Last Post Wins II

Level 9

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#4892 Apr 14, 2014
Gingerbread sounds good...Remembering eating the dough at times while baking...

Level 8

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#4894 Jun 21, 2014
*knocks on door*

Hello, anyone still on LPW 2?
ladylove

Vinton, VA

#4895 Jun 25, 2014
I'm here.Does that count?
tiger_-_dad

Hugoton, KS

#4896 Jul 22, 2014
NotaGoth wrote:
*knocks on door*
Hello, anyone still on LPW 2?
The remaining LPW! 2'er and NEWBIE trainees hear that Jeffrey over on the Main LPW! path is running very hard trying to hold the lead, why it's at 22 hours mark and counting. The best record for not just this month and/or year, but the best record ever.

The NEWBIES and LPW! 2'ers head over to the side of the main path and cheer Jeffrey as he runs by on very tired legs but still holding the lead.

“Power to the people”

Level 8

Since: Jul 10

Once was Top Secret

#4897 Jul 22, 2014
Wow! Jeffrey is going for the record over at the main LPW! part of the path.

(Everyone runs from the LPW!#2 part of the path and heads over to the LPW!#1 part of the path, lining up on the sides and cheering Jeffrey as he runs by holding the lead).
LPW Management

Hugoton, KS

#4898 Aug 13, 2014
The last post Manager thoughtfully looks back on the years here at LPW! Land as he works on his opening speech for tomorrow's LPW! Land 6th Anniversary Party. He remembers a couple of years ago where the music group "Mouth and McNeal" were waiting in the dining room for their turn to sing in the ballroom, and had broken out in song while waiting. He remembers running to the dining room and hearing them sing, How do you do.

LPW Management

Hugoton, KS

#4899 Aug 13, 2014
Thinking about the first use of the new Concert Hall by the lake front, he remembers the Swedish singer Carola and when he first heard her sing. He didn't know just what she was singing (When leaves fall, but in Swedish) at that place in Stockholm.

He remembers hearing her sing later that night on Swedish TV (SVT) a song called "Woman in Love". She was singing on a roof top to the newly wed Prince and Princess.

http://www.youtube.com/watch...
LPW Management

Hugoton, KS

#4900 Aug 13, 2014
He now thinks of when he asked Carola to come over to LPW Land and sing. She agreed and can over for an Anniversary Party., she coundn't wait to start singing and started right there on the lake.The taxi drops her off at the wrong side of the lake and a row boat was sent to cross the lake and get her. Most of the way back she decided she couldn't wait to get to the stage and she started singing right there out on the lake. She sang the song "Somewhere".

“Power to the people”

Level 8

Once was Top Secret

#4901 Aug 14, 2014
(Walking by the Clubhouse's manager's offices, sees Manager.)

CA: Hi what's the theme for this year's Anniversary party?

LPW! MANAGER: The theme is "Let's bring the world together" for "A trip down Memory Lane".

CA: That's two themes, why?

LPW! MANAGER: Well we voted and there was a tie between "Let's bring the world together" and another possible theme "A trip dowm memory Lane".

“Want A Friend, Be One..”

Level 9

Since: Mar 12

Christmas: The Birth of Jesus

#4902 Aug 14, 2014
Hey CA wheres our Memorial tent for Skipper and others..now who was suppose to take care of that..CA ..where you at?? getting on mic CA you are wanted in the office...TY...

“Power to the people”

Level 8

Once was Top Secret

#4903 Aug 19, 2014
Princess Hey wrote:
Hey CA wheres our Memorial tent for Skipper and others..now who was suppose to take care of that..CA ..where you at?? getting on mic CA you are wanted in the office...TY...
Hi Princess Hey, the Anniversary Party(s) sure seem to be getting bigger and better each year. Until our 6th this year, the best was both the 5th and the Alternate date 5th ones.

(REAL WORLD: Last year had time on library computers and library hours were long. Never were all computers needed at same time so never got "bumped" off a computer. For the Saturday alternate 5th party, was at work, no grade changes that day, and everything was running surprisingly very smooth. Lot's of time to post.

This year, our small town library changed to short hours M-F and stopped weekends. For Saturday drove to city about 1 hour away (a few other things to do as well). Went in as a "Guest", normally you can re-use the computers if there is not a line needed them. This time, the main person working there said only one use per day for guest (with a 1 hour time limit.)

End of main story (good time to stop reading before I get really going strong.

I decided to try again later in afternoon, hoping the person was off shift and I could get back on again, and went to lunch while waiting for late afternoon. After meal my Jeep would not start, but lucked out as there was a part store close by. But as I was about 10 feet from door on last trip to pay, my wife called and said my son's car would not start so had to drive 1 hour to home town, go thru and 1/2 hours west to get him, killing my last 2 hour chance to try to post again.

The "Trip down memory Lane" part was put into the theme to try to honor Skipper and Dingo by re-posting a couple of their posts like Skipper's one about having a petting zoo set up in the barn for children of LPW! visitors, but was not able to find it in time even if I could have got the computer.

Was hoping to run "Last Post Wins!' with "Last Post Wins II" both during Saturday's party. Hope you liked the part above about Carola a Swedish singer, she sings very good in both langages. Other Swedish singers I like as well for example Agnetha (of ABBA), Siw Inger, and Bibi Johns can sing in English, Swedish (of course) and German. Agnetha with ABBA I think have a few hard to find Spanish songs as well.

“Power to the people”

Level 8

Once was Top Secret

#4904 Aug 19, 2014
Here's Siw Inger singing in German.

She was in a post over at "Last Post Wins!" about 2 of 3 years ago (Singing in the "LPW! Land" Clubhouse's Ballroom.) Some of our best posts are around years 1 to just after year 5.

“Want A Friend, Be One..”

Level 9

Since: Mar 12

Christmas: The Birth of Jesus

#4905 Aug 19, 2014
Those were nice CA yes I liked them alot..sorry to hear about your Jeep..but at least got fixed and the son got home safe and sound..thats the main thing..loved the memory lane memorial thats lovely..I do believe Skipper and Dingo would be proud.. dont forget to save me a dance before leaving..LOL.I am so glad you invited me I have had a blast..Thank you so much...

“Power to the people”

Level 8

Once was Top Secret

#4906 Aug 20, 2014
Princess Hey wrote:
Those were nice CA yes I liked them alot..sorry to hear about your Jeep..but at least got fixed and the son got home safe and sound..thats the main thing..loved the memory lane memorial thats lovely..I do believe Skipper and Dingo would be proud.. dont forget to save me a dance before leaving..LOL.I am so glad you invited me I have had a blast..Thank you so much...
CA saves the last dance for Princess Hey. He suggests a song to play. CA,(Born and raised on disco, at least raised on disco) surprises Princess Hey and they dance ....er ...well.... waltzs to "Skaters Waltz".

Level 8

Location hidden

#4907 Aug 30, 2014
*blows the dust off the thread shelf*

*knocks*

Anyone home?
tiger_-_dad

Hugoton, KS

#4908 Sep 8, 2014
NotaGoth wrote:
*blows the dust off the thread shelf*
*knocks*
Anyone home?
(Finally wakes up.)

Oh yes NotaGoth, I'm finally awake. Maybe those Dream Team or Ghost team, or that new other team got me with "sleeping powder dust". How long was I out cold?....Oh My Gosh!

(Sees NotaGoth on very shakey legs from holding the lead for so long.)

(Gets her to the Clinic and then takes over the lead for awhile.)

I wonder just how long I can single handlely hold off the Dream Team and the Ghost Team, and that other new team?

IW!!!

Level 8

Location hidden

#4909 Oct 27, 2014
tiger_-_dad wrote:
<quoted text>
(Finally wakes up.)
Oh yes NotaGoth, I'm finally awake. Maybe those Dream Team or Ghost team, or that new other team got me with "sleeping powder dust". How long was I out cold?....Oh My Gosh!
(Sees NotaGoth on very shakey legs from holding the lead for so long.)
(Gets her to the Clinic and then takes over the lead for awhile.)
I wonder just how long I can single handlely hold off the Dream Team and the Ghost Team, and that other new team?
IW!!!
Well you have been holding the fort for awhile...here let me take over for now.

>>smiles<<
tiger_-_dad

Hugoton, KS

#4910 Oct 29, 2014
NotaGoth wrote:
<quoted text>
Well you have been holding the fort for awhile...here let me take over for now.
>>smiles<<
Thanks NotaGoth. I hope that your "HUMP Day" went very well.. I hope that everything "up there" is going good for you.

I wonder where Ola, F-c and others have run off to? Ooops, maybe we are not in the lead group?

(Starts running faster trying to catch up.)

Suddenly hears the "World Series" game about to start from the outdoor speakers system.
tiger_-_dad

Hugoton, KS

#4911 Dec 31, 2014
Looks like I'll be the last winner both here and over there for this year.

I hope that everyone will have a nice and a "Happy New Year".
beatlesinafog

Porirua, New Zealand

#4912 Dec 31, 2014
tiger_-_dad wrote:
Looks like I'll be the last winner both here and over there for this year.
I hope that everyone will have a nice and a "Happy New Year".
Sorry mate .... hahaha !..and the same to you td !!... make your resolution to join the TTTTi , annnnnnnnd ..........

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Play "end of the name"... (Jun '15) 11 min Faerydust 3,371
True False Game (Jun '11) 15 min Faerydust 16,013
Poll What are you thinking right now? (May '08) 24 min I Am Enzo - The B... 6,734
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 1 hr wichita-rick 226,101
Denny Crain's Place (May '10) 1 hr 8541 MARINE 32,461
Poll How is Offbeat compared to other social websites? (Nov '11) 1 hr Emerald 5
The Next Person Game (Mar '11) 1 hr andet1987 10,681
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 2 hr Emerald 76,612
More from around the web