“Trump This!!!”

Level 8

Since: Dec 12

CENLA

#46 Jan 11, 2013
never really met any "movie stars" never really had any desire...few concerts-jerry reed, loretta lynn, elvis, 38 special, percy sledge (many times) joe stampley, bellamy bros (my all time fav) they still rock it...willie nelson...joey & rory...several other riverbank concerts... met andy grigg (love him) Paul Newman filmed "blaze" here back in late 80s & used my driveway over & over for a scene (turnaround) he also stayed in a house just down the country road from me...would hear him zipping round the curve every night...wish i had made effort to meet the "steel magnolias" cast when they filmed near here...most of my friends did but like i said, it never occurred to me then =)

“My Wicked, Wicked Ways”

Since: May 12

Sweet Home Alabama

#47 Jan 11, 2013
I saw the real Santa Claus in a restaurant a few years back. I know it was the real one cause he gave me one of his business cards. He's a real likable guy, a right jolly old elf! lol

“....VETS”

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

WELCOME HOME

#48 Jan 11, 2013
I met the invisible man

Level 7

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#49 Jan 12, 2013
When i was a kid, driving through Hollywood, California....my dad pointed out Hoagey Carmicheal walking on the sidewalk.....
LOL at U

Dayton, OH

#50 Jan 12, 2013
Ferrerman wrote:
I saw a Sam in post #44.
You see me EVERYWHERE, you gay little liberal sissy...

“Brains are wonderful,”

Level 5

Since: May 10

I wish everyone had one.

#51 Jan 12, 2013
LOL at U wrote:
<quoted text>You see me EVERYWHERE, you gay little liberal sissy...
Because of removed post .... he is post 41, lol.
Obviously that went over his head.

“Standin' In A”

Level 8

Since: May 11

Shaft Of Light

#52 Jan 12, 2013
tallyho wrote:
I met the invisible man
Did you get a picture to prove it?

“....VETS”

Level 9

WELCOME HOME

#53 Jan 12, 2013
Fisherman 808 wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you get a picture to prove it?
funny you ask?? it was out of focus

“Standin' In A”

Level 8

Since: May 11

Shaft Of Light

#54 Jan 12, 2013
tallyho wrote:
<quoted text>
funny you ask?? it was out of focus
(Fisherman makes face like Judge Judy.)

“Brains are wonderful,”

Level 5

I wish everyone had one.

#55 Jan 19, 2013
Ha! They'll be shooting scenes of the movie down our street soon.

Cool! I'm taking that day off, lol.

“Brains are wonderful,”

Level 5

I wish everyone had one.

#56 Jan 20, 2013
It sure is funny watching them shoot this movie and they spend a good chunk of money.
We have round the clock security, lol.

Level 9

Since: Feb 12

Bronx, NY

#59 Jan 20, 2013
harley-hunni wrote:
Well met a couple of Canadian singers.. Nick Gilder, Burton Cummings, and Trooper..Ramon McGuire and guitarist Brian Smith. And about 5 years ago Robert Duvall. He got his picture taken with my neice and her husband at their wedding in Calgary.
Oh and when I was a little girl I met the man who played Hoss,(Dan Blocker) many times.
You were Dan Blockers horse? That explains the sag in your rear...

“ROCK ON ROCKERS!!”

Level 8

Since: Mar 11

Rockin' USA ;)

#60 Jan 20, 2013
Mr. Ed the talking horse.
Oh crap..I thought this was the Tell me a LIE thread..

Level 7

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#61 Jan 21, 2013
harley-hunni wrote:
Well met a couple of Canadian singers.. Nick Gilder, Burton Cummings, and Trooper..Ramon McGuire and guitarist Brian Smith. And about 5 years ago Robert Duvall. He got his picture taken with my neice and her husband at their wedding in Calgary.
Oh and when I was a little girl I met the man who played Hoss,(Dan Blocker) many times.
Remember Burton Cummings and the Guess Who, they were a big deal, back in the mid 70's.....alway's loved Dan Blocker, sadly he died kinda young....Bonanza was a big show, when i was a kid.....

“....VETS”

Level 9

WELCOME HOME

#62 Jan 21, 2013
Lorne Green was a Canadian yes..

did you know that Paul on Cheers knows all the words to Bonaza ... not even Cliff knew that

“Are We Having Fun Yet???”

Level 8

Since: Jun 08

If Not, Why Not!!!

#63 Jan 21, 2013
One beautiful day back in 95 a few of us went to Rivercity Brewing Co in Jax. It's right on the St. Johns River. We sat on the deck and they happened to be filming a TV called Point Man. It was filmed in Jax and the nearby beaches.

We had lunch and then watched them shooting the same scene over and over into the afternoon.

Can't find that scene on YouTube but did find this. It actually was a good show and ran almost two full seasons.

“....VETS”

Level 9

WELCOME HOME

#66 Jan 21, 2013
harley-hunni wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes he was a Canadian.
How is Tally today? Have a good day as well.
very well in deed and you .... new pic yes [to me that is]

“I call it as I see it.”

Level 8

Since: Jul 09

Retirement City

#67 Jan 21, 2013
Never met a movie stars, but I have met a few singers, Rudy West of the Five Keys, Charlie Thomas of the Drifters, Bill Burkett and Hugh Geyer of the Vogues, Tony Butala of the Lettermen, and Jay Traynor of Jay and the Americans. I also met Bowling Hall of Famer, Lindy Faragalli.

Level 8

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#68 Jan 21, 2013
Been in the general proximity of a few famous people, not movie stars, per se, but never bothered them. Never really cared to.

They are either prima donnas or normal folks. If they are the former, sorry, but no thanks. If they are the latter, I'm pretty sure it gets old having folks fawn over you, and I wouldn't want to bother them.

“Brains are wonderful,”

Level 5

I wish everyone had one.

#69 Jan 21, 2013
I just find it neat to watch all the prep they are doing. Apparently the actor Jake Gyllenhaal, from Brokeback Mountain, will be running through the woods across the street and run past our house. We have a very inconvenient large light right at our mailbox and several more are placed up the street.
I hope to get a pic of him while they film, lol.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 12 min replaytime 117,360
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 17 min SLY WEST 147,642
Things Not To Say In Bed (Oct '11) 33 min wichita-rick 2,660
(Non Computer) Mouse issues HELP!! 2 hr SLY WEST 42
Top Deal Breakers in Relationships (Feb '13) 2 hr SLY WEST 835
I Like..... (Mar '14) 2 hr SLY WEST 376
Add a word and drop a word (Jan '14) 3 hr Crazy Jae 1,418
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 3 hr -Lea- 21,356
Do you have a Topix crush? (Jun '11) 4 hr Princess Hey 6,370
Woman Held in Jail for Weeks Over SpaghettiOs 5 hr NOM s Waffle House 9