What do you remember from 2- 4?

Posted in the Weird Forum

“Standin' In A”

Level 8

Since: May 11

Shaft Of Light

#1 Nov 10, 2013
I'll start.
I remember catching daddy longlegs and pulling their legs off, then setting them down to see what they would do (nothing- lol).
Then, I'd eat them.(What kind of a deranged kid would eat them with the legs on?)

“Standin' In A”

Level 8

Shaft Of Light

#2 Nov 10, 2013
I remember my mom taking me swimming at the college pool once a week starting at about 3. We had matching black and white striped swim suits. She would make me go with her into the women's shower/dressing rooms. You can imagine what was at my plane of vision. lol It was like I was in a rain forest/bushland.(They were not into trimming or shaving back then.) She stopped taking me when I was about 5 and my little pointer started pointing. lol
No, that's not true, it was pretty big for a 5 year old.(That part is a joke, I think.)(wait a minute?)
Ami in Miami

Miami, FL

#3 Nov 10, 2013
I remember seeing little deranged kids ripping bugs apart and then eating them. Gross!

“Standin' In A”

Level 8

Shaft Of Light

#4 Nov 10, 2013
lol
True story.
When I was at the pool, about 3 or 4 years old, I saw this one legged man. I knew him from bridge club parties and church (he was also the head football coach at the college) and didn't know he had an artificial leg. I pulled my leg up and held it behind me, and my mom got real mad. She told me that wasn't very nice. I honestly thought he had his foot stuck in the back of his swimsuit and was just copying him.
60s chic

Allentown, PA

#5 Nov 10, 2013
When I was 3, I vividly remember my brother walking in the corridor of our apartment and screaming for my mother. I was standing at the top of the stairs and saw my brother lift his hat from his head and all of this blood came pouring over and down around his face. I began to cry and scream too and I can't remember what happened after that. My brother had been riding his sled and it slid under a car. It ripped his scalp nearly off. He was in the hospital for a few weeks and fortunately he didn't sustain any permanent injuries. He does have a v shaped scar that starts at the front of his hairline it has faded over the years. It's still there but you have to look really close to see it. I will never forget that moment in the hall when I was 3. I've had a few nightmares over the years because of that day.

Another incident I can remember when I was 4 is when my brother and I were jumping on the sofa. We weren't suppose to be doing that but it was too much fun to resist. Anyway, I ended up on the hardwood floor - on my chest. It knocked the wind out of me and I recall haven't a difficult time trying to breathe. I don't remember if an ambulance came, or I was taken to the hospital. I sustained a broken collar bone and broken arm. Very painful and debilitating for a 4 year old.

“Standin' In A”

Level 8

Shaft Of Light

#6 Nov 10, 2013
60s chic wrote:
When I was 3, I vividly remember my brother walking in the corridor of our apartment and screaming for my mother. I was standing at the top of the stairs and saw my brother lift his hat from his head and all of this blood came pouring over and down around his face. I began to cry and scream too and I can't remember what happened after that. My brother had been riding his sled and it slid under a car. It ripped his scalp nearly off. He was in the hospital for a few weeks and fortunately he didn't sustain any permanent injuries. He does have a v shaped scar that starts at the front of his hairline it has faded over the years. It's still there but you have to look really close to see it. I will never forget that moment in the hall when I was 3. I've had a few nightmares over the years because of that day.
Another incident I can remember when I was 4 is when my brother and I were jumping on the sofa. We weren't suppose to be doing that but it was too much fun to resist. Anyway, I ended up on the hardwood floor - on my chest. It knocked the wind out of me and I recall haven't a difficult time trying to breathe. I don't remember if an ambulance came, or I was taken to the hospital. I sustained a broken collar bone and broken arm. Very painful and debilitating for a 4 year old.
Scalps can bleed a lot, lucky he didn't lose too much blood.
One traumatic thing I can remember was a horse biting my finger. Pretty sure it was at 4, could have been 5. If we raise the age up to 5, I'd have too many stories! I was out on our friends farm, feeding a horse grass through the fence. Had my index finger pointing out toward the horse. It bit my finger and wouldn't let go! Maybe their jaw only goes together until a certain point before it will release and open? Anyway, I had three other little kids pulling on my waist, a tug-of-war with a horse with my finger in the middle. It seemed to take forever. Finally it let go, I think the bigger boy waived a stick like he was going to hit it. The cuts were clear to the bone on each side. That horse bit their cousin, my best friend (from about 5->), on the back a couple of years later.
60s chic

Allentown, PA

#7 Nov 10, 2013
Fisherman 808 wrote:
<quoted text>
Scalps can bleed a lot, lucky he didn't lose too much blood.
One traumatic thing I can remember was a horse biting my finger. Pretty sure it was at 4, could have been 5. If we raise the age up to 5, I'd have too many stories! I was out on our friends farm, feeding a horse grass through the fence. Had my index finger pointing out toward the horse. It bit my finger and wouldn't let go! Maybe their jaw only goes together until a certain point before it will release and open? Anyway, I had three other little kids pulling on my waist, a tug-of-war with a horse with my finger in the middle. It seemed to take forever. Finally it let go, I think the bigger boy waived a stick like he was going to hit it. The cuts were clear to the bone on each side. That horse bit their cousin, my best friend (from about 5->), on the back a couple of years later.
It's good to know your finger wasn't bit off. I always loved horses, but they scare me too. I think about the late Christopher Reeve and what happened to him when he was thrown from his horse. Anyway, that horsey bite had to be painful.
I also remember when I was 3, I was outside our apartment building playing. My brother was suppose to be watching me but kids will be kids. Some tenant threw her heart medication in the trash. They looked like pretty red candies to me and I ate a few. My brother caught me and told my mother. She rushed me to the doctor but the pills were a weak dose so no harm done. I'm shocked that any parent would expect a 6 year old to be watching a 3 year old unattended, particularly outdoors. What was my mother thinking!?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
5 Letter Word, Change 1 Letter (Oct '15) 14 min SweLL GirL 6,762
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 18 min A gift 211,596
Word association (Jun '07) 45 min Taanvi 6,312
***Keep a Word~Drop a Word*** (Jan '10) 47 min Taanvi 83,590
*add A word / drop a word* (Nov '12) 48 min Taanvi 16,272
The one item I don't want to be without....... 50 min Taanvi 66
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 1 hr Ferrerman 71,321
News Thousands of demonstrators protest Trump in Atl... 3 hr Lavey 1,477
Poll What are you thinking right now? (May '08) 4 hr liam cul8r 3,271
What Turns You Off? 5 hr liam cul8r 420