President Obama named most literate Of top ten most-followed Tweeters

Apr 10, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: WMMX-FM Dayton

Basic grammar still has a place in our 160-character world. "Buzzfeed" used the Online-Utility Readability Calculator to rank the literacy of the top ten most-followed people on Twitter.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of82
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“More Brains Than .....”

Level 6

Since: Sep 11

..a Zombie Thanksgiving

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Apr 11, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Some simple rules for posting:

1. Verbs HAS to agree with their subjects.

2. Prepositions are not words to end sentences with.

3. And don't start a sentence with a conjunction.

4. It is wrong to ever split an infinitive.

5. Avoid cliches like the plague.(They're old hat)

6. Also, always avoid annoying alliteration.

7. Be more or less specific.

8. Parenthetical remarks (however relevant) are (usually) unnecessary.

9. Also too, never, ever use repetitive redundancies.

10. No sentence fragments.

11. Contractions aren't necessary and shouldn't be used.

12. Foreign words and phrases are not apropos.

13. Do not be redundant; do not use more words than necessary; it's

highly superfluous.

14. One should NEVER generalize.

15. Comparisons are as bad as cliches.

16. Eschew ampersands & abbreviations, etc.

17. One-word sentences? Eliminate.

18. Analogies in writing are like feathers on a snake.

19. The passive voice is to be ignored.

20. Eliminate commas, that are, not necessary. Parenthetical words

however should be enclosed in commas.

21. Never use a big word when a diminutive one would suffice.

22. Use words correctly, irregardless of how others use them.

23. Understatement is always the absolute best way to put forth earth-

shaking ideas.

24. Eliminate quotations. As Ralph Waldo Emerson said, "I hate

quotations. Tell me what you know."

25. If you've heard it once, you've heard it a thousand times: Resist

hyperbole; not one writer in a million can use it correctly.

26. Puns are for children, not groan readers.

27. Go around the barn at high noon to avoid colloquialisms.

28. Even IF a mixed metaphor sings, it should be derailed.

29. Who needs rhetorical questions?

30. Exaggeration is a billion times worse than understatement.

And the last one...

31. Proofread carefully to see if you any words out.
Parden pard

Catasauqua, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Apr 11, 2013
 

Judged:

1

And Bushy boy was voted as the most illiterate,,(I wonder why,??)
Communists are sewer rats

Southampton, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Apr 11, 2013
 

Judged:

4

3

3

Obama uses a Teleprompter in order to tweet.

“... SUMMER TIME ...”

Since: Aug 08

AND THE LIVIN IS EAZY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Apr 11, 2013
 

Judged:

2

1

1

Phil the Grillmaster wrote:
Some simple rules for posting:
1. Verbs HAS to agree with their subjects.
2. Prepositions are not words to end sentences with.
3. And don't start a sentence with a conjunction.
4. It is wrong to ever split an infinitive.
5. Avoid cliches like the plague.(They're old hat)
6. Also, always avoid annoying alliteration.
7. Be more or less specific.
8. Parenthetical remarks (however relevant) are (usually) unnecessary.
9. Also too, never, ever use repetitive redundancies.
10. No sentence fragments.
11. Contractions aren't necessary and shouldn't be used.
12. Foreign words and phrases are not apropos.
13. Do not be redundant; do not use more words than necessary; it's
highly superfluous.
14. One should NEVER generalize.
15. Comparisons are as bad as cliches.
16. Eschew ampersands & abbreviations, etc.
17. One-word sentences? Eliminate.
18. Analogies in writing are like feathers on a snake.
19. The passive voice is to be ignored.
20. Eliminate commas, that are, not necessary. Parenthetical words
however should be enclosed in commas.
21. Never use a big word when a diminutive one would suffice.
22. Use words correctly, irregardless of how others use them.
23. Understatement is always the absolute best way to put forth earth-
shaking ideas.
24. Eliminate quotations. As Ralph Waldo Emerson said, "I hate
quotations. Tell me what you know."
25. If you've heard it once, you've heard it a thousand times: Resist
hyperbole; not one writer in a million can use it correctly.
26. Puns are for children, not groan readers.
27. Go around the barn at high noon to avoid colloquialisms.
28. Even IF a mixed metaphor sings, it should be derailed.
29. Who needs rhetorical questions?
30. Exaggeration is a billion times worse than understatement.
And the last one...
31. Proofread carefully to see if you any words out.
...32 ... keep posts short ...
abe

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Apr 11, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Parden pard wrote:
And Bushy boy was voted as the most illiterate,,(I wonder why,??)
Yes, but Bushy boy had a good economy and had guts. bammie the commie only picks on the uneducated the ignorant and the dumb.
abe

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Apr 11, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

1

Communists are sewer rats wrote:
Obama uses a Teleprompter in order to tweet.
Has a spell checker on it. But what does that make him? Still nothing but a dumb communist/ muslm.

“I was a Grim Reaper”

Level 8

Since: Apr 07

But now I take antidepressants

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Apr 11, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

abe wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, but Bushy boy had a good economy and had guts. bammie the commie only picks on the uneducated the ignorant and the dumb.
Bush doesn't appear to be on the list. Obama beat out such literary lightweights as Katy Perry, Lady Gaga, Ellen DeGeneres ,Taylor Swift,Justin Bieber,Rihanna,Shakira and Justin Timberlake. The runner up (Katy Perry)posts with an under 6th grade level...Beating that group doesn't seem all that difficult to me.....

“WE WON TOPIX! YAY!”

Since: Jun 09

Schaumburg, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Apr 11, 2013
 

Judged:

5

5

5

abe wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, but Bushy boy had a good economy and had guts. bammie the commie only picks on the uneducated the ignorant and the dumb.
He must consider you a triple threat then...

Level 2

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Apr 11, 2013
 
Communists are sewer rats wrote:
Obama uses a Teleprompter in order to tweet.
From what I have seen, a ghost writer too. There was an article I read that said 70% of his twitter accounts are false and fake post are put on to appear supportive.

“Happiness comes through giving”

Level 7

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Apr 11, 2013
 
Communists are sewer rats wrote:
Obama uses a Teleprompter in order to tweet.
And you use Roto-Rooter in order to crap.

“Maiden of Mayhem”

Since: May 08

OMFUG

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Apr 11, 2013
 

Judged:

2

1

1

My Portal wrote:
<quoted text>From what I have seen, a ghost writer too. There was an article I read that said 70% of his twitter accounts are false and fake post are put on to appear supportive.
How can 70% of his twitter accounts be fake if he only has 1 twitter account?

“Happiness comes through giving”

Level 7

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Apr 11, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

abe wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, but Bushy boy had a good economy and had guts. bammie the commie only picks on the uneducated the ignorant and the dumb.
Bush had a good economy? Surely you jest. We are still feeling the consequences of Bush's "good economy". But the first amendment gives you the right to hallucinate.

Level 2

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Apr 11, 2013
 
victoria1 wrote:
<quoted text>
How can 70% of his twitter accounts be fake if he only has 1 twitter account?
I'm sorry, I am not a twitter person. I guess I mean those that on his list. I found the article.

Nearly 70 percent of Obama's Twitter followers either ...
www.examiner.com/article/web-tool-nearly-70-p... 25, 2012 Almost 70 percent of President Obama's nearly 19 million Twitter followers are either fake or inactive, according to a web tool by StatusPeople,

“Happiness comes through giving”

Level 7

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Apr 11, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

1

abe wrote:
<quoted text>
Has a spell checker on it. But what does that make him? Still nothing but a dumb communist/ muslm.
Most communists are atheists, while Muslims are highly religious. Would you like to choose one for Obama, or can we conclude that you are full of shit?

“Happiness comes through giving”

Level 7

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Apr 11, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

My Portal wrote:
<quoted text>From what I have seen, a ghost writer too. There was an article I read that said 70% of his twitter accounts are false and fake post are put on to appear supportive.
"Articles" written on Sarah Palin's palm don't count.

“Maiden of Mayhem”

Since: May 08

OMFUG

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Apr 11, 2013
 

Judged:

2

1

1

My Portal wrote:
<quoted text>I'm sorry, I am not a twitter person. I guess I mean those that on his list. I found the article.
Nearly 70 percent of Obama's Twitter followers either ...
www.examiner.com/article/web-tool-nearly-70-p... 25, 2012 Almost 70 percent of President Obama's nearly 19 million Twitter followers are either fake or inactive, according to a web tool by StatusPeople,
Oh well that's not unusual. That's the case for most celebs who have followers in the millions. At least 50% of twitter accounts are inactive to begin with.

Level 2

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Apr 11, 2013
 
Lawrence Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>"Articles" written on Sarah Palin's palm don't count.
That makes little sense to me. I hope it does to you.

“WE WON TOPIX! YAY!”

Since: Jun 09

Schaumburg, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Apr 11, 2013
 

Judged:

5

5

5

My Portal wrote:
<quoted text>I'm sorry, I am not a twitter person. I guess I mean those that on his list. I found the article.
Nearly 70 percent of Obama's Twitter followers either ...
www.examiner.com/article/web-tool-nearly-70-p... 25, 2012 Almost 70 percent of President Obama's nearly 19 million Twitter followers are either fake or inactive, according to a web tool by StatusPeople,
70% of the posters on Topix are fake. Is that what you meant? Or maybe 70% should be inactive?

“ROCK ON ROCKERS!!”

Level 8

Since: Mar 11

Rockin' USA ;)

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Apr 11, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

REALLY Tweeting WHEN he NEEDS to be concerned WITH IMPORTANT issues???

“Maiden of Mayhem”

Since: May 08

OMFUG

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Apr 11, 2013
 

Judged:

2

1

1

Colorado Chick wrote:
REALLY Tweeting WHEN he NEEDS to be concerned WITH IMPORTANT issues???
Get a grip and don't be retarded, he rarely tweets himself, his staff tweet on his behalf.

If the tweet is directly from the President himself he signs it "BO". That's how you know if it's him or his staff.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of82
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••