Woman Drives Into Lake While Texting

Woman Drives Into Lake While Texting

There are 132 comments on the 100.3 The Buzzard story from Sep 11, 2013, titled Woman Drives Into Lake While Texting. In it, 100.3 The Buzzard reports that:

A 25-year-old woman in Maryland has delivered unto the nation the latest public-service announcement about texting and driving in dramatic fashion: Police say she lost control of her Hyundai while looking at her phone, smacked a tree, then drove 60 feet into a lake in Waldorf, reports .

Join the discussion below, or Read more at 100.3 The Buzzard.

First Prev
of 7
Next Last

“We're all Bozos on this bus”

Since: Jan 07

Chicago, IL

#1 Sep 11, 2013
Makes me think of the dumb broad who was driving slow, then fast, then slow again this morning on the interstate. Once I got up beside her, I could see her attention was mostly focused on her phone. Texting. She was doing this in the middle friggin' lane on a busy rush hour stretch of road FILLED with traffic.

Sometimes it's hard not to just gently bump them off into the guardrail, isn't it?

“Happiness comes through giving”

Level 7

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#2 Sep 11, 2013
How times have changed! In the horse and buggy days, people were told to go jump in the lake. Today, with the modern internal combustion engine, we can drive into it! Who would have thunk?

Beautiful Black Molly

“I care more about my character”

Level 7

Since: Jun 11

...... then my reputation

#3 Sep 11, 2013
Uh Clem wrote:
Makes me think of the dumb broad who was driving slow, then fast, then slow again this morning on the interstate. Once I got up beside her, I could see her attention was mostly focused on her phone. Texting. She was doing this in the middle friggin' lane on a busy rush hour stretch of road FILLED with traffic.
Sometimes it's hard not to just gently bump them off into the guardrail, isn't it?
I see it all the time too.
Frankly, I can't chew bubble gum and walk at the same time, lol.
harleyhunni

Hinton, Canada

#4 Sep 11, 2013
Well better a lake, than a innocent person! Maybe it was an important call...like from her divorce lawyer..lol!
We have a law here for distracted driving, and it seems that some just still text and drive. I know some that can text on phone while it is in their pocket, so I am sure they can text and drive.

Beautiful Black Molly

“I care more about my character”

Level 7

Since: Jun 11

...... then my reputation

#5 Sep 11, 2013
Do what?

ROFLMAO!

“To contract new debts...”

Level 6

Since: Apr 08

is not the way to pay old ones

#6 Sep 11, 2013
Shame that she didn't drown, texting and driving should carry the same penalties as drinking and driving. Just put down the damm phone and drive.
harleyhunni

Hinton, Canada

#7 Sep 11, 2013
Hunglo wrote:
Shame that she didn't drown, texting and driving should carry the same penalties as drinking and driving. Just put down the damm phone and drive.
Surely does not mean she deserves to die,,,a bit harsh don't you think? Only if she takes an innocent life, then maybe...lol!
Dr Stinko

Lewisburg, WV

#8 Sep 11, 2013
We all need to take a page here...
This shit is as bad as driving drunk.
CCI

Montague, NJ

#9 Sep 11, 2013
Was she from Edmonton?
harleyhunni

Hinton, Canada

#10 Sep 11, 2013
CCI wrote:
Was she from Edmonton?
No probably from Hampton Bay New York! Considering your comment, the shoe fits!
CCI

Montague, NJ

#11 Sep 11, 2013
harleyhunni wrote:
<quoted text>
No probably from Hampton Bay New York! Considering your comment, the shoe fits!
have another drink!!! Cheers!!!
harleyhunni

Hinton, Canada

#12 Sep 11, 2013
CCI wrote:
<quoted text>have another drink!!! Cheers!!!
Was that a dig???? LOL! It needs work! Clever your not. A comeback like this is weak, and proves you lack the brains to do better. Better luck next time. Adios, I don't banty with idiots.Best you go play with yourself, I am sure you are at least better at that.
Oh and by the way if you read, get someone who can to help you, the story says Maryland, in the USA in case you are wondering...lol!

“....VETS”

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

WELCOME HOME

#13 Sep 11, 2013
guess texting now has a watermark
Parden Pard

Nazareth, PA

#14 Sep 11, 2013
harleyhunni wrote:
<quoted text>
Was that a dig???? LOL! It needs work! Clever your not. A comeback like this is weak, and proves you lack the brains to do better. Better luck next time. Adios, I don't banty with idiots.Best you go play with yourself, I am sure you are at least better at that.
Oh and by the way if you read, get someone who can to help you, the story says Maryland, in the USA in case you are wondering...lol!
Harley,,'I've heard about you,,,I think Dilf has made you into a legend.(nice to hear from you),,,,stay in touch,,
harleyhunni

Hinton, Canada

#15 Sep 11, 2013
Parden Pard wrote:
<quoted text>
Harley,,'I've heard about you,,,I think Dilf has made you into a legend.(nice to hear from you),,,,stay in touch,,
LOL! He likes me, can't get me off of his little mind,,,yuck!!!!
But I was a legend long before he put me on a pedestal.
Thanks, I will stay in touch. You too.

“Will cause trouble when bored”

Level 6

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#16 Sep 11, 2013
Hey ms. Harley. How the hel u been girl:)

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#17 Sep 11, 2013
Sounds like Karma to me...:)

“To contract new debts...”

Level 6

Since: Apr 08

is not the way to pay old ones

#18 Sep 11, 2013
harleyhunni wrote:
<quoted text>
Surely does not mean she deserves to die,,,a bit harsh don't you think? Only if she takes an innocent life, then maybe...lol!
If that's what it takes to get the idiots off of our roads, I'm ok with it.

And stop calling me Shirley.

“Hippie Single DAD, vet, Honest”

Level 6

Since: Apr 11

Steamboat Sprgs Colorado

#19 Sep 11, 2013
Glad she wasn't killed! BUT other than that my empathy is pretty shallow!

Freakin IDIOT! I see it all the time. I already know I will see something bad happen to someone because of this & I will be the witness AND the person who has to rescue them or be the 1st responder,so I often wonder as i'm stopping the bleeding will I be also throwing their phone & cussing them out ? Rick

“Purple girl in a purple world”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Plum, Purplonia

#20 Sep 11, 2013
Did the text tell her do so? Or are the GPS people wanting to blame her cell?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Florida Man Shoots Neighbor, Drives Dead Body t... 2 min Mona 4
News 9 bizarre things that actually happened in the ... 5 min Mona 3
Word Association 2 (Sep '13) 7 min Jennifer Renee 24,074
A to Z songs by title or group! (Dec '16) 9 min rainmaker2016 2,097
3 Word Advice (Good or Bad) (Dec '14) 11 min Mona 5,694
Names, A to Z, ... (Aug '12) 12 min rainmaker2016 3,719
Word association (Jun '07) 14 min rainmaker2016 6,689
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 20 min Crazy Beautiful 220,629
Post how you feel (Oct '12) 22 min wichita-rick 536
Denny Crain's Place (May '10) 48 min twowheelsforever 23,877
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 52 min LIM 76,643
More from around the web