Death Panels
A noted observer

Downers Grove, IL

#21 Oct 22, 2013
Rider on the Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama has gotten little disrespect compared to Bush.
But anyway what can a POTUS expect when he says things like >WE< won get over it. This PoTUS is no leader. Whatever happened to Hope and Change. He was going to bring the parties together and they've never been farther apart 5 years later.
Great. Another 2nd place finisher who thinks they won and can run things. Did you want a trophy?

You guys lost and instead of rebuilding with draft picks, you got reject free agents from the tea parties. That's your farm system. It's going to be a looooooong time before you people win again.

“Pillars of Creation....”

Level 4

Since: Jan 11

Into this world we're thrown

#22 Oct 22, 2013
A noted observer wrote:
<quoted text>Great. Another 2nd place finisher who thinks they won and can run things. Did you want a trophy?
You guys lost and instead of rebuilding with draft picks, you got reject free agents from the tea parties. That's your farm system. It's going to be a looooooong time before you people win again.
Your the biggest problem America faces right now. Its 'you guys' and 'your' and 'you people' when it should be: We the American people.
A noted observer

Downers Grove, IL

#23 Oct 22, 2013
<quoted text>
Your the biggest problem America faces right now. Its 'you guys' and 'your' and 'you people' when it should be: We the American people.
Oh! Maybe it was the birth certificate whining, the 42 votes to repeal healthcare, the constant whine of impeachment, the crying about gun rights being taken away without ANY action against them, the accusation of death panels and the etc. and etc. of all the reichwing crap you people have spewed since he got the nomination...that made me think you guys were hard cases. So, it was "us" along? If your(sic) looking in a mirror, that's true!

“We're all Bozos on this bus”

Since: Jan 07

United States

#24 Oct 22, 2013
A noted observer wrote:
<quoted text>Great. Another 2nd place finisher who thinks they won and can run things. Did you want a trophy?

Us guys are American citizens. Who are you guys on the other side?

“We're all Bozos on this bus”

Since: Jan 07

United States

#25 Oct 22, 2013
<quoted text>Your the biggest problem America faces right now. Its 'you guys' and 'your' and 'you people' when it should be: We the American people.
THIS!

Level 4

#26 Oct 22, 2013
A noted observer wrote:
<quoted text>Oh! Maybe it was the birth certificate whining, the 42 votes to repeal healthcare, the constant whine of impeachment, the crying about gun rights being taken away without ANY action against them, the accusation of death panels and the etc. and etc. of all the reichwing crap you people have spewed since he got the nomination...that made me think you guys were hard cases. So, it was "us" along? If your(sic) looking in a mirror, that's true!
I see my post went in one ear, picked up speed, and out the other......

Level 4

#27 Oct 22, 2013
Check into ACA and setting rates.

The government can set rates so ridiculously low that hospitals and doctors wont perform the procedures, basically insuring a death sentence for many seniors.

You should really open your eyes to this and not let your loyalties get in the way of what may come back to haunt you and/or your loved ones......

“So it's not you, It's them?”

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#28 Oct 22, 2013
Uh Clem wrote:
http://www.slate.com/articles/ news_and_politics/jurisprudenc e/2013/10/canada_has_death_pan els_and_that_s_a_good_thing.ht ml
Last week Canada’s Supreme Court ruled that doctors could not unilaterally ignore a Toronto family’s decision to keep their near-dead husband and father on life support. In the same breath, however, the court also confirmed that, under the laws of Ontario, Canada’s most populous province, a group of government-appointed adjudicators could yet overrule the family’s choice. That tribunal, not the family or the doctors, has the ultimate power to pull the plug.
In other words: Canada has death panels.
I use that term advisedly. Former Republican vice presidential candidate Sarah Palin made it famous in the summer of 2009, when Congress was fighting over whether to pass Obamacare. As Republicans and Democrats continue to spar over health care, we should pause to wonder why millions of Canadians have come to accept the functional equivalent of an idea that almost sank health care reform even though, in this country, it was imaginary.
-------
So, to those Obama supporters who like to say 'well Canada has done well with socialized healthcare', and 'there's no such thing as death panels'-- think again.
A vote of confidence from the far right for those compassionate life or death decision-makers at those benevolent, caring, non-mercenary health insurance companies? LOL The same benevolent, caring, non-mercenary insurance companies who brought you the practices of dumping their customers when they reached some arbitrary dollar amount and refused to insure folks with pre-existing conditions?

That you would find comfort in the right of an insured who had been denied a necessary procedure to file an appeal, file suit, whatever, while their condition worsens and their life drains out of them is just sad. Thanks for confirming that you have no actual R W experience dealing on a denied procedure with the greedy, mercenary, soulless ghouls on the average health insurance company's "death panel."
Fluffing Ferret

Virginia Beach, VA

#29 Oct 22, 2013
A noted observer wrote:
<quoted text>Oh! Maybe it was the birth certificate whining, the 42 votes to repeal healthcare, the constant whine of impeachment, the crying about gun rights being taken away without ANY action against them, the accusation of death panels and the etc. and etc. of all the reichwing crap you people have spewed since he got the nomination...that made me think you guys were hard cases. So, it was "us" along? If your(sic) looking in a mirror, that's true!
May it was the constant insistance that a Hispanic man who defended himself is a cracker.

Level 4

#30 Oct 22, 2013
Chilli J wrote:
<quoted text>
A vote of confidence from the far right for those compassionate life or death decision-makers at those benevolent, caring, non-mercenary health insurance companies? LOL The same benevolent, caring, non-mercenary insurance companies who brought you the practices of dumping their customers when they reached some arbitrary dollar amount and refused to insure folks with pre-existing conditions?
That you would find comfort in the right of an insured who had been denied a necessary procedure to file an appeal, file suit, whatever, while their condition worsens and their life drains out of them is just sad. Thanks for confirming that you have no actual R W experience dealing on a denied procedure with the greedy, mercenary, soulless ghouls on the average health insurance company's "death panel."
Insurance companies are a business. There in business to make money. At any rate now the insurance companies cant place a dollar limit or cap on your policy. Now insurance companies cant refuse you because of preexisting conditions. And now we see what that is gonna cost the American people.

On a personal level, that has cost me $3000.00 a year on a catostrophic policy. Over $4000.00 on a so called gold level plan. For me thats a steep price, because I cant afford those increases. The winner in all this is STILL the insurance companies. Dont think for a second Obama put them in their place. They go what they wanted, he got what he wanted.
A noted observer

Downers Grove, IL

#31 Oct 22, 2013
Chilli J wrote:
<quoted text>
THIS^!
Marco Polo Rubio

Kansas City, MO

#32 Oct 22, 2013
Don't worry I am working on a Tom Delay.
Ted Cruise

Kansas City, MO

#33 Oct 22, 2013
<quoted text>
Insurance companies are a business. There in business to make money. At any rate now the insurance companies cant place a dollar limit or cap on your policy. Now insurance companies cant refuse you because of preexisting conditions. And now we see what that is gonna cost the American people.
On a personal level, that has cost me $3000.00 a year on a catostrophic policy. Over $4000.00 on a so called gold level plan. For me thats a steep price, because I cant afford those increases. The winner in all this is STILL the insurance companies. Dont think for a second Obama put them in their place. They go what they wanted, he got what he wanted.
You could ride to Cuba

Level 4

#34 Oct 22, 2013
Ted Cruise wrote:
<quoted text>You could ride to Cuba
Or I could just give up. Throw in the towel. Roll over. Take my ball and go home.

I could get free HC then, And food stamps, housing. I understand from auto mechanic, the gov will even buy you a car now and allow you so much for repairs, ins. and gas.

Nah, it just aint in me.......... I may just have to pay the fine and hope nothing happens.
A noted observer

Downers Grove, IL

#35 Oct 22, 2013
<quoted text>
Or I could just give up. Throw in the towel. Roll over. Take my ball and go home.
I could get free HC then, And food stamps, housing. I understand from auto mechanic, the gov will even buy you a car now and allow you so much for repairs, ins. and gas.
Nah, it just aint in me.......... I may just have to pay the fine and hope nothing happens.
You should skip the free car and go for the brain transplant the government offers instead.
Writer on the scorn

Kansas City, MO

#36 Oct 22, 2013
<quoted text>
All that "free" money is trickling into the market. So are the huge earned income credit rebates in January and February. Think of all the Big Macs, Whoppers, phones, Hondas, frappacinos, beds, beers and weed that wouldn't be sold otherwise.
Dragoon suckscork

Kansas City, MO

#37 Oct 22, 2013
but we already knew this

“So it's not you, It's them?”

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#38 Oct 22, 2013
<quoted text>
Of course they are! Your arguments above appear to deflect blame, in that they assume that insurance companies aren't highly-compelled, monetarily, to delay and/or deny whatever procedure they think they can get away with and that they seem to confirm that you're willing to place all of the blame on the ACA and none of it on the insurer!

You see your premiums go up and you give the health insurance company a free pass on their pricing bump. As if you or I could rely on your average health insurance company to seek the minimum premium increase that they might need to accurately offset their projected increase in expenses. You also seem to give health care providers a free pass.

Many hospitals, instead of specializing in this care and that, insist on having the very latest, newest equipment, at great expense. They pass that expense on to you and me, on doctor visits, lab work, X-rays, etc. So hospital's soup-to-nuts mission statements and their poor planning adds to healthcare costs and drives premiums up too.
sign in stranger

France

#39 Oct 22, 2013
Chilli J wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course they are! Your arguments above appear to deflect blame, in that they assume that insurance companies aren't highly-compelled, monetarily, to delay and/or deny whatever procedure they think they can get away with and that they seem to confirm that you're willing to place all of the blame on the ACA and none of it on the insurer!
You see your premiums go up and you give the health insurance company a free pass on their pricing bump. As if you or I could rely on your average health insurance company to seek the minimum premium increase that they might need to accurately offset their projected increase in expenses. You also seem to give health care providers a free pass.
Many hospitals, instead of specializing in this care and that, insist on having the very latest, newest equipment, at great expense. They pass that expense on to you and me, on doctor visits, lab work, X-rays, etc. So hospital's soup-to-nuts mission statements and their poor planning adds to healthcare costs and drives premiums up too.
Brilliantly stated. Machs nichts. Whatever Obama is for, these fools are against. They'll praise the very thing they despise and not even realize it. Very good eye opening post.

Level 4

#40 Oct 22, 2013
Chilli J wrote:
<quoted text>
From everything I've heard these increases are the tip of the iceberg. Next year is when the REAL increase starts, when the insurance companies have a better idea of what OC is going to cost them.

I am giving the insurance companies a pass. If the two major factors (NO Cap and PEC) were enacted before OC. No one would have had insurance, because no one would have been able to afford it.

Lets not forget Obama put a cap on their profits. These hikes no doubt are in line with projected cost increases.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Answer a question with a question (Apr '15) 5 min KNIGHT DeVINE 2,978
2words into 2new words (May '12) 8 min Old Sam 3,862
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 9 min grace f a l l e n 197,674
Last Post Wins! (Aug '08) 9 min Old Sam 146,544
Alphabetical ways to die (Jul '11) 13 min greymouser 10,892
Word Association 2 (Sep '13) 32 min Jennifer Renee 19,844
Add a Word remove a Word (Oct '13) 45 min Old Sam 3,824
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 1 hr Hypocrite Hunter 59,892
JUST SAY SOMETHING. Whatever comes to mind!! (Aug '09) 1 hr Knock off purse s... 33,276
More from around the web