Level 2

Since: May 12

Cashel, Ireland

#3703 Nov 22, 2012
Eh? Um.. hmmm.... "that"? Its my first answer but if "You" is less likely to start anything then its that instead!:)

Level 2

Since: May 12

Cashel, Ireland

#3704 Nov 22, 2012
Melody_E wrote:
Why would people who have complained about the horrid economy all year line up to shop on Black Friday? Spending credit money they do not have while bragging about how much they saved?
CLUE + HINT = If you're spending you're not saving.
True.. but for some people its a case of just wanting something nice for a change. Dont agree about the bragging though..

“Eleanor, Where is your heart?!”

Level 6

Since: Nov 11

Location hidden

#3705 Nov 23, 2012
Renegade_22 wrote:
Eh? Um.. hmmm.... "that"? Its my first answer but if "You" is less likely to start anything then its that instead!:)
You said that?

“I call it as I see it.”

Level 8

Since: Jul 09

Retirement City

#3706 Nov 23, 2012
Spotted Girl wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, this has a serious answer. Traditionally, red ink was used for recording debts, while black was used for recording positive numbers. So accountants want to see things "in the black." So if large retailers operate on a deficit through much of the year, Black Friday is when they start to bring their figures into the black. After that point, it is supposedly all profits.
Actually, I was aware of this. I was just trying to keep with the spirit of this thread by asking why do they call it Black Friday when it is always one of the best, if not the best days for retailers. Fun spoiler (LOL)!

“I call it as I see it.”

Level 8

Since: Jul 09

Retirement City

#3707 Nov 23, 2012
I fish wrote:
why would a lecture everyone's heard thousands of times be successful today?
Why is it when a lie is repeated often enough, people will believe it while when they are lectured truthfully time and time again on the same subject, they never listen?

“Stop libel and bullying.”

Level 8

Since: Apr 09

Spotted World

#3708 Nov 23, 2012
flbadcatowner wrote:
<quoted text>Actually, I was aware of this. I was just trying to keep with the spirit of this thread by asking why do they call it Black Friday when it is always one of the best, if not the best days for retailers. Fun spoiler (LOL)!
Not a fun spoiler at all, as trivia and technical knowledge give me the most pleasure. For me, fun is incorporated into every aspect of life, not just set aside times.

But if we want to ponder, it is surprising few consider it a racist term. If White people celebrate Black Friday, do Black folks celebrate White Friday? Plus what about Green and Blue people?

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#3709 Nov 24, 2012
Do you realize that if Taylor Swift and Taylor Lautner got married they'd both be Taylor Lautner?

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#3710 Nov 24, 2012
I asked my wife what she wanted for Christmas and she said "Nothing would make me happier than diamond earrings."

I want my baby to be happy, so I'm getting her nothing.

Level 6

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#3711 Nov 24, 2012
how it'll take.. for me to find my stairway to heaven

“Right click Left click Yay!”

Level 7

Since: Dec 10

Nehwon

#3712 Nov 24, 2012
Hoof Arted wrote:
I asked my wife what she wanted for Christmas and she said "Nothing would make me happier than diamond earrings."
I want my baby to be happy, so I'm getting her nothing.
You'll keep us posted on how that goes, right?

I'm thinking your followup will be something like "Now why didn't I fix the roof and insulate the dog house when it was warm out?"

“Right click Left click Yay!”

Level 7

Since: Dec 10

Nehwon

#3713 Nov 24, 2012
Spotted Girl wrote:
<quoted text>
Then again, you'd only have 7 letters to type with, and if you want to say something sharp, you only have to add #. Or if your words come out wrong, add a "b" to the end.
That would be assuming I label the piano keys in the normal octave naming scheme.

You could also assign middle C as letter A, D becomes letter C, E would still be E as would F, G becomes H, and so on.

And if you use capital and lowercase letters you can have 52 notes.

oF COURSE, THAT MIGHT LOOK LIKE i ACCIDENTALLY LEFT THE cAPSlOCK kEY ON. bUT IT SOUNDED LIKE mOZART!

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#3715 Nov 25, 2012
greymouser wrote:
<quoted text>
You'll keep us posted on how that goes, right?
I'm thinking your followup will be something like "Now why didn't I fix the roof and insulate the dog house when it was warm out?"
Bad idea?

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#3716 Nov 25, 2012
Turkey leftovers still in the freezer, Christmas decorations are up, radio stations playing nothign but Christmas songs..... Screw it.


HAPPY EASTER EVERYONE!!!

“Eleanor, Where is your heart?!”

Level 6

Since: Nov 11

Location hidden

#3717 Nov 25, 2012
flbadcatowner wrote:
<quoted text>Why is it when a lie is repeated often enough, people will believe it while when they are lectured truthfully time and time again on the same subject, they never listen?
Millions of people are skilled in speaking truth...but not the truth in love.
the stupid thing i need to ponder is whether or not Daniel Craig and Russel Crowe can make the new "The Man that shot Libberty Valance"...seriously it needs to happen. Crowe can actually be Liberty if he feels like it...

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#3718 Nov 25, 2012
greymouser wrote:
<quoted text>
You'll keep us posted on how that goes, right?
I'm thinking your followup will be something like "Now why didn't I fix the roof and insulate the dog house when it was warm out?"
Now you have me thinking that "nothing" may not be a good idea. Butthere is a reason I have to ask specifically what she wants. Last year I asked what she wanted for Christmas and she said "I don't know."

A couple of days later I saw a rusty little piece of metal while on a walk, so I kept it and gave it to her on Christmas Day.

"What's this?" she asked.

"I don't know," I said.

So to keep with the Spirit of Christmas, I went in and asked the wife what she wanted this year.

Smiling, she said "Oh, I don't kn.... ummm, maybe something tasteful, cool and sparkly."

So I've got it figured out... a bottle of 7 Up it is then.

Last January it was very cold here, so I have to thank you so much for helping me out this year.

Level 6

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#3719 Nov 25, 2012
Hoof Arted wrote:
<quoted text>
Now you have me thinking that "nothing" may not be a good idea. Butthere is a reason I have to ask specifically what she wants. Last year I asked what she wanted for Christmas and she said "I don't know."
A couple of days later I saw a rusty little piece of metal while on a walk, so I kept it and gave it to her on Christmas Day.
"What's this?" she asked.
"I don't know," I said.
So to keep with the Spirit of Christmas, I went in and asked the wife what she wanted this year.
Smiling, she said "Oh, I don't kn.... ummm, maybe something tasteful, cool and sparkly."
So I've got it figured out... a bottle of 7 Up it is then.
Last January it was very cold here, so I have to thank you so much for helping me out this year.
Great idea!
I suggest your 7-up needs some ice in it.
About two carats worth should do.
You're welcome.
;-D

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#3720 Nov 26, 2012
TenderTink wrote:
<quoted text>
Great idea!
I suggest your 7-up needs some ice in it.
About two carats worth should do.
You're welcome.
;-D
"Ice?" "Carots?" Okay. I think you're making fun of me. I asked the wife, again, what she wants and it turns out that 7 Up doesn't fit the clue she gave me. She said "It starts with an 'R' and ends with a 'G' and fits nicely on my hand and I want to wear it every day."

So I finally have it all figured out. A new rag for dishes it is!

Thanks again!

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#3721 Nov 26, 2012
My New Year's resolution this year is to do things ahead of time.

Level 6

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#3722 Nov 26, 2012
Hoof Arted wrote:
<quoted text>
"Ice?" "Carots?" Okay. I think you're making fun of me. I asked the wife, again, what she wants and it turns out that 7 Up doesn't fit the clue she gave me. She said "It starts with an 'R' and ends with a 'G' and fits nicely on my hand and I want to wear it every day."
So I finally have it all figured out. A new rag for dishes it is!
Thanks again!
LOL!! Good luck with that darlin'!
;-)

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#3723 Nov 26, 2012
My wife came in and was reading over my shoulder. She asked me to get off the computer for a minute and said "I want you to give me a ring this Christmas."

And I said "Why would I phone you? I'll be here and we can talk face to face."

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 4 min Dogen 132,471
3 Word Advice (Good or Bad) 5 min andet1987 244
4 Word Game (Use Same Letter) 11 min andet1987 209
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 13 min wichita-rick 152,459
6 letter word ...change one letter game (Oct '08) 20 min andet1987 26,685
Change "1" letter =ONLY= (Oct '12) 26 min andet1987 4,237
Change 1 letter game! (Nov '11) 33 min andet1987 2,945
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 1 hr lol 25,662
Let's Play Song Titles With One Word? 1 hr CJ Rocker 222
HOW LONG can you hold YOUR SEMEN ? For men only. (Mar '12) 3 hr -Lea- 47
Merry Christmas Topix, Thanks For,...? 3 hr Santa 128
More from around the web