“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

Since: Feb 08

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#14541 Dec 12, 2012
Hitesrunprincess wrote:
<quoted text>Hostas are a small (well sometimes small) plant. It's a perennial--meaning they come back every year, known more for foliage than blooms. The blooms aren't much to look at, but the hummingbirds love the tubular shape. Hostas need to be divided every few years. I had one that I didn't divide for 5 years (big mistake) and I got 37 plants off it. Left a crater in the flower bed about 3 foot across (it was a larger sized one) Oki came home and there I was, with 3 kids and a dog, trying to get this monster out of the ground..... Yep, I am quite the hostage to my hostas....but I do enjoy them.....
http://www.nhhostas.com/store/i/is.aspx...
aha, so if you don't tend to them and divide them THEN they hold you hostage ... that's where they get that meaning! Got it ... it's very pretty otherwise ... and the hummingbirds hanging around must be a very pretty sight! How nice ... so a perennial must be like my lantana, purple jew plants, spring lily ... they die with the once a year freeze but they keep coming back?... okie dokie ... I learned something ... I'm a tomboy but not really the gardening type although I do have some hard to injure plants inside, LOL ... Thanks for the lesson ... Good to know,*wink*... I know you enjoy your yard and garden ... you can sure can some goods and I enjoy them every year ... especially my bread and butter pickles ... my favorite ...

“Standin' In A”

Level 8

Since: May 11

Shaft Of Light

#14542 Dec 12, 2012
Hitesrunprincess wrote:
<quoted text>Hostas are a small (well sometimes small) plant. It's a perennial--meaning they come back every year, known more for foliage than blooms. The blooms aren't much to look at, but the hummingbirds love the tubular shape. Hostas need to be divided every few years. I had one that I didn't divide for 5 years (big mistake) and I got 37 plants off it. Left a crater in the flower bed about 3 foot across (it was a larger sized one) Oki came home and there I was, with 3 kids and a dog, trying to get this monster out of the ground..... Yep, I am quite the hostage to my hostas....but I do enjoy them.....
http://www.nhhostas.com/store/i/is.aspx...
lol
Good name for a sports team.- The Hostas Hostages
Don't let those plants control you!
Have a nice 12-12-12.

“Standin' In A”

Level 8

Shaft Of Light

#14543 Dec 12, 2012
Flower-Child wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, Fishman ... I woke up in the middle of the night in the recliner ... disoriented, didn't know if it was day or night, wondering why I was in the recliner ... looked on my desk, found notes of Keith/Mick ~ Letterman and it came to me that I was going to watch the Top Ten and go to bed ... Never made it ... but I can pull up CBS.com and watch it after I read this thread ... Thanks for reminding me ... Good day to you ... FC <3 ...
That makes me think of my mom for some reason (she's not with us now).
She liked the night and would stay up and watch Johnny Carson every night.
I liked Johnny, but couldn't stay up, even around Jr High age.
Red's Night Owl fits me good with the time difference. I can go to bed at 8 and be a "Night Owl" here. lol

“100% Princess”

Level 8

Since: Jan 07

and totally harmless

#14544 Dec 12, 2012
Fisherman 808 wrote:
<quoted text>
lol
Good name for a sports team.- The Hostas Hostages
Don't let those plants control you!
Have a nice 12-12-12.
LOL. I like that, wonder what sport they would play? Maybe we should start a Night Owl Sports Team? Darts? Bowling? Field Hockey? lol

Thanks Fishy, you have a good one too.....

“100% Princess”

Level 8

and totally harmless

#14545 Dec 12, 2012
Flower-Child wrote:
<quoted text>
aha, so if you don't tend to them and divide them THEN they hold you hostage ... that's where they get that meaning! Got it ... it's very pretty otherwise ... and the hummingbirds hanging around must be a very pretty sight! How nice ... so a perennial must be like my lantana, purple jew plants, spring lily ... they die with the once a year freeze but they keep coming back?... okie dokie ... I learned something ... I'm a tomboy but not really the gardening type although I do have some hard to injure plants inside, LOL ... Thanks for the lesson ... Good to know,*wink*... I know you enjoy your yard and garden ... you can sure can some goods and I enjoy them every year ... especially my bread and butter pickles ... my favorite ...
Glad I was able to help. And yes, bread and butter pickles are the best in Oki's opinion too. He loves my bread and butter pickles. Rotor's, of course, is BBJ, as it is with Paisley and hubby. I think Hippi prefers the red plum. lol. I just enjoy making it.

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#14546 Dec 12, 2012
Fisherman 808 wrote:
<quoted text>
That makes me think of my mom for some reason (she's not with us now).
She liked the night and would stay up and watch Johnny Carson every night.
I liked Johnny, but couldn't stay up, even around Jr High age.
Red's Night Owl fits me good with the time difference. I can go to bed at 8 and be a "Night Owl" here. lol
That's a nice memory of mom ... so, you really are a night owl'r, lol ... I guess I can't boogie with the big boyz, lol ....

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#14547 Dec 12, 2012
Hitesrunprincess wrote:
<quoted text>Glad I was able to help. And yes, bread and butter pickles are the best in Oki's opinion too. He loves my bread and butter pickles. Rotor's, of course, is BBJ, as it is with Paisley and hubby. I think Hippi prefers the red plum. lol. I just enjoy making it.
you certainly do a great job of it!!!! I noticed tomatoes in the B&B pickles this year ... is that new?...

“ROCK ON ROCKERS!!”

Level 8

Since: Mar 11

Rockin' USA ;)

#14548 Dec 12, 2012
On the goooooo, soooooo I'll have a HOT CIDER with a splash of apple snapps... thanks Captn...Hey Red..
Can' t help with the decorations. GOTTA catch the bus to Santa's Village for a photo shoot in Cedar Key... SURF'S UP..everyone...ROCK ON ROCKERS!!

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#14549 Dec 12, 2012
The Hosta Hostages ... Now, THAT'S a very good name for a team ... >grins<<

“100% Princess”

Level 8

and totally harmless

#14550 Dec 12, 2012
Flower-Child wrote:
<quoted text>
you certainly do a great job of it!!!! I noticed tomatoes in the B&B pickles this year ... is that new?...
thanks but no, those were red and green bell peppers...

“ROCK ON ROCKERS!!”

Level 8

Since: Mar 11

Rockin' USA ;)

#14552 Dec 16, 2012
Where THE FREAK are the Night Bowlers??? Guess I'll OPEN the bar and give everyone a FREE brewski...Oh there ya are Red...Hey Chick..place looks decked out for Xmas.
Ya really did a FAB job.. YOOO...Captn Morgan.
Shots of whiskey for your patrons...and meeerrr toooo..Let's play the Jukebox..quarter please..RNL2008..Where's Mrs.White_Water??? Oh, she's making a Wish list for Santa also..tell Hellooooo for mere okay..COOL.
..Let's ROCK to Hendrix....Along the Watchtower.. ROCK ON ROCKERS!!

“TAKIA AND TA TONKA”

Level 9

Since: Aug 08

HAPPY TOGETHER!!!

#14553 Dec 16, 2012
Colorado Chick wrote:
Where THE FREAK are the Night Bowlers??? Guess I'll OPEN the bar and give everyone a FREE brewski...Oh there ya are Red...Hey Chick..place looks decked out for Xmas.
Ya really did a FAB job.. YOOO...Captn Morgan.
Shots of whiskey for your patrons...and meeerrr toooo..Let's play the Jukebox..quarter please..RNL2008..Where's Mrs.White_Water??? Oh, she's making a Wish list for Santa also..tell Hellooooo for mere okay..COOL.
..Let's ROCK to Hendrix....Along the Watchtower.. ROCK ON ROCKERS!!
Hey CC,
Mrs-Whitewater has been decking out the place.....and listening to Christmas music on the jukebox.......hope all is well with you!!!

Level 5

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#14554 Dec 16, 2012
I'll take a bud please.

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#14555 Dec 17, 2012
Hitesrunprincess wrote:
<quoted text>thanks but no, those were red and green bell peppers...
Good morning, pretty one! Thank goodness because I don't like cooked tomatoes!!!... Not in pizza, spaghetti, pasta with the red stuff in it, meat loaf with the red stuff in it (brown gravy will work, though;) but I LOVE a regular old tomato with salt and lemon pepper on a sandwich or just a plain old vanilla tomato with salt and pepper on it ... GREAT, now I can polish off the rest of the Bread and Butter pickles today, LOL ... In the meantime, I've had the best p-nut butter and jelly sandwiches ... Have a great day ...

Hugs, Hearts and guarded jelly jars ...

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#14556 Dec 17, 2012
Hitesrunprincess wrote:
<quoted text>Hi Flower--again--lol. I know what you mean, my tracker was acting up for days, and between a hinky tracker and not enough time to "go hunting" for threads, I was a bit behind too. Just jump in.....
yep, I knew it wasn't my computer ... had to be stinky tracker ...

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#14557 Dec 17, 2012
Hitesrunprincess wrote:
<quoted text>LOL. I like that, wonder what sport they would play? Maybe we should start a Night Owl Sports Team? Darts? Bowling? Field Hockey? lol
Thanks Fishy, you have a good one too.....
How about topix poker ...

2181 ... a pair of aces

“100% Princess”

Level 8

and totally harmless

#14558 Dec 17, 2012
Good morning all. Too early for a brew, so I'll have a coffee, heavy on the Irish.....It's been a loooooong weekend, but tooo short too, if that makes any sense.....
Have a Happy ho ho ho......

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#14559 Dec 17, 2012
Good morning, everyone! Happy Monday ... Enjoy your day! FC <3 ...

7139 ... zilch ~ pass ...

“My latest victim”

Since: Jul 10

United States

#14560 Dec 17, 2012
Evening morning owls.

“Standin' In A”

Level 8

Shaft Of Light

#14561 Dec 18, 2012
Hi Night Owls.
At risk of sounding kind of preachy, thought I'd share this-

With the Holidays upon us I would like to share a personal experience with my friends about drinking and driving. As you may know some of us have been known to have brushes with the authorities from time to time on the way home after a "social session" out with friends.

Well two days ago I was out for an evening with friends and had several cocktails followed by some rather nice red wine. Feeling jolly I still had the sense to know that I may be slightly over the limit. That's when I did something that I've never done before - I took a cab home. Sure enough on the way home there was a police road block but since it was a cab they waved it past.

I arrived home safely without incident. This was a real surprise as I had never driven a cab before, I don't know where I got it and now that it's in my garage I don't know what to do with it.

(from my email this morning- lol)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 4 min Dogen 127,921
Whatcha' doing? (Apr '12) 5 min dandylioness 7,166
***Keep a Word~Drop a Word*** (Jan '10) 11 min Analog man 77,474
Add a word and drop a word (Jan '14) 12 min Analog man 1,806
Is it possible to....... 13 min CJ Rocker 5
Ferguson Grand Jury Reaches Decision 24 min analyst 331
Bill Cosby 27 min Bill 250
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 40 min Roy 151,122
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 45 min Mega Monster 24,014
Woman Arrested For $6400 Sausage Heist 7 hr Mitt s Airtight D... 15