Woman Drives Into Lake While Texting

Sep 11, 2013 Full story: 100.3 The Buzzard 132

A 25-year-old woman in Maryland has delivered unto the nation the latest public-service announcement about texting and driving in dramatic fashion: Police say she lost control of her Hyundai while looking at her phone, smacked a tree, then drove 60 feet into a lake in Waldorf, reports .

Full Story

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#65 Sep 13, 2013
tallyho wrote:
<quoted text>
not a question of being enforced .. numbers out weigh the police.... and you have to be seen [caught in the act].....
or it could be the cop is busy on the phone himself. lol
how did we Ever do without these things. lol

“....VETS”

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

WELCOME HOME

#66 Sep 13, 2013
PFfff wrote:
<quoted text>
truth ... far better than I do today....

Police and Trained people surprisingly , can multi-task

and image odds are in his favor..

“....VETS”

Level 9

WELCOME HOME

#67 Sep 13, 2013
PFfff wrote:
<quoted text>
PS: remember the pager rage.... beep beep beep everyone sounded like the road runner

“Incorrupta fides, nudaque veri”

Level 9

Since: May 07

Vincit qui se vincit

#68 Sep 13, 2013
tallyho wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah but I see cops all the time all over the road, does that give them the right over anyone else who also is multi-tasking? I know if I'm all over the road I'm getting pulled over where is isn't? lol
SLACK

Ludington, MI

#69 Sep 13, 2013
tallyho wrote:
<quoted text>
like this guy

“....VETS”

Level 9

WELCOME HOME

#70 Sep 13, 2013
Ricky F wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah but I see cops all the time all over the road, does that give them the right over anyone else who also is multi-tasking? I know if I'm all over the road I'm getting pulled over where is isn't? lol
why yes it does and you don't see them all over the road so why exaggerate...

and what is the law in your state .. I sure glad that 99.99% stop for the stop sign ....here

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#71 Sep 13, 2013
tallyho wrote:
<quoted text>
one of my brothers is a retired cop, and so ive been around them all my life and I can tell u that they definitely are not super human beings. lol

too many people "think" they can multi-task while driving and end up finding out just how wrong they were. I just hope none of my family is in the area when they learn that lesson.
every where u look u see someone driving and yakking on the phone, its become a big problem and isn't going to get better any time soon, imagine how many accidents could be prevented if they assigned just one person in each township to stop these drivers.

besides all that money they collect could probably put a kid in college. lol

“....VETS”

Level 9

WELCOME HOME

#72 Sep 13, 2013
PFfff wrote:
<quoted text>
one of my brothers is a retired cop, and so ive been around them all my life and I can tell u that they definitely are not super human beings. lol
too many people "think" they can multi-task while driving and end up finding out just how wrong they were. I just hope none of my family is in the area when they learn that lesson.
every where u look u see someone driving and yakking on the phone, its become a big problem and isn't going to get better any time soon, imagine how many accidents could be prevented if they assigned just one person in each township to stop these drivers.
besides all that money they collect could probably put a kid in college. lol
nobody is claiming super human , but 1 cop out of 100 cars I say I like my odds ..........
I worked many a military radio and about 20-30 channels yaking at once and yet was able to pick my call-sign out ..multi-tasking is a training not a gift

THOUGHT: this could be corrected.........
Rochester N.Y.-A Rochester police officer ended up in the hospital overnight after his cruiser was sideswiped police say by a drunk driver.

don't drink don't drive..

traffic deaths that were related to distracted driving, cell phone use of some sort was related in eighteen percent of the incidents.

don't text while driving ...
SLACK

Ludington, MI

#73 Sep 13, 2013
tallyho wrote:
<quoted text>
more multitasking proficiency

“....VETS”

Level 9

WELCOME HOME

#75 Sep 13, 2013
harleyhunni wrote:
<quoted text>
I will!
I'm missing a file fragment and i can't get it in unless I dump this connection and re-new

“....VETS”

Level 9

WELCOME HOME

#77 Sep 13, 2013
harleyhunni wrote:
<quoted text>
Sucks!
I am off to work so you have a great day handsome. I hope you get your problem solved with no "bumps"!.
drive hard and fast don't want you to lose your image

“Incorrupta fides, nudaque veri”

Level 9

Since: May 07

Vincit qui se vincit

#78 Sep 13, 2013
tallyho wrote:
<quoted text>
why yes it does and you don't see them all over the road so why exaggerate...
and what is the law in your state .. I sure glad that 99.99% stop for the stop sign ....here
But I DO see them crossing lines wil texting or using their computers while driving, now I know they're just doing their job, but how's that any different from others on the road who might be crossing lines while trying to send their own messages? They should fall under the same guidelines as you or I, there's just no one to enforce them. But if I'm trying to forward say a work email and start crossing lines on the road, I'll probably get pulled over and could get a ticket, it's up to the officer.

“....VETS”

Level 9

WELCOME HOME

#79 Sep 13, 2013
Ricky F wrote:
<quoted text>But I DO see them crossing lines wil texting or using their computers while driving, now I know they're just doing their job, but how's that any different from others on the road who might be crossing lines while trying to send their own messages? They should fall under the same guidelines as you or I, there's just no one to enforce them. But if I'm trying to forward say a work email and start crossing lines on the road, I'll probably get pulled over and could get a ticket, it's up to the officer.
yes I seen police ..cell phone also seen illegal turns etc etc ..

two day ago a 27 year deputy was dui charged with a felony charge.12 year old in car .... not the only one

“I care more about my character”

Level 7

Since: Jun 11

...... then my reputation

#80 Sep 13, 2013
I think it's a shame that adult can't govern themselves on such a simple thing like this. Most parents wouldn't want their kids doing it, so lead by example. I'm mean seriously, do you read a book and drive?
Oh I am guilty of answering my phone and making it quick, but texting .... no.

Driving hard and fast is not an image, it's dangerous to yourself and others around you, bad advice Tally, lol.

“Don't harsh my mellow, man!”

Level 8

Since: Aug 08

Great State of Oklahoma!

#82 Sep 13, 2013
Beautiful Black Molly wrote:
I think it's a shame that adult can't govern themselves on such a simple thing like this. Most parents wouldn't want their kids doing it, so lead by example. I'm mean seriously, do you read a book and drive?
Oh I am guilty of answering my phone and making it quick, but texting .... no.
Driving hard and fast is not an image, it's dangerous to yourself and others around you, bad advice Tally, lol.
I see it every day, Bex. Some a-hole, in the fast lane, going 5 miles under the speed limit, weaving back and forth and when I pass them, sure enough, their phone is in their hand! Drives me nuts! Like you, I will answer a call if it's a family member, but I keep it brief and tell them I'll call them back when I get home. Texts, however, NO WAY! I don't even look at them until I am at a dead stop. I answer them when I get home.
Stay safe people and be aware of those around you when driving. You never know who's doing what in their car.

Level 1

Since: Jun 08

Atrisco Village

#83 Sep 13, 2013
SLACK wrote:
<quoted text>like this guy
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =c6goj7lpYHMXX
Omg, that's where I live! Missed that...Hilarious!
SLACK

Ludington, MI

#84 Sep 13, 2013
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>Omg, that's where I live! Missed that...Hilarious!
looks like you got a great chief there too

Level 8

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#86 Sep 13, 2013
We should ban lakes, these assault lakes are killing innocent morons. They are even glorified by religious crazies- Assault Lake City, Utah, named for zealotry justified water deaths!
Dr Stinko

Hampton, VA

#87 Sep 13, 2013
If she was having sex, the texting might not have been the big factor...
harleyhunni

Jasper, Canada

#89 Sep 13, 2013
Hippichick wrote:
<quoted text>
I see it every day, Bex. Some a-hole, in the fast lane, going 5 miles under the speed limit, weaving back and forth and when I pass them, sure enough, their phone is in their hand! Drives me nuts! Like you, I will answer a call if it's a family member, but I keep it brief and tell them I'll call them back when I get home. Texts, however, NO WAY! I don't even look at them until I am at a dead stop. I answer them when I get home.
Stay safe people and be aware of those around you when driving. You never know who's doing what in their car.
Since being on the bike, and seeing how much more dangerous things can be, I pull over even to answer a call, I will answer it, but same time I am pulling over. I will look at text as well, and if it is important will pull over.
You stay safe.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Internal Server Errors 5 min Enzo49 30
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 6 min Yes lts Me 24,032
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 9 min Dogen 127,988
Change-Six-Of-Six-Letters....Fun Game! 10 min Hoosier Hillbilly 390
Ferguson Grand Jury Reaches Decision 11 min frauline 368
ChANge "2" letter ChANgLE 13 min Hoosier Hillbilly 35
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 16 min Denny CranesPlace 37,501
Watch security guard foil bank robbery by throw... 47 min Christian Taliban 2
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 1 hr pusherman_ 151,184

Weird People Search