of 3
Next Last

“= Always Thinking =”

Level 8

Since: Nov 12

Greensburg, IN

#1 Aug 29, 2013
Fast food workers walk-a-bout

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/video/fast-food-str...

“A *wink* and a smile!!”

Level 8

Since: Apr 10

USA

#2 Aug 29, 2013
No...... a salad and a raise..to go please.

“Somewhere within...”

Level 4

Since: Jul 13

...the Topix mainframe.

#3 Aug 29, 2013
Always push the fries.

“If you're happy & you know it”

Level 7

Since: Feb 13

clap your hands!

#4 Aug 29, 2013
Yes I want fries and I want sweet n sour sauce to dip them in.

Fast food isn't meant to be a career, it's a job meant for kids just entering the work world to gain experience and a bit of a work history. If they want raises, they should get educated and get better jobs.
sally

Euless, TX

#5 Aug 29, 2013
Go to school and get educated! Plenty of programs available. Fast food prices are high enough, imagine paying $40 for two burger meals? Go to school!

“= Always Thinking =”

Level 8

Since: Nov 12

Greensburg, IN

#6 Aug 29, 2013
When you see how they operate in my town they're already getting payed too much. Many are ungroomed,
sloppy, go to the restroom and leave without washing their hands and move slower than I do.
The 'local 'McDonalds'- ever try to eat that stuff cold?
Sign of the times...
sally

Euless, TX

#7 Aug 29, 2013
Hoosier Hillbilly wrote:
When you see how they operate in my town they're already getting payed too much. Many are ungroomed,
sloppy, go to the restroom and leave without washing their hands and move slower than I do.
The 'local 'McDonalds'- ever try to eat that stuff cold?
Sign of the times...
Send them to Syria. Now lets see who changes their mind.

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#8 Aug 29, 2013
Ohio Cowgirl wrote:
No...... a salad and a raise..to go please.
Couldn't the samething be said for those who work in the grocery industry??? Believe me...they don't make $15.00 an hour either...
Some are union..some are not...but from what I hear...those who work for stores with Unions..don't have it much better..

btw if these wages do go up...be prepared to pay higher prices...

“No time like the present”

Since: Jul 08

to make it happen!

#9 Aug 29, 2013
I applaud anyone who wants to do an honest day's work. Whether it's a burger flipper or an airline pilot.

I do however, as a manager myself, expect those who work for me to do the best job they can regardless of their compensation. I expect nothing that I'm not willing to put forth myself. It's called pride in a job well done, regardless of the task put in front of you.

I am reminded of a quote from Martin Luther King Jr:

“If a man is called to be a street sweeper, he should sweep streets even as Michelangelo painted, or Beethoven composed music, or Shakespeare wrote poetry. He should sweep streets so well that all the hosts of heaven and earth will pause to say, here lived a great street sweeper who did his job well.”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#10 Aug 29, 2013
Dr_Dirty wrote:
I applaud anyone who wants to do an honest day's work. Whether it's a burger flipper or an airline pilot.
I do however, as a manager myself, expect those who work for me to do the best job they can regardless of their compensation. I expect nothing that I'm not willing to put forth myself. It's called pride in a job well done, regardless of the task put in front of you.
I am reminded of a quote from Martin Luther King Jr:
“If a man is called to be a street sweeper, he should sweep streets even as Michelangelo painted, or Beethoven composed music, or Shakespeare wrote poetry. He should sweep streets so well that all the hosts of heaven and earth will pause to say, here lived a great street sweeper who did his job well.”
Dr. Dirty, Not all managers are as respectful of their employees as you have written...
A Noted Observer

La Grange, IL

#11 Aug 29, 2013
Marissa 2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Couldn't the samething be said for those who work in the grocery industry??? Believe me...they don't make $15.00 an hour either...
Some are union..some are not...but from what I hear...those who work for stores with Unions..don't have it much better..
btw if these wages do go up...be prepared to pay higher prices...
By the way, expect prices to go up even if the minimum wage stays the same or- as the corporations hope- the minimum wage is eliminated. Savings WILL NOT be passed on to the consumers. "savings" cut into profits. These greedy batsards want nothing more than to eliminate the minimum so that they can pay LESS and pocket even more. You will NOT see that reflected in a price drop on Big Macs.

to make it happen!

#12 Aug 29, 2013
Marissa 2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Dr. Dirty, Not all managers are as respectful of their employees as you have written...
Indeed and my regional manager fits that description but I don't debase myself because of what someone else says to me as my boss. In other words, I'm not working to satisfy their needs, I'm working to satisfy mine. I do my job as well as I can for ME.

And if I got tired of the boss I worked for, the wonderful thing about this country is that I can pick up and move on any time I want. My boss owes nothing more than a day's pay for a day's work and I owe him nothing more than the opposite.

to make it happen!

#13 Aug 29, 2013
A Noted Observer wrote:
<quoted text>By the way, expect prices to go up even if the minimum wage stays the same or- as the corporations hope- the minimum wage is eliminated. Savings WILL NOT be passed on to the consumers. "savings" cut into profits. These greedy batsards want nothing more than to eliminate the minimum so that they can pay LESS and pocket even more. You will NOT see that reflected in a price drop on Big Macs.
Ah yes, the tired old "greedy, evil, big business" thing.

Yawn.
A Noted Observer

La Grange, IL

#14 Aug 29, 2013
Dr_Dirty wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah yes, the tired old "greedy, evil, big business" thing.
Yawn.
Tried and true!

to make it happen!

#15 Aug 29, 2013
A Noted Observer wrote:
<quoted text>Tried and true!
And yet...look at all the cars, houses, boats, RVs and dirt bikes us po' folk have purchased in the last 100 years by working for those "greedy bastards" who pay their employees next to nothing and keep all that profit for themselves and their cigar chomping, scotch drinking good ol' boys!

GUFFAW!

“Greybox Rambler”

Level 5

Since: Feb 13

In the woods...

#16 Aug 29, 2013
A Noted Observer wrote:
<quoted text>By the way, expect prices to go up even if the minimum wage stays the same or- as the corporations hope- the minimum wage is eliminated. Savings WILL NOT be passed on to the consumers. "savings" cut into profits. These greedy batsards want nothing more than to eliminate the minimum so that they can pay LESS and pocket even more. You will NOT see that reflected in a price drop on Big Macs.
All I'm going to say is sooner or later your lose suction on that lip lock...and god help ya, your head is going to bang hard again't the bottom of 'ol Bammie's desk...

to make it happen!

#17 Aug 29, 2013
I've never understood how it became a business's responsibility to dumb down the payroll to an employee's entry level skills instead of the employee's responsibility to learn, train and smarten up to a bigger check.
A Noted Observer

La Grange, IL

#18 Aug 29, 2013
Dr_Dirty wrote:
<quoted text>
And yet...look at all the cars, houses, boats, RVs and dirt bikes us po' folk have purchased in the last 100 years by working for those "greedy bastards" who pay their employees next to nothing and keep all that profit for themselves and their cigar chomping, scotch drinking good ol' boys!
GUFFAW!
Really. And men and women didn't have to give blood, sweat, tears and their lives to get proper compensation from those greedy batsards? Do you believe they GAVE workers a a 40 hour work week, overtime, safe working conditions, etc. and voluntarily ended child labor, out of the goodness of their hearts? And they are so happy to be properly compensating their employees for an honest days work that they take every chance they get to move their businesses to 3rd world countries where they have NO labor laws and spend millions in this country to combat labor laws here? That's the greedy batsards I'm talking about. Who are you talking about?

to make it happen!

#19 Aug 29, 2013
A Noted Observer wrote:
<quoted text>Really. And men and women didn't have to give blood, sweat, tears and their lives to get proper compensation from those greedy batsards? Do you believe they GAVE workers a a 40 hour work week, overtime, safe working conditions, etc. and voluntarily ended child labor, out of the goodness of their hearts? And they are so happy to be properly compensating their employees for an honest days work that they take every chance they get to move their businesses to 3rd world countries where they have NO labor laws and spend millions in this country to combat labor laws here? That's the greedy batsards I'm talking about. Who are you talking about?
I'm talking about the present, which era are you talking about?

to make it happen!

#20 Aug 29, 2013
A Noted Observer wrote:
<quoted text>Really. And men and women didn't have to give blood, sweat, tears and their lives to get proper compensation from those greedy batsards? Do you believe they GAVE workers a a 40 hour work week, overtime, safe working conditions, etc. and voluntarily ended child labor, out of the goodness of their hearts? And they are so happy to be properly compensating their employees for an honest days work that they take every chance they get to move their businesses to 3rd world countries where they have NO labor laws and spend millions in this country to combat labor laws here? That's the greedy batsards I'm talking about. Who are you talking about?
How many people on welfare have ever given you a job?(Assuming you;ve ever had one.)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 9 min pusherman_ 151,114
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 11 min Ooogah Boogah 127,885
Change-Six-Of-Six-Letters....Fun Game! 12 min Turkey 383
Economic Blockade 16 min Hoosier Hillbilly 1
Ferguson Grand Jury Reaches Decision 18 min Enter Username 304
Turkey pardons Turkey 22 min Hoosier Hillbilly 1
Create "short sentences using the last word" (Aug '12) 26 min andet1987 7,353
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 44 min Deer Whisperer 37,494
Bill Cosby 45 min Mitt s Airtight D... 230
Woman Arrested For $6400 Sausage Heist 2 hr Capn Greg 14