Death Panels

“Pillars of Creation....”

Level 4

Since: Jan 11

Into this world we're thrown

#125 Oct 23, 2013
Chilli J wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, I'm partisan, but you're not? Nah, I just don't make excuses for political Neanderthals!
So Bush 43 "warned of the disaster well ahead of 2008?" Let's listen to what he said on 05/17/02 in the link below. Yes, Bush 43, home ownership "pusher"; whose administration adopted policies encouraging loose home lending; resulting in multiple home ownership by folks who could only pay off their home loans if home prices continued to rise; directly causing the home value bubble and in our financial crisis!
That Bush 43? Yeah, I though so! His policies created any financial crisis, so even if he "warned" Congress later about the mess he'd made, do even you believe that absolves him of his actions? Thanks for providing no site for your prior "Bush warned Congress" claim. I don't expect a lucid reply from you or Goon and I'll accept your non-response to this as a confirmation that you were once again wrong!
You have a great day!:)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =kNqQx7sjoS8XX
Why should I waste my time?

Its 2013 and you still blame Bush for the crash.....I'm not guessing your in the tank. The fact that you think its Bush's fault proves that.

You also have a good day..........

Ne York Times and Rolling Stone. The NYT article is the one that really points out Bush's warnings all the while trying to demean him. It is kind of hilarious. The Rolling Stone Article is just a good in depth article that explains how both sides were to blame.

Let me just add this also. I find it kind of funny how liberals will say how cold and uncaring cons are to the poor. That cons just look out for the rich. Yet here we find you holding on dearly to the fact that it was Bush who was looking out for the poor. Trying to get them into housing by relaxing the laws. Doesnt make much sense does it. Typical lib though talking out of both sides of the mouth.......

“If it ain't broke don't fix it”

Level 9

Since: Jul 09

Arcadia, LA.

#126 Oct 23, 2013
arctic wrote:
<quoted text>
Doesn't it feel like today Should be Friday????
(the week is just half over and I'm ready for it to end already)
Thankfully, tomorrow is my TGIF. Headed to the mountains on the WV border for some camping and fishing Friday and Saturday. Not sure if I should be excited; suppose to be down in the 20's those nights. Brrrrrr!
con me once

Buffalo, NY

#128 Oct 23, 2013
Rider on the Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
Its 2013 and you still blame Bush for the crash.....I'm not guessing your in the tank. The fact that you think its Bush's fault proves that.
Ne York Times and Rolling Stone. The NYT article is the one that really points out Bush's warnings all the while trying to demean him. It is kind of hilarious. The Rolling Stone Article is just a good in depth article that explains how both sides were to blame.
Let me just add this also. I find it kind of funny how liberals will say how cold and uncaring cons are to the poor. That cons just look out for the rich. Yet here we find you holding on dearly to the fact that it was Bush who was looking out for the poor. Trying to get them into housing by relaxing the laws. Doesnt make much sense does it. Typical lib though talking out of both sides of the mouth.......
This horseshite makes no sense. How can someone who created a financial panic then be canonized for warning us all? wake TFU

“So it's not you, It's them?”

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#129 Oct 23, 2013
<quoted text>
So Bush's policies extolled the virtues of home ownership, but warned us about the coming crisis AFTER that? Hahaha! What good would that have done if he had? You believe in letting horses out of the barn AFTER the fire burns out, right? You Bush apologists are very funny, yet sad! I have major Obama issues, but I've admitted I have them.

Thanks for confirming above your cluelessness on how Bush's loose home ownership lending policies resulted in the housing crash and how CON post-'09, near-traitorous/treasonous "all things Nobama" stonewalling on any/all significant legislation, hobbled our economic recovery. Please provide a prior where I said he was looking out for the poor?

Bush 43 was looking out only for some of his biggest contributors, those Mega banks. "Typical lib..." Keep up that assuming and/or labelling others here! Have a great one!*grin*

“"*" Always Thinking "*"”

Level 8

Since: Nov 12

Greensburg, IN

#130 Oct 23, 2013
Bush was a low-life greedy self gratifying oil rich baron bent on getting what he wanted at any price that's why he demolished the towers.

He said; I need war to get richer, this should do it!

Level 4

#131 Oct 23, 2013
Chilli J wrote:
<quoted text>
So Bush's policies extolled the virtues of home ownership, but warned us about the coming crisis AFTER that? Hahaha! What good would that have done if he had? You believe in letting horses out of the barn AFTER the fire burns out, right? You Bush apologists are very funny, yet sad! I have major Obama issues, but I've admitted I have them.
Thanks for confirming above your cluelessness on how Bush's loose home ownership lending policies resulted in the housing crash and how CON post-'09, near-traitorous/treasonous "all things Nobama" stonewalling on any/all significant legislation, hobbled our economic recovery. Please provide a prior where I said he was looking out for the poor?
Bush 43 was looking out only for some of his biggest contributors, those Mega banks. "Typical lib..." Keep up that assuming and/or labelling others here! Have a great one!*grin*
Thanks for telling EVERYONE here your clueless. These aren't Bush policies!! Clinton enacted them, they were the plan of some dems and reps. Clinton signed them into law. Bush warned Congress they were dangerous.

Once again fact and this post shows you are still clueless 5 years after the fact. I can only guess because of your hardline affiliation with liberals.

You been caught Chili. Bush tried to warn Congress, Clinton actually set the ball in motion........

Level 9

Arcadia, LA.

#132 Oct 23, 2013
Hoosier Hillbilly wrote:
Bush was a low-life greedy self gratifying oil rich baron bent on getting what he wanted at any price that's why he demolished the towers.
Huh?

Level 9

Arcadia, LA.

#133 Oct 23, 2013
con me once wrote:
<quoted text>This horseshite makes no sense. How can someone who created a financial panic then be canonized for warning us all? wake TFU
How can someone that lied as much as he did (Obama) during both campaigns still have Ferrets willingly fluff him?

“We're all Bozos on this bus”

Since: Jan 07

Chicago, IL

#134 Oct 23, 2013
Hoosier Hillbilly wrote:
And the proof of that is how he used petroleum products to turn the towers into infernos so they would collapse.

Level 4

#135 Oct 23, 2013
We know the repeal of the Glass-Stegal act is what caused the crash. And even after what this country has and is now going through, this administration wont reenact the bill.

Instead they wrote another bill, and said this wont stop it from happening again. Economists agree, saying it is sure to happen again, and what have we seen so far? Banks doing the same practices that got us here after the repeal.

Who should our anger be directed at? Bush? Or this administration who knows what the problem is, has seen the devastating effects of this problem and yet fails to go far enough to protect us from this happening again?

The answer is obvious to me. Apparently not so much to others. I cant wait to hear the excuses for Obama on this one......What excuse do you have for him Chili?

“"*" Always Thinking "*"”

Level 8

Since: Nov 12

Greensburg, IN

#136 Oct 23, 2013
Bush or Obama neither one give a damn about 'human lives' they represent pons in the game to protect their own greedy interests and advance their Narcissistic objectives.
It's time you woke up to the real world as it is now, everything is not going to be alright unless you do.
Just pay attention to how they treat our veterans,
what services they're offering to them, what their
severance pay was and how they are showing their appreciation for all the grief and suffering they put them thru.
beatlesinthebog

Auckland, New Zealand

#137 Oct 23, 2013
Hoosier Hillbilly wrote:
Bush or Obama neither one give a damn about 'human lives' they represent pons in the game to protect their own greedy interests and advance their Narcissistic objectives.
It's time you woke up to the real world as it is now, everything is not going to be alright unless you do.
Just pay attention to how they treat our veterans,
what services they're offering to them, what their
severance pay was and how they are showing their appreciation for all the grief and suffering they put them thru.
Pray you don't get me on 'your' panel when the time comes,'billy!

Level 9

Location hidden

#138 Oct 23, 2013
<quoted text>
Thanks for telling EVERYONE here your clueless. These aren't Bush policies!! Clinton enacted them, they were the plan of some dems and reps. Clinton signed them into law. Bush warned Congress they were dangerous.
Once again fact and this post shows you are still clueless 5 years after the fact. I can only guess because of your hardline affiliation with liberals.
You been caught Chili. Bush tried to warn Congress, Clinton actually set the ball in motion........
Bush 43 is on tape, in the link I provided, but "warned Congress" that "Clinton's policies were dangerous?" Okay! Did Bush 43 "warn Congress" that the policies were dangerous BEFORE or AFTER he said glowing, positive things about them, on tape? Thanks for confirming that you agree Bush 43 routinely lied to Congress and/or to us!:)

I'm caught? At telling the truth? Did Bush believe anything he said to us or not? Take your time... You'll need plenty of it to explain if Bush lied on the link or to Congress? I'd suggest that you might want to just stop digging that factual hole that you've put yourself in, but what the hey! Dig away! Here's a brand new shovel for you!

Level 4

#139 Oct 23, 2013
Chilli J wrote:
<quoted text>
Bush 43 is on tape, in the link I provided, but "warned Congress" that "Clinton's policies were dangerous?" Okay! Did Bush 43 "warn Congress" that the policies were dangerous BEFORE or AFTER he said glowing, positive things about them, on tape? Thanks for confirming that you agree Bush 43 routinely lied to Congress and/or to us!:)
I'm caught? At telling the truth? Did Bush believe anything he said to us or not? Take your time... You'll need plenty of it to explain if Bush lied on the link or to Congress? I'd suggest that you might want to just stop digging that factual hole that you've put yourself in, but what the hey! Dig away! Here's a brand new shovel for you!
You said they were Bush policies. its 2013 and you dont even know they were Clintons policies.

Lets look at OC. R's are trying to get it repealed because they know once its in place its virtually impossible to stop it. Bush tried to get Congress to put stiffer laws into place. 18 times just in the year 2008, but he had been trying long before that. Because Bush took advantage of what looked like a good thing. I'll blame him for that. But any POTUS is gonna do that, hell, any politician is gonna do that. Obama does it. They've all done it.

The facts are Clinton set this ball in motion and Bush tried to stop it. I know that doesnt fit into your box but those are the facts.

“To contract new debts...”

Level 6

Since: Apr 08

is not the way to pay old ones

#140 Oct 23, 2013
A noted observer wrote:
<quoted text>Except they don't call them "death panels", they can them "accountants". The clown thinks it's better when it's a financial decision made by anonymous individuals who really, deeply care about an insurance company's profits.
Whether it is a bean counter at Mass Mutual or a bean counter in Washington DC, the decision will still come down to money. In the end it will always come down to some accountant pulling the plug when it get's too expensive.

Level 9

Location hidden

#141 Oct 23, 2013
<quoted text>
You said they were Bush policies. its 2013 and you dont even know they were Clintons policies.
Lets look at OC. R's are trying to get it repealed because they know once its in place its virtually impossible to stop it. Bush tried to get Congress to put stiffer laws into place. 18 times just in the year 2008, but he had been trying long before that. Because Bush took advantage of what looked like a good thing. I'll blame him for that. But any POTUS is gonna do that, hell, any politician is gonna do that. Obama does it. They've all done it.
The facts are Clinton set this ball in motion and Bush tried to stop it. I know that doesnt fit into your box but those are the facts.
So Bush 43 pushed expanded home ownership toward the beginning of his administration and spoke glowingly about it in '02? Then he "warned" Congress sometime undetermined time after that, but you can't provide a link? You think that's okay, because "any politician is going to do that?" Hahaha! Nah! Once he bragged about it and pushed it, "he owned it!"

Here's another fundamental difference between you and I. CON, DEM, INDIE, TP politicians get no "pass" from me for lying. CONs and TPs obviously do from you. Is there anything Bush 43 or other CONs did that you can't offer a lame excuse for, or pretend didn't happen? That's a heaping, stinking load of manure you're trying to spread above!

If you apply the same, sliding morality scale in the R W, I hope you haven't had any kids!

“We're all Bozos on this bus”

Since: Jan 07

Chicago, IL

#142 Oct 23, 2013
Hunglo wrote:
<quoted text>Whether it is a bean counter at Mass Mutual or a bean counter in Washington DC, the decision will still come down to money. In the end it will always come down to some accountant pulling the plug when it get's too expensive.
There is a difference, though. An insurance company may say 'We aren't paying for that.' The government will say 'We aren't paying for that, we're gonna let every other tax payer pay it instead.'

“No time like the present”

Since: Jul 08

to make it happen!

#143 Oct 23, 2013
A noted observer wrote:
<quoted text>You should skip the free car and go for the brain transplant the government offers instead.
Must be what Obama got. Do you have any idea though, how many liberals you gotta kill to get one brain?
Dr Dorky

Kansas City, MO

#144 Oct 23, 2013
Dr_Dirty wrote:
<quoted text>
Must be what Obama got. Do you have any idea though, how many liberals you gotta kill to get one brain?
wasssup ya forken tard?

“Is Trump still POTUS?”

Since: Jun 08

..just so long as SHE isn't...

#145 Oct 23, 2013
...death panels might be ok....for some old folks it could be the only attention they have had for a while..........

=|

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
one word only (Jun '08) 3 min quilterqueen 56,047
* What makes me NERVOUS is...* (Oct '12) 4 min quilterqueen 985
What's one thing you appreciate in your life? (Apr '17) 5 min quilterqueen 592
Name something you shouldn't do naked .... (Mar '14) 6 min quilterqueen 600
6 letter word ...change one letter game (Oct '15) 7 min quilterqueen 489
Play "end of the word" (Nov '08) 11 min quilterqueen 26,922
3 Word Advice (Good or Bad) (Dec '14) 13 min CJ Rocker 6,257
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 23 min wichita-rick 224,578
Poll What are you thinking right now? (May '08) 25 min quilterqueen 6,450
Denny Crain's Place (May '10) 48 min Brandiiiiiiii 29,159