What does it mean when a man invites ...

The Gloop
Level 8

Since: Sep 08

.

#94 Jun 28, 2013

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#96 Jun 28, 2013
Proud To Be Trina wrote:
I disagree, I think he wants to have coffee and get a sense of what she's like before springing for the meal, and as he gets comfortable, going out for a drink. Maybe he is really shy and wants to do what is comfortable for him. I'd much rather have coffee with a stranger than a drink. And I'd watch my coffee closely, didn't you see what happened in Dave's Bar and Grill!? Lmao
I agree about the coffee, and to me it should be during the day, in a crowded place too. and make sure she tells a lot of friends where she will be what time etc.

gosh I sound like im preaching to my daughter now. lol

but it is sad that today u have to be really careful who u meet...

but u will never meet anybody if u don't take a chance.
just be aware that he still might be married if he ONLY wants to meet during the day, of course HE might be worried about the same type thing. lol
hmmmm
she might wanna make sure He is a He too well, who knows, maybe she wont care. lol

glad Im not doing the dating thing anymore.
:)
Level 6

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#97 Jun 28, 2013
PFfff wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree about the coffee, and to me it should be during the day, in a crowded place too. and make sure she tells a lot of friends where she will be what time etc.
gosh I sound like im preaching to my daughter now. lol
but it is sad that today u have to be really careful who u meet...
but u will never meet anybody if u don't take a chance.
just be aware that he still might be married if he ONLY wants to meet during the day, of course HE might be worried about the same type thing. lol
hmmmm
she might wanna make sure He is a He too well, who knows, maybe she wont care. lol
glad Im not doing the dating thing anymore.
:)
Lmao!! Soooo glad I married my childhood friend, right now!!
I feel for people who have to date in today's world, it can be very scary. I do see your point, I just think coffee in a cafe is safer than drinks at a bar, but I would never go meet a stranger, that's just me though. Maybe they should both bring a friend, and I agree with you on making sure it's in a public place and that people know where they are and who'll they'll be with. And you never know if the person is married or not regardless of where you meet, which is pretty sad, but seems to be the way things go sometimes. You seem very smart, not preachy, just smart.
:)

Judged:

10

10

10

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Level 8

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#98 Jun 28, 2013
Natasha wrote:
I was interested in this thread as I've just been asked to meet a guy for a coffee.
I said I preferred to meet early evening for a drink/snack/meal that I was busy in the day.
He said he wanted only to meet for coffee as he was careful of his 'comfort zone'! I prefer to have a glass of wine as I find meeting for the first time stressful (this is from a dating site).
I'm also used to being taken out to dinner..as I'm considered a very interesting & attractive lady.
Very interesting, attractive, and oh so very very modest, lol

He sounds like he’s not sure about you, but he sure does go about it in the most dorkish fashion possible.

If he had any charm, were seriously interested in ya, and he knew you had a preference, he’d play it cool and tell you that you two can do whatever YOU wanna do (within reason and certainly dinner and drinks are within reason) and he would be all about making you feel comfortable so that you can get to know each other better.

Worst case scenario, dinner doesn’t go well, but big deal ... I fail to see how sitting through a meal is that much worse than sitting through a coffee date in that case. So, his whole “comfort zone” thing doesn’t make much sense.

I’m wondering if he is just cheap or has some sorta weird anxiety issues.

He certainly doesn’t come across as prince charming, from the outset.

Judged:

10

10

10

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Level 8

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#99 Jun 28, 2013
My Gnome dePlume wrote:
<quoted text>
I was interested in this thread as I've just been asked to meet a guy for a coffee.
Is this a blind date?
Just coffee, no PiE?

;p

Judged:

11

11

10

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Level 8

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#100 Jun 28, 2013
Proud To Be Trina wrote:
I always just thought coffee was coffee. This sounds like a question for Billy R. I'll be back, lol
Perhaps, but not likely the case when contact is initiated via a dating site.
Proud To Be Trina wrote:
he been polite or has he made advances?
I think the polite thing to have done would have been to let the lady do whatever she wants to do, if she has a preference. It's kind of a bad sign that they haven't even met and are already butting heads about where to meet or is that meat, lol. If it were me and I were interested, I'd say whatever you wanna do is cool with me, doll. ;)

The main difference between coffee and dinner are cost ... which makes me think he's cheapskate

Judged:

10

10

9

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Forehead wrinkle”

Since: Dec 10

Homefries

#101 Jun 28, 2013
It means his Ex works at the coffee place and he wants to show her up.......

Judged:

10

10

10

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Level 6

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#102 Jun 28, 2013
Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Perhaps, but not likely the case when contact is initiated via a dating site.
<quoted text>
I think the polite thing to have done would have been to let the lady do whatever she wants to do, if she has a preference. It's kind of a bad sign that they haven't even met and are already butting heads about where to meet or is that meat, lol. If it were me and I were interested, I'd say whatever you wanna do is cool with me, doll. ;)
The main difference between coffee and dinner are cost ... which makes me think he's cheapskate
I hear ya on that one. By the way sublime1, you just made my day. I've gotta go, got a birthday to attend, but thank you :))
You get a doll prop, lol

Judged:

10

10

10

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Oh my Stars”

Level 6

Since: Jan 13

I ain't Misbehavin'

#104 Jun 28, 2013
Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Just coffee, no PiE?
;p
Ok, then, you don't want PIE!!

Wanna join Roxie for just Coffee?

LOL

Level 7

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#105 Jun 28, 2013
Did you all think maybe he likes coffee and also likes to talk the lady he invited for coffee. Nothing more just as friends! Possible!?

Have a good one all!

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#106 Jun 29, 2013
Proud To Be Trina wrote:
<quoted text>Lmao!! Soooo glad I married my childhood friend, right now!!
I feel for people who have to date in today's world, it can be very scary. I do see your point, I just think coffee in a cafe is safer than drinks at a bar, but I would never go meet a stranger, that's just me though. Maybe they should both bring a friend, and I agree with you on making sure it's in a public place and that people know where they are and who'll they'll be with. And you never know if the person is married or not regardless of where you meet, which is pretty sad, but seems to be the way things go sometimes. You seem very smart, not preachy, just smart.
:)
:)
im kinda in the same boat as u, although i didn't meet my husband until a week before i graduated from HS, so i guess i cant really say what the dating thing is like as an adult, and im glad too, more important im glad things worked out cause i don't think im trusting enough as a person to try again.
hopefully i never have to find out either..

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#107 Jun 29, 2013
Sally Brown wrote:
Did you all think maybe he likes coffee and also likes to talk the lady he invited for coffee. Nothing more just as friends! Possible!?
Have a good one all!
yep i thought of that.
for a second.
lol
:)
Dan Millett

Westminster, CA

#108 Jun 29, 2013
He is trying to find the cheapest way possible to get a piece

“Pair of Socks”

Since: Dec 06

.Beats an Ace High

#109 Jun 29, 2013
NeverMissed wrote:
Just curious what you all think ...

Beard is a slang term

“Oh my Stars”

Level 6

Since: Jan 13

I ain't Misbehavin'

#110 Jun 29, 2013
Natasha wrote:
I was interested in this thread as I've just been asked to meet a guy for a coffee.
I said I preferred to meet early evening for a drink/snack/meal that I was busy in the day.
He said he wanted only to meet for coffee as he was careful of his 'comfort zone'! I prefer to have a glass of wine as I find meeting for the first time stressful (this is from a dating site).
I'm also used to being taken out to dinner..as I'm considered a very interesting & attractive lady.
It means you can be anal retentive and boring and still catch the eye a man. You got lucky..go have a cup of coffee with the guy and come back and tell us what it meant.

Level 9

Since: Nov 10

Powellton WV

#111 Jun 29, 2013
DILF wrote:
It means his Ex works at the coffee place and he wants to show her up.......
Men are incalculable, it's hard to tell what it means.

Since: Jan 07

Location Shown

#112 Jun 29, 2013
PFfff wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree about the coffee, and to me it should be during the day, in a crowded place too. and make sure she tells a lot of friends where she will be what time etc.
gosh I sound like im preaching to my daughter now. lol
but it is sad that today u have to be really careful who u meet...
but u will never meet anybody if u don't take a chance.
just be aware that he still might be married if he ONLY wants to meet during the day, of course HE might be worried about the same type thing. lol
hmmmm
she might wanna make sure He is a He too well, who knows, maybe she wont care. lol
glad Im not doing the dating thing anymore.
:)


preaching to my daughter now or Great , great ,Great Grandkids,...
Margaret_Hamilto n

Atwater, OH

#113 Jun 29, 2013
Where do you think "Good till the last drop" comes from..!!!
Red Adair

United States

#114 Jun 29, 2013
Hot stuff
Level 8

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#115 Jun 29, 2013
Roxie Darling wrote:
<quoted text>Ok, then, you don't want PIE!!

Wanna join Roxie for just Coffee?

LOL
Well that depends. I might want PIE ... depends on the flavor, of course ... but just coffee is fine too. I'll bring an "appetite" just in case. ;)

Wait a second ... are you just after my harley? <pokes harley hunni with a stick>

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
+=Keep 1 Drop 1=+ 3 STACK (Mar '13) 1 min Dont_You_Dare 9,738
One Word (Jan '09) 3 min Dont_You_Dare 15,204
Only Three Word (Nov '09) 4 min Old Proverb 13,085
Post any FOUR words 18 min Go Blue Forever 558
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 32 min 8541 MARINE 55,738
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 34 min -Prince- 189,652
A six word game (Dec '08) 57 min Mycardial Infarction 18,896
Transgender bathrooms .... thoughts? 1 hr Sausages and Donuts 107
Answer a question with a question (Apr '15) 1 hr Speaking In Tongues 1,895
Last Post Wins! (Aug '08) 2 hr Princess Hey 144,211
More from around the web