Do you respect male cops more than fe...

Do you respect male cops more than female cops?

Created by WiseOldWizard on May 25, 2008

85 votes

Click on an option to vote

Female cops are a joke

Male cops show more authority

Females try to act like men

Total respect for female cops

Since: Sep 07

Location hidden

#21 May 25, 2008
Hey Hey Paula wrote:
<quoted text>
There won't be many stories about the ones that are honest and do a good job. That is not how news reporting works. Most of us are good citizens. How many stories do you hear about us? Most stories are about the ones that are not good citizens. Same with police officers. Products are sold using bad news and bad stories not good news and good stories.
That is exactly right...bad news sells, exaggerating it...no balance.

“Easy LIke Sunday Morning”

Since: Apr 08

Jax

#22 May 25, 2008
Marilyn -MW wrote:
<quoted text> That is exactly right...bad news sells, exaggerating it...no balance.
Thanks Marilyn. It has always been a concern for me that people decide how they think about an entire group of people based on personal experience.
Balance is something we will not be be getting from news outlets. Blood gore and ugly stories are their meat and drink. Sad but true.

“....VETS”

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

WELCOME HOME

#23 May 25, 2008
skipper wrote:
oh plese bro/sis
DON'T TICKET ME
you don't use gas any more just ask your horse one thread over
cosmic

Louisville, KY

#24 May 25, 2008
cops are like everybody else.
they have to earn respect.
so far i have not had any reason to respect cops ....male or female.

“....VETS”

Level 9

WELCOME HOME

#25 May 25, 2008
Hey Hey Paula wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks Tally. Hope you are having a great holiday weekend.
will do have blondee coming and my best to you and yours

“....VETS”

Level 9

WELCOME HOME

#26 May 25, 2008
cosmic wrote:
only out of FLA

Vee

“Happeeeeeee 2016!!!!!!!”

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#27 May 25, 2008
Hey Hey Paula wrote:
<quoted text>
My husband is a retired office. I sure know what the job takes out of a person. People gripe and gripe, but they change their tune when a man or woman in blue saves their bacon.
Ask your husband is he knows Ronnie Bennett.Third Precinct.

Jax

#28 May 25, 2008
cosmic wrote:
Here we go again. Why do you have to be from Jax? I have a pretty good idea why you don't respect police officers. I debated your kind over and over at TU before they shut down the boards. I left the local news here at Topix so I would not have to see your kind of post. Then you show up at Offbeat news. Give the officers some respect and they will give you respect in return. Disrespect them and you will get what is coming to you.

Jax

#29 May 25, 2008
tallyho wrote:
<quoted text>
will do have blondee coming and my best to you and yours
Thanks Tally, you're the best.:o)

Jax

#30 May 25, 2008
Vee wrote:
<quoted text>Ask your husband is he knows Ronnie Bennett.Third Precinct.
I just asked him and the Bennett he knows is not named Ronnie. Down here we have are set up with zones. So your friend would be working out of zone 3.

Vee

“Happeeeeeee 2016!!!!!!!”

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#31 May 25, 2008
Hey Hey Paula wrote:
<quoted text>
I just asked him and the Bennett he knows is not named Ronnie. Down here we have are set up with zones. So your friend would be working out of zone 3.
Sorry, getting Long Island and Jacksonville mixed up. Yes, zone three. Powers Avenue.
cosmic

Louisville, KY

#32 May 25, 2008
Hey Hey Paula wrote:
<quoted text>
Here we go again. Why do you have to be from Jax? I have a pretty good idea why you don't respect police officers. I debated your kind over and over at TU before they shut down the boards. I left the local news here at Topix so I would not have to see your kind of post. Then you show up at Offbeat news. Give the officers some respect and they will give you respect in return. Disrespect them and you will get what is coming to you.
soooo, what's your "pretty good idea", dirt bag.

cops are not special people, they show the public, that pays their outragious salary, and the public will show them some respect.

the city would save alot of money on fuel if these fat arse lazy cops didn't ride around all day with the a/c on high.

“Yum Chocolate!”

Level 8

Location hidden

#33 May 25, 2008
I respect both male and female cops. I respect the difficult job that they have to do. There are both female and male cops here where I live and I have met some of them and they are nice and respectful. I see some of the posts that put cops down but just think what would happen without them around.

Jax

#34 May 25, 2008
cosmic wrote:
<quoted text>
soooo, what's your "pretty good idea", dirt bag.
cops are not special people, they show the public, that pays their outragious salary, and the public will show them some respect.
the city would save alot of money on fuel if these fat arse lazy cops didn't ride around all day with the a/c on high.
I know and you know, we don't have to say it. So I am a dirt bag? How many names did I call you? Your post is full of ugly names. Have a good life. I'm going to find some fun people to post with. We are through. Post back to me or not. I shall not return the favor. Oh, one more thing. I guess you can't afford to run the A/C in your car. Summer is here. Burn baby burn.

Jax

#35 May 25, 2008
Vee wrote:
<quoted text>Sorry, getting Long Island and Jacksonville mixed up. Yes, zone three. Powers Avenue.
When you said that I just thought of all the movies and TV shows I have seen set in NY.
We were JPD for years and then it became JSO.

Jax

#36 May 25, 2008
Chatty Kathy wrote:
I respect both male and female cops. I respect the difficult job that they have to do. There are both female and male cops here where I live and I have met some of them and they are nice and respectful. I see some of the posts that put cops down but just think what would happen without them around.
Hi CK:
Most of the posts putting officers down come from people that have broken the law. They don't take responsibility for their actions, so naturally they will blame the officers. They will blame everyone one but themselves. It's the name of the game. Hope you are having a great weekend.

“Yum Chocolate!”

Level 8

Location hidden

#37 May 25, 2008
Hey Hey Paula wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi CK:
Most of the posts putting officers down come from people that have broken the law. They don't take responsibility for their actions, so naturally they will blame the officers. They will blame everyone one but themselves. It's the name of the game. Hope you are having a great weekend.
Hey Paula, I would have to agree with you. Can't see any other reason why they would put them down. But you know they would still call them if they needed help. I think they are all full of it.

Anyway, I am having a good weekend. Hope you are doing well any plans for tomorrow?

Jax

#38 May 25, 2008
Chatty Kathy wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Paula, I would have to agree with you. Can't see any other reason why they would put them down. But you know they would still call them if they needed help. I think they are all full of it.
Anyway, I am having a good weekend. Hope you are doing well any plans for tomorrow?
You are correct about them calling for an officer. There have been cases when someone would call the police when they were sold fake drugs. They will call for all kinds of crazy reasons too. Like if they need a ride to the beauty parlor or the rain is flooding their house. It's a crazy world we live in. We are talking about a picnic. That is if I don't stay up too late posting. How about you?

“Yum Chocolate!”

Level 8

Location hidden

#39 May 25, 2008
Hey Hey Paula wrote:
<quoted text>
You are correct about them calling for an officer. There have been cases when someone would call the police when they were sold fake drugs. They will call for all kinds of crazy reasons too. Like if they need a ride to the beauty parlor or the rain is flooding their house. It's a crazy world we live in. We are talking about a picnic. That is if I don't stay up too late posting. How about you?
We are going to my husband's parents house for dinner but not much more than that. The weather is good for a picnic it was really nice today. If you decide to have a picnic I hope the weather is good for you.

“Purple girl in a purple world”

Level 8

Plum, Purplonia

#40 May 25, 2008
If anything, I think I respect lady cops more. They seem more understanding and talk less shit. However, I respect anyone with a gun and a badge.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Thousands of demonstrators protest Trump in Atl... 7 min Democrat 1,533
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 20 min I liked him 71,433
News Bizarre finish has Raptors crying foul after lo... 28 min AtlantaPharts 160
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 31 min wichita-rick 211,698
News College Football Star Arrested On Public Intoxi... 46 min StarPhartzz 2
Why Won't Men Admit They Wear Pantyhose? (Feb '10) 1 hr Mandy 344
Word Association (Mar '10) 1 hr Ship 21,861
Who Are You Missing Today? (Feb '12) 1 hr Enzo49 413
What Turns You Off? 4 hr Brandiiiiiiii 440
More from around the web