The Night Owl Saloon

“Ante Omnia Armari”

Since: Nov 07

"You get back what you give"

#13769 Oct 17, 2012
NorCal Native wrote:
Hey Red,
Hope your afternoon is good......:-)
It was alright, another damp day, and some unexpected wind gusts. But that's about it.:^)

“Standin' In A”

Level 8

Since: May 11

Shaft Of Light

#13770 Oct 17, 2012
Simply_Red wrote:
<quoted text>We might as well figure out how to find useful purposes for kudzu, it's not leaving anytime soon. We had a small amount up here that I knew of some years back, but not sure if it survives well this far north.
I had french toast, don't eat that much. I'm not a breakfast person, more like brunch.
Hi Red.
I looked into kudzu and little, and see one use is to help someone curb their alcohol use. The Chinese used it to help/fix all kinds of things.

“A JOURNEY OF A THOUSAND MILES”

Level 9

Since: Aug 08

MUST BEGIN WITH A SINGLE STEP!

#13771 Oct 17, 2012
Simply_Red wrote:
<quoted text>It was alright, another damp day, and some unexpected wind gusts. But that's about it.:^)
Just another day here as well.......trying to figure things out by Friday!!!

“Ante Omnia Armari”

#13772 Oct 18, 2012
Fisherman 808 wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Red.
I looked into kudzu and little, and see one use is to help someone curb their alcohol use. The Chinese used it to help/fix all kinds of things.
Hi and Good morning Fish, another darn dark, wet, and cold day. Only thing I have issue with. Can't seem to get warmed up, it's like the dampness gets into my bones. Doesn't help the pain factor either.
Most plants have a beneficial use. The only stinky part is man thinks he needs to plow under a rain forest to find his golden moment. Pure arrogance.
Hope you have a nice day Fish, I'm going to get my heating pad. Chat with ya later.:^)

“Ante Omnia Armari”

#13773 Oct 18, 2012
NorCal Native wrote:
<quoted text>
Just another day here as well.......trying to figure things out by Friday!!!
Hi NorCali, days seem to zoom by and not much changes much. Stuck in a rut is a irritating place to be, time to get out the M1A2 Abrams and flatten those ruts.;^D
Have a good Thursday.

“Standin' In A”

Level 8

Shaft Of Light

#13774 Oct 18, 2012
Simply_Red wrote:
<quoted text>Hi and Good morning Fish, another darn dark, wet, and cold day. Only thing I have issue with. Can't seem to get warmed up, it's like the dampness gets into my bones. Doesn't help the pain factor either.
Most plants have a beneficial use. The only stinky part is man thinks he needs to plow under a rain forest to find his golden moment. Pure arrogance.
Hope you have a nice day Fish, I'm going to get my heating pad. Chat with ya later.:^)
Stay warm, Red. Maybe an electric blanket would be better that a pad?
We must be thinking along the same lines. When I said the fast growing vines would probably be valuable some day, in the back of my mind was the thought that after all the rain forests are gone, fast growing plants will be way more valuable.
Maybe I'll get up in the attic this weekend and get my poem I wrote in Jr. High, if I can find it. I think I mentioned it before. It's about people messing up the earth.(I was raised in a little liberal college town in Oregon.)

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

Since: Feb 08

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#13776 Oct 18, 2012
Hello Red and friends ... Watched Detroit clench the ALCS and happy as all get out for that ... Now watching SFO at STL and hoping SFO will win the NLCS for a match up of DTW and SFO ... that'd be nice ...

Hoping everyone here's had a nice week thus far ... Peaceful vibes all around ... a club soda to go back to my recliner and watch my ballgame ... cheerios ... FC <3 ...

“ROCK ON ROCKERS!!”

Level 8

Since: Mar 11

Rockin' USA ;)

#13780 Oct 18, 2012
Okay..am heeeeere Red..Yo Captn Morgan..will take a Yukon Jack on the rocks please..two fingers..Yeah, sounds gooood...a bit nippy out yonder..Sooo, WHAT THE FREAK has been happening here?? I see Red, ya have built a deck and installed a pit fireplace..soooo coool...let's sit outside..oh neato..a large blanket to place upon our knees..so thoughtful Red..hey Flower-Child, sit next to me..Did I see Mrs._Whitewater and RNL2008 sneak in..YoooHooo, here we are..come and sit a bit..let's catch up on our Autumn Crock Pot recipes..am looking for one for Apple Butter..Oooooh..piped music also..Looove this new addition..SOOO FAR-OUT..ROCK ON ROCKERS!

“ROCK ON ROCKERS!!”

Level 8

Since: Mar 11

Rockin' USA ;)

#13783 Oct 18, 2012
Simply_Red wrote:
<quoted text>Yo CC, I think Cappy is in his favorite booth snoozing. Here ya go sweets, One Rocky Jack.
Yeah, under each seat, which is actually atorage, there are some warm blankets and throws, some pillows too probably. When it's dark you can lean back on a pillow and see the stars, flickering and beautiful. You may here the coyotes too, but they won't come in close, Dillinger & Capone keep them in check.<pats dobies>Good boys!
I saw somewhere on a thread where someone made apple butter, sorry don't remember where.
Here, have some fresh warm popcorn, and let me refill that drink for ya. Did ya see the nice small Bar here? Pretty neat huh, it's hidden!;^)
WOW! Red..glad ya clued me in..about the blankets and the bar scene..I looove the stars..isn't there a guest that frequents the Night Owl..that knows about the Star Constellations?? Yes, thank you..this warm pail of popcorn hits the spot and thanks for refreshing my beverage..Coyotes..scary..glad the guard dogs are here to protect us..Ahhhh, THIS is the life Red..sure glad you thought of this new concept..it is a an asset to the saloon itself..ROCK ON ROCKERS!

Level 9

#13785 Oct 18, 2012
Simply_Red wrote:
CC I found this site, has an easy recipe, just takes some time. She also has many other ideas & recipes. Incase you're interested....
http://www.dawnsrecipes.com/easy-apple-butter...
Mrs-Whitewater had the pleasure of seeing a really cool meteor shower last night.......amazing!!!

Level 9

#13787 Oct 18, 2012
Simply_Red wrote:
<quoted text>Wonderful! Did that one have a name? Sometimes they get named.
I have seen the Aurora Borealis when I live further up in the State here. Took me a few seconds to realize what I was seeing, beautiful ribbons of red, undulating and shifting. Just amazing and beautiful.
No, but it was seen as far as Sacramento, our location and in the Bay Area.

I've heard that it is simply breath taking!!!

By the way......the pup in my avatar is now a year old and still as adorable:-)

“Standin' In A”

Level 8

Shaft Of Light

#13789 Oct 19, 2012
Good morning NightOwls.
NorCal, I tried to change my avatar to the chihuahua but I can't change my pictures in topix anymore. It always used to take them, but now it says they are too big or something??? I think the pictures are the same pixels, the only thing that has changed is we have faster internet service. I wonder if that's the reason or did topix change?

Level 9

#13790 Oct 19, 2012
Fisherman 808 wrote:
Good morning NightOwls.
NorCal, I tried to change my avatar to the chihuahua but I can't change my pictures in topix anymore. It always used to take them, but now it says they are too big or something??? I think the pictures are the same pixels, the only thing that has changed is we have faster internet service. I wonder if that's the reason or did topix change?
If you have a photo shop program, you can go in and reduce the size........that's what we've had to do to some of our photos because of their size.......it's not hard to do if you have the right software:-)

“Ante Omnia Armari”

#13791 Oct 19, 2012
Alice Cooper ~ Poison
http://youtu.be/Qq4j1LtCdww

“Ante Omnia Armari”

#13792 Oct 19, 2012
Europe~The Final Countdown
http://youtu.be/9jK-NcRmVcw

“Ante Omnia Armari”

#13793 Oct 19, 2012
Bon Jovi~Runaway
http://youtu.be/s86K-p089R8

First song & vid I ever saw of them, thought they were awesome. Look where they are now, and all the songs along the way.
Thanks for the journey guys.

Level 8

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#13795 Oct 20, 2012
YouTube:<br/><br/> http://youtu.be/XZnhuOEUFXA

No more mr nice guy

Since: Oct 09

over here <-------->

#13796 Oct 20, 2012
Simply_Red wrote:
Have a great weekend friends, cold here but might warm up some tomorrow.
15 inches of snow here and still comin down!!!!

oh wait.......the dog ate me pillow...

nevermind

“Ante Omnia Armari”

#13797 Oct 20, 2012
Captn Morgan wrote:
<quoted text>
15 inches of snow here and still comin down!!!!
oh wait.......the dog ate me pillow...
nevermind
Umm, no comment.:^/

“That's a cold shot baby”

Level 2

Since: Feb 10

Yeah that's a drag

#13798 Oct 20, 2012
Opens door, glad to see Red.

Swear I hope my welcome is not overstayed.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
*add A word / drop a word* (Nov '12) 14 min Elizabeth David 17,345
Replace one letter in word>>> (Oct '15) 20 min SweLL GirL 295
Denny Crain's Place (May '10) 27 min Denny CranesPlace 25,433
--- VATICAN PLAN to 'police' World's people ---... 35 min Starts SEPT 2017 1
Play "end of the word" (Nov '08) 37 min Elizabeth David 26,796
Last two letters into two new words... (Jun '15) 1 hr Elizabeth David 6,814
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 1 hr seriously the ori... 222,168
Poll What are you thinking right now? (May '08) 2 hr Boink face 5,500
Cyber Friendships real or not? (Nov '11) 5 hr Princess Hey 1,291
More from around the web