California school district monitors kids' social media

Sep 16, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: KSDK-TV Saint Louis

A Southern California school district is trying to stop cyberbullying by watching what students post on social media sites like Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 11 of11

“My Bad! Just hold me. ”

Level 9

Since: Aug 07

Orion's Belt

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2013

Suck it up, cupcakes. A new day has dawned.

“Forehead wrinkle”

Since: Dec 10

Homefries

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2013

Ah yes, educators being "paid well" to surf the web........nice.

“Proud White Woman for life!”

Level 8

Since: Apr 09

Spotted World

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2013

Judged:

DILF wrote:
Yes, and paid to monitor girls' photos. Anything that arouses the educators gets suspension.

I think it is immoral and wrong for teachers to care what kids type at home on their parents' computers. What about bullying? Well, that is a matter directly between the families involved, the police, and the court system. So my issue is mostly jurisdictional, with some emphasis on freedom of speech. I don't want to see another Megan Meier case, and some of the online stuff is quite vicious, but if it takes place off of school grounds, it should not be their concern. And if it sinks to threats on faculty or against the school, just call the cops, don't try to handle it in-house.

Really, I think what should be done in cases like this would be to use false ID. The parents could help them create false profiles online for the purpose of privacy and staying out of trouble, but not to harass.

Level 8

Spotted World

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2013

Judged:

DC tells it like it is wrote:
Suck it up, cupcakes. A new day has dawned.
Kids shouldn't be forced to suck anything... ;-)

“My Bad! Just hold me. ”

Level 9

Since: Aug 07

Orion's Belt

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2013

Spotted Girl wrote:
<quoted text>
Kids shouldn't be forced to suck anything... ;-)
Nor should adults in America. But yet....

As said...new day dawning. Best for the young to get use to their tomorrow. Need to start somewhere. As if...

Level 8

Spotted World

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2013

DC tells it like it is wrote:
<quoted text>
Nor should adults in America. But yet....
As said...new day dawning. Best for the young to get use to their tomorrow. Need to start somewhere. As if...
Yes, an oversight on my part while dipping into the gutter of my mind.

Level 8

Spotted World

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2013

Judged:

Really, parents should be encouraged to get more involved and do their jobs. I read where a mom's diligence got 4-5 teens arrested. Something happened at school where this White girl's illegal Latino boyfriend got in trouble for the drugs he was selling. Then the girlfriend fingered the wrong kid as the snitch, and called in several of her friends, and he had no clue that 4-5 teens were online conspiring to kill him. Luckily, his mother found the plot against him online and called the police.

That was so dumb! Trying to plot a murder online, and they were after someone who didn't even inform on dealer. I don't know what kind of sk*nk falls in love with someone as trashy and violent as a drug dealer in the first place. And then trying to get others to kill someone for getting them in trouble for what they actually were doing wrong. Is getting your insides reamed out daily worth trying to kill over? But I guess she will get plenty of that in juvie. I don't see any particular person's genitals as worth it.

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2013

DILF wrote:
just like the rest of us?
lol

:0

“Forehead wrinkle”

Homefries

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2013

PFfff wrote:
<quoted text>
just like the rest of us?
lol
:0
You got it!!!!.....lol

But I don't get paid by local tax monies......and I don't get summers off!!!

Hey wait a minute, what if a kid gets bullied during the summer? What teacher will be monitoring this?
sushant

Satellite Provider

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2013

Hii

“Forehead wrinkle”

Homefries

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2013

sushant wrote:
Hii
Hi.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 11 of11
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••