topic of creation is rather like trying to play baseball with a chimp; it hits the ball, proceeds to peel a banana, and makes no attempt to make it to first base; instead it scampers off to its cage and voluntarily encloses itself, much like evolutionists who close their minds, fail to answer objections and then claim victory."
-- The Dude Slayer
The Dude Destroyer

Derrimut, Australia

#35339 Jul 24, 2012
I did try to tell you I'm smarter than you. :D HEHEHE
The Dude Destroyer

Derrimut, Australia

#35340 Jul 24, 2012
15th Dalai Lama wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course my question shows bias because you're a horrid little man.
Pardon me while I laugh my proverbial off...ahahahahahahahaha

Level 8

Seffner, FL

#35342 Jul 24, 2012
I did try to tell you I'm smarter than you.:D HEHEHE
And, like everything since you've been here, you've failed to prove it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Last Post Wins! (Aug '08) 3 min Old Sam 146,098
***Keep a Word~Drop a Word*** (Jan '10) 4 min Old Sam 82,386
Keep a Word.....Drop a Word Game (Sep '13) 5 min Old Sam 11,776
Favorite lines from a song (Mar '08) 5 min 7th grade 3,647
Last two letters into two new words... (Jun '15) 5 min Old Sam 3,545
Any Word ! (Mar '11) 7 min Princess Hey 4,767
Names, A to Z, ... (Aug '12) 11 min Old Sam 2,638
Word Association 2 (Sep '13) 17 min ceemee2 18,521
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 24 min LOST IN MISSISSIPPI 58,214
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 1 hr Camilla 194,702