Landlord spray paints 'deadbeat tenants' on home

Aug 5, 2010 | Posted by: Hitesrunprincess | Full story: www.wsbt.com

WBTV reports that landlord Vanessa McCants spray painted the words "deadbeat tenants" on a Charlotte house she rents to Shanae Jackson.

Comments (Page 4)

Showing posts 61 - 74 of74
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Up with which, I will not put”

Since: Jul 08

Absolutely

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2010

Judged:

Capn Greg wrote:
<quoted text>
*clears his throat*
Bullshit. I own several rental properties that I maintain to a level that I would live in myself. One renter got almost 3 months behind and I allowed her to leave without paying me just to get her out so I could rent the place to someone else. She thanked me by pouring red paint on all the rooms with carpet.
Another renter just filed for bankruptcy, putting an automatic stay on any debts he has, including back rent, and being that rent isn't a secured asset, I will go WAY BACK in line, and being Chapter 13, IF.......... BIG FRIGGIN IF I get any money for back rent, it will be pennies on the dollar spread out over time... Also, since filing bankruptcy, renter's automatic stay prevents me for filing ANY eviction action against him. So... I have to sit on my hands for at least 30 MORE days with no rent, then start an eviction process that takes up to 60 or 90 days, meanwhile, this shithead was two months behind, now adding this month, and potentially 3 more months. Hmmmm, helluva deal, live completely rent-free for 6 months...
Now, do you suppose how I am to explain to the bank that wants MY payment each month ON TIME, that I can't pay them now because my poor unfortunate tenant just went belly up?*crickets*
The law should be such that if a person (renter) is occupying a property that he is in arrears on rent payments, that person has 7 days from the date of filing for bankruptcy to vacate the property and give the owner the opportunity to minimize his losses by putting the property back on the market for rent. The renter has no basis in the property, therefore it will neither help nor hurt his debt recovery through bankruptcy.
We all make bad choices, and I would hope learn from them and don't repeat them. But I don't see how his bad choices are teaching me a lesson. I'm filing a motion to lift the automatic stay this week, and am hoping the court finds my argument favorably. I'm filing pro se, as I sure don't intend to feed lawyers while I'm at it...
Well said Capn, you post a very good point. Good luck.
Spike

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2010

Judged:

Why is this tenant not in jail? If I go to a store and take something, and not pay for it, it's stealing. If you stay in a house and make no attempt to pay rent, it's stealing.

“Always consider the dragon ...”

Level 5

Since: Apr 09

If you live near her.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2010

Judged:

You gotta give the landlord credit, pretty damn funny.

“Purple girl in a purple world”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Plum, Purplonia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2010

rebecca in conyers wrote:
You gotta give the landlord credit, pretty damn funny.
Well, that is similar to what some neighbors did in a vice area. The police and landlords didn't do much, so they nailed up signs identifying where to buy sex or drugs. They figured they would either shame them or at least keep them out of their yards and help direct the cops to the right houses.

And I was riding past a house where someone put a sign with bad grammar on their own door to this effect to keep the bad neighbors away: "No sell crack no p*ssy not at all cops get called."

“behind curtain #1”

Since: Jul 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2010

Spike wrote:
Why is this tenant not in jail? If I go to a store and take something, and not pay for it, it's stealing. If you stay in a house and make no attempt to pay rent, it's stealing.
If the landlord had thrown them out after the first time of not paying, the rest of non payment is the landlords fault too.
Capn Greg

Blacksburg, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2010

HAIRY wrote:
<quoted text>If the landlord had thrown them out after the first time of not paying, the rest of non payment is the landlords fault too.
do yourself a favor, buy a piece of property, rent it, and when you face this situation, come back and let us know how it worked out...

Don't know bout the rest of you, but I've just refunded your two cents.......

“My latest victim”

Since: Jul 10

Santa Barbara, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2010

Judged:

My cousin did something similar to someone else's property. He had put a new roof on this man's house and the guy didn't pay him. He spray painted the words "Green Acres" across the roof. He got in trouble, but I still thought it was funny as hell.
Wake Me Up

Spring, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 8, 2010

NeverMissed wrote:
My cousin did something similar to someone else's property. He had put a new roof on this man's house and the guy didn't pay him. He spray painted the words "Green Acres" across the roof. He got in trouble, but I still thought it was funny as hell.
I've been a landlord. It's an awful way to make a living. I don't know that spray paint is the answer.
rufus levin

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 9, 2010

Judged:

tenant needs to spraypaint Below the tenant message:

"RICH SLUMLORD OWNER WON'T REPAIR PLUMBING AND LEAKING ROOF"

Great opportunity for Battle of the Messages.
Disappointed

Monroe, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2013

File eviction . Save money dont buy spray paint . When they move u just gotta paint again , course you know this ?
qewdude

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

youtube.com/watch...
Crazy Landlord ive read about these cases before

Level 9

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

...and before they leave they will vandalize the place.
Level 5

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

All dead beats and criminals need to be sprayed PINK. Then we all know who they are and can avoid them.

Level 9

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2013

There are zillions of them that move from place to place and only pay rent for the first month. It takes at least 3 months to evict them, then they move again and do the same thing. Why can't they get free housing from Obama?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 61 - 74 of74
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

123 Users are viewing the Weird Forum right now

Search the Weird Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
A real gentleman doesn't (Oct '13) 7 min Parden Pard 736
Lets Ask Billy R! (May '12) 9 min Enzo49 2,201
Make A Sentance out of a 5 letter word. (Nov '09) 12 min Parden Pard 27,675
Last 3 Letters into 3 new words. (Dec '08) 17 min Parden Pard 52,723
Letter W.. 18 min Independent 692
Change-one-of-six-letters (Dec '12) 19 min Independent 2,662
Add a Word, Ruin a Movie (Oct '13) 19 min Parden Pard 2,608
BAN(N) the P0STER Above you !!! 19 min greymouser 822
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 22 min wichita-rick 131,532