created by: WiseOldWizard | May 25, 2008

Weird

83 votes

Do you respect male cops more than female cops?

Click on an option to vote

• Female cops are a joke
  • Male cops show more authority
  • Females try to act like men
  • Total respect for female cops
Comments
61 - 80 of 84 Comments Last updated Nov 24, 2012

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

Since: Feb 08

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2008

Judged:

Vee wrote:
I respect the person who wears the uniform.
and is not corrupted!
cosmic

Atlanta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2008

Judged:

LOVE THIS COUNTRY wrote:
<quoted text>So what you are saying ..You are 12 years old and earned respect hasn't happen for you yet?
idiot...learn to read before you comment again.

i didn't say anything about anyone being 12 years old.

you sad attempt at making a comment only showed your ignorance.

Level 1

Since: Mar 08

Dracut, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 28, 2008

cosmic wrote:
<quoted text>
idiot...learn to read before you comment again.
i didn't say anything about anyone being 12 years old.
you sad attempt at making a comment only showed your ignorance.
cosmic wrote:
cops are like everybody else.
they have to earn respect.
so far i have not had any reason to respect cops ....male or female. What I was asking FOOL... ARE YOU 12 years old and have not had respect taught to you yet? You wrote "so far i have not had any reason to respect cops ....male or female."You sound like you have been on the wrong side of the LAW ! Time to pony-up and have some self-respect .. while you are at it ,try reading between the lines to figure out what people are saying...
Atomic

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 4, 2008

Here lately i've noticed that MANY cops are getting more and more arrogant. A few of them have been caught off guard by people filming there attitudes on cell phone cameras. It seems to me that these days alot of people are going into law enforcement because they like the power it gives them over other people. They can be arrogant and rude to people and then hide behind their badge! I used to respect the police...male or female...but the older i get and the more i see...the more respect i lose for them. And NO...i'm not saying this because of any experience i've had...i've never been in ANY kind of legal trouble....it's just what i've seen others go through.

“you're not the boss of me!”

Since: Jan 08

the road less traveled.....

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2008

In corrections, it seems the females are for the most part, better officers. In a prison, it is all about communicating, avoiding problems, not busting heads. The females seem to be better with communicating. We also have some officers from the retail business world and they do very well.

“Out in the West Texas”

Level 1

Since: Mar 08

town of El Paso

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2008

Debra27 wrote:
In corrections, it seems the females are for the most part, better officers. In a prison, it is all about communicating, avoiding problems, not busting heads. The females seem to be better with communicating. We also have some officers from the retail business world and they do very well.
I totally agree. Communication skills are more important than physical strength in law enforcement today. Women officers tend to be more effective communicators than men,are used to physical posturing. As you probably know, domestic violence calls are among the most dangerous for officers, and women are especially effective at diffusing a tense situation.

“I know where you are,”

Level 8

Since: Jun 08

Right here under my thumb

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2008

Judged:

A Cop is a Cop...never been in a situation where respect has been an issue - all I wanted is out of a ticket. In other words - whether they're male or female, they still wear a badge and place their life on the line every day.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2012

Judged:

WiseOldWizard wrote:
I have a very hard time respecting female cops. Everyone knows that the only reason that they are even hired is because they have to hire them. Many are promoted over more qualified men simply because they are women. They try to act tough and all of them have an attitude. I personally have no respect for female officers. This is one job where there really isn't any room for a woman. There are others but this is at the top of the list. I wouldn't want for my life to be in one their hands.
In my opinion, LE seems to attract a lot of men with power issues...women generally have better communication skills, which makes for a better peace officer.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2012

Judged:

oh yah, all cops make me nervous.

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2012

Vee wrote:
I respect the person who wears the uniform.

Beth writes :

I agree with you . It's not a gender this . I guess I can add ... I respect the cops that are reasonable and honest . Saying this , I have many wonderful cop friends that don't abuse their badge and or are honest .
Level 6

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2012

Judged:

out of all the cops I've had to encounter, let's see about 20- 25,

only one I give props

the rest, unfortunately... not good impressions...
it's not easy to forget boys that bully and beat on others in Senior year suddenly walking down the street infront of you with uniforms and guns... all I could think was.. HFS the world is ending..

I've heard stories that at first I would have never believed until I saw it myself.. and so, unfortunately seeing them as heroes has been unpleasantly unvieled over and over and over in my life...
Level 6

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2012

Judged:

as to respect, THEY HAVE GUNS and know how to use them...

DUH!
Level 6

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2012

milwaukee69 wrote:
A Cop is a Cop...never been in a situation where respect has been an issue - all I wanted is out of a ticket. In other words - whether they're male or female, they still wear a badge and place their life on the line every day.
I agree with you. There are, has to, HAS TO, be some good ones, just has to ...

Some I feel sorry for cause I think they need a break and it doesn't come soon enough. Holidays gotta be the hardest for them.
Hoosier Hillbilly

Oakland City, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2012

A cop is a cop! Seems to me they become different people in the uniform- And after wearing it so long they become that person uniform or not.
I've had relatives and friends that were (or) cops.
It makes them different.
I couldn't be one 'i'd kill too many people. If I knew they were no-good riff-raff 'i'd blow'm away.
Level 6

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2012

Hoosier Hillbilly wrote:
A cop is a cop! Seems to me they become different people in the uniform- And after wearing it so long they become that person uniform or not.
I've had relatives and friends that were (or) cops.
It makes them different.
I couldn't be one 'i'd kill too many people. If I knew they were no-good riff-raff 'i'd blow'm away.
someone put him away!

lmao
Hoosier Hillbilly

Oakland City, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2012

http://vibewsu.files.wordpress.com/2010/03/nu...

We'd still be blogging buddies, right?
Nah! we could talk to each other in person since you'd be there too.
Level 6

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2012

nah... been there done that, they say I'm harmless to others... its me to me they worry about
Hoosier Hillbilly

Oakland City, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2012

me too
Level 6

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2012

Hoosier Hillbilly wrote:
me too
reflection doesn't work on me... only sincerity though you haven't gotten looked at you're check ups, you fake it which makes you good at .. stuff.. but truth be told, yes you have had that one moment were metal is between your teeth.. butlove pulls you back

is it that not the way for most
Hoosier Hillbilly

Oakland City, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2012

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••