Landlord spray paints 'deadbeat tenants' on home

Aug 5, 2010 Full story: www.wsbt.com 76

WBTV reports that landlord Vanessa McCants spray painted the words "deadbeat tenants" on a Charlotte house she rents to Shanae Jackson.

Full Story

“WOOH!!”

Level 1

Since: May 08

Vallejo, CA

#21 Aug 6, 2010
Barney Stinson wrote:
<quoted text>If it's the second scenario, than the woman is a thief and should be arrested. She's practically stealing the landlord's house.
There's no criminal offense involved here, unless there's already been an order of eviction.

“behind curtain #1”

Since: Jul 08

Location hidden

#22 Aug 6, 2010
Heywood Jablomy wrote:
<quoted text>
what color?
Sky blue orange_is that ok with you?It should be black and white to you.
Gods Pissed

Mandeville, LA

#23 Aug 6, 2010
NiftyWitch wrote:
Okay, is the home being foreclosed on because the landlord isn't getting the rent and therefore can't pay the mortgage (which doesn't seem likely, since a foreclosure action wouldn't be taken after just two months), or is the tenant not paying rent because she knows the house is in foreclosure, and she needs the money to move on?
If it's the second scenario, I don't blame her for not paying rent. While she may be legally obligated to do so, I'd do what I had to do to make sure my family had a roof over their head. Especially when the mortgage isn't getting paid anyway, so the landlord really isn't out much, if anything. Plus, depending on the state, if the landlord is collecting rent money with no intention of paying the mortgage, that's called "skimming", and is a criminal offense.
If she is not paying her rent for any reason, she is breaking the law! Try getting someone out of your property who does not pay the rent and see who has all the rights. They will destroy it and leave animals in it. God have mercy on landlords.
Glasnos

El Paso, TX

#24 Aug 6, 2010
Heywood Jablomy wrote:
<quoted text>
what color?
Rainbow ... I hear diversity is in.

“WOOH!!”

Level 1

Vallejo, CA

#25 Aug 6, 2010
Gods Pissed wrote:
<quoted text>
If she is not paying her rent for any reason, she is breaking the law! Try getting someone out of your property who does not pay the rent and see who has all the rights. They will destroy it and leave animals in it. God have mercy on landlords.
1. It's a civil matter, not a criminal matter.
2. Not all situation are like that.
3. Landlords and tenants are all human. They can be responsible and law-abiding, or complete @holes. I've always been a responsible tenant, took care of the places I rented and never trashed anything, no matter how awful the landlord was. But I can tell you horror stories of what I've had to put up with from unethical property owners, and believe it or not, the law is on their side. It's very hard to fight back, unless you can afford a good lawyer.

Since: Feb 09

New Albany, IN

#26 Aug 7, 2010
Take the front door off.

“Purple girl in a purple world”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Plum, Purplonia

#27 Aug 7, 2010
justagi wrote:
Take the front door off.
I know someone who did that. They already had eviction papers and the deadbeat drug dealers still refused to leave. So the landlord removed the hinge pins from their door.

“WOOH!!”

Level 1

Vallejo, CA

#28 Aug 7, 2010
Purple Gurl wrote:
<quoted text>
I know someone who did that. They already had eviction papers and the deadbeat drug dealers still refused to leave. So the landlord removed the hinge pins from their door.
Usually the local sheriff will go in and kick them out.???
test

Yadkinville, NC

#29 Aug 9, 2010
strange
tiredofliberals

Yadkinville, NC

#30 Aug 9, 2010
This landlord's a genius!

“behind curtain #1”

Location hidden

#31 Aug 9, 2010
tiredofliberals wrote:
This landlord's a genius!
If he was a genius, he wouldn't be a landlord.
tiredofliberals

Yadkinville, NC

#32 Aug 9, 2010
HAIRY wrote:
<quoted text>If he was a genius, he wouldn't be a landlord.
OMG, you got me there! I tried it once, and that was enough. The renters wouldn't pay rent for two months, so I told them to get out. They did, and they left two of the cars they owned in the yard. They told a neighbor to let me know they'd come back the next day to get them. I immediately called a junk dealer and told him he could have the cars for nothing if he'd pick them up within the hour. He did. The next day the renter called me wanting his cars, but I refused to tell him where they were until he paid me his back rent. He didn't pay; I didn't tell, and the junk man ended up with two decent cars that he sold for a good profit. It was worth every bit of the rent I lost. LOL You're right. Being a landlord just isn't worth the trouble of deadbeat renters.
tonya

Easton, MD

#33 Aug 9, 2010
>...Spray painted the words "deadbeat tenants" on a Charlotte house she rents to Shanae Jackson.

I'm with Shanae, because it sounds like the landlord was not paying taxes and mortgage on the property. She created this false scenario of "blame the tenant" so others will feel sorry for her. Its sad when people are evicted without warning because of a sleazy landlord.

“behind curtain #1”

Location hidden

#34 Aug 9, 2010
tiredofliberals wrote:
<quoted text>
OMG, you got me there! I tried it once, and that was enough. The renters wouldn't pay rent for two months, so I told them to get out. They did, and they left two of the cars they owned in the yard. They told a neighbor to let me know they'd come back the next day to get them. I immediately called a junk dealer and told him he could have the cars for nothing if he'd pick them up within the hour. He did. The next day the renter called me wanting his cars, but I refused to tell him where they were until he paid me his back rent. He didn't pay; I didn't tell, and the junk man ended up with two decent cars that he sold for a good profit. It was worth every bit of the rent I lost. LOL You're right. Being a landlord just isn't worth the trouble of deadbeat renters.
At least you have an apartment left.

Level 8

Plum, Purplonia

#35 Aug 9, 2010
HAIRY wrote:
<quoted text>At least you have an apartment left.
True. I've heard the horror stories, like the friend of mine in Arkansas, her family used to rent out property. They would destroy the place, and when you kick them out, they destroy it some more. They were taking light fixtures, phone jacks, and other fixtures with them, etc.

“behind curtain #1”

Location hidden

#36 Aug 10, 2010
Purple Gurl wrote:
<quoted text>
True. I've heard the horror stories, like the friend of mine in Arkansas, her family used to rent out property. They would destroy the place, and when you kick them out, they destroy it some more. They were taking light fixtures, phone jacks, and other fixtures with them, etc.
Or even destroy the landlords cars.

“frequently laughing”

Level 8

Since: Apr 09

Hotel California

#37 Aug 10, 2010
Purple Gurl wrote:
<quoted text>
There was house here they were selling/ recycling the siding of off....

“behind curtain #1”

Location hidden

#38 Aug 10, 2010
Always Wary wrote:
<quoted text>There was house here they were selling/ recycling the siding of off....
In my neighborhood, they steal pipe tubing, and sell that.(copper)

Level 8

Plum, Purplonia

#39 Aug 10, 2010
Always Wary wrote:
<quoted text>There was house here they were selling/ recycling the siding of off....
Yes, I lived in an area like that where they were putting up HUD houses. The builders were putting them up by day and the thieves were dismantling them by night.

“WOOH!!”

Level 1

Vallejo, CA

#40 Aug 10, 2010
There are a lot of idiots out there who make horrible tenants. But there are just as many greedy, crooked landlords who just want to collect the rent, and not fulfill any of their responsibilities.

I've had some great landlords, and I've also had Landlords From Hell.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 6 min SLY WEST 147,636
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 18 min Dogen 117,357
(Non Computer) Mouse issues HELP!! 1 hr SLY WEST 42
Things Not To Say In Bed (Oct '11) 1 hr -Lea- 2,659
Top Deal Breakers in Relationships (Feb '13) 1 hr SLY WEST 835
I Like..... (Mar '14) 1 hr SLY WEST 376
Add a word and drop a word (Jan '14) 2 hr Crazy Jae 1,418
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 2 hr -Lea- 21,356
Do you have a Topix crush? (Jun '11) 4 hr Princess Hey 6,370
Woman Held in Jail for Weeks Over SpaghettiOs 5 hr NOM s Waffle House 9