What does it mean when a man invites you out for coffee?

Posted in the Weird Forum

First Prev
of 9
Next Last

“My latest victim”

Since: Jul 10

Santa Barbara, CA

#1 Aug 14, 2010
Just curious what you all think . . .
End The Hate

Long Beach, CA

#3 Aug 14, 2010
He likes coffee and is probably interested in knowing you better. That's my guess. I've been asked out to coffee several times. Once 'the guy' talked about Scientology for an hour, another time 'a different guy' wanted to list my house... and the other 3 or 4 times it was to date me.

“No time like the present”

Since: Jul 08

to make it happen!

#4 Aug 14, 2010
Being a thinking human being, I would imagine that the guy wants to get to know the gal better. The gal, also a thinking human being of the same species, will pick up on this signal and decide whether or not she wishes to get to know the guy in return.

Over coffee, a gal can then determine if the guy is a scientology nut, real estate agent only interested in her good looking house or someone she would like to learn more about.

However, in San Francisco, these rules don't apply....

“My latest victim”

Since: Jul 10

Santa Barbara, CA

#5 Aug 14, 2010
I think they just want a piece and are too cheap to pay for dinner . . . that goes for you too Slack.

to make it happen!

#6 Aug 14, 2010
NeverMissed wrote:
I think they just want a piece and are too cheap to pay for dinner ... that goes for you too Slack.
and then there is that.....hahahahahaha

Level 6

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#7 Aug 14, 2010
LOL!!
Mike

United States

#8 Aug 14, 2010
It's a short date for, "is she cute enough to ask to dinner." Don't be dumb. It's just a coffee date.

If he tries to take your clothes off on the first date, that's all he wants. He's a dog. Move on.

If he doesn't try to get your clothes off after three dates, you're a dog. Move on.

If he takes you out four times and doesn't even kiss you, he's stupid. Move on.

It he ever says, "it's not you, it's me" - it's you. Move on.
End The Hate

Long Beach, CA

#9 Aug 14, 2010
Dr_Dirty wrote:
Being a thinking human being, I would imagine that the guy wants to get to know the gal better. The gal, also a thinking human being of the same species, will pick up on this signal and decide whether or not she wishes to get to know the guy in return.
Over coffee, a gal can then determine if the guy is a scientology nut, real estate agent only interested in her good looking house or someone she would like to learn more about.
However, in San Francisco, these rules don't apply....
Hi DR. That was funny but I agree, he wants to know her better, for whatever reason. I did go out w/the Scientologist a few times but I couldn't go there. I took the RE agents card but didn't want to sell my house, lol. My advise is if you totally aren't interested in the person just decline the coffee.
End The Hate

Long Beach, CA

#10 Aug 14, 2010
Mike wrote:
It's a short date for, "is she cute enough to ask to dinner." Don't be dumb. It's just a coffee date.
If he tries to take your clothes off on the first date, that's all he wants. He's a dog. Move on.
If he doesn't try to get your clothes off after three dates, you're a dog. Move on.
If he takes you out four times and doesn't even kiss you, he's stupid. Move on.
It he ever says, "it's not you, it's me" - it's you. Move on.
Hey Mike. I think it's meant to see if you have anything in common. If the female is attracted to him and feels safe go 4 coffee, if not as you say, move on. Hopefully some conversation took place prior to the invite.

to make it happen!

#11 Aug 14, 2010
End The Hate wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi DR. That was funny but I agree, he wants to know her better, for whatever reason. I did go out w/the Scientologist a few times but I couldn't go there. I took the RE agents card but didn't want to sell my house, lol. My advise is if you totally aren't interested in the person just decline the coffee.
Yeah, I have to agree. If a guy is offering a coffee date then it's safe to assume that there's some kind of history between the two of you. If it's just a weird and random offering from some dude on the street then head the other way...grin...

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#12 Aug 14, 2010
it means he wants coffee. usually just to chill, if he invites you for dinner or coffee then it means he wants to go out. if he invites you and another person will be there, then it's just as friends.

if he invites you for coffee then you go somewhere else afterwards then he probably just wants to spend time with you.

I think if you're curious, just ask him why. It's better to know for sure than just randomly guess.
Mike

United States

#13 Aug 14, 2010
End The Hate wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Mike. I think it's meant to see if you have anything in common. If the female is attracted to him and feels safe go 4 coffee, if not as you say, move on. Hopefully some conversation took place prior to the invite.
Oh my freaking God. This isn't your college thesis is it? Simpleton. You're a Democrat, aren't you?
Ace

United States

#14 Aug 14, 2010
Anytime a man wants to meet a woman he wants to get in her pants and bang her hard. What else is he going to do with her? Talk about shoes?

Coffee is a good idea. In the booth, ask the woman questions about herself so she thinks you care. When the woman sips coffee look at her throat muscles closely (but discreetly) and see if they're strong enough for what you want.
beyond that

Richmond, KY

#15 Aug 15, 2010
Yea, I heard bout this guy who met this girl on the net, and was really attracted to her.After about six months of 'heavy petting' the girl turned out to be a guy. Man that would suck!

ahhhh, just call me Homophonic

Sheryl Crow: Are you strong enough

“I'm not listening.”

Level 9

Since: Feb 10

Ravena, NY

#16 Aug 15, 2010
beyond that wrote:
Yea, I heard bout this guy who met this girl on the net, and was really attracted to her.After about six months of 'heavy petting' the girl turned out to be a guy. Man that would suck!
ahhhh, just call me Homophonic
Sheryl Crow: Are you strong enough
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =6o1fgn8MZZQXX
How the HeII do you not notice the dangly bits after 6 months of heavy petting?
beyond that

Richmond, KY

#17 Aug 15, 2010
Oneluckygal wrote:
<quoted text>How the HeII do you not notice the dangly bits after 6 months of heavy petting?
Well that's a pretty picture!lol. I was referring to emails and such.

“Spring is here, ”

Level 7

Since: Sep 06

next comes summer! Yippee!!

#18 Aug 15, 2010
Ace wrote:
Anytime a man wants to meet a woman he wants to get in her pants and bang her hard. What else is he going to do with her? Talk about shoes?
Coffee is a good idea. In the booth, ask the woman questions about herself so she thinks you care. When the woman sips coffee look at her throat muscles closely (but discreetly) and see if they're strong enough for what you want.
I agree with you Ace!! A mans first concern is looking to have is own self gratification needs met. Exspecially if he is alone, lonely and needs a woman to toy with.
beyond that

Richmond, KY

#19 Aug 15, 2010
beyond that wrote:
<quoted text>
(...And no I'm not saying this happen to me! It happen a couple of year to a friend of mine.)

“I'm not listening.”

Level 9

Since: Feb 10

Ravena, NY

#20 Aug 15, 2010
beyond that wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL,Oh!

“Spring is here, ”

Level 7

Since: Sep 06

next comes summer! Yippee!!

#21 Aug 15, 2010
NeverMissed wrote:
Just curious what you all think ...
Great thread! I hope that your having a wonderful weekend!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 9
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 5 min deutscher Nationa... 134,051
Change 1 letter game! (Nov '11) 9 min Crystal_Clear722 3,028
MY... 6 ... WORDS for the day.... (Apr '09) 10 min Wildbluerose 1,138
Paws by Claus: Santa delivers for animal shelter 16 min Bob 2
Name something you shouldn't do naked .... (Mar '14) 23 min Crystal_Clear722 330
Woman Switches Seats on Plane, Spends 3 Days in... 28 min Bubbletoes 10
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 31 min Enzo49 25,855
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 33 min TALLYHO 8541 37,762
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 1 hr stray-cat 152,790
BAN(N) the P0STER Above you !!! (Feb '14) 6 hr Chilli J 3,014
More from around the web