Marriage *=* Civil Union

“Happiness comes through giving”

Level 7

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#152 Mar 13, 2014
Beautiful Jenkins wrote:
<quoted text>That's why Beautiful people get divorced. They realize they should not deny others a beautiful experience.
With great Beauty comes great responsibilities.
And sometimes, as you so ably demonstrate, great shallowness.

“1 lippy btch”

Since: Mar 14

Location hidden

#153 Mar 13, 2014
That is exactly why I got divorced because I let someone else experience my beauty. I guess his parents did not teach him to share.

“1 lippy btch”

Location hidden

#156 Mar 13, 2014
Something to look forward to!
Something to wish they were!
LOL

Dayton, OH

#158 Mar 13, 2014
Beautiful Jenkins wrote:
<quoted text>Exactly! Ugly people rightfully want us and to be us.
It is real tragedy how some people want us all to themselves.
Unattractive people realize how we bring their lives meaning and elevate them just by being seen with them. Wanting us all to themselves is the ultimate destruction of other peoples abilities to further themselves.
Just because we can have anybody we want and are desired by all, they want to keep us all to themselves.
Dude...

“1 lippy btch”

Location hidden

#159 Mar 13, 2014
You're so right beautiful Jenkins

Ugly people should just be glad to be blessed with our presence. Glad we brightened up their day by being around. Not try to dim our shine and be stingy with it and try to hid it away for themselves.

“Right click Left click Yay!”

Level 7

Since: Dec 10

Nehwon

#160 Mar 13, 2014
Hoosier Hillbilly wrote:
Again I say, matrimony is the union of a man with a woman -
Civil Union is the 'union' of 2 of the same sex
*=* There is a difference *=*
Hillary said; "At this point what difference does it make?"
To me a GREAT DEAL!
But if ( both ) are legal, what's the gripe calling them 2 different things?
Doesn't that make everyone happy?
Perhaps we can meet halfway.

Your religious ceremony in the church holds zero weight and is not recognized by the government.

The government recognition of two people entering into a contract of marriage or "civil union" with all legal benefits and dispute resolution is not a religious ceremony and a matter for a court judge.

This means when you are married by your pastor/priest/rabbi/imam, you fulfill your religious rituals.

But until you sign the government legal contract, you may not enjoy any of the privileges granted. Things like survivor benefits or visiting your spouse in the hospital or giving permission for medical procedures when your spouse cannot do so, and so on for 1000 things.

Perhaps it is time to enforce the separation of church and state. Maybe the religious authority figure should not act as as agent of the state to witness the legal contract of marriage.

However, that divorce might result in a slight tax increase as we'll need a slight increase in the courts to handle the increased "civil union" load.

“"*" Always Thinking "*"”

Level 8

Since: Nov 12

Greensburg, IN

#163 Mar 14, 2014
greymouser said; "Your religious ceremony in the church holds zero weight and is not recognized by the government."

Seems to me there are many things not recognized by the government concerning it's citizens. LOL
BUT!!! as to the 'zero weight' I disagree. During the ceremony I made a pack (promise) not only to my wife but my God. That, to me, was more valuable than any 'rights' the government gives me! Besides their in the
habit of taking them away not granting them. LOL
I keep my promises and God keeps His, you can't beat that synopsys.
Praise the Lord!

“If it ain't broke don't fix it”

Level 9

Since: Jul 09

Arcadia, LA.

#164 Mar 14, 2014
Beautiful Jenkins wrote:
<quoted text>My, how incredibly ugly and unattractive you must be to believe such a ridiculous thing such as that.
I hope you're able to find an ugly gay man to marry you.
ROFLMFAO!!!!!
Wild Wood Flower

Castroville, TX

#166 Mar 14, 2014
well I am not gay but I would like some impact... lol jk

Level 7

Location hidden

#167 Mar 14, 2014
Hoosier Hillbilly wrote:
greymouser said; "Your religious ceremony in the church holds zero weight and is not recognized by the government."
Seems to me there are many things not recognized by the government concerning it's citizens. LOL
BUT!!! as to the 'zero weight' I disagree. During the ceremony I made a pack (promise) not only to my wife but my God. That, to me, was more valuable than any 'rights' the government gives me! Besides their in the
habit of taking them away not granting them. LOL
I keep my promises and God keeps His, you can't beat that synopsys.
Praise the Lord!
Do you pop out of a clock once every hour?
It is of course your prerogative to believe in a god if that makes you feel better, and you feel it makes you a better person. However, I'm fairly sure your god did not tell you to judge others as you have been doing. Don't assume your prejudices come from God. Your prejudices are your own.

By the way, the word is "pact", not "pack". And not only is "synopsis" misspelled, it is misused. We must all keep learning.

“Will cause trouble when bored”

Level 6

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#170 Mar 14, 2014
Lol @wolf. Does hh pop out of a clock every hr. Lol lol

Hh sorry but that tickled me. Tehehe
Pale Wild Wood Flower

Castroville, TX

#171 Mar 14, 2014
beautiful sister sacred heart.... just beautiful
Pale Wild Wood Flower

Castroville, TX

#172 Mar 14, 2014
I miss u Sammy wammy fei fie fo fammi oh Sammy

Level 7

Location hidden

#173 Mar 14, 2014
Beautiful Jenkins wrote:
<quoted text>As long as two ugly people want to get married so be it. Gay or straight.
Hear hear! I just know you'll be happy!

“Will cause trouble when bored”

Level 6

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#175 Mar 14, 2014
You're so crazy wazy fe fi fo fazy oh so CRAZY!!!
perhaps

Jackson, MO

#177 Mar 14, 2014
.. you should go back to trolling the IT forum where you've found your niche cause you don't really fit anywhere else as Topix would rather keep your kind away from the general public. Not weird enough for this forum. j/s

“ouch!”

Australia

#178 Mar 14, 2014
Gnu Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
How does gay marriage impact you?
I would be worried that one night my "wife" might suggest that "she" get on top :-(

“ouch!”

Australia

#179 Mar 14, 2014
Gnu Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
You know, I realize that this is the unanswerable question for every gay marriage opponent, yet I had hope that you would at least make an effort to explain how gay marriage can impact your life.
How about it? You feel like giving it a try? I'm.sure you have very seriously valid reasons for fearing the union between two of the same sex.
I look forward to reading it.
Have A Nice Day :)
Can you imagine, when the inevitable marriage bickering starts, when your "wife", who may be better hung than yourself, starts the typical taunting of your manhood?:-(

Level 7

Location hidden

#180 Mar 14, 2014
Beautiful Jenkins wrote:
<quoted text> I am happy and would never do something as foolish and selfish as marriage. Good looking people should never get married and have no use for it. As I said before, it is an institution for ugly people to have the promise of a sexual partner. Ugly people either marry other ugly people ( as it should go if they choose marriage) because they can't get an attractive person. Or they may find a beautiful person who realizes they should pity the unattractive and let them experience beauty. Sometimes though the unattractive person doesn't want to be without the attractive person and is scared of never having that again. they will us manipulation to break the confidence that comes with beauty and convince them to marry. It is incredibly selfish of them. Most desirable people however learn the error of their ways and ask for divorce.
You've already played this tune. I hope for your sake you're putting us on. If so, I've been had and I congratulate you. If you're serious, I pity your empty soul.

“ouch!”

Australia

#181 Mar 14, 2014
I'm going to play devil's advocate now, and try and think of the good points of being in a same sex relationship.

I've got one... when you're making love and you reach around, I would imagine that it would feel like you've gone right through "her".:-)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll What are you thinking right now? (May '08) 2 min Biff 6,953
Denny Crain's Place (May '10) 2 min Denny CranesPlace 34,600
Keep a Word.....Drop a Word Game (Sep '13) 7 min -Papa-Smurf- 13,984
JUST SAY SOMETHING. Whatever comes to mind!! (Aug '09) 8 min Naturally Wired 34,692
Add a Word remove a Word (Oct '13) 11 min -Papa-Smurf- 6,030
keep a word drop a word (Sep '12) 12 min -Papa-Smurf- 16,502
News Massachusetts police arrest man for stealing ma... 12 min Naturally Wired 2
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 16 min Naturally Wired 227,136
More from around the web