Death Panels
dodge n misdirect

France

#105 Oct 23, 2013
dragoon70056 wrote:
<quoted text>
Too lazy to look for yourself? Typical liberal.
That would be like looking for the tooth fairy. You're still on the clock liar.

“Pillars of Creation....”

Level 4

Since: Jan 11

Into this world we're thrown

#106 Oct 23, 2013
arctic wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL
You're crazy.
The only President MORE presidential was Kennedy.
As for the parties being farther apart....?...what do
you expect when half of the Rep party is acting like mules
balking reason and the other half is trying like hell to
back peddle and get as far away from tea party ideas as
they can.
The Reps are their own worst enemies and have been for
some time now.
No, I'm not crazy.

You forgot about the dems in your speach above..........
dodge n misdirect

France

#107 Oct 23, 2013
Chilli J wrote:
<quoted text>
So you can't provide a site / source? Would the imaginary "warning" Bush 43 gave on the impending financial disaster be anything like his "warning" about the evils of the expansion of home ownership in the link below? LOL It's okay to admit that you just make things up, Pinnochio! Many folks here already knew that you did! Have a good one!:)
"Bush drive for home ownership fueled housing bubble
By Jo Becker, Sheryl Gay Stolberg and Stephen Labaton
Published: Sunday, December 21, 2008
WASHINGTON — "We can put light where there's darkness, and hope where there's despondency in this country. And part of it is working together as a nation to encourage folks to own their own home."
- President George W. Bush, Oct. 15, 2002
The global financial system was teetering on the edge of collapse when Bush and his economics team huddled in the Roosevelt Room of the White House for a briefing that, in the words of one participant, "scared the hell out of everybody."
It was Sept. 18. Lehman Brothers had just gone belly-up, overwhelmed by toxic mortgages. Bank of America had swallowed Merrill Lynch in a hastily arranged sale. Two days earlier, Bush had agreed to pump $85 billion into the failing insurance giant American International Group.
The president listened as Ben Bernanke, chairman of the Federal Reserve, laid out the latest terrifying news: The credit markets, gripped by panic, had frozen overnight, and banks were refusing to lend money.
Then his Treasury secretary, Henry Paulson Jr., told him that to stave off disaster, he would have to sign off on the biggest government bailout in history. Bush, according to several people in the room, paused for a single, stunned moment to take it all in.
"How," he wondered aloud, "did we get here?"
Eight years after arriving in Washington vowing to spread the dream of home ownership, Bush is leaving office, as he himself said recently, "faced with the prospect of a global meltdown" with roots in the housing sector he so ardently championed..."
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/12/21/business/wo...
but but but that's not what goon in drag said yesterday?

“If it ain't broke don't fix it”

Level 9

Since: Jul 09

Arcadia, LA.

#108 Oct 23, 2013
dodge n misdirect wrote:
<quoted text>That would be like looking for the tooth fairy. You're still on the clock liar.
I get the feeling that seeking out fairies is a favorite pasttime of yours.

“Happiness is a warm gun”

Since: Nov 09

Hey Bungalow Bill, waddya kill

#109 Oct 23, 2013
dragoon70056 wrote:
<quoted text>
A hit piece by the NY Times? Bwhahahahaha. How very non-moderate of you.
cite please ... it's on you to do so.

#110 Oct 23, 2013
Rider on the Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
Your way off base on that. Bush warned of this disasterwell ahead of 2008 and asked Congress to fix it. I'm thinking your so partisan you wont listen to reason on this.
as with you; cite, please.

Level 9

Since: Nov 10

Powellton WV

#111 Oct 23, 2013
dragoon70056 wrote:
<quoted text>
About the same - work, work, work. LoL.
Doesn't it feel like today Should be Friday????

(the week is just half over and I'm ready for it to end already)

Level 4

#112 Oct 23, 2013
Deer Whisperer wrote:
<quoted text>
as with you; cite, please.
Its 2013!!! If you aren't aware of the facts by now, I'm not wasting my time. To blame Bush in 2013 you have to be so in the tank for your party there is no use me posting anything. Thats a fact.....

“We're all Bozos on this bus”

Since: Jan 07

Chicago, IL

#113 Oct 23, 2013
Chilli J wrote:
<quoted text>
So you can't provide a site / source? Would the imaginary "warning" Bush 43 gave on the impending financial disaster be anything like his "warning" about the evils of the expansion of home ownership in the link below? LOL It's okay to admit that you just make things up, Pinnochio! Many folks here already knew that you did! Have a good one!:)
"Bush drive for home ownership fueled housing bubble
By Jo Becker, Sheryl Gay Stolberg and Stephen Labaton
Published: Sunday, December 21, 2008
WASHINGTON — "We can put light where there's darkness, and hope where there's despondency in this country. And part of it is working together as a nation to encourage folks to own their own home."
- President George W. Bush, Oct. 15, 2002
The global financial system was teetering on the edge of collapse when Bush and his economics team huddled in the Roosevelt Room of the White House for a briefing that, in the words of one participant, "scared the hell out of everybody."
It was Sept. 18. Lehman Brothers had just gone belly-up, overwhelmed by toxic mortgages. Bank of America had swallowed Merrill Lynch in a hastily arranged sale. Two days earlier, Bush had agreed to pump $85 billion into the failing insurance giant American International Group.
The president listened as Ben Bernanke, chairman of the Federal Reserve, laid out the latest terrifying news: The credit markets, gripped by panic, had frozen overnight, and banks were refusing to lend money.
Then his Treasury secretary, Henry Paulson Jr., told him that to stave off disaster, he would have to sign off on the biggest government bailout in history. Bush, according to several people in the room, paused for a single, stunned moment to take it all in.
"How," he wondered aloud, "did we get here?"
Eight years after arriving in Washington vowing to spread the dream of home ownership, Bush is leaving office, as he himself said recently, "faced with the prospect of a global meltdown" with roots in the housing sector he so ardently championed..."
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/12/21/business/wo...
I'm trying to remember... Didn't something really big happen 1 year and 4 days prior to that day in 2002? Gosh, scratching my head. Something that essentially shut down all commerce and transportation. Oh, what was it? I remember it devastated the financial markets. Seems to me it involved airplanes and hijackers. Yeah, that was it.

And I just can't remember even one time when Bush blamed it on the other party or his predecessor.
A noted observer

Rolling Meadows, IL

#114 Oct 23, 2013
Deer Whisperer wrote:
<quoted text>
cite please ... it's on you to do so.
While they are busy, frantically emailing Alex Jones to try to get him compose a tweet about Bush trying to warm of the economic collapse his people orchestrated for fun and profit, i'd like to say "hey" and go on record as saying: "Red Sox in six."

#115 Oct 23, 2013
<quoted text>
Its 2013!!! If you aren't aware of the facts by now, I'm not wasting my time. To blame Bush in 2013 you have to be so in the tank for your party there is no use me posting anything. Thats a fact.....
uh huh.

#116 Oct 23, 2013
<quoted text>
AboveTopSecret ... and other "right-of-center" sources.

It ain't hard.

Level 4

#117 Oct 23, 2013
Uh Clem wrote:
<quoted text>

And I just can't remember even one time when Bush blamed it on the other party or his predecessor.
In that sense Bush was a class act. Even to this day he wont put down this administration, even with all the BS Obama puts on him.......

#118 Oct 23, 2013
A noted observer wrote:
<quoted text>While they are busy, frantically emailing Alex Jones to try to get him compose a tweet about Bush trying to warm of the economic collapse his people orchestrated for fun and profit, i'd like to say "hey" and go on record as saying: "Red Sox in six."
Nah... Cardinals in 6 or 7!

Level 4

#119 Oct 23, 2013
Deer Whisperer wrote:
<quoted text>
It ain't hard.
In the tank.....I'm not wastin my time.......

Level 4

#120 Oct 23, 2013
Deer Whisperer wrote:
<quoted text>
It ain't hard.
By thew way, if I was to waste my time. The sources are Rolling Stone and the New York Times. They both lean so far left I dont see how they dont fall over..........
A noted observer

Rolling Meadows, IL

#121 Oct 23, 2013
<quoted text>
Jimmy Carter was one of the finest presidents ever.

“So it's not you, It's them?”

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#122 Oct 23, 2013
<quoted text>
Your way off base on that. Bush warned of this disasterwell ahead of 2008 and asked Congress to fix it. I'm thinking your so partisan you wont listen to reason on this.
Oh, I'm partisan, but you're not? Nah, I just don't make excuses for political Neanderthals!

So Bush 43 "warned of the disaster well ahead of 2008?" Let's listen to what he said on 05/17/02 in the link below. Yes, Bush 43, home ownership "pusher"; whose administration adopted policies encouraging loose home lending; resulting in multiple home ownership by folks who could only pay off their home loans if home prices continued to rise; directly causing the home value bubble and in our financial crisis!

That Bush 43? Yeah, I though so! His policies created any financial crisis, so even if he "warned" Congress later about the mess he'd made, do even you believe that absolves him of his actions? Thanks for providing no site for your prior "Bush warned Congress" claim. I don't expect a lucid reply from you or Goon and I'll accept your non-response to this as a confirmation that you were once again wrong!

You have a great day!:)

“We're all Bozos on this bus”

Since: Jan 07

Chicago, IL

#123 Oct 23, 2013
Uh Clem wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm trying to remember... Didn't something really big happen 1 year and 4 days prior to that day in 2002? Gosh, scratching my head. Something that essentially shut down all commerce and transportation. Oh, what was it? I remember it devastated the financial markets. Seems to me it involved airplanes and hijackers. Yeah, that was it.
I'd like to point out that my arithmetic was not as smoothly calculated as I would have liked. No worry. It's just a small glitch. Nobody should be blamed for it.

#124 Oct 23, 2013
A noted observer wrote:
<quoted text>While they are busy, frantically emailing Alex Jones to try to get him compose a tweet about Bush trying to warm of the economic collapse his people orchestrated for fun and profit, i'd like to say "hey" and go on record as saying: "Red Sox in six."
BTW ... the hawk is here in middle-earth Indiana --- brrr.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who won the Presidential debate 2016 ? 8 min andet1987 42
Add a Word remove a Word (Oct '13) 11 min Poppyann 4,135
The last word in the sentence must rhyme with t... (Aug '15) 15 min andet1987 1,309
Last 3 Letters into 3 new words. (Dec '08) 17 min Poppyann 60,239
Word Association 2 (Sep '13) 17 min Bezeer 20,572
A six word game (Dec '08) 21 min Mustang GT Girl 20,166
What Turns You Off (Jun '11) 21 min Bad Bex 9,116
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 58 min streetglidehoney 61,545
Philly grey poster hangout 1 hr Spotted Girl 63
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 2 hr Princess Hey 200,972
More from around the web