'Rent Too Damn High' candidate facing...

'Rent Too Damn High' candidate facing eviction

There are 28 comments on the KBCI CBS 2 story from Aug 6, 2011, titled 'Rent Too Damn High' candidate facing eviction. In it, KBCI CBS 2 reports that:

A candidate who ran for New York governor because "the rent is too damn high" says he's being evicted from his rent-controlled Manhattan apartment because his landlord wants to charge a new tenant more.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KBCI CBS 2.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Level 1

Since: Aug 11

New Iberia, LA

#1 Aug 6, 2011
wtf he read the terms of his lease. to get the lower rent the address must be his primary residence not his campaign office.there fore the property owner should get the higher rent.

“Pompous pontificator”

Level 5

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#2 Aug 6, 2011
Makes perfect sense for this guy to be involved...saw him on 'World's Dumbest' TV.

If you want to keep playing the game, you have to KNOW the rules AND abide by them.

I don't understand what makes some ppl so arrogant and 'entitled'. Could it be they think they are owed reparations b/c their ancestors were slaves?
bailout my duck

Des Plaines, IL

#3 Aug 6, 2011
i agree theres network thats has an unfair hold on renting and housing market making sure folks cant get more choices or bargins

SIR LANCELOT

“I just hate stupid people”

Level 5

Since: Apr 07

DEEP SOUTHERN ILLINOIS

#4 Aug 6, 2011
He is entertaining. I heard him on XM radio a couple of years on the Sean Hannity Show.

Level 1

Since: Aug 11

New Iberia, LA

#5 Aug 6, 2011
hey bubble if you notice they ain't runnin back to the mother land . they still got slavery goin on over there,and for 3/4 of them ,they would have to trace back250 years to find ancestors actualy from africa,so why the african/american thing no duel citizen ship. either be an american and love it or get to hell out.

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#6 Aug 6, 2011
president too? free rent then!
lol

“We're all Bozos on this bus”

Since: Jan 07

South Bend, IN

#7 Aug 6, 2011
I guess the rent isn't high enough.
Jimmy McMillan

United States

#8 Aug 6, 2011
"Jimmy McMillan tells the New York Post he pays $872 for the rent".

WHERE else in NY can anyone get an apt for this little?

The landlord has a right to profit from her investment. If McMillan wants to say that his office is his primary residence then he should move there and quit whining. Besides, he will have to reveal a lot more information than that if he expects to run for public office.

P.S. What is with that mask of hair all over his face and sticking out of the sides of his chin? It makes him look like a billy goat, NOT a presidential candidate.

South Bend, IN

#9 Aug 6, 2011
Jimmy McMillan wrote:
P.S. What is with that mask of hair all over his face and sticking out of the sides of his chin? It makes him look like a billy goat, NOT a presidential candidate.
That's what they said about Lincoln, Rutherford B Hayes, and Barack Obama.

No, wait, they said Obama's lack of experience made him not look like a presidential candidate.
Landlord

East Saint Louis, IL

#10 Aug 6, 2011
The rent is not "too high". His income is just "too low"!

“Master Baker”

Level 5

Since: Jul 08

Hidden-like GINSENG.

#11 Aug 6, 2011
He was overheard saying,,, "If I get elected, I will help the HUD program and the homeless."

Since: Aug 09

Silver Spring, MD

#12 Aug 6, 2011
SIR LANCELOT wrote:
He is entertaining. I heard him on XM radio a couple of years on the Sean Hannity Show.
Buffoons are often entertaining.

The idea that he would get on Hannity says a lot about the audience for that jingoistic pablum.

Level 6

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

#13 Aug 6, 2011
Bubbletoes wrote:
Makes perfect sense for this guy to be involved...saw him on 'World's Dumbest' TV.
If you want to keep playing the game, you have to KNOW the rules AND abide by them.
I don't understand what makes some ppl so arrogant and 'entitled'. Could it be they think they are owed reparations b/c their ancestors were slaves?
I can give you a hint, if you want one.

Lyndon Baines Johnson

“Get It While You Can:JJ”

Level 2

Since: Aug 10

L.A. Ca.

#14 Aug 7, 2011
I find him entertaining,it's fun to listen even if there some flaws in his statements.I would vote for him to most public office positions.He would not be worse than anyone anywhere we have now.Plus I like his weird beard and hair cut.

Level 8

Since: Jul 07

Duncan, Canada

#15 Aug 7, 2011
Maybe he should offer to be the building's janitor,then perhaps the landlord can offer him a lower rent.
Curtis Lowe

United States

#16 Aug 7, 2011
What do you call nuts on the wall? Wallnuts.
What do you call nuts on your chest? Chestnuts.
What do you call nuts on your chin?

South Bend, IN

#17 Aug 7, 2011
Curtis Lowe wrote:
What do you call nuts on the wall? Wallnuts.
What do you call nuts on your chest? Chestnuts.
What do you call nuts on your chin?
Undesirable?

South Bend, IN

#18 Aug 7, 2011
Line from Family Guy: 'Hey that's the guy whose chin looks like nuts.'

flbadcatowner

“I call it as I see it.”

Level 8

Since: Jul 09

Retirement City

#19 Aug 7, 2011
How ironic!
The Monkey

Hampton, VA

#20 Aug 7, 2011
Guy's a cuckoo.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
WHo ARe YOu THinking ABout RIght NOw (Jul '13) 6 min Manuel 1,144
True False Game (Jun '11) 11 min andet1987 16,655
any word you want to say (Dec '09) 16 min andet1987 8,821
Make A Sentance out of a 5 letter word. (Nov '09) 17 min Hoosier Hillbilly 39,587
First Word That Comes To Mind ....... (Apr '10) 18 min andet1987 14,037
Name the first word that's on you're mind. (Mar '13) 19 min andet1987 1,509
"3 words beginning with similar Letters!" (Dec '12) 21 min andet1987 586
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 2 hr Doobie Time 230,164