How's your weather today?

Level 4

Since: Dec 09

Buffalo

#3357 Jun 26, 2013
High 82F low 67F. It's getting better. Just need to get that low as the high and it will be great!

“Smokin' Hot'n'Feelin' Groovy”

Level 9

Since: Apr 12

Here, There, and Everywhere,..

#3358 Jun 26, 2013
Triple Digits,...101 Degrees,...

“My Bad! Just hold me. ”

Level 9

Since: Aug 07

Orion's Belt

#3359 Jun 26, 2013
Going to be up for the duration. Anther line of storms are heading this way. Need to be ready to go in the basement again.~sighs~

Wish the trees would stop snapping and coming down.

“My Bad! Just hold me. ”

Level 9

Orion's Belt

#3361 Jun 26, 2013
Dawn-Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
Not much going on here at work, so decided to come on topix for awhile. Seeing as how I will be busy with hubby all week while he is home. We don't waste any spare time we got together, if he goes to bed early so do I. lol!
You must be in the same line of fire as us. We had not to bad a day here, sun, with a mix of cloud, but about an hour ago we had one helluva thunderstorm, wind really whipped up, skies were black. Hoping it is nice tomorrow, time to get the harley out and ride sally ride.. ha ha! Can't keep me off of that. I even will ride for hours at a time.
The only time we would ever trailer is in the winter to a warmer destination. But may not have to if we retire to a warmer province next year.(keeping fingers crossed).
For now our winter destination is the caribbean.
I hope you are okay, and no trees hit you or your house, doing damage of any kind.
The floods south of us here have done considerable damage, to life and property. Some businesses were gouging people, by raising prices, so now they are looking at some pretty hefty fines, they should be jailed as well.
What the storms today hunt folk?

Man, we are looking at some kind of storm. 50 to 60 mile per hours winds. Which means I will be in basement.
I am in a tree house. Is a house going down a steep hill. Since we've had so much rain this year, the trees have grown out of control. I have limbs hanging half way over my deck.

We are having pop up storms now. The real show will be here in a few hours. The dogs are on end now. So should get exciting. I need to get my basket and load it up with stuff will need if lights go off.

~laughs~ I know..'basket'. Will grab up the puppy, call him Toto and jet when storm gets here.

“My Bad! Just hold me. ”

Level 9

Orion's Belt

#3363 Jun 26, 2013
Dawn-Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't forget to click your heels together as well. LOL! Take care. Keep the candles handy, blankets and those little cupcakes...ha ha ha!
~soft laugh~ No doubt.

Have what I need. Basket ready. Never thought of a blanket. Is real warm still.
D'amn...I wish I could have a cupcake. But gave up food stuffs with flour. Although am known to cheat once in awhile.

Thanks.

“My Bad! Just hold me. ”

Level 9

Orion's Belt

#3365 Jun 26, 2013
Dawn-Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
Well in this case a little indulgence won't hurt.
Well one more hour and I can go home, heaven is waiting...lol!
Am sitting here hoping the ridges I live in die this storm down some on it's way. Also am updating my Thrive so I have it on hand if the lights go out. My cable modem lasts 3 hours after light are gone.

Wish I had a cupcake about now, but would inhale it due to nerves. That would be no fun.

Just got an update, will be up till four this morning waiting this thing out. No way am I going to bed surrounded by tall trees.

~laughs~ You have heaven waiting and I have hell coming.

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#3366 Jun 27, 2013
DC tells it like it is wrote:
<quoted text>
Am sitting here hoping the ridges I live in die this storm down some on it's way. Also am updating my Thrive so I have it on hand if the lights go out. My cable modem lasts 3 hours after light are gone.
Wish I had a cupcake about now, but would inhale it due to nerves. That would be no fun.
Just got an update, will be up till four this morning waiting this thing out. No way am I going to bed surrounded by tall trees.
~laughs~ You have heaven waiting and I have hell coming.
Tall trees surrounding the house is one reason we moved to where we live today. We both LOVED the other place but the wife freaked when we had violent storms or high winds.

“My Bad! Just hold me. ”

Level 9

Orion's Belt

#3367 Jun 27, 2013
Hoof Arted wrote:
<quoted text>
Tall trees surrounding the house is one reason we moved to where we live today. We both LOVED the other place but the wife freaked when we had violent storms or high winds.
First off, that was not a windy storm. I have sneezed harder than the wind blew. But just in case, I stayed in the basement for a half hour.

Aye, I love this house, I love my trees..what remains of them.

Lived here since 87. Had one storm a long time ago. Then in the last 3 years, one year after another we've been hit by winds I have not seen in this area. One storm took trees down as far as I could see.
I felt real bad for the house around the corner. Had pines broken and twisted all around it. One house had a tree come down and cut the house in half.

Now, I hear 60 MPH winds and I freak out. Left west Texas because of tornadoes. Odd that. Thought I was safe here. We hardly even have wind, which I dislike, but safe. Not any more.

I'm just at a loss.
This year is wicked rain wise. I've trees just snapping all around me.
Am rethinking all this. Your wife is a smart woman.

Thing is. no matter where we move, we are still on this planet. Planets are so moody.

“frequently laughing”

Level 8

Since: Apr 09

Hotel California

#3368 Jun 27, 2013
Hope things are better for you today DC.

“frequently laughing”

Level 8

Hotel California

#3369 Jun 27, 2013
We have a weather alert " HIGH TEMPERATURES OVER 100 DEGREES FROM FRIDAY INTO WEDNESDAY. HOTTEST DAYS MONDAY AND TUESDAY WITH HIGHS FROM 105 TO 112."

Sigh....

Level 4

Buffalo

#3370 Jun 27, 2013
Always Wary wrote:
We have a weather alert " HIGH TEMPERATURES OVER 100 DEGREES FROM FRIDAY INTO WEDNESDAY. HOTTEST DAYS MONDAY AND TUESDAY WITH HIGHS FROM 105 TO 112."
Sigh....
112? That's nuts. I have only felt 100F one time in my life. I think I would melt with 112.

“frequently laughing”

Level 8

Hotel California

#3371 Jun 27, 2013
Buffalo boy wrote:
<quoted text>
112? That's nuts. I have only felt 100F one time in my life. I think I would melt with 112.
:) It'll take a mop to get me off the floor. I dislike this time of year.

Level 6

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#3372 Jun 27, 2013
Sunny and cloudy suppose to rain today.

Level 9

Since: Mar 10

Memphis

#3373 Jun 27, 2013
Heat index still under 110 ~ keeping G'kids inside ~ fun day of Popsicles , crafts, reading & a movie !

Level 4

Buffalo

#3374 Jun 27, 2013
Thunder and lightning right now. Fun to listen to :)

Level 8

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#3375 Jun 27, 2013
rain, rain and more rain........ dull and dark all day.... had to drive with my side lights on.....

“My Bad! Just hold me. ”

Level 9

Orion's Belt

#3376 Jun 27, 2013
I realize this has hit the thread. But sitting here in the darkness, I can not help but put it up again.

darkness darkness, the youngbloods

Under storm warning again as well.
~sighs~

Level 9

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#3377 Jun 27, 2013
HOT..Unbearable..Wish had something to cool me off.

“Dorks traveling profile!”

Level 3

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#3378 Jun 27, 2013
It will be 124 at my house on Saturday. I wish we could stay here for a few more days, it's in the 80's!

“I care more about my character”

Level 7

Since: Jun 11

...... then my reputation

#3379 Jun 27, 2013
Thunder storms right now ... burrr

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
" Tell me a secret"...... (Oct '14) 9 min honeymylove 640
Conundrum........a confusing and difficult prob... 11 min KNIGHT DeVINE 67
News Kanye West Stuns With Lengthy, Bizarre VMAs Spe... 15 min Huh 15
tell me one word to describe yourself (Jun '09) 22 min wichita-rick 15,606
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 23 min wichita-rick 169,537
conversation using song lyrics (Aug '13) 25 min wichita-rick 1,792
Dedicate a song (Jul '08) 26 min Sublime1 16,103
Word Association 2 (Sep '13) 31 min KNIGHT DeVINE 13,368
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 42 min LOST IN MISSISSIPPI 43,861
JUST SAY SOMETHING. Whatever comes to mind!! (Aug '09) 42 min grace-fallen 29,746
2015: "Make a Story/ 6 Words Only: 46 min Brother Larry 2,517
More from around the web