Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#1029 Apr 8, 2012
Chatty Kathy wrote:
I don't think it is whether in person or online that decides whether a person can be a friend to someone. It is how the relationship grows whether in person or online. Just depends how the two people connect. They either find similar likes / dislikes and so on.
If you enjoy chatting with the person ( oh yes just in case some are not aware it is a person behind the keyboard not a robot) and enjoy the conversation then it is a possible beginning of a friendship. If it just stays online that is still a form of friendship.
Enjoy your friendships in person and online and wishing everyone a wonderful weekend and Easter Holiday!:)hugs!
I was recently cyber friends with a person who seemed really nice and level headed. She, however, absolutely worshipped one of the most despicable, unyeilding reichtards on Offbeat and was forced by that person to end her friendship with me. The adage, "you're judged by the company you keep" rang quite true to me after that. I should have seen it coming.

“Yum Chocolate!”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

#1030 Apr 8, 2012
Ferrerman wrote:
<quoted text>I was recently cyber friends with a person who seemed really nice and level headed. She, however, absolutely worshipped one of the most despicable, unyeilding reichtards on Offbeat and was forced by that person to end her friendship with me. The adage, "you're judged by the company you keep" rang quite true to me after that. I should have seen it coming.
I'm sorry Ferrerman that you lost a friendship that way. I don't believe you should be judged by the company you keep. I feel each person should be judged on how they treat others. I do my best to respond how others respond to me no matter who may like them or not.

Hope you had a Happy Easter!:)hugs!

“IT'S a Scream!”

Level 6

Since: Oct 09

Rville

#1031 Apr 8, 2012
Chatty Kathy wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi JH, great points in your posts. I really see it as friendships in both places. Each person will decide what they want to do with a friendship and that is how it grows. We all have our expectations and worries on moving forward but I don't think it is whether on the internet or in person it is truly how the person is connecting with the other. I think that some see a friendship one way and expect it to be the same as those they have met in person. But friendships can just be enjoying a conversation online. I guess my point is some will post whatever they like because they feel the internet is not real I find that odd since they are chatting with a real person. I have a few here that actually became in person friends and then there are many I keep as my cyber friends. But they are all still a form of friendship. That is how I see it.:)
I like this post. Hi Chatty Kathy, thank you for being a cyber friend to me. Shout out to all of the other friendly posters as well!

“Yum Chocolate!”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

#1032 Apr 8, 2012
incogneato wrote:
<quoted text>I like this post. Hi Chatty Kathy, thank you for being a cyber friend to me. Shout out to all of the other friendly posters as well!
Hi neato and Happy Easter! I hope that you are doing well and enjoying your weekend/holiday!:)hugs!

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#1033 Apr 8, 2012
Chatty Kathy wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sorry Ferrerman that you lost a friendship that way. I don't believe you should be judged by the company you keep. I feel each person should be judged on how they treat others. I do my best to respond how others respond to me no matter who may like them or not.
Hope you had a Happy Easter!:)hugs!
It's allright. She's still a nice, thoughtful person. Just runs with a bad crowd.

Easter was great! HAM AND LAMB! WOOHOO! Hope you had a great one too!

“Yum Chocolate!”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

#1034 Apr 8, 2012
Ferrerman wrote:
<quoted text>It's allright. She's still a nice, thoughtful person. Just runs with a bad crowd.
Easter was great! HAM AND LAMB! WOOHOO! Hope you had a great one too!
Glad you had a wonderful Easter! Wishing you a great week ahead!:)hugs!

“MEOW!”

Since: Jun 06

UK

#1035 Apr 10, 2012
Good question Chatty Kathy.....and the answer was
brought home to me only recently.

Because I had the 'audacity' to respond to a certain
poster, a lady I considered a nice friend, completely
kicked me to the kerb.....I believe is the expression.

Lesson learnt. I was thankful to learn how she felt
before any further friendship developed.

But how dare anyone dictate who one should, or should not,'talk' to. Ludicrous.

“MEOW!”

Since: Jun 06

UK

#1036 Apr 10, 2012
Marissa 2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks Eleanor, I was just GREATFUL the Lord, kept us safe...without our seatbelts on...we would have been killed...He sure was watching out for us that day...:)
Happy Easter to you as well...:)
Both our sons have been fortunate in that respect Marissa. My son
had obtained work as a 'motor cyclist courier' he was in his early
20's at the time and was sitting at traffic lights waiting for them to change when a car drove into the back of his 'bike.
His life was hanging by a thread, and his pride and joy was a write-off.
Since then he has made a full recovery and has two children born after the event.
Somebody was watching over him!

Hope you had a good Easter.....how is the elderly lady?

Level 9

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#1037 Apr 10, 2012
PFfff wrote:
<quoted text>
i understand that, i think its just that we have to be open and willing to take on another persons joy and sadness in life. sometimes its enough to just deal with our own and so we cant handle outside problems.
but i know for myself there have been people in my life who've come and gone, and had i let myself absorb all the good and bad they had to offer, a stronge bond could have been made and my life would have been much richer for it.
but i guess in reality im a loner and always will be.
we all know what we can handle, for some its worth the effort.
Happy Easter!
:)
Very well said.I am a loner also.Have a good day.

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#1039 Apr 10, 2012
eleanorigby wrote:
Good question Chatty Kathy.....and the answer was
brought home to me only recently.
Because I had the 'audacity' to respond to a certain
poster, a lady I considered a nice friend, completely
kicked me to the kerb.....I believe is the expression.
Lesson learnt. I was thankful to learn how she felt
before any further friendship developed.
But how dare anyone dictate who one should, or should not,'talk' to. Ludicrous.
El - u got all kinds of people on topix, theres the follower who has to go along with the crowd, the loner who wont or cant be lumped in a crowd and then u have one who agrees with everybody and never takes sides, even for themselves. just the way it is, if ur comfortable with where u want to be, then Thats all that counts. dont worry about what others think, just be urself, who You are! because in the end You have to live with urself and like how u handle the situations in life. when ur on ur death bed, u want to be able to say, i did good, i stayed with what I believe is right..

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#1040 Apr 10, 2012
honeymylove wrote:
<quoted text>Very well said.I am a loner also.Have a good day.
loners have it the easiest - they never argue with themself, they agree with everything they say and they make the best friends for themselves. lol

;)

“MEOW!”

Since: Jun 06

UK

#1041 Apr 10, 2012
Opis Wont Gogh wrote:
<quoted text>Hahahaha! I remember that! Good one, El!
I don't think so Opis.....more recent. It's no big deal actually,
it's their choice, and one lives and learns.

“MEOW!”

Since: Jun 06

UK

#1042 Apr 10, 2012
PFfff wrote:
<quoted text>
El - u got all kinds of people on topix, theres the follower who has to go along with the crowd, the loner who wont or cant be lumped in a crowd and then u have one who agrees with everybody and never takes sides, even for themselves. just the way it is, if ur comfortable with where u want to be, then Thats all that counts. dont worry about what others think, just be urself, who You are! because in the end You have to live with urself and like how u handle the situations in life. when ur on ur death bed, u want to be able to say, i did good, i stayed with what I believe is right..
Dear PF.....this is very true, and I like to think I portray myself
as I am in the RW, be that good or bad, I have always spoken my mind,
without attempting to hurt another, basically I find most posters a
good lot, and have been lucky in the friends I have here, they may
be cyber, but hey, real people when it all boils down to it.
Your post is really insightful and I value your opinion very much.

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#1043 Apr 10, 2012
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
Both our sons have been fortunate in that respect Marissa. My son
had obtained work as a 'motor cyclist courier' he was in his early
20's at the time and was sitting at traffic lights waiting for them to change when a car drove into the back of his 'bike.
His life was hanging by a thread, and his pride and joy was a write-off.
Since then he has made a full recovery and has two children born after the event.
Somebody was watching over him!
Hope you had a good Easter.....how is the elderly lady?
Hi Eleanor, I'm a little bit confused here...what elderly lady???

“MEOW!”

Since: Jun 06

UK

#1044 Apr 11, 2012
Marissa 2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Eleanor, I'm a little bit confused here...what elderly lady???
Hi Marissa....me too, I'm confused myself, lol. It WAS late
when I posted, hence the mix-up, sorry 'baht that!.....:)
Level 8

Since: Mar 12

Gone Fishing

#1045 Apr 11, 2012
Friendships can be made online if the people are being themselves and not being fake. I feel you can get to know someone without ever meeting the person. But beware there are posers.

“IMAGINE no religion!”

Level 3

Since: Feb 09

usa

#1046 Apr 11, 2012
Oneluckygal wrote:
Some people knew each other even before coming here. Some met on here, some met in person. I don't see why the trolls care if couples talk to each other on here, or if people take friendships to the next level. Jealousy maybe?
^5

i have met some lovely people on topix, that over the last couple of years have become off topix friends!

if anyone cannot understand that, or has a problem with it........i think the same way you do, jealous.

“A *wink* and a smile!!”

Level 8

Since: Apr 10

USA

#1047 Apr 11, 2012
I believe we can make real friendships on Topix, I have done so. When you talk with the same ppl everyday of course you make a connection, a bond, a human bond. Although we are all very different in many ways we are the same.

I call it modern day penpals, ppl you share a part of yourself with and hope they are genuine and share with you. I know there are many with their own agenda on Topix but most I've met seem sincere and true.

Many here have become very dear to me and I do look forward to talking with them daily..

“Isaiah 43:25 I am He who blots”

Level 5

Since: Apr 11

out your transgressions

#1048 Apr 11, 2012
I have met some cyber friends that I think are very genuine... The others I weed out.. They eventually show their true colors

“ROCK ON ROCKERS!!”

Level 8

Since: Mar 11

Rockin' USA ;)

#1049 Apr 11, 2012
Nice that this thread has been brought up once again..Cyber friendships are VERY REAL..there is a real person tying their comment behind the screen, all are tangible. It's true,we all visit Topix to voice our opinion on the subject that interests us. Some of us are on the same thread at the same time. Thus sharing common courtesies, as we would at the supermarket. Bonding friendships are lasting friendships even in Cyber Space....SOOOOO, let's have fun...AND ROCK....these threads my friends!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Funny!! Word association game. (Nov '13) 4 min Old Sam 1,882
Add a Word, Ruin a Movie (Oct '13) 5 min Old Sam 3,487
Interesting Quotes (Jun '11) 7 min Old Sam 13,398
Last Post Wins! (Aug '08) 9 min Old Sam 137,902
True or False Game 11 min Old Sam 378
Truck containing 36,000 pounds of Crisco stolen 14 min -Lea- 37
CHANGE One letter CHANCE (Sep '08) 15 min Old Sam 29,495
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 26 min -Lea- 22,231
During Obama's Speech at Democratic Campaign Ra... 30 min Sam 31
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 42 min wichita-rick 148,965

Weird People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE