Posted in the Weird Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Level 5

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#1 Feb 12, 2014
Our Governor is saying that bad weather is coming our way and it's going to be as bad or worse than winter of 1994.....OMGosh, nothing like taking things out of context and making a big deal out of nothing!
What is coming our way????
Anonymous

Sharon Springs, NY

#2 Feb 12, 2014
It's better to be prepared spirit. Remember the storm in Atlanta not too long ago? That wasn't a big deal, until it happened and the whole metro area was gridlocked.
Level 5

Location hidden

#3 Feb 12, 2014
Anonymous wrote:
It's better to be prepared spirit. Remember the storm in Atlanta not too long ago? That wasn't a big deal, until it happened and the whole metro area was gridlocked.
I'm prepared and most people here are and around town.....my goodness now the news is extending their weather program until 5pm.....
I was thinking of Atlanta when I went for a run and me and lil function enjoyed the snow so much! It was during this time and through Valentines Day.....we really had a good time! Our hotel was literally on the runway it seemed! We stayed in the executive suite, just to feel high falootin, Lol!
It was fun and we ad access to a level with TV's panoramic view and all the heavy hordeavirs and desserts you can handle!
Mia Dea

Huntington, NY

#4 Feb 12, 2014
Hurry and buy up all the milk, eggs, and bread!!!!!
lmao

Lynchburg, VA

#5 Feb 12, 2014
Spirit67_ wrote:
<quoted text>I'm prepared and most people here are and around town.....my goodness now the news is extending their weather program until 5pm.....
I was thinking of Atlanta when I went for a run and me and lil function enjoyed the snow so much! It was during this time and through Valentines Day.....we really had a good time! Our hotel was literally on the runway it seemed! We stayed in the executive suite, just to feel high falootin, Lol!
It was fun and we ad access to a level with TV's panoramic view and all the heavy hordeavirs and desserts you can handle!
You tried to hard to work n your motel story frogie!!!! So therefore I believe it to be a big fat lie! Don't try so hard next time.
Level 5

Location hidden

#6 Feb 12, 2014
I am sick and tired of these dimwits acting so stupid when it comes to the weather! So what, it's a little rain, ice and snow....Big Deal! People need to quit acting like everyone is going to die!
I took a shower and washed my wee wee incase if the lights go out!
Anonymous

Sharon Springs, NY

#7 Feb 12, 2014
Spirit67_ wrote:
I am sick and tired of these dimwits acting so stupid when it comes to the weather! So what, it's a little rain, ice and snow....Big Deal! People need to quit acting like everyone is going to die!
Spirit, I don't know where exactly you're from, but I think you are a northerner living in the south. If I am right, the you've experienced harsher winter weather and it wasn't really national big deal news. It snows in the south too, people need to experience it so they can become better at preparing (look at Atlanta with that recent storm). Now, it's different when my area experienced a hurricane in 2011, because nobody ever lived through a hurricane, and nobody knew what to do. Schools were closed for the first week of school (the hurricane was on August 29-30), people stocked up on food, the local Walmart closed and other stores too, and people braced for the worst. Nobody here knew what was gonna happen, and it was complete destruction. Worse than one could imagine in upstate NY. Back to my point, it is a little rain/ice and snow, and there is nothing to worry about. Just be safe and stay at home, and everything will be just fine.
And lol didn't need to know that.
Level 5

Location hidden

#8 Feb 12, 2014
lmao wrote:
<quoted text>
You tried to hard to work n your motel story frogie!!!! So therefore I believe it to be a big fat lie! Don't try so hard next time.
We stayed at the Atlanta Airport Marriott and it was awesome! Lots and lots of snow! We were on the Executive/Concierge level....Fun!
Level 5

Location hidden

#9 Feb 12, 2014
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
Spirit, I don't know where exactly you're from, but I think you are a northerner living in the south. If I am right, the you've experienced harsher winter weather and it wasn't really national big deal news. It snows in the south too, people need to experience it so they can become better at preparing (look at Atlanta with that recent storm). Now, it's different when my area experienced a hurricane in 2011, because nobody ever lived through a hurricane, and nobody knew what to do. Schools were closed for the first week of school (the hurricane was on August 29-30), people stocked up on food, the local Walmart closed and other stores too, and people braced for the worst. Nobody here knew what was gonna happen, and it was complete destruction. Worse than one could imagine in upstate NY. Back to my point, it is a little rain/ice and snow, and there is nothing to worry about. Just be safe and stay at home, and everything will be just fine.
Actually I'm a Southerner living in the South! It's tiresome listening to all the hoopla about the weather, but I guess it's their jobs to blow things out of proportion!
I'm home and have been home except a few errands and a run!
FTW

United States

#10 Feb 12, 2014
Spirit67_ wrote:
Hell freakin' yeah.... People are to quick to panic.. People have just been spoiled with all the pantywaist winters we've had the past few years. People just forgot what actual winters are like. This winter is great. I just hope it doesn't turn into 95 degree 90% humidity every day this summer. That would suck.
Level 5

Location hidden

#11 Feb 12, 2014
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, I had to tell you, I'm an open book!:)
FTW

United States

#12 Feb 12, 2014
Spirit67_ wrote:
Your wee wee????? I thought you were supposed to be a girl??
8(
Level 5

Location hidden

#13 Feb 12, 2014
FTW wrote:
<quoted text>Hell freakin' yeah.... People are to quick to panic.. People have just been spoiled with all the pantywaist winters we've had the past few years. People just forgot what actual winters are like. This winter is great. I just hope it doesn't turn into 95 degree 90% humidity every day this summer. That would suck.
Well, I'm getting sick real fast, because of all this drama! They should a grocery store in Charlotte with the shelves wiped clean from people buying everything! I don't blame them, for Charlotte, but my goodness, why does the weather man have to act like it's such a freaking shock and kept going on and on about it!
Level 5

Location hidden

#14 Feb 12, 2014
FTW wrote:
<quoted text>Your wee wee????? I thought you were supposed to be a girl??
8(
I am a girl! I have a wee wee, not a ding dong!
Just sayin

Chicago, IL

#15 Feb 12, 2014
And if they didn't take the weather seriously, and it caught everyone unprepared, you'd bitch that they didn't properly warn everyone. They're damned if they do and damned if they didn't. Just sayin.
FTW

United States

#16 Feb 12, 2014
Spirit67_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, I'm getting sick real fast, because of all this drama! They should a grocery store in Charlotte with the shelves wiped clean from people buying everything! I don't blame them, for Charlotte, but my goodness, why does the weather man have to act like it's such a freaking shock and kept going on and on about it!
I agree. Everything on the news is told as if the sky is falling. Sometimes I think they try and get people hysterical on purpose so people panic. That way they can report on how people are in panic.
Level 5

Location hidden

#17 Feb 12, 2014
Just sayin wrote:
And if they didn't take the weather seriously, and it caught everyone unprepared, you'd bitch that they didn't properly warn everyone. They're damned if they do and damned if they didn't. Just sayin.
WRONG!!!!! YOU would, but not me! I am smart enough now, to see for myself and not rely on their drama to scare everyone! Yesterday, they said today will be sunny and 64.....it's been 32 all day and no sun! Case closed.....
Anonymous

Sharon Springs, NY

#18 Feb 12, 2014
Hurricane irene was the worst weather I've lived through. It was the first hurricane to hit the northeast in at least 50 years. In the Schoharie Valley where I live, record flooding destroyed a 156 year old bridge, which was a national landmark and the longest single-span covered bridge in the world. The Gilboa dam was BREACHED (which means the water just went over the top), but many news stations claimed the dam failed, throwing panic all over upstate NY. CNN even aired a story all over the US that the dam broke. FEMA didn't supply housing or aid for months. Governor Cuomo was amazed by the devastation here (some of he worst in the northeast). When I woke up, I didn't know what to expect. Would I ever even wake up? Was I dead, my family too, washed away by waters even Noah couldn't imagine? I did wake up, but the devastation was still bad. Water flowed through the street, teddies and dolls washed up on lawns. Garages strewn over highways. Gas stations closed. I was thankful to be alive. I never thought that it would happen to me. I remember saying "those models are off, that won't hit us." Still driving through the county, I see some abandoned houses, or old signs saying "Go away irene" or "FEMA send me help." It makes me shiver even talking about it...
FTW

United States

#19 Feb 12, 2014
Spirit67_ wrote:
<quoted text>
I am a girl! I have a wee wee, not a ding dong!
Around here a wee wee is a ding-dong, girls have a ney-ney or a cooter.
lmao

Lynchburg, VA

#20 Feb 12, 2014
Spirit67_ wrote:
<quoted text>Actually I'm a Southerner living in the South! It's tiresome listening to all the hoopla about the weather, but I guess it's their jobs to blow things out of proportion!
I'm home and have been home except a few errands and a run!
Actually the frog is from huntington WV
I know this because it has posts all the time on the Huntington WV forum! Frogie is phony bolongna!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 6 min syamsu 209,863
If Trump Wins 6 min forgot 28
no underwear 12 min Tio 1
What Turns You Off (Jun '11) 12 min Sam 9,131
conversation using song lyrics (Aug '13) 13 min zazz 2,467
What turns you on ? (Aug '11) 23 min unreals_dad 443
Who won the Presidential debate 2016 ? 25 min Go Blue Forever 62
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 40 min Goku Black 200,988
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 42 min Hypocrite Hunter 61,570
Philly grey poster hangout 2 hr Knock off purse s... 75