The Night Owl Saloon

“Standin' In A”

Level 8

Since: May 11

Shaft Of Light

#14377 Nov 19, 2012
Simply_Red wrote:
"When the missionaries came to Africa they had the Bible and we had the land. They said "Let us pray." We closed our eyes. When we opened them we had the Bible and they had the land.
~Desmond Tutu
Good morning Red.
I had to sleep on that one. Responding is a little like walking through a mine field or playing Russian Roulette!
Those 4 sentences say a lot!
My first thought was, it's not just Africa, but around the world. Native Americans, Hawaiians, etc..
I don't think Jesus would like to hear that.
I wonder where Paul got the name 'Desmond'? lol
Beatles- Obladi Oblada

“My latest victim”

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#14378 Nov 19, 2012
Simply_Red wrote:
<quoted text>Quiet day here to, a bit boring so I cleaned some. Your chiwawa needs a trim, that paint her nails harlot red.lol
I'm going to do that just for you. Lol.

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

Since: Feb 08

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#14379 Nov 21, 2012
Fisherman 808 wrote:
Good morning Red and Flower C and the rest of you NightOwls.
Hope that cold doesn't settle in and get you, Red. I think it's going around though (the whole world, apparently, kay-rumba).
Enjoy the movie FC. The wind is still up and gusty, it blew a limb off a tree and smashed my pick-up windshield night before last. I could say a bad word about that, like #%&@!, but I won't.
Good morning, FM808 ... can't remember which movie I was going to see ... has it been that long since I've been here, last Friday? Really?... okay, last Friday I saw LINCOLN at the theater, it was Great! Day before yesterday I watched Breaking Dawn: part 2 of the Twilight Saga! It was good ... The weekend went by fast and so has this week, Wednesday really? Tomorrow is Turkey Day and I'll spend with some friends ... How 'bout you?... Have a good day ... Catch up with you later ... FC <3 ...

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#14380 Nov 21, 2012
Good morning Red and Friends ... it's Tuesday and I'm really trying to get to the store before work gets out early and the madness at the stores begin ... but I realized that I haven't made my rounds in a couple of days ... there's a reason for that but I shan't give those reasons here ... Red would understand ... Wishing all here a very pleasant day ... Have fun! FC <3 ...

“Don't harsh my mellow, man!”

Level 8

Since: Aug 08

Great State of Oklahoma!

#14381 Nov 21, 2012
Hi Lady Red and Night Owls! Stopping by to wish everyone a wonderful Thanksgiving Holiday! Much Love, Hippi

“Standin' In A”

Level 8

Shaft Of Light

#14382 Nov 21, 2012
Flower-Child wrote:
<quoted text>
Good morning, FM808 ... can't remember which movie I was going to see ... has it been that long since I've been here, last Friday? Really?... okay, last Friday I saw LINCOLN at the theater, it was Great! Day before yesterday I watched Breaking Dawn: part 2 of the Twilight Saga! It was good ... The weekend went by fast and so has this week, Wednesday really? Tomorrow is Turkey Day and I'll spend with some friends ... How 'bout you?... Have a good day ... Catch up with you later ... FC <3 ...
Good morning Flower-Child. Hope you have a nice day tomorrow. We're not making a big deal this year. Will make shish kabobs on the grill and might fry some fish from the freezer. This is our 8th Christmas here and we've never gotten the card in the mail box for a free turkey from the gas station. Two or three times I've asked them to put our name on the list, but it's never there? That's OK, we'll just have natural venison and fish, better for you anyway. Probably just my son and wife and me. Daughter says she's going in re-hab today, I think (but you never know what she might do), grandson is staying with his Dad now.
The water should be flat Sat and Sun (no wind), so I might get some fishing done then.
Oh, "Lincoln at the theatre" lol, I might try to see the Lincoln movie sometime, that sounds interesting.

“Standin' In A”

Level 8

Shaft Of Light

#14383 Nov 21, 2012
Hippichick wrote:
Hi Lady Red and Night Owls! Stopping by to wish everyone a wonderful Thanksgiving Holiday! Much Love, Hippi
Hi girlfriend! Hey, we were writing in the same place at the same time.
Sending you good vibes and Happy Holidays!

“Standin' In A”

Level 8

Shaft Of Light

#14384 Nov 21, 2012
Good morning Red and Nevermissed and other NightOwls.
Like Captn.
Where's Captn?
frogmann

Masontown, PA

#14385 Nov 21, 2012
youtube.com/watch... …………old fart or young stinkers

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#14386 Nov 21, 2012
Fisherman 808 wrote:
<quoted text>
Good morning Flower-Child. Hope you have a nice day tomorrow. We're not making a big deal this year. Will make shish kabobs on the grill and might fry some fish from the freezer. This is our 8th Christmas here and we've never gotten the card in the mail box for a free turkey from the gas station. Two or three times I've asked them to put our name on the list, but it's never there? That's OK, we'll just have natural venison and fish, better for you anyway. Probably just my son and wife and me. Daughter says she's going in re-hab today, I think (but you never know what she might do), grandson is staying with his Dad now.
The water should be flat Sat and Sun (no wind), so I might get some fishing done then.
Oh, "Lincoln at the theatre" lol, I might try to see the Lincoln movie sometime, that sounds interesting.
Well, whatever you have planned I'm sure it will be fine! Fishing sounds like a plan to me ... Yes, Lincoln at the theater, haha ... didn't even think about that one, LOL ... it WAS a very good flick ... if you get the chance see it on the big screen ... 4 day weekend coming up ... excellent timing! Get out, enjoy yourself! Have fun! FC <3 ...

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#14387 Nov 21, 2012
Hippichick wrote:
You, too! Have fun and relax during your four day weekend! Luvya big! FC <3 ...

Level 8

Great State of Oklahoma!

#14388 Nov 21, 2012
Fisherman 808 wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi girlfriend! Hey, we were writing in the same place at the same time.
Sending you good vibes and Happy Holidays!
Hi Fisherman! Imagine that! Hahahaha!
Thanks, my friend and the same to you! >>>HUGS<<<

Level 8

Great State of Oklahoma!

#14389 Nov 21, 2012
Flower-Child wrote:
<quoted text>
You, too! Have fun and relax during your four day weekend! Luvya big! FC <3 ...
You too, sweetheart! Luvya back!

Since: Oct 09

over here <-------->

#14390 Nov 21, 2012
Fisherman 808 wrote:
Good morning Red and Nevermissed and other NightOwls.
Like Captn.
Where's Captn?
Hi Fish and everybody. Been busy getting ready for the big holiday meal. Its tough tryin to stuff that seagull. He sure is squawkin bout it.

“Standin' In A”

Level 8

Shaft Of Light

#14391 Nov 21, 2012
Captn Morgan wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Fish and everybody. Been busy getting ready for the big holiday meal. Its tough tryin to stuff that seagull. He sure is squawkin bout it.
Hey Captn!
Sounds like you're going to have to swab the poop deck.

“A JOURNEY OF A THOUSAND MILES”

Level 9

MUST BEGIN WITH A SINGLE STEP!

#14392 Nov 22, 2012
Happy Thanksgiving Night Owlers.......wishing everyone a wonderful and thankful day.......I know that I am truly thankful for the folks I interact with on this thread like Red, Cappy, HippiChick, Ohio Cowgirl, Fishman, Flower-child,Hitesrunprincess and Enzo...and anyone else I might of missed!!!

Peace:-)

“Ante Omnia Armari”

Since: Nov 07

"You get back what you give"

#14393 Nov 22, 2012
Wishing my friends a,~*~Happy Thanksgiving!~*~
:^)

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#14394 Nov 22, 2012
Hippichick wrote:
<quoted text>
You too, sweetheart! Luvya back!
;)

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#14395 Nov 22, 2012
Simply_Red wrote:
Wishing my friends a,~*~Happy Thanksgiving!~*~
:^)
you too, Red ... Happy Thanksgiving! Have a super day ... Luvya, FC <3 ...

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#14396 Nov 22, 2012
Happy Thanksgiving everyone at Red's ... wishing all a very pleasant day ... looks to be very nice weather wise here again ... wish yall were here!... sending warmth and sunshine your way ... enjoy the day!...

64°F
Clear
Feels like: 64°
High 76°Low 57°

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 4 min LIM 68,031
What turns you on ? (Aug '11) 6 min streetglidehoney 2,036
Word Association (Mar '10) 6 min Evil Eye Fleegle 21,708
News Man Smoking Near Gas Pump Bursts Into Flames (Mar '07) 11 min Debi 21
TRUMP, Donald (Jun '15) 12 min Take It Easy 322
***Keep a Word~Drop a Word*** (Jan '10) 16 min Evil Eye Fleegle 83,441
4 Word Game (Use Same Letter) (Dec '14) 20 min Poppyann 1,528
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 1 hr Sharlene45 209,748
News Woman reveals what it's like to make love to a ... 1 hr Poppyann 18
What Turns You Off? 3 hr Jerilouise 78