called solemn word , seems to me you give then you owe

“Happiness comes through giving”

Level 7

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#39 Mar 10, 2014
Hoosier Hillbilly wrote:
Mr. Wolfe I meant every word of that.
You and your queer affiliates can kiss my AZZ!
If that's not the way you want it.
It'll never be a marriage!
But who am I to abolish your strange attachments to the same sex?
I don't want anything to do with any of you.
Regardless of how perfect you think you are.
You've pushed your minority values to the limit and it's time someone spoke out.
In a way I'm flattered that you think I'm gay because I defend gay rights. It's indicative of the narrow-minded way you think.

Personally I don't care what these unions are called, and I don't give a rat's ass whether they are are performed in church or in Bette Midler's living room.
You phonies are always defending the Constitution when it suits you. Well,the Constitution says nothing to bar same-sex marriage. I'll go with that over your bigoted bullshit.

“....VETS”

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

WELCOME HOME

#40 Mar 10, 2014
Petal Power wrote:
Loooove Makes the WORLD Voodoo Round!!
Looooove The ONE You're With!!
If Ya DON'T Use It, Ya WILL Lose IT!!
When 2 folks decide to TIE the Knot..Legally or just Common Law...LOVE was The Determining FACTOR!!
WHY would ANYONE say " I Do" to a LOVELESS Marriage??
WEIRD!!
;)
individuals may marry for several reasons, including: legal, social, libidinal, emotional, financial, spiritual, and religious

“Got'em figured out?”

Since: Nov 09

Think again

#41 Mar 10, 2014
Hoosier Hillbilly wrote:
I think what I hear you saying is, if we controlled marriage we could control the number of kids they have and which couples get to have kids, therefore
decreasing the population leaving more for the rest of us and limiting the
number of delinquents in society.
Is that correct tallyho? LMAO
Catholics would never go for that!
And blacks would never understand it,
so 'we' castrate all of them.
That alone would lower Welfare 60%.
Mexicans must show proof of citizenship
or they're all deported when a kid is born.
not a naturalized citizen
And don't let any Muslims in in the 1st place.
*=* It's happy hour!*=*
I'll bet you're real fun at parties !

“Got'em figured out?”

Think again

#42 Mar 10, 2014
tallyho wrote:
<quoted text>
not saying that at all , saying that many motives for marriages . religious and civil
"religious and civil

Those words are key clues to my previous post. Good call !

“WHERE BORN AN A-HOLE OR DID ”

Since: Mar 14

YOU WORK AT IT YOUR WHOLE LIFE

#43 Mar 10, 2014
NOT wrote:
<quoted text>
Guess again Tallyho ... that was me too. You see, my first amendment rights have been stripped from me and so I must use a proxy to speak out against the GUESSERs like you and the other idjuits doing the same thing.
Wouldn't you agree ... there are numerous posters out of the UNITED STATES.
If your 1st amendment rights had been stripped from you, you would not be talking or typing right know. You insult the Constitution with such statements.

“"*" Always Thinking "*"”

Level 8

Since: Nov 12

Greensburg, IN

#44 Mar 10, 2014
same-sex marriage is not a consideration only a fabrication of what they'd like it to be, it's a "civil union"!
How familiar are you with the Constitution?
http://www.christianpost.com/news/qa-one-man-...
Since there's nothing about it in the constitution it's up to the states, so be it
See what your state says before you say i'm full of bigoted bullshit.
Sorry I called you a Queer!

“"*" Always Thinking "*"”

Level 8

Since: Nov 12

Greensburg, IN

#45 Mar 10, 2014
Deer Whisperer wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll bet you're real fun at parties !
Are 'we' being sarcastic DW?!
Religion and politics are something I never discuss at parties.
but I beat the hell out of the 'fringes'!
Then I listen to everyone else discuss what I won't.

Level 7

Location hidden

#47 Mar 10, 2014
Hoosier Hillbilly wrote:
same-sex marriage is not a consideration only a fabrication of what they'd like it to be, it's a "civil union"!
Since there's nothing about it in the constitution it's up to the states, so be it
States are slowly coming to their senses regarding same-sex marriage. Further, in my view, when states deny same-sex marriage, they are in defiance of the equal rights language stipulated in the federal Constitution.
Hate, ignorance, and intolerance are the only justifications for denying the rights and privileges of marriage to gay people. The old adage, "Live and let live" is one old piece of wisdom worth living by.

#48 Mar 10, 2014
Hoosier Hillbilly wrote:
<quoted text>
They shouldn't be. Same should go for work. Nothing insults me more than when a coworker and acquaintance asks me how I voted or which candidate I'm supporting. Politics should only be discussed in places that specifically cater to people who want to talk about them. As it used to be.

“....VETS”

Level 9

WELCOME HOME

#49 Mar 10, 2014
Hoosier Hillbilly wrote:
http://www.christianpost.com/news/qa-one-man -..

how about yourself , marriage isn't a Federal Rite

“....VETS”

Level 9

WELCOME HOME

#50 Mar 10, 2014
you also offer a Christian site as proof

like asking Ford to write about GM what you expect to get

“....VETS”

Level 9

WELCOME HOME

#51 Mar 10, 2014
FINALLY: "Separation of church and state" (sometimes "wall of separation between church and state") is a phrase used by Thomas Jefferson and others expressing an understanding of the intent and function of the Establishment Clause and Free Exercise Clause of the First Amendment to the Constitution of the United States.

#52 Mar 10, 2014
Lawrence Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>States are slowly coming to their senses regarding same-sex marriage. Further, in my view, when states deny same-sex marriage, they are in defiance of the equal rights language stipulated in the federal Constitution.
Hate, ignorance, and intolerance are the only justifications for denying the rights and privileges of marriage to gay people. The old adage, "Live and let live" is one old piece of wisdom worth living by.
There s no wording in the Constitution that infers anything about any kind of marriage. Nothing!

Petal Power

“It's a New Dawn”

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#53 Mar 10, 2014
Hoosier Hillbilly wrote:
<quoted text>
SCRATCHING ya from the GUEST LIST..Not PERSONAL!!

Level 7

Location hidden

#54 Mar 10, 2014
FTW Forever wrote:
<quoted text>There s no wording in the Constitution that infers anything about any kind of marriage. Nothing!
Exactly! Nor does it define marriage as the union of opposite sexes. But there is wording about civil rights. And denying those rights to a certain group of citizens is unconstitutional.

“Got'em figured out?”

Think again

#55 Mar 10, 2014
Hoosier Hillbilly wrote:
<quoted text>
All parties are meetings, though not all meetings are parties.

But still ... there are meetings of The Party, or The Parties.

And then there have been meetings, and still are, of a group of which I would not be party to whom would be in attendance; for they would be hooded.

Oy vey!

“Got'em figured out?”

Think again

#56 Mar 10, 2014
Lawrence Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>Exactly! Nor does it define marriage as the union of opposite sexes. But there is wording about civil rights. And denying those rights to a certain group of citizens is unconstitutional.
Court decisions over-turning these state bans on same-sex marriage are toward these pesky words of the Equal Protection Clause of the 14th Amendment to the U.S. Constitution:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Equal_protection...

"All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside. No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws."

Discussed:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Equal_protection...

#57 Mar 10, 2014
Lawrence Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>Exactly! Nor does it define marriage as the union of opposite sexes. But there is wording about civil rights. And denying those rights to a certain group of citizens is unconstitutional.
Nowhere does say and or imply any civil rights about marriage. Tally is right on here. There is no Constitutional basis for or against any recognition. It is a state issue to be decided by each individual state according to their wants. We be much better off as a country and much stronger all around if we allowed each state to more self rulewithout interference from other states as is what is supposed to be. Not just on this, but on 100's of other issues as well. Do I care about any state laws in say Mississippi? No. I'm not a resident so it is none of my business. Gays wanting to marry who live in state that doesn't recognize it based on the dominate culture can move here to NY and do it. We need the people to offset the massive exodus from high taxes and absurd laws here.

#58 Mar 10, 2014
^^^^^ Only thing is there should be a rule you can't collect any state benefits for the first 5-7 years of residence.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Denny Crain's Place (May '10) 19 min Zom XIII 35,381
News Mel Gibson's Remarks In The Spotlight After Arrest (Jul '06) 47 min Claud Anderson Is... 76
Last 3 Letters into 3 new words. (Dec '08) 1 hr Pardon Pard 62,495
Can't find the right C 1 hr andet1987 1
only TWO words! (Nov '08) 1 hr David0407 28,173
News Energy drinks 'cause mental health problems and... 1 hr DeDominicis 5
The last word in the sentence must rhyme with t... (Aug '15) 1 hr andet1987 2,178
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 2 hr Sublime1 227,339
Poll What are you thinking right now? (May '08) 3 hr Rider on the Storm 7,000
More from around the web