I like it.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Judged:

Why do we have Black Friday? People should have to stay home on Thanksgiving and the weekend after and be thankful, dammit!

“My latest victim”

Since: Jul 10

Livonia, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Judged:

missing_goldfish wrote:
Why do we have Black Friday? People should have to stay home on Thanksgiving and the weekend after and be thankful, dammit!
I'm thankful. I'm thankful I'm going to get a 42" flat screen tv and blue ray for under $300.00.

Lol.

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Every time I have to use a public restroom I'm surprised at how many people must walk around with a magic marker.

Level 2

Since: May 12

Cashel, Ireland

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Judged:

greymouser wrote:
I wonder if I should modify my car so the reverse lights come on when I take my foot off the brake.
The looks on driver's faces behind me would be priceless when the light turns from red to green.
Aw you have GOT to do that! I wired a freinds cars brake lights to his horn onceXD

“I call it as I see it.”

Level 8

Since: Jul 09

Retirement City

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Judged:

Why is the day after Thanksgiving called Black Friday even though it is such a good day for retailers?

“Proud White Woman for life!”

Level 8

Since: Apr 09

Spotted World

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

flbadcatowner wrote:
Why is the day after Thanksgiving called Black Friday even though it is such a good day for retailers?
Actually, this has a serious answer. Traditionally, red ink was used for recording debts, while black was used for recording positive numbers. So accountants want to see things "in the black." So if large retailers operate on a deficit through much of the year, Black Friday is when they start to bring their figures into the black. After that point, it is supposedly all profits.

“Eleanor, Where is your heart?!”

Level 6

Since: Nov 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Renegade_22 wrote:
<quoted text>
Aw you have GOT to do that! I wired a freinds cars brake lights to his horn onceXD
Once when they were your friend?

“Right click Left click Yay!”

Level 7

Nehwon

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Judged:

Renegade_22 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, I did think of replacing the horn sound with that of a charging rhino.

I mean, who wouldn't get out of the way when they heard that?

Where I failed was trying to get a recording of a charging rhino. I was too busy trying to get out of the way and neglected to hit the "record" button.

Level 7

Nehwon

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Judged:

Spotted Girl wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, this has a serious answer. Traditionally, red ink was used for recording debts, while black was used for recording positive numbers. So accountants want to see things "in the black." So if large retailers operate on a deficit through much of the year, Black Friday is when they start to bring their figures into the black. After that point, it is supposedly all profits.
And now, losses are recorded in parenthesis.

In writing, a phrase or idea in parenthesis is one that you can neglect to read without altering the main point (just like parenthesis in a play script is something spoken to the audience, that the other actors don't hear).

Red ink just draws attention to a dire situation. But you can safely ignore parenthetical statements (until the bank sends Tony the Louisville Slugger (his preferred weapon) to collect on your debts.)

Level 7

Nehwon

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Judged:

I wonder if I could combine a piano keyboard with a computer keyboard.

That way, if I made a good post, I could also compose a nifty tune at the same time.

Level 8

Spotted World

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

greymouser wrote:
I wonder if I could combine a piano keyboard with a computer keyboard.
That way, if I made a good post, I could also compose a nifty tune at the same time.
Then again, you'd only have 7 letters to type with, and if you want to say something sharp, you only have to add #. Or if your words come out wrong, add a "b" to the end.

“Are We Having Fun Yet???”

Level 8

Since: Jun 08

If Not, Why Not!!!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

Judged:

Why do so many people in grocery stores park their carts on one side and then step to the other side to get the product they want, thus blocking the entire walkway???

Then they look up and say: Oh, I'm sorry. I want to say, then don't do that, but instead I say, that's OK, cause......I want to live to shop another day..........

Level 8

Spotted World

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

Tiger Lilly wrote:
Why do so many people in grocery stores park their carts on one side and then step to the other side to get the product they want, thus blocking the entire walkway???
Then they look up and say: Oh, I'm sorry. I want to say, then don't do that, but instead I say, that's OK, cause......I want to live to shop another day..........
Good point. And I must plead guilty.

Level 6

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

Why don't people want other people to stay alive?

“Sing a song of 6 pence”

Level 7

Since: Jun 12

Pocket full of wry

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

Tiger Lilly wrote:
Guilty as charged.:) Thinking of the cart as a vehicle and staying on the right side of the aisle. Reaching across to gather items on the far side. Rather than make an awkward U-turn and doing the same aisle twice.

Happy TG.

“Sing a song of 6 pence”

Level 7

Since: Jun 12

Pocket full of wry

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

Judged:

Why would people who have complained about the horrid economy all year line up to shop on Black Friday? Spending credit money they do not have while bragging about how much they saved?

CLUE + HINT = If you're spending you're not saving.

Level 6

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

why would a lecture everyone's heard thousands of times be successful today?

Level 2

Cashel, Ireland

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

I fish wrote:
<quoted text>
Once when they were your friend?
You could say that:)

Level 2

Cashel, Ireland

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

greymouser wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, I did think of replacing the horn sound with that of a charging rhino.
I mean, who wouldn't get out of the way when they heard that?
Where I failed was trying to get a recording of a charging rhino. I was too busy trying to get out of the way and neglected to hit the "record" button.
Ah ha ha ha! Sucks when the body just takes over like that! Ever put a hot water bottle on an exhaust? Use a jubilee clip if you do. Cable ties or tape simply wont hold. The bang when it finally pops could easily bring the police around!

Level 6

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

Renegade_22 wrote:
<quoted text>
You could say that:)
do I read that with more emphasis on 'you' of 'that'?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••