Anonymous

Sharon Springs, NY

#4280 Jan 1, 2014
Now it's 13 and snowing...we have a winter storm warning!
Local Weather Alert
Winter Storm Warning for Schoharie, NY
From 10:00 PM EST, Wed., Jan 01, 2014 until 10:00 AM EST, Fri., Jan 03, 2014
Other affected areas:
Northern Berkshire, MA; Southern Berkshire, MA; Southern Herkimer, NY; Southern Fulton, NY; Montgomery, NY; Northern Saratoga, NY; Northern Washington, NY; Schoharie, NY; Western Schenectady, NY; Eastern Schenectady, NY; Southern Saratoga, NY; Western Albany, NY; Eastern Albany, NY; Western Rensselaer, NY; Eastern Rensselaer, NY; Western Greene, NY; Eastern Greene, NY; Western Columbia, NY; Eastern Columbia, NY; Western Ulster, NY; Northern Fulton, NY; Southeast Warren, NY; Southern Washington, NY; Bennington, VT; Western Windham, VT; Eastern Windham, VT
Issued by The National Weather Service
Albany, NY
Wed, Jan 1, 2014, 4:55 PM EST
... WINTER STORM WARNING IN EFFECT FROM 10 PM THIS EVENING TO 10 AM EST FRIDAY...
THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN ALBANY HAS ISSUED A WINTER STORM WARNING FOR HEAVY SNOW AND WIND CHILL... WHICH IS IN EFFECT FROM 10 PM THIS EVENING TO 10 AM EST FRIDAY. THE WINTER STORM WATCH IS NO LONGER IN EFFECT.
* LOCATIONS... MOHAWK AND SCHOHARIE VALLEYS... EASTERN CATSKILLS... GREATER CAPITAL REGION... MID HUDSON VALLEY... NORTHERN AND CENTRAL TACONICS... SOUTHERN VERMONT AND THE BERKSHIRES.
* HAZARD TYPES... HEAVY SNOW AND VERY COLD WIND CHILL TEMPERATURES.
* ACCUMULATIONS... SNOW ACCUMULATION OF 6 TO 12 INCHES... LOCALLY HEAVIER AMOUNTS POSSIBLE ACROSS THE HIGHER TERRAIN.
* MAXIMUM SNOWFALL RATES... AROUND ONE INCH PER HOUR.
* TIMING... LIGHT SNOW WILL SPREAD FROM WEST TO EAST ACROSS THE REGION TONIGHT AND CONTINUE DURING THE DAY THURSDAY. SNOW WILL BECOME HEAVIER THURSDAY NIGHT... THEN TAPER OFF SHORTLY AFTER SUNRISE FRIDAY.
* WINDS... NORTHEAST 5 TO 15 MPH WITH GUSTS UP TO 25 MPH.
* VISIBILITIES... WILL DROP TO HALF A MILE OR LESS AT TIMES... ESPECIALLY THURSDAY NIGHT.
* WIND CHILL TEMPERATURES... WILL DROP TO BETWEEN 15 BELOW AND 25 BELOW ZERO THURSDAY NIGHT AND FRIDAY MORNING.
* IMPACTS... SNOW COVERED ROADS AND LOW VISIBILITY WILL MAKE FOR DANGEROUS TRAVEL ACROSS THE REGION. WIND CHILL TEMPERATURES BETWEEN 15 BELOW AND 25 BELOW ZERO WILL PRODUCE EXTREMELY COLD CONDITIONS.
PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...
A WINTER STORM WARNING FOR HEAVY SNOW MEANS SEVERE WINTER WEATHER CONDITIONS ARE EXPECTED OR OCCURRING. SIGNIFICANT AMOUNTS OF SNOW ARE FORECAST THAT WILL MAKE TRAVEL DANGEROUS. ONLY TRAVEL IN AN EMERGENCY. IF YOU MUST TRAVEL... KEEP AN EXTRA FLASHLIGHT... FOOD... AND WATER IN YOUR VEHICLE IN CASE OF AN EMERGENCY.
VERY COLD AIR AND STRONG WINDS WILL COMBINE TO GENERATE LOW WIND CHILLS. THIS WILL RESULT IN FROST BITE AND LEAD TO HYPOTHERMIA IF PRECAUTIONS ARE NOT TAKEN. IF YOU MUST VENTURE OUTDOORS... MAKE SURE YOU WEAR A HAT AND GLOVES.

Level 5

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#4283 Jan 1, 2014
It's very cold and I'm perky!

“MerryChristmas & HappyNewYear”

Level 9

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#4284 Jan 1, 2014
It's 45 now with rain turning to snow in the forecast for later tonight.

“Hi!”

Level 2

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#4285 Jan 1, 2014
Anonymous wrote:
Now it's 13 and snowing...we have a winter storm warning!
Local Weather Alert
Winter Storm Warning for Schoharie, NY
From 10:00 PM EST, Wed., Jan 01, 2014 until 10:00 AM EST, Fri., Jan 03, 2014
Other affected areas:
Northern Berkshire, MA; Southern Berkshire, MA; Southern Herkimer, NY; Southern Fulton, NY; Montgomery, NY; Northern Saratoga, NY; Northern Washington, NY; Schoharie, NY; Western Schenectady, NY; Eastern Schenectady, NY; Southern Saratoga, NY; Western Albany, NY; Eastern Albany, NY; Western Rensselaer, NY; Eastern Rensselaer, NY; Western Greene, NY; Eastern Greene, NY; Western Columbia, NY; Eastern Columbia, NY; Western Ulster, NY; Northern Fulton, NY; Southeast Warren, NY; Southern Washington, NY; Bennington, VT; Western Windham, VT; Eastern Windham, VT
Albany, NY
Wed, Jan 1, 2014, 4:55 PM EST
... WINTER STORM WARNING IN EFFECT FROM 10 PM THIS EVENING TO 10 AM EST FRIDAY...
THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN ALBANY HAS ISSUED A WINTER STORM WARNING FOR HEAVY SNOW AND WIND CHILL... WHICH IS IN EFFECT FROM 10 PM THIS EVENING TO 10 AM EST FRIDAY. THE WINTER STORM WATCH IS NO LONGER IN EFFECT.
* LOCATIONS... MOHAWK AND SCHOHARIE VALLEYS... EASTERN CATSKILLS... GREATER CAPITAL REGION... MID HUDSON VALLEY... NORTHERN AND CENTRAL TACONICS... SOUTHERN VERMONT AND THE BERKSHIRES.
* HAZARD TYPES... HEAVY SNOW AND VERY COLD WIND CHILL TEMPERATURES.
* ACCUMULATIONS... SNOW ACCUMULATION OF 6 TO 12 INCHES... LOCALLY HEAVIER AMOUNTS POSSIBLE ACROSS THE HIGHER TERRAIN.
* MAXIMUM SNOWFALL RATES... AROUND ONE INCH PER HOUR.
* TIMING... LIGHT SNOW WILL SPREAD FROM WEST TO EAST ACROSS THE REGION TONIGHT AND CONTINUE DURING THE DAY THURSDAY. SNOW WILL BECOME HEAVIER THURSDAY NIGHT... THEN TAPER OFF SHORTLY AFTER SUNRISE FRIDAY.
* WINDS... NORTHEAST 5 TO 15 MPH WITH GUSTS UP TO 25 MPH.
* VISIBILITIES... WILL DROP TO HALF A MILE OR LESS AT TIMES... ESPECIALLY THURSDAY NIGHT.
* WIND CHILL TEMPERATURES... WILL DROP TO BETWEEN 15 BELOW AND 25 BELOW ZERO THURSDAY NIGHT AND FRIDAY MORNING.
* IMPACTS... SNOW COVERED ROADS AND LOW VISIBILITY WILL MAKE FOR DANGEROUS TRAVEL ACROSS THE REGION. WIND CHILL TEMPERATURES BETWEEN 15 BELOW AND 25 BELOW ZERO WILL PRODUCE EXTREMELY COLD CONDITIONS.
A WINTER STORM WARNING FOR HEAVY SNOW MEANS SEVERE WINTER WEATHER CONDITIONS ARE EXPECTED OR OCCURRING. SIGNIFICANT AMOUNTS OF SNOW ARE FORECAST THAT WILL MAKE TRAVEL DANGEROUS. ONLY TRAVEL IN AN EMERGENCY. IF YOU MUST TRAVEL... KEEP AN EXTRA FLASHLIGHT... FOOD... AND WATER IN YOUR VEHICLE IN CASE OF AN EMERGENCY.
VERY COLD AIR AND STRONG WINDS WILL COMBINE TO GENERATE LOW WIND CHILLS. THIS WILL RESULT IN FROST BITE AND LEAD TO HYPOTHERMIA IF PRECAUTIONS ARE NOT TAKEN. IF YOU MUST VENTURE OUTDOORS... MAKE SURE YOU WEAR A HAT AND GLOVES.
I'm sorry to do this, but it was sunny in the 60's and Georgeous :)

Level 9

Since: Feb 12

Danielson, CT

#4286 Jan 1, 2014
Brandiiiiiiii wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sorry to do this, but it was sunny in the 60's and Georgeous :)
...well whoopdedoo...

“Hi!”

Level 2

Location hidden

#4287 Jan 1, 2014
I Am Enzo - The Baker wrote:
<quoted text>...well whoopdedoo...
Jealous ain't 'ya? ;)
phaines

Kalispell, MT

#4288 Jan 1, 2014
cold....lol

Level 9

Danielson, CT

#4289 Jan 1, 2014
Brandiiiiiiii wrote:
<quoted text>
Jealous ain't 'ya? ;)
Yes...the only toy in the garage I'll be playing with is my snowblower and I'm not happy. I wish kids still went out and shoveled driveways to make a few bucks like I did on snow days...

“Hi!”

Level 2

Location hidden

#4290 Jan 1, 2014
I Am Enzo - The Baker wrote:
<quoted text>Yes...the only toy in the garage I'll be playing with is my snowblower and I'm not happy. I wish kids still went out and shoveled driveways to make a few bucks like I did on snow days...
MUAH :)
Anonymous

Sharon Springs, NY

#4291 Jan 1, 2014
12 and snowing :(

“*Merry Christmas*”

Level 8

Since: Nov 12

Greensburg, IN

#4292 Jan 2, 2014
Anonymous

Sharon Springs, NY

#4293 Jan 2, 2014
5 and snowing lightly, but accumulating.

“Hi!”

Level 2

Location hidden

#4294 Jan 2, 2014
Sunny and breezy in the 40's.

Level 9

Danielson, CT

#4295 Jan 2, 2014
25F and cloudy...waiting for round 2 later today...

Level 5

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#4297 Jan 2, 2014
Well, it's raining and cold! And I feel alone and cold!
Anonymous

Sharon Springs, NY

#4298 Jan 2, 2014
3 and we're in the middle of a snow storm, warnings until 10 AM tommorow.

Albany, NY
4:32 pm EST, Thu., Jan. 2, 2014

... WINTER STORM WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 10 AM EST FRIDAY...

* LOCATIONS... MOHAWK AND SCHOHARIE VALLEYS... EASTERN CATSKILLS... GREATER CAPITAL REGION... TACONICS... MID HUDSON VALLEY... SOUTHERN VERMONT... THE BERKSHIRES... AND NORTHWESTERN CONNECTICUT.

* HAZARD TYPES... HEAVY SNOW... BLOWING SNOW... AND VERY COLD WIND CHILL TEMPERATURES.

* ACCUMULATIONS... TOTAL SNOW ACCUMULATION OF 6 TO 12 INCHES... WITH LOCALLY UP TO 15 INCHES ACROSS THE EASTERN CATSKILLS... SOUTHERN GREEN MOUNTAINS... AND NORTHERN BERKSHIRES.

* MAXIMUM SNOWFALL RATES... ONE TO TWO INCHES PER HOUR WITHIN THE MOST INTENSE BANDS.

* TIMING... SNOW WILL BECOME STEADIER AND HEAVIER ACROSS THE ENTIRE REGION THIS EVENING... THEN TAPER OFF SHORTLY AFTER SUNRISE TOMORROW. AREAS OF BLOWING SNOW WILL OCCUR LATE TONIGHT INTO TOMORROW MORNING.

* TEMPERATURES... DROPPING BETWEEN 10 BELOW ZERO TO 10 ABOVE ZERO LATE TONIGHT.

* WINDS... NORTH 10 TO 15 MPH WITH GUSTS UP TO 25 MPH.

* WIND CHILL TEMPERATURES... WILL DROP TO BETWEEN 10 BELOW ZERO AND 25 BELOW ZERO TONIGHT INTO TOMORROW MORNING. THE LOWEST VALUES WILL BE ACROSS THE HIGHER ELEVATIONS.

* IMPACTS... SNOW COVERED ROADS AND LOW VISIBILITY DUE TO SNOW AND BLOWING SNOW WILL MAKE FOR DANGEROUS TRAVEL ACROSS THE REGION. WIND CHILL TEMPERATURES BETWEEN 10 BELOW AND 25 BELOW ZERO WILL PRODUCE EXTREMELY COLD CONDITIONS... BRINGING A RISK OF HYPOTHERMIA AND FROSTBITE.

Level 9

Bronx, NY

#4299 Jan 2, 2014
16F and snowin like a bastard...
60s chic

Bethlehem, PA

#4300 Jan 2, 2014
It's snowing! So pretty and pristine, but the snow is too powdery and light to make a snowman.

“All things considered”

Location hidden

#4301 Jan 2, 2014
Snowy and cold...
phaines

Kalispell, MT

#4302 Jan 2, 2014

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Change "1" letter =ONLY= (Oct '12) 8 min andet1987 4,237
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 11 min wichita-rick 152,458
Change 1 letter game! (Nov '11) 14 min andet1987 2,945
keep a word drop a word (Sep '12) 17 min Whiny1 6,949
CHANGE One letter CHANCE (Sep '08) 17 min andet1987 29,993
Change-one-of-six-letters (Dec '12) 20 min andet1987 3,979
JUST SAY SOMETHING. Whatever comes to mind!! (Aug '09) 24 min andet1987 28,625
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 58 min lol 25,662
Let's Play Song Titles With One Word? 1 hr CJ Rocker 222
HOW LONG can you hold YOUR SEMEN ? For men only. (Mar '12) 3 hr -Lea- 47