Philosophical One-Liners?

“Tullahoma--my new home”

Since: Oct 07

Knoxville, TN

#2933 Feb 1, 2010
Play your part in the comedy, but don't identify yourself with your role!
Wei Wu Wei

“Yee-haw!!”

Since: Jul 09

Hazzard County, USA

#2934 Feb 1, 2010
Consider the man on horseback, and I have been a man on horseback for most of my life. Well, mostly he is a good man, but there is a change in him as soon as he mounts. Every man on horseback is an arrogant man, however gentle he may be on foot. The man in the automobile is one thousand times as dangerous. I tell you, it will engender absolute selfishness in mankind if the driving of automobiles becomes common. It will breed violence on a scale never seen before. It will mark the end of the family as we know it, the three or four generations living happily in one home. It will destroy the sense of neighborhood and the true sense of Nation. It will create giantized cankers of cities, false opulence of suburbs, ruinized countryside, and unhealthy conglomerations of specialized farming and manufacturing. It will make every man a tyrant.~R.A. Lafferty, "Interurban Queen," 1970, a short story set in the late 1800s

“Tullahoma--my new home”

Knoxville, TN

#2935 Feb 2, 2010
The secret of health for both mind and body is not to mourn for the past, worry about the future, or anticipate troubles, but to live in the present moment wisely and earnestly. - Buddha

Level 1

Since: Nov 07

Bradenton, FL

#2936 Feb 2, 2010
Bout time wrote:
The secret of health for both mind and body is not to mourn for the past, worry about the future, or anticipate troubles, but to live in the present moment wisely and earnestly.- Buddha
Man! I'm screwed!

“Maytime”

Level 8

Since: Dec 06

#2937 Feb 2, 2010
'My one regret in life is that I am not someone else.'

-Woody Allen-

LOL

“Tullahoma--my new home”

Knoxville, TN

#2938 Feb 5, 2010
When all is said and done, the weather and love are the two elements about which one can never be sure.
-Alice Hoffman

“frequently laughing”

Level 8

Since: Apr 09

Hotel California

#2939 Feb 5, 2010
The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.

-Thomas Jefferson

“your life is great”

Level 2

Since: Aug 09

you poop in clean water

#2940 Feb 5, 2010
good fences make good neighbors

“Tullahoma--my new home”

Knoxville, TN

#2941 Feb 9, 2010
Enquire not what boils in another's pot.
Thomas Fuller

“Mess with me.”

Level 2

Since: Dec 09

I like it.

#2942 Feb 9, 2010
He who laughs last...didn't get the joke.

“Tullahoma--my new home”

Knoxville, TN

#2943 Feb 10, 2010
He had occasional flashes of silence, that made his conversation perfectly delightful. -Sydney Smith

“Tullahoma--my new home”

Knoxville, TN

#2950 Feb 11, 2010
If my hands are fully occupied in holding on to something, I can neither give nor receive.
Dorothee Solle

“Tullahoma--my new home”

Knoxville, TN

#2951 Feb 12, 2010
Resentment is like drinking poison and waiting for the other person to die. Carrie Fisher

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#2952 Feb 17, 2010
A true friend is someone who sees the pain in your eyes while everyone else believes the smile on your face.

“frequently laughing”

Level 8

Since: Apr 09

Hotel California

#2953 Feb 17, 2010
The nice part about being a pessimist is that you are constantly being either proven right or pleasantly surprised.

George F. Will
Dot

Glasgow, KY

#2954 Feb 17, 2010
In about the same degree you are helpful, you will be happy - Reiland

“Tullahoma--my new home”

Knoxville, TN

#2955 Feb 18, 2010
Quit now, you'll never make it. If you disregard this advice, you'll be halfway there.
David Zucker
Dot

Glasgow, KY

#2956 Feb 18, 2010
"Be good and you will be lonesome" - Mark Twain.

“Tullahoma--my new home”

Knoxville, TN

#2957 Feb 28, 2010
The best way to realize the pleasure of feeling rich is to live in a smaller house than your means would entitle you to have. Edward Clarke

Level 1

Since: Nov 07

Bradenton, FL

#2958 Mar 1, 2010
The game of love is never called off on account of darkness.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
WHAT???? A NEW word game? FOUR WORDS (Sep '08) 3 min PeanutButtercup 41,701
2015: "Make a Story/ 6 Words Only: 10 min PeanutButtercup 707
Poll 3 "NEW" words from last 3 letters without using... (Sep '12) 13 min PeanutButtercup 1,772
The POTUS is in a Fantasy World 15 min Hoosier Hillbilly 1
Make A Sentance out of a 5 letter word. (Nov '09) 22 min Hoosier Hillbilly 32,098
Create "short sentences using the last word" (Aug '12) 27 min Hoosier Hillbilly 8,748
3 Word Advice (Good or Bad) 31 min PeanutButtercup 1,876
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 41 min Grace Nerissa 40,809
News 'John Wayne Day' in Texas Honors Actor's 108th ... 3 hr Tea Bag Residue C... 111
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 3 hr wichita-rick 163,238
What Could Be Hot? 7 hr Lawrence Wolf 225
More from around the web