Comments
14,641 - 14,660 of 15,634 Comments Last updated Monday Aug 18

“all things considered...”

Since: Nov 07

"you get back what you give"

#14904 Mar 10, 2013
David0407 wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol hi R? Nothing wrong with irritating some posters. Hope you had a great weekend.:)
Hey David, lol, yeah can't please everyone huh? hahaha!
Good weekend, way too short, should have National Weekend Week, ya know? ;^D lol
Have a good'un!

#14905 Mar 10, 2013
Hitesrunprincess wrote:
<quoted text>Hi Red. Geeze we miss you so much..... I hope you get the chance to stop by more often. We had a bizarre snow storm the other day, when it started the flakes were HUGE, never saw snow that big before. It had been in the 50's, dropped really fast, and then started snowing. The only birds at the feeder when it hit were the meadowlarks. Well, they weren't AT the feeder, they were on the ground NEAR the feeder. But you know what I mean. It looked sort of funny to see those bright colored summertime birds in the snow. I always think of them with summer, NOT snow.
Have a good one, and don't be such a stranger.
Hearts, hugs, and snowbirds....
Hi Princess, thanks for those nice words, winter has been hard for me, too cold. I should move the computer out of the kitchen, it's freezing in there. Today was decent tho.
I always hold out for at least one more snow by April, but maybe it'll just pass by this time. Seen snowstorms in April, good gawd, brrr!!
On the lookout for Robins here, they kinda hold the "unofficial" title as Springtime Bird.
"fire & sparks, shock & awe.."

#14906 Mar 10, 2013
"Times are hard, war is hell, but we're solid..

"Like a Rock"~~Bob Seger
&fe ature=share&list=AL94UKMTq g-9BVtelLEwZRLzYw7BuEQytu

Level 5

Since: Sep 12

Cadillac MI

#14907 Mar 10, 2013
Simply_Red wrote:
<quoted text>Hey David, lol, yeah can't please everyone huh? hahaha!
Good weekend, way too short, should have National Weekend Week, ya know? ;^D lol
Have a good'un!
Lol yeah, that would be awesome!! Take care.:)
Similar

Flossmoor, IL

#14908 Mar 10, 2013
Simply_Red wrote:
"Times are hard, war is hell, but we're solid..
"Like a Rock"~~Bob Seger
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =ygkfxQUfqi0XX&feature=sha re&list=AL94UKMTqg-9BVtelL EwZRLzYw7BuEQytu
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =bPiw66TCDv4&feature=relat ed
Similar

Flossmoor, IL

#14909 Mar 10, 2013

“Standin' In A”

Level 8

Since: May 11

Shaft Of Light

#14910 Mar 10, 2013
Simply_Red wrote:
<quoted text>Hey David, lol, yeah can't please everyone huh? hahaha!
Have a good'un!
Hi Red!
What a concept. 9 Saturdays in a row.

#14911 Mar 10, 2013
Fisherman 808 wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Red!
What a concept. 9 Saturdays in a row.
Hiya Fish!! Yeah, sounds kinda good right about now.
How ya be?!

#14912 Mar 10, 2013
Similar wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =bPiw66TCDv4XX&feature=rel ated
Thanx

“Standin' In A”

Level 8

Shaft Of Light

#14913 Mar 10, 2013
Simply_Red wrote:
<quoted text>Hiya Fish!! Yeah, sounds kinda good right about now.
How ya be?!
Oh, can't complain.
(actually I could, but who wants to hear that?)
These Kona winds are bringing some very badly needed rain. I got lucky on the timing all day today. Got the camp down and back home and BBQ'd all right before the rain started coming down heavy.
The birds sounded nice this morning from in the tent. I was thinking I should get a microphone and record "tent noises" (not all of them- lol). When there is no wind, the sounds are so clear. I could hear the whales very loud, they make about 4 main different sounds (or more), then the deer barking at me, and the gecko lizards chirping, then a rooster at 4am, then the other birds.

#14914 Mar 10, 2013
Fisherman 808 wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, can't complain.
(actually I could, but who wants to hear that?)
These Kona winds are bringing some very badly needed rain. I got lucky on the timing all day today. Got the camp down and back home and BBQ'd all right before the rain started coming down heavy.
The birds sounded nice this morning from in the tent. I was thinking I should get a microphone and record "tent noises" (not all of them- lol). When there is no wind, the sounds are so clear. I could hear the whales very loud, they make about 4 main different sounds (or more), then the deer barking at me, and the gecko lizards chirping, then a rooster at 4am, then the other birds.
LOL, tent sounds, no thanks, I've heard enough for a lifetime.;^D
The past few days have been a bit warmer and the birds are making lots of noise, they want Spring too. Just checked NOAA and it's 50 right now, then snow for most of the week..grrr!

#14915 Mar 10, 2013
G'night Fish, I'm gonna watch a bit of the boob tube until I get sleepy. I'm really glad you stopped by.:^)

“Standin' In A”

Level 8

Shaft Of Light

#14916 Mar 10, 2013
Simply_Red wrote:
G'night Fish, I'm gonna watch a bit of the boob tube until I get sleepy. I'm really glad you stopped by.:^)
Good night Red.

Level 5

Since: Sep 12

Cadillac MI

#14917 Mar 10, 2013
Night R, :)

#14918 Mar 11, 2013
Holy crud, up too early cuz I couldn't sleep. geez! Might as well start the breakfast buffet, Cedric should be here soon.
Going to make homemade biscuits with sausage gravy. Eggs, toast, pancakes, french toast..just ask. Coffee is a-brewing, Bailey's & the Amaretto is on the sideboard by the sugar & cream. In honor of upcoming 3/17 there is also Creme de Menthe, it's very good, start out with a little at first.
While the sausage gravy simmers low, me and the dobies will take a short walk out back.<looks down at snoozing dogs>Let's go, faster you get done, faster you can get back here and warm up. Capone, Dillinger, out.

“Standin' In A”

Level 8

Shaft Of Light

#14919 Mar 11, 2013
Simply_Red wrote:
Holy crud, up too early cuz I couldn't sleep. geez! Might as well start the breakfast buffet, Cedric should be here soon.
Going to make homemade biscuits with sausage gravy. Eggs, toast, pancakes, french toast..just ask. Coffee is a-brewing, Bailey's & the Amaretto is on the sideboard by the sugar & cream. In honor of upcoming 3/17 there is also Creme de Menthe, it's very good, start out with a little at first.
While the sausage gravy simmers low, me and the dobies will take a short walk out back.<looks down at snoozing dogs>Let's go, faster you get done, faster you can get back here and warm up. Capone, Dillinger, out.
Hi Red (Fisherman nods to the dogs.).
Homemade biscuits with sausage gravy sounds good, and coffee with a little eye-opener.
3/17?
Is that the start to the week of Saturdays?

Since: Oct 09

over here <-------->

#14920 Mar 11, 2013
Simply_Red wrote:
<quoted text>Hi Princess, thanks for those nice words, winter has been hard for me, too cold. I should move the computer out of the kitchen, it's freezing in there. Today was decent tho.
I always hold out for at least one more snow by April, but maybe it'll just pass by this time. Seen snowstorms in April, good gawd, brrr!!
On the lookout for Robins here, they kinda hold the "unofficial" title as Springtime Bird.
I saw yer robins today Red...lez git beer'd

“Standin' In A”

Level 8

Shaft Of Light

#14921 Mar 11, 2013
Captn Morgan wrote:
<quoted text>
I saw yer robins today Red...lez git beer'd
Ahoy Captn!
I saw a red-breasted Robin the other day.

Since: Oct 09

over here <-------->

#14922 Mar 11, 2013
Fisherman 808 wrote:
<quoted text>
Ahoy Captn!
I saw a red-breasted Robin the other day.
Aloha Fish!
What the h did Robin do to em??
(you just knew I'd go there)

“100% Princess”

Level 8

Since: Jan 07

and totally harmless

#14923 Mar 12, 2013
Simply_Red wrote:
<quoted text>Hi Princess, thanks for those nice words, winter has been hard for me, too cold. I should move the computer out of the kitchen, it's freezing in there. Today was decent tho.
I know what you mean. The martin scouts are due to be in here soon. That's sort of the unofficial start for us. In less than a month I'll put out the hummingbird and oriole feeders. We don't usually have many in April, but it has been known to happen.
Glad it's decent for you, I know decent days are few and far between in the winter. Hopefully, spring will show up early and stay late, maybe that will help.
I'm itching to get out in the yard and get some work done, but like you, I've seen a few March, and even April snows--gotta wait a while longer.
Hearts, hugs, and warmth.....

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 8 min Subduction Zone 115,103
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 9 min Princess Hey 145,033
WHAT???? A NEW word game? FOUR WORDS (Sep '08) 9 min Mike Allen 40,137
+=Keep 1 Drop 1=+ 3 STACK (Mar '13) 13 min Mike Allen 6,861
Add a word and drop a word (Jan '14) 18 min Mike Allen 1,256
favorite poets, authurs, ect. 19 min Mike Allen 6
Simple things that make you happy, horny.... (Oct '12) 20 min Princess Hey 55
Texas Governor Rick Perry Indicted 36 min Bill 219
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 58 min -Lea- 18,456
What's your tip for the day? 1 hr greymouser 790