Landlord spray paints 'deadbeat tenants' on home

Aug 5, 2010 Full story: www.wsbt.com 76

WBTV reports that landlord Vanessa McCants spray painted the words "deadbeat tenants" on a Charlotte house she rents to Shanae Jackson.

Full Story
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

“Up with which, I will not put”

Since: Jul 08

Sao Paulo

#1 Aug 5, 2010
Good for her. And she canīt be charged with vandalism or destruction - itīs her property!
DILF

Medford, NY

#2 Aug 5, 2010
Brilliant!!!

Good for her!!!!

“frequently laughing”

Level 8

Since: Apr 09

Hotel California

#3 Aug 5, 2010
Good for her!
Pretty Feet

Philadelphia, PA

#4 Aug 5, 2010
its harder to evict a person than u would think, i'd say it will only make her feel good for about a second, because i have a feeling tenants like that wont be bothered by it.
they probably wont even notice it.
i feel for this woman though,
it is frustrating..
Phil McCracken

Philadelphia, PA

#5 Aug 5, 2010
Wait until she tries to buy healthcare!!!

“you're not the boss of me!”

Since: Jan 08

the road less traveled.....

#6 Aug 5, 2010
It's got to be Bush's fault

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

Since: Feb 08

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#7 Aug 5, 2010
and up goes his deductible ... how silly!

“WOOH!!”

Level 1

Since: May 08

Vallejo, CA

#8 Aug 5, 2010
Okay, is the home being foreclosed on because the landlord isn't getting the rent and therefore can't pay the mortgage (which doesn't seem likely, since a foreclosure action wouldn't be taken after just two months), or is the tenant not paying rent because she knows the house is in foreclosure, and she needs the money to move on?

If it's the second scenario, I don't blame her for not paying rent. While she may be legally obligated to do so, I'd do what I had to do to make sure my family had a roof over their head. Especially when the mortgage isn't getting paid anyway, so the landlord really isn't out much, if anything. Plus, depending on the state, if the landlord is collecting rent money with no intention of paying the mortgage, that's called "skimming", and is a criminal offense.
The Optical Optimist

Medford, NY

#9 Aug 5, 2010
NiftyWitch wrote:
Okay, is the home being foreclosed on because the landlord isn't getting the rent and therefore can't pay the mortgage (which doesn't seem likely, since a foreclosure action wouldn't be taken after just two months), or is the tenant not paying rent because she knows the house is in foreclosure, and she needs the money to move on?
If it's the second scenario, I don't blame her for not paying rent. While she may be legally obligated to do so, I'd do what I had to do to make sure my family had a roof over their head. Especially when the mortgage isn't getting paid anyway, so the landlord really isn't out much, if anything. Plus, depending on the state, if the landlord is collecting rent money with no intention of paying the mortgage, that's called "skimming", and is a criminal offense.
Thanks for your pessimistic viewpoint.

“you're not the boss of me!”

Since: Jan 08

the road less traveled.....

#10 Aug 5, 2010
I didn't get this one, I would NEVER deface a property I owned...even if I was possibly going to lose it to the lien holder.

what ever happened to that old adage: "revenge is a dish best served cold."

sleep on it, time is on your side. don't mess up your own stuff...what do they care?

just my opinion. this story didn't ring true to me.
Who cares

Indianapolis, IN

#11 Aug 5, 2010
Saw another way, Take the front door off the hinges. Might not work in the Winter.
Level 2

Since: Jun 09

United States

#12 Aug 5, 2010
NiftyWitch wrote:
If it's the second scenario, than the woman is a thief and should be arrested. She's practically stealing the landlord's house.
Zombie Corpse Rental

San Jose, CA

#13 Aug 5, 2010
Having any kind of small business is tough.
Sure, zombies may be low-maintenance, but they still have to be fed, hosed down, and the rotting bits pasted back on.

Since: Aug 09

Walnutport, PA

#14 Aug 5, 2010
Does this spray act as insecticide? If so, I may stop paying rent.

Since: Aug 09

Walnutport, PA

#15 Aug 5, 2010
>...Spray painted the words "deadbeat tenants" on a Charlotte house she rents to Shanae Jackson.

Shanae, you sound like an Offbeat poster for sure. What's your side of the story?

“behind curtain #1”

Since: Jul 08

Location hidden

#16 Aug 5, 2010
She should of spray painted the tenants!
Heywood Jablomy

Philadelphia, PA

#17 Aug 5, 2010
HAIRY wrote:
She should of spray painted the tenants!
what color?

“Purple girl in a purple world”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Plum, Purplonia

#18 Aug 5, 2010
Heywood Jablomy wrote:
<quoted text>
what color?
OMG! What, spray them beige/white and hope that helps them find work?

Sorry, I'm just having fun here.
Shanae

Medford, NY

#19 Aug 6, 2010
corrective_unconscious wrote:
>...Spray painted the words "deadbeat tenants" on a Charlotte house she rents to Shanae Jackson.
Shanae, you sound like an Offbeat poster for sure. What's your side of the story?
Thank you for lettin me be sayin my side of da story bro...
We ain't no deadbeats, it be hard times. We gots three 1989 Caddys that have 8 more years of payments to go. We gots to chose what be mo impotant, car payment or rent? It be 6 months befo we can get victed but the repo man can come in less than 2 months. So decision it be easy, make da car payments.

“WOOH!!”

Level 1

Since: May 08

Vallejo, CA

#20 Aug 6, 2010
The Optical Optimist wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for your pessimistic viewpoint.
What's pessimistic about it?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 4 min Wolftracks 132,050
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 5 min wichita-rick 152,411
30,000 post wins (May '13) 10 min NotaGoth 2,080
Let's Play Song Titles With One Word? 12 min wichita-rick 156
20,000th Post Wins - 2d Edition (Jan '13) 14 min NotaGoth 1,720
The letter E (Jun '13) 15 min Wolftracks 910
10,000th Post WINS 4.0 (Apr '12) 16 min NotaGoth 5,276
Merry Christmas Topix, Thanks For,...? 37 min -Lea- 113
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 46 min A Noted Fact 25,560
"OLD SAYINGS" - - - Feel free to post them here... 1 hr Old Sam 76