Lets Ask Billy R!
Level 6

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#2333 Apr 14, 2014
DaveMC wrote:
<quoted text>It was good...Im here and no drunken regrets so I would have to say it was successful...lol
LOL...that's good. Drunken regrets...sounds like the name of a band. Did you know I was a death metal singer now....j/k.
Level 6

Location hidden

#2334 Apr 14, 2014
Oops...sorry for the double post...topix people do your thing and remove that please and thank you....

“Hi!”

Level 2

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#2335 Apr 14, 2014
Billy R, since I know you love to cook, send me a really great recipe I can make for dinner. Thanks in advance. Hi to all y'all in Billyville ;)

Enzo49

“Vintage 1949”

Level 1

Since: Mar 13

...lightly salted...

#2336 Apr 15, 2014
Proud To Be Trina wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL...that's good. Drunken regrets...sounds like the name of a band. Did you know I was a death metal singer now....j/k.
...that reminds me of a cake mix that was popular some time ago...thunk they called it Drunken Hines...
Level 6

Location hidden

#2337 Apr 15, 2014
Enzo49 wrote:
<quoted text>
...that reminds me of a cake mix that was popular some time ago...thunk they called it Drunken Hines...
There actually is a rum soaked chocolate cake that is soooooo good. Next time your wife is out visiting relatives you bake one up, I'll send you the recipe but if you get caught and blame it on me Ima hit you upset the head with a rolling pin....lol....I don't want her breaking my nose :)

Since: Mar 14

Location hidden

#2338 Apr 15, 2014
Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't want them messing up or scratching my rims. That's usually why we just do things ourselves. No one else is going to take care of your bike, like you will. Yes, I change my own fluids. I have the service manual.
A trip to the zoo is always fun. Sounds like you had a nice time.
Always a great time with kids.
Yep and way cheaper to do your own oil change, fluids etc. I like to help, and I also like to wash the black beauty as well. We go it together, but if husband does not have time before leaving for the oilfields, I will do it, can't have bugs sticking to her. We call it 'harley therapy' to spend time with her after she gave us a good ride..lol!

Level 8

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#2339 Apr 15, 2014
AHarleyhoney wrote:
<quoted text>
Always a great time with kids.
Yep and way cheaper to do your own oil change, fluids etc. I like to help, and I also like to wash the black beauty as well. We go it together, but if husband does not have time before leaving for the oilfields, I will do it, can't have bugs sticking to her. We call it 'harley therapy' to spend time with her after she gave us a good ride..lol!
I ride mine all the time to work ... not just for joy rides. I don't baby it and clean it all the time ... when I can, sure. It's more utilitarian for me than a toy (it's that too, but it's my primary vehicle when the weather permits). My buddy with the ultra classic, cleans his every time he brings it back from a ride. I'm not that meticulous, just because I'm not doing that every single day I take it out.

“Don't harsh my mellow, man!”

Level 8

Great State of Oklahoma!

#2340 Apr 15, 2014
Hi everyone! Billy, why does a promotion come with all this added work? LOL!

Enzo49

“Vintage 1949”

Level 1

Since: Mar 13

...lightly salted...

#2341 Apr 15, 2014
...hide your cookies folks...there's a Hippichic in the house...

Location hidden

#2342 Apr 15, 2014
Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I ride mine all the time to work ... not just for joy rides. I don't baby it and clean it all the time ... when I can, sure. It's more utilitarian for me than a toy (it's that too, but it's my primary vehicle when the weather permits). My buddy with the ultra classic, cleans his every time he brings it back from a ride. I'm not that meticulous, just because I'm not doing that every single day I take it out.
Yeah don' want to wash the shine off. We don't wash her everytime we go out and come back. But most times. Nice to be able to ride it everyday. Ours is joy rides, but sometimes we ride a long time and many miles, we like the open road, and in this country that means lots of bugs..lol!

Level 8

Great State of Oklahoma!

#2343 Apr 15, 2014
Enzo49 wrote:
...hide your cookies folks...there's a Hippichic in the house...
Enzo! How are ya, man? Got my beer and cookies ready?

Level 8

Great State of Oklahoma!

#2344 Apr 15, 2014
AHarleyhoney wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah don' want to wash the shine off. We don't wash her everytime we go out and come back. But most times. Nice to be able to ride it everyday. Ours is joy rides, but sometimes we ride a long time and many miles, we like the open road, and in this country that means lots of bugs..lol!
Hi Harley Honey!

Level 8

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#2345 Apr 15, 2014
Hello everybody...haven't seen you here in a few Hippi!!!

Location hidden

#2346 Apr 15, 2014
Hippichick wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Harley Honey!
Hi Hippichick. How are you doing? Nice seeing you post. I did send you an email awhile back. Can't remember now....lol!

“Spring is here, ”

Level 7

Since: Sep 06

next comes summer! Yippee!!

#2347 Apr 16, 2014
Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
You can just fillet them without messing around with their guts. That's what I do.
Thank you, but I do not have any intentions of messing around with fish except to cook them. LOL!

“Spring is here, ”

Level 7

#2348 Apr 16, 2014
AHarleyhoney wrote:
<quoted text>
I love canning, but have not done it is a few years since kids are gone from home. But I think I will do some this year. I want to do beets, discovered my grand daughter and husband (new hubby lol) love pickled beets. I miss doing all that canning then looking at the results all lined up on shelves. Looks so nice.
I loved canned sockeye salmon. My mom makes the best...lol! She can clean and gut a fish in like 5 minutes, then her husband filets them so no bones in jars. Chief Dan George used to be amazed at how fast my momma could gut and clean a fish.
I sure hope we can get some salmon this year, and it has to be sockeye. She also used to pickled herring, but I don't like that stuffl.
I do have to get some of my barbeque sauce done this weekend.
Thank you for your reply HH. I guess I just didn't follow in my mothers footsteps when it comes to canning. She worked hard and so did me and my brothers during the summer months. I hated shucking corn, snapping beans and shelling peas. YUCK!! The fish that we use to eat was perch and they had little bones. For every bite of fish that we took, my mother would make us take a bite of bread in case there was a bone.

“Spring is here, ”

Level 7

#2349 Apr 16, 2014
Hitesrunprincess wrote:
<quoted text>Nope the gutting fish thing is mos def an Okimar sort of activity.
LOL!! I don't blame you!

“Spring is here, ”

Level 7

#2350 Apr 16, 2014
Hi and good morning Billy and all of Billys friends. My computer is being slow and having trouble posting. Trinka thank you for the nice replies on the other thread. I think that you are sweet too! I will try posting again later. Have a great morning everybody!

“I was a Grim Reaper”

Level 8

Since: Apr 07

But now I take antidepressants

#2351 Apr 16, 2014
Hippichick wrote:
Hi everyone! Billy, why does a promotion come with all this added work? LOL!
Sometimes being the boss is a very mixed blessing. I just hope they made it worthwhile financially.......

“I was a Grim Reaper”

Level 8

Since: Apr 07

But now I take antidepressants

#2352 Apr 16, 2014
La Sunshine wrote:
Hi and good morning Billy and all of Billys friends. My computer is being slow and having trouble posting. Trinka thank you for the nice replies on the other thread. I think that you are sweet too! I will try posting again later. Have a great morning everybody!
I was driving to work this morning, heard this song and immediately thought of you, my friend...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
one word (Apr '11) 1 hr skybobbie 7,391
What turns you off? (Oct '10) 1 hr skybobbie 129
lets play follow the word! (Jul '08) 1 hr whatimeisit 40,056
What is your weakness? (Jan '14) 1 hr skybobbie 495
Play "end of the name"... (Jun '15) 1 hr whatimeisit 3,843
What's one thing you appreciate in your life? (Apr '17) 1 hr skybobbie 732
First Word That Comes To Mind ....... (Apr '10) 1 hr whatimeisit 14,012
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 3 hr wichita-rick 230,093