Woman Drives Into Lake While Texting

Sep 11, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: 100.3 The Buzzard

A 25-year-old woman in Maryland has delivered unto the nation the latest public-service announcement about texting and driving in dramatic fashion: Police say she lost control of her Hyundai while looking at her phone, smacked a tree, then drove 60 feet into a lake in Waldorf, reports .

Comments
41 - 60 of 132 Comments Last updated Sep 17, 2013

Level 8

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 12, 2013

Judged:

"The Pearl is in the Liver!" Maybe something was lost in translation and she tried to meet someone in the water?
beatlesinthebog

New Zealand

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 12, 2013

Judged:

ShadyBits wrote:
In NYS texting/talking while driving will add 5 points to your license and fines ranging from $50 to $400. If you're a junior driver or have a permit, it gets suspended for 60 days for first offense & 6 months for second offence.
That being said, I passed a car that was weaving in his lane back and forth between the lines, as I was driving past I noticed he was holding a tablet in his hands on the steering wheel & watching TV.
Maybe he was just practicing multi-tasking before he gets a sex change.....?
harleyhunni

Camrose, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 12, 2013

Judged:

tallyho wrote:
<quoted text>
not a question of being enforced .. numbers out weigh the police.... and you have to be seen [caught in the act].....
Like a friend of mine who got pulled over for speeding, and he said to the cop, "why did you not pull over the other guy that was speeding?" He replied,, when you go fishing, do you catch all the fish?

“I care more about my character”

Level 7

Since: Jun 11

...... then my reputation

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 12, 2013

Judged:

Hard to believe it has friends, ha ha ha ha!

“....VETS”

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

WELCOME HOME

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 12, 2013

Judged:

harleyhunni wrote:
<quoted text>
Like a friend of mine who got pulled over for speeding, and he said to the cop, "why did you not pull over the other guy that was speeding?" He replied,, when you go fishing, do you catch all the fish?
funny amusing indeed

“To contract new debts...”

Level 6

Since: Apr 08

is not the way to pay old ones

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 12, 2013

Judged:

tallyho wrote:
<quoted text>
understand , never said it wasn't enforced.....
but 5 cars pass the trooper 3 are texting he can only stop one ????? over-whelmed by numbers
when the trooper enforces the speed law ... what does everyone cry
"why aren't you out catching real criminals" ?????
But, it is working. My daily commute takes me from CT into MA every afternoon. During the CT half of my drive it is rare to see someone texting and driving, as soon as I cross into MA I see someone with a phone in their hand more often than not.
beatlesinthebog

New Zealand

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 12, 2013

Judged:

Hunglo wrote:
<quoted text>But, it is working. My daily commute takes me from CT into MA every afternoon. During the CT half of my drive it is rare to see someone texting and driving, as soon as I cross into MA I see someone with a phone in their hand more often than not.
Sure it's a phone?

“....VETS”

Level 9

WELCOME HOME

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 12, 2013

Judged:

Hunglo wrote:
<quoted text>But, it is working. My daily commute takes me from CT into MA every afternoon. During the CT half of my drive it is rare to see someone texting and driving, as soon as I cross into MA I see someone with a phone in their hand more often than not.
I didn't say it wasn't working ..just over whelming

“Hippie Single DAD, vet, Honest”

Level 6

Since: Apr 11

Steamboat Sprgs Colorado

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 12, 2013

Judged:

Is one of the best(worst) I have seen.Rick
http://www.kansas.com/2011/04/20/1816385/traf...
Man who was texting while driving on Kellogg slams into parked patrol car
harleyhunni

Camrose, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 12, 2013

Judged:

tallyho wrote:
<quoted text>
funny amusing indeed
I thought so too, a cop with a sense of humor!!! J/K. Here in Alberta we have photo radar as well, at all the traffic lights, it is the only time I get a godamn ticket, any time I have been pulled over I can talk/charm my way out of them.
I figured maybe you would get a chuckle out of this handsome.
I heard thru the topixvine that someone is getting a divorce!!!!!
Considering who it is,,,Karma does work...lol!
jar jar jar

Oak Forest, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 12, 2013

Judged:

harleyhunni wrote:
<quoted text>I thought so too, a cop with a sense of humor!!! J/K. Here in Alberta we have photo radar as well, at all the traffic lights, it is the only time I get a godamn ticket, any time I have been pulled over I can talk/charm my way out of them.
Says the old hoho who's been DUMPED more times than she can count! Too funny, Vern!
harleyhunni

Camrose, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 12, 2013

Judged:

tallyho wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't say it wasn't working ..just over whelming
Well I have to agree Tally, hard to enforce. The law really is not working when most people have no conscience, nor give a shit about others. I think the worst offenders of this texting or talking while driving is young girls, and older women.
As a person who is on the road a lot on a harley, and do a lot of miles, travelling to many places, one realizes the dangers more, and has learns a whole new respect when operating a vehicle. If I get a text, or call on my cell when driving, I pull over.
This offense really is nothing to make flippant juvenile remarks over, it is a serious thing. Only a fool would think it a joke, or to make a joke of. Wait til they know of someone or they themselves are seriously injured or killed by a "texter"! But of course finger pointer and such never clue in.

“I care more about my character”

Level 7

Since: Jun 11

...... then my reputation

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 12, 2013

Judged:

harleyhunni wrote:
Well better a lake, than a innocent person! Maybe it was an important call...like from her divorce lawyer..lol!
We have a law here for distracted driving, and it seems that some just still text and drive. I know some that can text on phone while it is in their pocket, so I am sure they can text and drive.
I wonder who made this stupid and unfunny about a serious issue post?
Boy .... you really know how to step in it.

“....VETS”

Level 9

WELCOME HOME

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 12, 2013

Judged:

harleyhunni wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought so too, a cop with a sense of humor!!! J/K. Here in Alberta we have photo radar as well, at all the traffic lights, it is the only time I get a godamn ticket, any time I have been pulled over I can talk/charm my way out of them.
I think a smart lawyer can beat that .... since there is no face , prove it was me ...

“....VETS”

Level 9

WELCOME HOME

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 12, 2013

harleyhunni wrote:
<quoted text>
Well I have to agree Tally, hard to enforce. The law really is not working when most people have no conscience, nor give a shit about others. I think the worst offenders of this texting or talking while driving is young girls, and older women.
As a person who is on the road a lot on a harley, and do a lot of miles, travelling to many places, one realizes the dangers more, and has learns a whole new respect when operating a vehicle. If I get a text, or call on my cell when driving, I pull over.
This offense really is nothing to make flippant juvenile remarks over, it is a serious thing. Only a fool would think it a joke, or to make a joke of. Wait til they know of someone or they themselves are seriously injured or killed by a "texter"! But of course finger pointer and such never clue in.
one girl [driver] took the lives of 5 others , she still had the phone in her hand ...just had graduated

“....VETS”

Level 9

WELCOME HOME

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 12, 2013

Judged:

harleyhunni wrote:
<quoted text>
Well sweetie they don't take a picture of the face as that is invasion of privacy, they take a picture of license plate, then charge the registered owner, you get a ticket in the mail, you can fight it, but not much point, not here anyways. But you do not get any points against your license. I lost my wallet while in Oregon this year, so when I got home I had to get a new license, and had one (ticket) waiting for me, and in order to get your license renewed, or anything to do with motor vehicles you have to pay fines, but the guy waived it and said I could pay it later, pays to be a sexy biker chic..lol! But I do hate this photo radar shit.
I will tell you though there are some real stupid people out there, my ex ( I am so glad I left him), put his passport number on a public web site,now I was not surprised, after all he is not the sharpest knife in the drawer!!!! I hope it gets in the wrong hands...lol! Damn that would be funny.
right they pix the plate . my point you can not prove who ......... and most cities it is only an ordinance not a uniform code ..... if I lent my car and it was pix in say a hit and run..bank robbery etc etc I don't get charged because it is registered to me

“....VETS”

Level 9

WELCOME HOME

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 12, 2013

the law . which is to protect you and I actually works better for the law breaker

“....VETS”

Level 9

WELCOME HOME

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 12, 2013

Judged:

harleyhunni wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes the laws were made to protect the crooks, not the victims.
As for the pix of car while in a crime,, I imagine in the case of a robbery the perp, would get charged when proven who was driving. But when it is speeding against a light, it is the registered owneer, not the one driving, different offense entirely.
Well I am off to bed Sweetie, I get up early for work, work hard, then come home and exercise, makes a girl tired. Besides my man is away at work, and it makes the days go by faster..lol!
Going to go see the kids this weekend. You have a great weekend handsome, take care.
tell the grands hey
Level 2

Since: Sep 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 12, 2013

Judged:

good, she wasn't killed

Level 1

Since: Jun 08

Atrisco Village

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 13, 2013

Judged:

Better that she screw up like this than kill someone and/or herself. She'll never hear the end if it and she deserves that.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••