Indianapolis, IN

#5003 Jul 12, 2013
Flammable liquids are inflammable.

“The Spotted Girl News Network”

Level 8

Since: Apr 09

Spotted World

#5004 Jul 12, 2013
Why is it spelled flammable and not flamable or flameable? And why does flammable and inflammable mean the same thing?

Oh, and does anyone know that irregardless is not really a word (although the spellchecker accepts it)? But that would be a word with a double negative in it. The IR part means "not" or "without" an so does the LESS part.

“We're all Bozos on this bus”

Since: Jan 07

Indianapolis, IN

#5005 Jul 12, 2013
Do not put flammable liquids in your ear, regardless.

Level 8

Spotted World

#5006 Jul 12, 2013
You can, but just don't light your ear.

Level 8

Spotted World

#5007 Jul 12, 2013
greymouser wrote:
<quoted text>
How does one get to level 9 in ~2400 posts?
My guess is by exploiting the system rather than providing quality posts.
Perhaps we need to shut down Topix because one person is gaming the system.
After all, if one person scams the system then all should suffer, right?
That is possible. You see, posting is only part of it. 5 posts a day gives 100 points, but all the other things with that, if you do it every day gives you 355 points a day. If you do all the other things and post 5 posts a day, then 2400 posts would take 480 days with that schedule. Multiply by 355 and you get 170,400 points. Lets see if I remember the breakdown.

100 - post 5 posts a day
100 - view 100 threads
25 - share a news story on a social networking site
15 - click 5 of the 3-point items on the left side of the screen
50 - spell Topix by collecting stars in threads
10 - visit a forum or click the Forums and Polls link once
50 - get 5 props from other users (yes, you can beg for them)
5 - give 3 props (2 each for the first two and 1 for the 3rd)

If you do all of that, that is 355 points.
Level 8

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#5008 Jul 13, 2013
Why some harmless threads get deleted.
If they get overrun with trolling, then why delete the whole thread why not not just the posts. Are people really That sensitive. I'm thinking of the latest missing in action thread which was about burps. Others that have gone, some were slightly crude, but really, when there's threads about sex with various inanimate objects are posters, or Topix, Really That prudish?

Level 8

Spotted World

#5009 Jul 13, 2013
Stocking wrote:
Why some harmless threads get deleted.
If they get overrun with trolling, then why delete the whole thread why not not just the posts. Are people really That sensitive. I'm thinking of the latest missing in action thread which was about burps. Others that have gone, some were slightly crude, but really, when there's threads about sex with various inanimate objects are posters, or Topix, Really That prudish?
I started an Af. Am. thread on inferior behaviors, and they pulled it. I was glad they did. Right from the start, rather than discuss the behaviors and how to get communities of people to overcome them, I was attacked from the start and a whole flame war erupted.

The interesting thing is that threads about sex with inanimate objects are mostly started by Topix themselves. The headlines often say things they would censor if we said them.

“My Bad! Just hold me. ”

Level 9

Since: Aug 07

Orion's Belt

#5010 Jul 13, 2013
Uh Clem wrote:
If you have a 1957 calendar laying around, it's good for this year. Recycle!!!
Would be nice: http://www.tias.com/11804/PictPage/3923605275...
http://pics.classicauctions.net/classicauctio...
http://www.baxleystamps.com/litho/serizawa/10...

“no”

Level 1

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#5011 Jul 15, 2013
why do people who say they are part indian always cherokee

“ROCK ON ROCKERS!!”

Level 8

Since: Mar 11

Rockin' USA ;)

#5012 Jul 15, 2013
Frokeeshy1 wrote:
why do people who say they are part indian always cherokee
If they told ya they were APACHE.. Would ya respect them the same???

“Right click Left click Yay!”

Level 7

Since: Dec 10

Nehwon

#5013 Jul 15, 2013
Spotted Girl wrote:
<quoted text>
That is possible. You see, posting is only part of it. 5 posts a day gives 100 points, but all the other things with that, if you do it every day gives you 355 points a day. If you do all the other things and post 5 posts a day, then 2400 posts would take 480 days with that schedule. Multiply by 355 and you get 170,400 points. Lets see if I remember the breakdown.
100 - post 5 posts a day
100 - view 100 threads
25 - share a news story on a social networking site
15 - click 5 of the 3-point items on the left side of the screen
50 - spell Topix by collecting stars in threads
10 - visit a forum or click the Forums and Polls link once
50 - get 5 props from other users (yes, you can beg for them)
5 - give 3 props (2 each for the first two and 1 for the 3rd)
If you do all of that, that is 355 points.
Sounds like a lot of work that you need to do on a daily basis for quite a while.

I guess if scoring on topix is what makes one happy, good for them. Not sure if I fully get it, but to each their own.

Level 7

Nehwon

#5014 Jul 15, 2013
Are part time jobs calculated by adding or multiplying them?

For example, if you work two half time jobs, is that 1/2 + 1/2 = 1 or is that 1/2 * 1/2 = 1/4?

Level 8

Spotted World

#5015 Jul 15, 2013
greymouser wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds like a lot of work that you need to do on a daily basis for quite a while.
I guess if scoring on topix is what makes one happy, good for them. Not sure if I fully get it, but to each their own.
I've done that for entire weeks and got the perfect weekly score (2485 points) before. But it gets tiring. I tend to think they added the game as a way to get hits up to be able to command better ad prices.

Level 8

Spotted World

#5016 Jul 15, 2013
greymouser wrote:
Are part time jobs calculated by adding or multiplying them?
For example, if you work two half time jobs, is that 1/2 + 1/2 = 1 or is that 1/2 * 1/2 = 1/4?
Usually it would be adding, but in practice, your multiplication theory seems to hold.

Level 6

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#5017 Jul 15, 2013
Why this game tracker will not give credit for posts made.

Level 7

Nehwon

#5018 Jul 16, 2013
Spotted Girl wrote:
<quoted text>
I've done that for entire weeks and got the perfect weekly score (2485 points) before. But it gets tiring. I tend to think they added the game as a way to get hits up to be able to command better ad prices.
I don't know if I should congratulate you on that accomplishment or be horrified that topix had that much influence on your behavior in order to draw ad revenues.

I have a suspicion that if, according to legend, Satan is to rise up to rule the world, s/he's going to need to go to college and get caught up with the tech.

Satan will need at least a Masters degree in Marketing from a top tier school to do true evil. Even s/he can't rest on past experience from a few thousand years ago.

Level 8

Spotted World

#5019 Jul 16, 2013
greymouser wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know if I should congratulate you on that accomplishment or be horrified that topix had that much influence on your behavior in order to draw ad revenues.
I have a suspicion that if, according to legend, Satan is to rise up to rule the world, s/he's going to need to go to college and get caught up with the tech.
Satan will need at least a Masters degree in Marketing from a top tier school to do true evil. Even s/he can't rest on past experience from a few thousand years ago.
Then again, Satan will say, "The Hell with it."

Level 8

Spotted World

#5020 Jul 16, 2013
greymouser wrote:
<quoted text>
Or spend a decade in prison to get a Doctorate in Criminal Activities in some specialty, and then do an internship in crime on the streets, with a few stints in county jail for CE credits.

“Incorrupta fides, nudaque veri”

Level 9

Since: May 07

Vincit qui se vincit

#5021 Jul 16, 2013
someone speeding up to get into the fast lane only to slow down or texting in the fast lane.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News New Jersey teacher who was late for work 111 ti... 2 min oddie 3
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 2 min Hot 98 43,349
How's your weather today? (Mar '12) 5 min oddie 5,520
Interesting Quotes (Jun '11) 6 min Phaerae 14,789
CHANGE One letter CHANCE (Sep '08) 12 min SweLL GirL 32,689
+=Keep 1 Drop 1=+ 3 STACK (Mar '13) 21 min Camilla 8,882
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 52 min grace-fallen 169,168
More from around the web