Cyber Friendships real or not?

Posted in the Weird Forum

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of1,032
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Yum Chocolate!”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Nov 6, 2011
 

Judged:

7

7

7

I thought I would start this discussion because many times a poster would say "this isn't real" and "why do you care this isn't real" and many other references to friendships and casual conversations don't really mean anything because it is online.

Personally I do think we have to keep things in perspective and not allow mean people (trolls) impact our lives. But I for one have made several great friendships online. And this is real because the person typing isn't a robot they are real so we should care as human beings if someone is asking for help..

What do you think?

“Yum Chocolate!”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Nov 6, 2011
 
Now don't be shy let us know what you think!:)lol

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Nov 6, 2011
 

Judged:

3

3

3

Friendship is a feeling of comfort and emotional safety with a person. It is when you do not have to weigh your thoughts and measure words, before keeping it forth before your friend.So Yes friendships are formed here. As for the trolls..

Wrong peers (trolls) lack in socializing .Thus Being, leads to severe psychological traumas, disorders. Leading them into social maladjustments.

“Yum Chocolate!”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Nov 6, 2011
 

Judged:

1

Laura Beffy wrote:
Friendship is a feeling of comfort and emotional safety with a person. It is when you do not have to weigh your thoughts and measure words, before keeping it forth before your friend.So Yes friendships are formed here. As for the trolls..
Wrong peers (trolls) lack in socializing .Thus Being, leads to severe psychological traumas, disorders. Leading them into social maladjustments.
Hi LB, thanks for your post. I agree. Not sure why people are so against the idea that you can have real friendships made online. And I think that trolls are bothered the most by this. I think that is why they use the term clique because they have trouble seeing others have fun posting to each other.

“T.H.I.N.K. Before you Speak”

Level 8

Since: Sep 08

With My Wife and Family

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Nov 6, 2011
 

Judged:

2

1

1

Chatty Kathy wrote:
I thought I would start this discussion because many times a poster would say "this isn't real" and "why do you care this isn't real" and many other references to friendships and casual conversations don't really mean anything because it is online.
Personally I do think we have to keep things in perspective and not allow mean people (trolls) impact our lives. But I for one have made several great friendships online. And this is real because the person typing isn't a robot they are real so we should care as human beings if someone is asking for help..
What do you think?
I agree with you:-)

Those who I consider friends from here, I e-mail to, have called and talked with or even met in person......so, yes, for the most part my friends from topix are truly my friends!!!

My wife and I have met great people on topix.......unfortunately, there are those who we do consider trolls and ignore them for the most part!!!

Have a great day!!!

Bright Blessings
Mrs-Whitewater

“Don't harsh my mellow, man!”

Level 8

Since: Aug 08

Great State of Oklahoma!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Nov 6, 2011
 

Judged:

1

1

1

They're as real as you want them to be. I've met some wonderful people here that I can truly call friends. I've even met some, spoke on the phone with a few, so yeah! You can have cyber friends, if you want to.

“Yum Chocolate!”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Nov 6, 2011
 
Mrs-Whitewater wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with you:-)
Those who I consider friends from here, I e-mail to, have called and talked with or even met in person......so, yes, for the most part my friends from topix are truly my friends!!!
My wife and I have met great people on topix.......unfortunately, there are those who we do consider trolls and ignore them for the most part!!!
Have a great day!!!
Bright Blessings
Mrs-Whitewater
I think that is great! I agree the trolls are best to be ignored if we can. I sometimes forget because they really lately can get on your nerves.lol

Wishing you also a terrific day!:)hugs!

“Just me.......”

Level 8

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Nov 6, 2011
 

Judged:

2

2

2

I think friendships can be made online if the people are being themselves and not being fake. Its like having a penpal.

If the people are being truthful about themselves, you can get to know someone without ever meeting in person. That is still a friend as far as I'm concerned.

“IT'S TIME TO ELIMINATE”

Level 8

Since: Mar 11

PROP 8 AND DOMA!!!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Nov 6, 2011
 

Judged:

2

1

1

Chatty Kathy wrote:
I thought I would start this discussion because many times a poster would say "this isn't real" and "why do you care this isn't real" and many other references to friendships and casual conversations don't really mean anything because it is online.
Personally I do think we have to keep things in perspective and not allow mean people (trolls) impact our lives. But I for one have made several great friendships online. And this is real because the person typing isn't a robot they are real so we should care as human beings if someone is asking for help..
What do you think?
I happen to agree with you as well......we have "met" over 60 good people from topix either through outside e-mail, by phone or in person......and we maintain some of those friendships even today:-)

Thanks for making this thread.....sorry that some just are using it with their multiple sock-puppets:-(

“Yum Chocolate!”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Nov 6, 2011
 
RnL2008 wrote:
<quoted text>
I happen to agree with you as well......we have "met" over 60 good people from topix either through outside e-mail, by phone or in person......and we maintain some of those friendships even today:-)
Thanks for making this thread.....sorry that some just are using it with their multiple sock-puppets:-(
Hi RNL, I would give you a prop too but I ran out.lol
Thanks for posting and yes the trolls are out full force today...But just jumping over their posts and continuing.lol
Hugs!

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Nov 6, 2011
 

Judged:

2

2

1

I've met some great people online...a few in person...sometimes it's harder to meet people in the "real" world, here you can be yourself, spit out true life experiences, etc, etc, I think it's easier to write things on a "faceless" forum. If you are true to yourself here, people get to know you and friendships are built.

“IT'S TIME TO ELIMINATE”

Level 8

Since: Mar 11

PROP 8 AND DOMA!!!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#21
Nov 6, 2011
 

Judged:

1

MLR29 wrote:
I think friendships can be made online if the people are being themselves and not being fake. Its like having a penpal.
If the people are being truthful about themselves, you can get to know someone without ever meeting in person. That is still a friend as far as I'm concerned.
You're right.......one is allowed to share as much about themselves as they choose, or as little.....but as long as one is true to themselves, that will show through no matter what:-)

“Yum Chocolate!”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#22
Nov 6, 2011
 
Cheeka-Weeka wrote:
I've met some great people online...a few in person...sometimes it's harder to meet people in the "real" world, here you can be yourself, spit out true life experiences, etc, etc, I think it's easier to write things on a "faceless" forum. If you are true to yourself here, people get to know you and friendships are built.
Hi cheeka, very well said!:)hugs!

I don't have anymore props what good is that game if they don't give enough props.LOL

“I'm not listening.”

Level 9

Since: Feb 10

Coxsackie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#23
Nov 6, 2011
 

Judged:

1

Some people knew each other even before coming here. Some met on here, some met in person. I don't see why the trolls care if couples talk to each other on here, or if people take friendships to the next level. Jealousy maybe?

“Yum Chocolate!”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#24
Nov 6, 2011
 

Judged:

1

Oneluckygal wrote:
Some people knew each other even before coming here. Some met on here, some met in person. I don't see why the trolls care if couples talk to each other on here, or if people take friendships to the next level. Jealousy maybe?
Hi OLG, I think it is jealousy because why would they try to trash a thread where we are responding to someone who asked for help or caring words? Jealousy would make sense.

Hope your day is going great!:)hugs!

“IT'S TIME TO ELIMINATE”

Level 8

Since: Mar 11

PROP 8 AND DOMA!!!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#25
Nov 6, 2011
 
Chatty Kathy wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi RNL, I would give you a prop too but I ran out.lol
Thanks for posting and yes the trolls are out full force today...But just jumping over their posts and continuing.lol
Hugs!
Hi Chatty,
Exactly....lol!!!

Love to scroll on by those types of posts......lol!!!

“New & Improved..”

Level 8

Since: Oct 07

Formerly From Kenya

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#26
Nov 6, 2011
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Wow CK, This is a cool thread..!

Yep, being on topix can be a bit taxing if ya let it. The troll people are the ones that consider that there is some kind of 'power' posting from anonymity, that is why they come across as stupid as they do, it is a shame but not really different then the world itself. There are just as many nice people and idiots around you if you are shopping at a store or mall, driving on a road/freeway or at an event/movie etc...There are people that justy(tm) don't get it.

The best thing is to not ignore them, make em look as stupid as they are, point em out so all can see. The people that matter are going to be laughing at them, sure it makes em act out, much like a child, but that even makes it funnier. I mean if you haven't chuckled at that thread about the farm in Canada there is really something you've been missing ya know..???..

No one owns a thread, but you own what you say. The big difference here is that the only weapon you have are your words. Size, money, fame etc.. do not matter in this place, so next time someone tries to tell ya how great they are...ya gotta laugh...!!!!

Oh, and I did end up gaining a very good friend from this place, been over two years now we have been in contact. So is it real..??...I think it can be.

“100% Princess”

Level 8

Since: Jan 07

and totally harmless

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#28
Nov 6, 2011
 

Judged:

2

2

2

yes cyber friendships are real, why would they not be? In days gone by people used to have pen-pals, they were friends even if they never met. I've met lots of really nice people online, some I've met in person, some I've just talked to on the phone and in email.

“Purple girl in a purple world”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Plum, Purplonia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#29
Nov 6, 2011
 

Judged:

1

1

1

I believe it is possible to have online friends. It is harder to know if you can really trust them in the ways you need, but generally, if the friendship is intense enough and you communicate enough, you will eventually get to the deal breakers and things they are hiding. When you reach that point, the sense of betrayal or let-down may be greater.

Level 9

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#30
Nov 6, 2011
 

Judged:

2

2

2

I'm not much for words but I will say friendships can be made here.I have met some on here and count them as my friends.Then there are those you would rather not even say not one word to.So you stay away from them.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of1,032
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

268 Users are viewing the Weird Forum right now

Search the Weird Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 5 min July 14,645
Todays Task's' 8 min beatlesinthebog 22
WHAT???? A NEW word game? FOUR WORDS (Sep '08) 20 min beatlesinthebog 39,890
Add a Word remove a Word (Oct '13) 32 min whatimeisit 1,291
What's for dinner? (Feb '12) 34 min Sublime1 6,960
Woman Flees Topless After Being Caught Shoplifting 35 min dragoon70056 4
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 36 min tora tora tora 34,915
The Night Owl Saloon (Jun '11) 41 min Denny CranesPlace 15,575
Whatcha' doing? (Apr '12) 43 min _Word_Woman_ 6,533
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 1 hr EraserX 141,164
•••
•••