You want fries on that?

“No time like the present”

Since: Jul 08

to make it happen!

#21 Aug 29, 2013
A Noted Observer wrote:
<quoted text>Really. And men and women didn't have to give blood, sweat, tears and their lives to get proper compensation from those greedy batsards? Do you believe they GAVE workers a a 40 hour work week, overtime, safe working conditions, etc. and voluntarily ended child labor, out of the goodness of their hearts? And they are so happy to be properly compensating their employees for an honest days work that they take every chance they get to move their businesses to 3rd world countries where they have NO labor laws and spend millions in this country to combat labor laws here? That's the greedy batsards I'm talking about. Who are you talking about?
Now don't go rewriting history - you can thank Clinton's signing of NAFTA for most of the manufacturing base that has left this country. Of course, you "intellectuals" (ho ho ho) have the gorillas working with the teamsters thinking it's all the republicans fault.

to make it happen!

#22 Aug 29, 2013
A Noted Observer wrote:
<quoted text>Really. And men and women didn't have to give blood, sweat, tears and their lives to get proper compensation from those greedy batsards? Do you believe they GAVE workers a a 40 hour work week, overtime, safe working conditions, etc. and voluntarily ended child labor, out of the goodness of their hearts? And they are so happy to be properly compensating their employees for an honest days work that they take every chance they get to move their businesses to 3rd world countries where they have NO labor laws and spend millions in this country to combat labor laws here? That's the greedy batsards I'm talking about. Who are you talking about?
Is this where you chime in and say it's all Bush's fault?

You are so predictable. Get a job.
A Noted Observer

Rolling Meadows, IL

#23 Aug 29, 2013
Well, three answers to one post! I can see I've found a very needy 'tard. That's a shame....
A Noted Observer

Rolling Meadows, IL

#24 Aug 29, 2013
Make that FOUR answers....

to make it happen!

#25 Aug 29, 2013
A Noted Observer wrote:
GUFFAW! I win.

to make it happen!

#26 Aug 29, 2013
YOu see kids, here's the lesson - when you have a libtard on the ropes they always resort to name calling because that's all they got left.

GUFFAW!

to make it happen!

#27 Aug 29, 2013
A Noted Observer wrote:
Well I could have packed them into one long boring, unparagraphed block of nonsense, but I chose to take pride in my work and make it easier for the reader to follow.

“Greybox Rambler”

Level 5

Since: Feb 13

In the woods...

#28 Aug 29, 2013
Dr_Dirty wrote:
<quoted text>
Is this where you chime in and say it's all Bush's fault?
You are so predictable. Get a job.
Get a job..

GET A JOB...!!!

Oh my god your asking him to... GET A JOB!!!!

NEVER HAPPEN GI....
wife of 10 years

Rolling Meadows, IL

#29 Aug 29, 2013
Come to bed, daddy dirty!

to make it happen!

#30 Aug 29, 2013
wife of 10 years wrote:
Come to bed, daddy dirty!
GUFFAW!

“A *wink* and a smile!!”

Level 8

Since: Apr 10

USA

#31 Aug 30, 2013
No matter what job you do I think you should fairly get compensated for that job.

It's not fair for these companies to make millions of dollars of profit on the backs of the ones who are out there busting their azz to try to live on the sucky pay they get.

As for prices going up if min. wage does study show thats not so and if by chance it did it would be minimal..

A happy worker, one paid well and one appreciated is a productive worker..
Chilli Ferrari

Fremont, CA

#32 Aug 30, 2013
Ohio Cowgirl wrote:
No matter what job you do I think you should fairly get compensated for that job.
It's not fair for these companies to make millions of dollars of profit on the backs of the ones who are out there busting their azz to try to live on the sucky pay they get.
As for prices going up if min. wage does study show thats not so and if by chance it did it would be minimal..
A happy worker, one paid well and one appreciated is a productive worker..
So, start a business and then come back and talk to us about "fair". Amazing how many people think that businesses are only in it to be non-profit agencies. If you don't like your compensation, do something about it. train yourself, start a biz if you think it's so easy to "make millions" and then YOU have every right to pay entry level workers $30 per hour if you want. But don't dictate what's "fair" until you have done all that.

“A *wink* and a smile!!”

Level 8

USA

#34 Aug 30, 2013
Chilli Ferrari wrote:
<quoted text>
So, start a business and then come back and talk to us about "fair". Amazing how many people think that businesses are only in it to be non-profit agencies. If you don't like your compensation, do something about it. train yourself, start a biz if you think it's so easy to "make millions" and then YOU have every right to pay entry level workers $30 per hour if you want. But don't dictate what's "fair" until you have done all that.
First of all honey I've been on both ends of this. I have worked for and managed businesses and I own MY OWN Real Estate business.

So get down off that high horse before somebody knocks you off of it.

“A *wink* and a smile!!”

Level 8

USA

#35 Aug 30, 2013
GenOmazing wrote:
<quoted text>I think you misunderstood her. CEO compensations have HUGELY increased over the past 20 years. that an all the VP cronies with sketchy titles that sit alongside him. A CEO today makes 20x more than a CEO in the 70s' did. The workers compensation hasn't increased the same.
So, the guy working the min wage job, where his productivity dollars are funneled up to the CEO rather than appropriately reinvesting into the business in say the work force's salary scale, insurance or profit sharing programs etc, is in essence the backbone these guys trample on.
Well put my friend. As always I can't count on you to tell it as it is.

It always amazes me when a person makes a comment the response is from a loser who thinks they know something about the one making the comment.
PDX Dave

Portland, OR

#37 Aug 30, 2013
I seem to remember back (more years than I care to think about) when "burger joint jobs" were meant to be summer employment for high school kids, or that first job after graduation before you either went to college, or got a real job somewhere. They were never meant to be something to live on, let alone support your family! Hmmmm... I wonder what aid happy meal will cost after they get their $15 an hour pay raise.

“A *wink* and a smile!!”

Level 8

USA

#40 Aug 30, 2013
PDX Dave wrote:
I seem to remember back (more years than I care to think about) when "burger joint jobs" were meant to be summer employment for high school kids, or that first job after graduation before you either went to college, or got a real job somewhere. They were never meant to be something to live on, let alone support your family! Hmmmm... I wonder what aid happy meal will cost after they get their $15 an hour pay raise.
I see your point here and also senoirs have worked there to supplement there income but......

these are different times we live in. With the recession and the slow recovery ppl are working wherever they can get a job.

If the min. wage goes up it won't make the big of a difference so economist say.

And here's the thing, if the wage goes up and your favorite fast food place raises it prices.. DON'T GO THERE!! They will drop them back down. It's all about supply and demand.

Those fat cats who make millions off of their workers don't need to line their packets anymore...TAKE A STAND!!!!!

Cook something healthy at home.........

“A *wink* and a smile!!”

Level 8

USA

#41 Aug 30, 2013
Pockets ^^^^
A Noted Observer

Hoffman Estates, IL

#42 Aug 30, 2013
Chilli Ferrari wrote:
<quoted text>
How's the troll business working for you, empire builder?
A Noted Observer

Hoffman Estates, IL

#43 Aug 30, 2013
GenOmazing wrote:
<quoted text>I think you misunderstood her. CEO compensations have HUGELY increased over the past 20 years. that an all the VP cronies with sketchy titles that sit alongside him. A CEO today makes 20x more than a CEO in the 70s' did. The workers compensation hasn't increased the same.
So, the guy working the min wage job, where his productivity dollars are funneled up to the CEO rather than appropriately reinvesting into the business in say the work force's salary scale, insurance or profit sharing programs etc, is in essence the backbone these guys trample on.
Well said!

Blue_Eye_Gemini
Level 6

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#44 Aug 30, 2013
No fries please!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Denny Crain's Place (May '10) 6 min Paisley_Posey 24,991
6 letter word ...change one letter game (Oct '08) 31 min SweLL GirL 33,449
Post "ANY WORD" that comes to mind! (Jul '12) 33 min andet1987 3,479
only TWO words! (Nov '08) 35 min andet1987 27,978
Fake book titles game (Feb '10) 38 min Parden Pard 4,652
WHAT???? A NEW word game? FOUR WORDS (Sep '08) 39 min andet1987 47,360
Last 3 Letters into 3 new words. (Dec '08) 42 min andet1987 62,179
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 1 hr Mustang GT Girl 221,936
What's for dinner? (Feb '12) 1 hr whatimeisit 9,304
Poll What are you thinking right now? (May '08) 1 hr Guess who 5,401
What turns you on ? (Aug '11) 3 hr Bar Fly_ok 2,963
More from around the web