“So it's not you, It's them?”

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#191 Oct 24, 2013
dragoon70056 wrote:
<quoted text>
Awww. Somone has their panties in a wad. Don't go shooting up any schools now.
You do? TMI, dude! Tell us about the Labtops and your fly-by-night, shady website, Goon!

“Right click Left click Yay!”

Level 7

Since: Dec 10

Nehwon

#192 Oct 24, 2013
A noted observer wrote:
<quoted text>You'd like single payer, Universal Healthcare. We all would! Maybe someday we'll join the rest of the free world and be fully covered regardless of where we work.
I won't lie to you. It would makes things easier.

I've been fortunate enough where I'm looking at retirement before 65. One of the big questions/expenses is healthcare insurance to fill the gap until Medicare eligibility.

Just from that aspect alone, it adds 5 years to the retirement date.

The part that is frustrating to me is that the Congresscritters care more which letter is next to the name for anything now.

I don't give a damn who claims credit.

Congresscritters need to be a part of the solution to the problem instead of magnifying the problem to a Made-for-TV-movie crisis.

“If it ain't broke don't fix it”

Level 9

Since: Jul 09

Arcadia, LA.

#193 Oct 24, 2013
Chilli J wrote:
<quoted text>
You do? TMI, dude! Tell us about the Labtops and your fly-by-night, shady website, Goon!
Dude. Bibs. For Free. Wipe the drool away.

“If it ain't broke don't fix it”

Level 9

Since: Jul 09

Arcadia, LA.

#194 Oct 24, 2013
Uh Clem wrote:
I think a labtop may be a blouse for a certain breed of retriever dog.
I'm thinking he'd have a lot less trouble buying a labtop than an Oblunder insurance policy.
A noted observer

Roselle, IL

#195 Oct 24, 2013
greymouser wrote:
<quoted text>
I won't lie to you. It would makes things easier.
I've been fortunate enough where I'm looking at retirement before 65. One of the big questions/expenses is healthcare insurance to fill the gap until Medicare eligibility.
Just from that aspect alone, it adds 5 years to the retirement date.
The part that is frustrating to me is that the Congresscritters care more which letter is next to the name for anything now.
I don't give a damn who claims credit.
Congresscritters need to be a part of the solution to the problem instead of magnifying the problem to a Made-for-TV-movie crisis.
Unfortunately that R&D stuff matters. I promise you that, if the ACA was put forth by Bush exactly as it is now, the republicans would loved, Loved, LOVED it! It's the singer, not the song...

"Obamacare" was based on "Romneycare" in Massachusetts when Mittens was governor there and that was based on a Heritage Foundation think tank effort from '89. It's a great beginning and a far better base to build from than the alternative of nothing offered in its place.
Labtop

Kansas City, MO

#196 Oct 24, 2013
dragoon70056 wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm thinking he'd have a lot less trouble buying a labtop than an Oblunder insurance policy.
whaddya charge for one? what is one? sounds shady Magoo!

lab top roflmao

“please drop some $$ in that”

Since: Jun 08

...Salvation Army bucket...

#197 Oct 24, 2013
...ain't skeered of no death panel....i've told my folks repeatedly, and it's in my living will.....when i am waaay old and in the hospital circling the drain.....do not keep me alive just because they can...if i ever get a tattoo it'll be on my chest....do not resuscitate......

“Right click Left click Yay!”

Level 7

Since: Dec 10

Nehwon

#198 Oct 24, 2013
A noted observer wrote:
<quoted text>Unfortunately that R&D stuff matters. I promise you that, if the ACA was put forth by Bush exactly as it is now, the republicans would loved, Loved, LOVED it! It's the singer, not the song...
"Obamacare" was based on "Romneycare" in Massachusetts when Mittens was governor there and that was based on a Heritage Foundation think tank effort from '89. It's a great beginning and a far better base to build from than the alternative of nothing offered in its place.
Gets back to the "I don't care who gets credit" part.

I persevered and was able to get to the point where I could see the plans offered in PA on healthcare.org .

Was it frustrating? yep.
Once I got to see the comparison shopping with standards for the bronze, silver, gold and platinum plans, was it worth it? yep.

Will I enroll? nope.

I'm fortunate my employer realizes that providing good healthcare takes that worry away and let's me focus more on how to make the company better.

But it gave me an idea of what to expect should I retire/fired/laid off/etc.

What kinda bugs me is some stories I've heard. In PA, there are a some options. In some states,(Georgia comes to mind), there was only 1 provider (might be 2. little fuzzy there).

What is going on there? Do the state insurance regulators demand too much for a provider to sell? Getting kickbacks to ensure a monopoly and claim x provider is just so good, no one else wants to compete?

Level 5

Since: Sep 12

Cadillac MI

#199 Oct 24, 2013
Lylah wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm good Dave how bout yourself. We should catch up sometime miss being silly with u!!
I'm good just trying, to get used to these hours again lol yes!! we should i miss that too!! ;0

“Hippie Single DAD, vet, Honest”

Level 6

Since: Apr 11

Steamboat Sprgs Colorado

#200 Oct 24, 2013
Old Sam wrote:
...ain't skeered of no death panel....i've told my folks repeatedly, and it's in my living will.....when i am waaay old and in the hospital circling the drain.....do not keep me alive just because they can...if i ever get a tattoo it'll be on my chest....do not resuscitate......
Here you go SAM! Figured this fit here anyway. Rick
When I'm Gone (Bluegrass Cover)- Pickin' On Series
http://youtu.be/Ozbw8uN_cLY
A noted observer

Roselle, IL

#201 Oct 25, 2013
greymouser wrote:
<quoted text>
Gets back to the "I don't care who gets credit" part.
I persevered and was able to get to the point where I could see the plans offered in PA on healthcare.org .
Was it frustrating? yep.
Once I got to see the comparison shopping with standards for the bronze, silver, gold and platinum plans, was it worth it? yep.
Will I enroll? nope.
I'm fortunate my employer realizes that providing good healthcare takes that worry away and let's me focus more on how to make the company better.
But it gave me an idea of what to expect should I retire/fired/laid off/etc.
What kinda bugs me is some stories I've heard. In PA, there are a some options. In some states,(Georgia comes to mind), there was only 1 provider (might be 2. little fuzzy there).
What is going on there? Do the state insurance regulators demand too much for a provider to sell? Getting kickbacks to ensure a monopoly and claim x provider is just so good, no one else wants to compete?
Oh. You already have insurance. So, you were just wasting your time and someone else's time by getting on the site just out of curiosity. OK.

“Will cause trouble when bored”

Level 6

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#202 Oct 25, 2013
Lol it is crazy how only republicans that arent looking to enroll are the only ones that those pesky websites are working correctly for. ;)

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#203 Oct 25, 2013
Lylah wrote:
Lol it is crazy how only republicans that arent looking to enroll are the only ones that those pesky websites are working correctly for. ;)
The calculator doesn't work on the site. I mean how do you screw up a calculator? The system was set up so you could shop prices without a full sign up but a few weeks before roll out they changed it so you had to enroll before you shopped the prices. I mean would you go to Amazon and give them all your information before you shopped for prices? They didn't want people to see how much insurance cost was going up over their old policy :(

“Will cause trouble when bored”

Level 6

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#204 Oct 25, 2013
Well hello to u to Denny!!
;).

It's just not that uncommon for websites to have kinks to be worked out after launch. But lol on the even the calculators broke. Tehehe

I don't think its problems were intentional to avoid viewing pricing.

Amazon is shopping for general merchandise, maybe not the best comparison since to get any insurance quote u have to give info first.

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#205 Oct 25, 2013
Lylah wrote:
Well hello to u to Denny!!
;).
It's just not that uncommon for websites to have kinks to be worked out after launch. But lol on the even the calculators broke. Tehehe
I don't think its problems were intentional to avoid viewing pricing.
Amazon is shopping for general merchandise, maybe not the best comparison since to get any insurance quote u have to give info first.
The problems were not by design but it was first set up so you could shop for prices before you signed in and bought insurance. The administration changed that feature a couple of weeks before it launched? Why? All selling systems let you shop before you buy :)

“To contract new debts...”

Level 6

Since: Apr 08

is not the way to pay old ones

#206 Oct 25, 2013
A noted observer wrote:
Individual mandates were a republican idea:
http://americablog.com/2013/10/original-1989-...
That blog is about as credible as yours, nice try.

#207 Oct 25, 2013
wichita-rick wrote:
<quoted text>
Here you go SAM! Figured this fit here anyway. Rick
When I'm Gone (Bluegrass Cover)- Pickin' On Series
http://youtu.be/Ozbw8uN_cLY
....i am always open to this option, however.......

#208 Oct 25, 2013
....maybe this time it'll werk.....

“Truth + context + perspective”

Since: Nov 09

informs against BS

#210 Oct 25, 2013
Hunglo wrote:
<quoted text>
You betcha!

xx-http://www.foxnews.com/poli tics/2012/06/28/individual-hea lth-care-insurance-mandate-has -long-checkered-past/

The mandate, requiring every American to purchase health insurance, appeared in a 1989 published proposal by Stuart M. Butler of the conservative Heritage Foundation called "Assuring Affordable Health Care for All Americans," which included a provision to "mandate all households to obtain adequate insurance."

The Heritage Foundation "substantially revised" its proposal four years later, according to a 1994 analysis by the Congressional Budget Office. But the idea of an individual health insurance mandate later appeared in two bills introduced by Republican lawmakers in 1993, according to the non-partisan research group ProCon.org . Among the supporters of the bills were senators Orrin Hatch, R-Utah, and Charles Grassley, R-Iowa, who today oppose the mandate under current law.

xx-http://www.forbes.com/sites /theapothecary/2011/10/20/how- a-conservative-think-tank-inve nted-the-individual-mandate/

James Taranto, who writes the Wall Street Journal’s excellent “Best of the Web” column, put forth a lengthy and informative discussion yesterday on the conservative origins of the individual mandate, whose inclusion in Obamacare is today its most controversial feature on the Right.

This came up at Tuesday’s Western Republican Leadership Conference Debate, where Mitt Romney and Newt Gingrich tussled on the question:

ROMNEY: Actually, Newt, we got the idea of an individual mandate from you.

GINGRICH: That’s not true. You got it from the Heritage Foundation.

ROMNEY: Yes, we got it from you, and you got it from the Heritage Foundation and from you.

GINGRICH: Wait a second. What you just said is not true. You did not get that from me. You got it from the Heritage Foundation.

ROMNEY: And you never supported them?

GINGRICH: I agree with them, but I’m just saying, what you said to this audience just now plain wasn’t true.

(CROSSTALK)

ROMNEY: OK. Let me ask, have you supported in the past an individual mandate?

GINGRICH: I absolutely did with the Heritage Foundation against Hillarycare.

ROMNEY: You did support an individual mandate?

ROMNEY: Oh, OK. That’s what I’m saying. We got the idea from you and the Heritage Foundation.

GINGRICH: OK. A little broader.

ROMNEY: OK.

Wall Street Journal
xx-http://online.wsj.com/artic le/951E5B85-70F0-4A61-92C1-124 96C32253B.html

*** broken links because topix doesn't like them(?!)
A noted observer

Roselle, IL

#211 Oct 25, 2013
Hunglo wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Let's Play Song Titles With One Word? 5 min _hellbilly_ 322
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 43 min deutscher Nationa... 132,693
Make a Story / 4 Words Only (Nov '08) 57 min Grace Nerissa 24,784
6 letter word ...change one letter game (Oct '08) 1 hr Roy Rogers and Pluto 26,690
Change 1 letter game! (Nov '11) 1 hr Favorite school s... 2,954
CHANGE One letter CHANCE (Sep '08) 1 hr Cause leaf problems 30,000
Change "1" letter =ONLY= (Oct '12) 1 hr My 1st boat ride 4,243
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 1 hr wichita-rick 152,513
Is it possible to....... 4 hr CJ Rocker 578
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 6 hr Sarah 25,711
4 Word Game (Use Same Letter) 6 hr Dr Wu 236
More from around the web