“The golden age is before us, ”

Level 2

Since: Jan 13

not behind us.

#198 Jan 27, 2013
I was lucky enough to meet Michael Jackson in 1997. It was only by chance that it happened. He got into the same lift I was in. He was very polite and well spoken. He sure was a complex man though and for the record I think he did molest those children who made the accusations against him.

Level 7

Since: May 11

Location hidden

#199 Jan 27, 2013
Bar Fly_ok wrote:
^^^ someone is addicted ^^^
Yep! I think he likes you.
Notice, he only comes to talk to you.
He talks to me on ocassion but that's because he thinks I'm you too.:)

I do feel sorry for you.

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#200 Jan 27, 2013
Hey Bex .... I guess you are me and I am you ... Well the lucky SOAB gets a twofer . Lol lol .

Ain't no grey in my box . I saved some of my color . Saved batch for my snatch .

“Brains are wonderful,”

Level 5

Since: May 10

I wish everyone had one.

#206 Jan 27, 2013
Laura Beth wrote:
Hey Bex .... I guess you are me and I am you ... Well the lucky SOAB gets a twofer . Lol lol .
Ain't no grey in my box . I saved some of my color . Saved batch for my snatch .
lol

We watched Jake Gyllenhaal film a scene Saturday morning. It was cool because we were right there on set, lol. The stars rolled up in black suburbans right before shooting. We've enjoyed watching.

“Happiness comes through giving”

Level 7

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#207 Jan 27, 2013
I once touched Gabby Hayes' teeth. Of course he was in the next room and didn't see me.

“Brains are wonderful,”

Level 5

I wish everyone had one.

#209 Jan 27, 2013
FlyingPigs wrote:
Has anyone bothered to Google Hugh Jackman? He's been in L A all month. His twitter would suggest he has been nowhere near the east coast.
http://celebrity-gossip.net/prisoners/jake-gy...

Good call!

“Happiness comes through giving”

Level 7

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#211 Jan 27, 2013
FlyingPigs wrote:
Has anyone bothered to Google Hugh Jackman? He's been in L A all month. His twitter would suggest he has been nowhere near the east coast.
Then Google my Uncle Moe. He never left the east coast.

“Brains are wonderful,”

Level 5

I wish everyone had one.

#213 Jan 27, 2013
It's a conspiracy .....

“Standin' In A”

Level 8

Since: May 11

Shaft Of Light

#217 Jan 27, 2013
I think she got him mixed up with Hugh Jardon.

Level 2

Location hidden

#218 Jan 27, 2013
It seems to me like this bar troll may be a very lonely person.

All I know for sure is that I came across this thread about meeting stars and I mentioned I had met Pete Rose. Next thing I know, I am accused of being an 'imaginary friend'.

Why some people feel the need to attack another for no apparent reason is beyond me.

It seems like there are some fun and interesting threads on Offbeat, but if one must put up with this much drama to participate, it kind of takes the fun out of it.

JMO.

Level 5

Since: Dec 12

Buxton, ME

#219 Jan 27, 2013
no

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#220 Jan 28, 2013
As a waiter I waited on Prince once before he made it big.

“Brains are wonderful,”

Level 5

I wish everyone had one.

#221 Jan 28, 2013
Well,.... they are done here, it's been an interesting 3 weeks. I see the signs are moving further down the road, probably filming elsewhere.
I talked to a security guard today and she said that most of the movie was being shot in Conyers. Maybe that will put us on the map, lol.

Enjoy the day topix.

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#222 Jan 28, 2013
magictrix wrote:
All I know for sure is that I came across this thread about meeting stars and I mentioned I had met Pete Rose. Next thing I know, I am accused of being an 'imaginary friend'.
Why some people feel the need to attack another for no apparent reason is beyond me.
It seems like there are some fun and interesting threads on Offbeat, but if one must put up with this much drama to participate, it kind of takes the fun out of it.
JMO.
Yep, the bar troll has mental and emotional issues.

I never cared for Pete Rose as a person but- what a ballplayer! I caught a bit of his reality show the other night and I think I saw him in a better light. I believe he is sincerely contrite. I STILL don't think he deserves a plaque in the Hall because he bet on games he was involved in. I know there are plenty of awholes in the HOF but, there's nothing we can do about that. It's not like MLB has completely disavowed him. He's got tons of stuff in the Hall and he's the hits leader. He didn't cheat to get that, like a Bonds with steroids.

Level 2

Location hidden

#224 Jan 28, 2013
Ferrerman wrote:
<quoted text>Yep, the bar troll has mental and emotional issues.
I never cared for Pete Rose as a person but- what a ballplayer! I caught a bit of his reality show the other night and I think I saw him in a better light. I believe he is sincerely contrite. I STILL don't think he deserves a plaque in the Hall because he bet on games he was involved in. I know there are plenty of awholes in the HOF but, there's nothing we can do about that. It's not like MLB has completely disavowed him. He's got tons of stuff in the Hall and he's the hits leader. He didn't cheat to get that, like a Bonds with steroids.
Some good thoughts...I would agree with most of what you say, however I think they should let him in.

Level 2

Location hidden

#225 Jan 28, 2013
harley-hunni wrote:
<quoted text>
She has not got out past the corner store.
It was sarcastically said on some thread if we would take the harley to DR. so someone needs to do some getting out from behind their curtain, and see what people in the real world are doing. Instead of living vicariously.
Yes you can go by vehicle to the Dominican Republic. I have a map and there was a ferry route so looked it up, and a couple went from the tip of South America on a ferry with their harley,,to Santo Domingo. Harley looked a little rough. We would not do that to our baby. But interesting to read on how some people travel in this world.
I didn't know that was possible myself...sounds like a cool trip. But, I agree...would be rough.

Location hidden

#226 Jan 28, 2013
magictrix wrote:
<quoted text>
Some good thoughts...I would agree with most of what you say, however I think they should let him in.
They probably will after he dies. The gambling thing is serious though and I don't see the commissioner letting up. They STILL won't let Shoeless Joe Jackson in and he's been dead forever and there is lots of doubt about his guilt. Rose denied guilt until it looked like confession would help his cause.

Still, I'm inclined to believe he's really sorry. I hope he gave up the gambling as he's living and working in Vegas!

Location hidden

#227 Jan 28, 2013
harley-hunni wrote:
<quoted text>
She has not got out past the corner store.
It was sarcastically said on some thread if we would take the harley to DR. so someone needs to do some getting out from behind their curtain, and see what people in the real world are doing. Instead of living vicariously.
Yes you can go by vehicle to the Dominican Republic. I have a map and there was a ferry route so looked it up, and a couple went from the tip of South America on a ferry with their harley,,to Santo Domingo. Harley looked a little rough. We would not do that to our baby. But interesting to read on how some people travel in this world.
I've heard of people making that trip on motorcycles. Sounds literally rough as in the roads and the folks you might meet along the way.

I worked with a guy years ago from (i think) Honduras who was planning on returning home that route, trailering an extra car and every empty 5 gallon bucket he could fit. A little loco...

Level 7

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#228 Jan 28, 2013
Ferrerman wrote:
<quoted text>Yep, the bar troll has mental and emotional issues.
He deserves to be in the Baseball HOF and Alex Karras should have been put in the Football Hall of Fame, years ago...just like Paul Hornung....these guys that have used performance enhancing drugs, make petty gamblers look tame.....

Level 8

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#229 Jan 28, 2013
magictrix wrote:
JMO.
Consider the source and ignore.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The BIZARRE reasons why men rape in India 3 min Scholar 1,098
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 5 min Subduction Zone 132,886
Funny!! Word association game. (Nov '13) 5 min Old Sam 2,151
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 5 min LOL 25,744
last word/first word. (Apr '12) 17 min whatimeisit 5,160
Word Association 2 (Sep '13) 19 min Jennifer Renee 7,609
Make A Sentance out of a 5 letter word. (Nov '09) 24 min whatimeisit 30,318
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 1 hr wichita-rick 152,539
Let's Play Song Titles With One Word? 2 hr X Crypsis X 336
More from around the web