First Prev
of 9
Next Last

“Eleanor, Where is your heart?!”

Level 6

Since: Nov 11

Location hidden

#170 Nov 20, 2012
Expect the second ghost when the clock strikes 1:00.

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#171 Nov 20, 2012
I received an early gift at work today...extra hours at work...so I don't lost my Health Benefits...some gifts don't come in boxes...:)

“Eleanor, Where is your heart?!”

Level 6

Since: Nov 11

Location hidden

#172 Nov 21, 2012
I think I want some fancy soap, an umbrella...the zebra one....and a pillow, some chocolates, more coffee, some jeans, a dress, art supplies, a fancy foot thing that opens up like a chest...a set of towels...three pomegranates, one quart of icecream, a half shawl half scarf thing...and some lipstick...then a steering wheel cover and matching seat covers that look cool.

Level 2

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#173 Nov 21, 2012
liam cul8r wrote:
This is our second Christmas in our new home, after 18 years of ups and downs we finally have the best gift anyone could ever ask for, and that is a home.
I remember when I was a kid my sister and I got 2 presents for Christmas, first on Christmas Eve we each received a new pair of pajama's, then on Christmas Day we got one present each from my mom, who by the way never had a present to open. That's Christmas to me,
I've tried to explain to my children that this home is in fact a gift for all of us, but we are still spending money we don't have to ensure they have a good Christmas.
My wife says I don't seem to have the Christmas spirit, I believe my spirit is still living in the past......
Believe me when your kids look back, they wont remember the material things most...it will be the memories made they remember the most!

“Eleanor, Where is your heart?!”

Level 6

Since: Nov 11

Location hidden

#174 Nov 22, 2012
Freckles Are Smoochable wrote:
<quoted text>
Believe me when your kids look back, they wont remember the material things most...it will be the memories made they remember the most!
REALLLLY?!?

“you're not the boss of me!”

Since: Jan 08

the road less traveled.....

#175 Nov 22, 2012
liam cul8r wrote:
This is our second Christmas in our new home, after 18 years of ups and downs we finally have the best gift anyone could ever ask for, and that is a home.
I remember when I was a kid my sister and I got 2 presents for Christmas, first on Christmas Eve we each received a new pair of pajama's, then on Christmas Day we got one present each from my mom, who by the way never had a present to open. That's Christmas to me,
I've tried to explain to my children that this home is in fact a gift for all of us, but we are still spending money we don't have to ensure they have a good Christmas.
My wife says I don't seem to have the Christmas spirit, I believe my spirit is still living in the past......
It seems to be human nature to want to make things 'better' for our children...for what it's worth,
I think less is more and that we all have been duped by the media into thinking that we need MORE
to be happy.
we don't. really, we all have enough...many of us have more than enough.
..
I think your heart is in the right place. Hold those you love close to you, share your love...cherish them.
Who could want more than love for Christmas?

“I'll just kick me down a wall,”

Level 6

Since: Dec 11

And walk outa here!

#176 Nov 23, 2012
Debra27 wrote:
<quoted text>
It seems to be human nature to want to make things 'better' for our children...for what it's worth,
I think less is more and that we all have been duped by the media into thinking that we need MORE
to be happy.
we don't. really, we all have enough...many of us have more than enough.
..
I think your heart is in the right place. Hold those you love close to you, share your love...cherish them.
Who could want more than love for Christmas?
i believe you will have a wonderful Christmas miss27......and after its all said and done, so will I.

“near Halloween.”

Level 8

Since: Dec 06

#177 Nov 23, 2012
liam cul8r wrote:
This is our second Christmas in our new home, after 18 years of ups and downs we finally have the best gift anyone could ever ask for, and that is a home.
I remember when I was a kid my sister and I got 2 presents for Christmas, first on Christmas Eve we each received a new pair of pajama's, then on Christmas Day we got one present each from my mom, who by the way never had a present to open. That's Christmas to me,
I've tried to explain to my children that this home is in fact a gift for all of us, but we are still spending money we don't have to ensure they have a good Christmas.
My wife says I don't seem to have the Christmas spirit, I believe my spirit is still living in the past......
that is a very fine post, Liam..

and everyone in the family will be grateful
and appreciative.

Yes indeed,
Christmas has changed a lot over the years,
as you mentioned getting just two gifts
and -[speaking as a Grandmother now]

we got less still in our day,
but didn't know any better then,
and were quite contented.. with WHATEVER Santa brought.

I can remember > over 60 years ago
getting a small blue box-handbag with a silver handle,
my heart & soul was full of delight about it,
I remember walking to early morning Mass
in the dark,
with my parents, All the stars were out
and my heart was overflowing with pure joy
as I observed the silver handle of that little handbag
sparkling in the moonlight1.

Now why I state this here is,
it speaks for itself if I can remember in detail
that one '60 year old memory' with clarity,
it speaks of appreciation

and what we lost out on with 'loads of gifts'

we made up for in APPRECIATION, of few -

ie> that ONE gift stood/and still stands out alone,
not
dimmed down by
many other gifts..

and glad to say that very same 'appreciation'
I learned back then has never ever lost it's meaning..

I still appreciate everything I have today
all these years later:

With that.

Happy Christmas to all on this fine thread.
DILF

Medford, NY

#178 Nov 23, 2012
Debra27 wrote:
<quoted text>
It seems to be human nature to want to make things 'better' for our children...for what it's worth,
I think less is more and that we all have been duped by the media into thinking that we need MORE
to be happy.
we don't. really, we all have enough...many of us have more than enough.
..
I think your heart is in the right place. Hold those you love close to you, share your love...cherish them.
Who could want more than love for Christmas?
I agree with you 100%......well put.

Level 8

Since: Sep 08

I See A Rainbow!

#179 Nov 23, 2012
"A Mothers Ring in Gold.. With an Emerald and Diamond......Gem stones.."

Level 2

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#180 Nov 24, 2012
A SIX PACK WoULD MAKE ME SMILE.

“Geez..”

Level 3

Since: Oct 12

Greensburg, IN

#181 Nov 24, 2012
I want my girl friend POP UP from inside box

“you're not the boss of me!”

Since: Jan 08

the road less traveled.....

#183 Nov 25, 2012
Grace Nerissa wrote:
<quoted text>
that is a very fine post, Liam..
and everyone in the family will be grateful
and appreciative.
Yes indeed,
Christmas has changed a lot over the years,
as you mentioned getting just two gifts
and -[speaking as a Grandmother now]
we got less still in our day,
but didn't know any better then,
and were quite contented.. with WHATEVER Santa brought.
I can remember > over 60 years ago
getting a small blue box-handbag with a silver handle,
my heart & soul was full of delight about it,
I remember walking to early morning Mass
in the dark,
with my parents, All the stars were out
and my heart was overflowing with pure joy
as I observed the silver handle of that little handbag
sparkling in the moonlight1.
Now why I state this here is,
it speaks for itself if I can remember in detail
that one '60 year old memory' with clarity,
it speaks of appreciation
and what we lost out on with 'loads of gifts'
we made up for in APPRECIATION, of few -
ie> that ONE gift stood/and still stands out alone,
not
dimmed down by
many other gifts..
and glad to say that very same 'appreciation'
I learned back then has never ever lost it's meaning..
I still appreciate everything I have today
all these years later:
With that.
Happy Christmas to all on this fine thread.
this is lovely
and true...my gift that I still remember also came when I was a very young child,
I woke one Christmas morning and Santa had left my brand new golden slippers in my bed!!
I have never forgotten the wonder of that gift.

http://i.imgur.com/YnRNm.jpg

Since: Aug 08

Buffalo, NY

#184 Nov 25, 2012
... i still want a mince-meat pie ...

“you're not the boss of me!”

Since: Jan 08

the road less traveled.....

#185 Nov 25, 2012
GMGMIKE wrote:
... i still want a mince-meat pie ...
the year that my dad made one, none of us would eat it..very strong flavor

“HAPPY THANKSGIVING”

Level 9

Since: May 12

Wink, Smile, and Waving @ U

#186 Nov 26, 2012
I want for Christmas a couple things but for one I would like to be able to walk without crutches....

“Never frown cause U Never no ”

Since: Sep 12

whos falln n luv with ur smile

#187 Nov 26, 2012
I want that picture that was promised to me...
(c8

SUJ

“Your posts still ”

Level 6

Since: Mar 10

make me giggle

#188 Dec 15, 2012
Peace on earth for one week.

Seven days without a single soul experiencing,
pain
anger
hate
illness
hunger
suffering
violence
death
jealousy
disaster
insanity
despair
hopelessness

I wonder how the world would be different after those seven days?

I posted this before.

For some reason
tis the season
I suppose
To be reminded.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 9
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bill Cosby 2 min I am not a Bimbo 226
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 2 min JM_Brazil 127,882
**3 Syllable Word Game - A-Z** (Jun '12) 2 min The Butthurt Blogger 799
NFL Football (Jul '10) 3 min Deer Whisperer 1,752
The Letter "C" (Aug '09) 4 min The Butthurt Blogger 5,460
Add a Word, Ruin a Movie (Oct '13) 5 min The Butthurt Blogger 3,797
CHANGE One letter CHANCE (Sep '08) 7 min The Butthurt Blogger 29,733
Ferguson Grand Jury Reaches Decision 29 min Deer Whisperer 300
Woman Arrested For $6400 Sausage Heist 1 hr Capn Greg 14
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 4 hr pusherman_ 151,112
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 9 hr wichita-rick 24,006

Weird People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE