Since: Mar 14

Location hidden

#2223 Apr 11, 2014
Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
P.M.S., lol. My father in law was having motorcycle envy when he came down with my mil, when my wife and I went to SoBe. Chicago had about the worst winter, in recorded history, and he hasnít ridden in a long time. I rode my bike to work the day they arrived, ha, ha. We have a lot more mild winters and longer springs and falls than they have.
I think the most Iíve ridden in one day was about 450 miles, and my butt was sore. My wifeís butt was even more sore. I have a Fat Boy Lo, not a touring. So, itís probably not quite as comfy as your ride, but I donít care for a touring bike and neither does my wife.
I got motorcycle envy when I moved to Edmonton and seen so many couples on Harley's, it was then I knew that I was with the wrong man, besides he drank too much, was miserable to everyone (except me, but it still got on my nerves), I wanted to be with someone who rode and loved it like me. So I left, and looked until I found the right guy. We are not very big people, but the touring bike is big, but easy to ride, and handle, not sure if I told you, but it is a streetglide. Beautiful bike. Hubby's job is very physical, so he is in really good shape, strong so he handles her really good, he was surprised he did, but we could not go any bigger. We also want to buy a smaller bike for just around town, something like what you have, or a fixer upper and he could build a really nice one. I like the fat boy's, but as you say, not so much for touring. Does your wife have her own, or is she like me and loves to be on behind? I love being on behind so many say get your own, but I find it intimate, makes us closer, and I get to see so much, and at the end of the day I can tell him what he missed...lol! Also fun to reach around....if you know what I mean and tease!!!!!!(but only on highway, never in town, too much to concentrate on..lol).

“100% Princess”

Level 8

Since: Jan 07

and totally harmless

#2224 Apr 11, 2014
AHarleyhoney wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Hitesrunprincess! It is a great way to travel. Even when we are home we like to take off for the day, stop at a bar have a bite to eat then head home. You see so much more on a bike.
Like the saying goes....In a car it is like seeing a movie, on a bike it is like starring in the movie...lol!
On the crocs...I hate those things, my mom used to wear them. None of my kids do, but we got a pair for my little granddaughter, pink, and a purple pair,,now in that tiny size they are adorable...lol! I also hate ugs,,, but same, got baby girl a pair and they are cute in that size. Not that my daughter and I have big feet, size 5, but I think it is the way so many girls just slop around in them, dragging their feet etc. Big turn off. I am like you, I like pretty girly shoes,, and have a closet full of them. Used to be when you flew anywhere you could take two checked bags for free, and one of mine was always a suitcase full of shoes...lol! When we were in Dominican recently we have a 8 year old little girl we sponsor to go to private school, so she and her little sister came over to visit and go in pool, well they spied my shoes, and proceeded to try them on, the youngest thought I gave her a pair and was going to wear them home...lol! You should have seen her posing for me, so cute. We now sponsor both girls to go to school. We don't go through any of those organized charities as they give the needy hardly any of that money, we send it directly to them.
Hi again Harley. Yeah, that's cool about the shoes. When I travel, it's mostly business--even when visiting family it's usually combined with business, and I always have one bag with nothing but shoes. Dress, casual, beach, sporty, it's all about the shoes baby. lol.

That's real cool about the girls you sponsor. It's a great feeling to be able to give something to those who don't have.

Have a great day....

Location hidden

#2225 Apr 11, 2014
Billy R wrote:
<quoted text>Its a small world......
Yes it is! It is weird sometimes when we are traveling and see someone from home.
Anon

Jackson, MO

#2226 Apr 11, 2014
Billy R wrote:
<quoted text>You've got a sister that posts here too?? And your mom is called Mama R? Wow, what a coincidence........
Hey Billy. What is it that keeps this thread at the top? May I ask you some technical questions, such as how that poster was able to post with a gray box like that and how you decide which gray to respond to or ignore?

Thanks
Anon

Jackson, MO

#2227 Apr 11, 2014
Billy R wrote:
<quoted text>Its a small world......
Isn't that the truth? When I moved to Florida from New England I had
a man do everything they could to pull me off the road. When I finally
did do just that .. they said "Hi, I'm from your neighborhood too."
The very same has happened in several other states I visited or lived.
Ever happen to you?

“100% Princess”

Level 8

Since: Jan 07

and totally harmless

#2228 Apr 11, 2014
Anon wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Billy. What is it that keeps this thread at the top? May I ask you some technical questions, such as how that poster was able to post with a gray box like that and how you decide which gray to respond to or ignore?
Thanks
You're posting with a gray box, but you don't know HOW to post with a gray box? That's sort of confusing.....

Level 8

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#2229 Apr 11, 2014
AHarleyhoney wrote:
<quoted text>
I got motorcycle envy when I moved to Edmonton and seen so many couples on Harley's, it was then I knew that I was with the wrong man, besides he drank too much, was miserable to everyone (except me, but it still got on my nerves), I wanted to be with someone who rode and loved it like me. So I left, and looked until I found the right guy. We are not very big people, but the touring bike is big, but easy to ride, and handle, not sure if I told you, but it is a streetglide. Beautiful bike. Hubby's job is very physical, so he is in really good shape, strong so he handles her really good, he was surprised he did, but we could not go any bigger. We also want to buy a smaller bike for just around town, something like what you have, or a fixer upper and he could build a really nice one. I like the fat boy's, but as you say, not so much for touring.
My buddy has a 2013 Street Glide. He rode up on it and surprised as all the day we were heading down to Myrtle Beach bike week, last spring. Itís black. If I were to get a touring bike, thatís what I would get.

When project rushmore came out, he was kicking himself for not waiting for the 2014s, lol.

My wife still doesnít like even the street glide, and I kind of like it. She thinks my fat boy lo fits my personality. Black paint and itís all blacked out Ö even my pipes are black. A little bit more bad a$s, hells angels, look to it than a touring. Handles better.

I will have this one paid off soon and I plan on getting another one, eventually, if I donít get a new boat. I will still keep my fat boy, even if I get a new bike. I hope to just keep adding to my collection, lol. I dunno what I will get, tho. I might get a ducati sports bike.

Level 8

Location hidden

#2230 Apr 11, 2014
AHarleyhoney wrote:
<quoted text>Does your wife have her own, or is she like me and loves to be on behind? I love being on behind so many say get your own, but I find it intimate, makes us closer, and I get to see so much, and at the end of the day I can tell him what he missed...lol! Also fun to reach around....if you know what I mean and tease!!!!!!(but only on highway, never in town, too much to concentrate on..lol).
No, my wife doesnít have one. She doesnít want one either. She likes being on back.

Sheís kind of a chicken-little by nature and Iím the complete opposite. I donít want her on one, either. I think if you are going to ride, you need to have confidence in your riding ability and you need to trust your bike. You canít be worried about your abilities Ö you have enough to worry about what other people are doing that you share the road with. There will also be times where you just have to react and it needs to be second nature. You canít panic or really even think about it. Iíve had a few close calls. I think she is safer with me than by herself.

She was afraid to even ride on it a first, but after her first ride, she said she said she feels safe on it with me. So, she feels safe, which is good. I had to kind of push her to go on it the first time. We had a date night. I said, we are taking the bike. She said no. I said yes. She said no. I said yes. She said no. I said yes Ö get your stuff on Ö it will be okay, youíll like it, trust me. She was kind of mad at me and crabby about it.

She got on and has really enjoyed it, like I knew she would. We were kid free for a week a few summers ago, and I took her out and got her liquored up and she was a wild woman on back, grabbing me privates, and telling me she loves a bad boy on a bike and kissing my neck on back. I was like who is this woman, lol. I was red lining it and sheís normally kind of a scaredy cat too. She loved it. So, yeah, I think itís safe to say I converted her, lol.
Weíve known each other a long time, but Iíve always pushed her to live a little more than she would naturally want to do, and I canít think of one time sheís regretted it. She loves going on day trips with me or even on it for date night. Lifeís too short.

My grandpa (moms side) rode a Harley in the 40s after the war. My uncle (momís bro) rode a Harley. My dad rode a Harley. I ride a Harley. My kids will probably ride a Harley. Itís in my blood, and Iíve been around bikes, four wheelers, snow mobiles (I broke my back jumping a snowmobile Ö I went too high, but I landed it perfectly Ö seems so unfair, lol) since I was a kid. So, she should trust me.

Iím not one of these guys who turned 40 and went through a mid-life crisis and decided to buy a Harley and ride a bike for the first time ever. I also took the safety course (I was hot dogging it on the bike they let you use, lol, I was the only person in the class who had a lot of experience on bikes Ö the instructors asked me why I was even taking the course, lolz Ö I said because I heard itís hard to pass the DMV test on a big bike and I donít have to take the test if I pass the test and to see if I can learn something new ... you can always learn more, even if you know a lot).

Location hidden

#2231 Apr 11, 2014
Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
My buddy has a 2013 Street Glide. He rode up on it and surprised as all the day we were heading down to Myrtle Beach bike week, last spring. Itís black. If I were to get a touring bike, thatís what I would get.
When project rushmore came out, he was kicking himself for not waiting for the 2014s, lol.
My wife still doesnít like even the street glide, and I kind of like it. She thinks my fat boy lo fits my personality. Black paint and itís all blacked out Ö even my pipes are black. A little bit more bad a$s, hells angels, look to it than a touring. Handles better.
I will have this one paid off soon and I plan on getting another one, eventually, if I donít get a new boat. I will still keep my fat boy, even if I get a new bike. I hope to just keep adding to my collection, lol. I dunno what I will get, tho. I might get a ducati sports bike.
My brother in law had a Ducati, expensive to fix, and high strung he said, so he got a different bike, not sure what it is.. I am a harley only girl...lol! Before I met my hubby he used to ride those bikes, he had a hayabusa, he got it up to top speed, scared the shit out of himself so went a got a Harley, best thing he ever did he said. I am glad too, because no way would I ride that, look like a dog humping a football...lol!(just having some fun with that remark). His first Harley was a Softail deluxe, but he sold it and we got this streetglide. The 2014 Rushmore is a beaut though. We like the black as well. But I have seen a really sexy looking bright orange one, they call it Sedona I do believe. The screaming Eagle is nice too. But we like the black,, it is sexy. We got the vance & hines pipes. I love that sound, love the sound of the Harley's, especially when a whole bunch go roaring by.

Level 8

Location hidden

#2232 Apr 11, 2014
I try to anticipate stupidity.

I slow down if I see someone with a left hand turn signal on coming the other way and they are going to turn across my lane I lost a buddy from that.

Iím cautious around intersections.

I try to keep as much space as possible between me and others.

I stay the heck away from semi-trucks.

Iím cautious if Iím on a multi lane highway and the lane next to me is backed up Ö you never know if someone is not going to see you and come into your lane from the lane that is backed up. I had a guy do that from a stop once and I was doing 65ish Ö he pulled right out in front of me! Thatís what I mean when I say you sometimes donít have time to think and you canít panic. You just have to process the situation very quickly and make the best decision you can under the circumstances. In that case, I had to drive in median on the grass to avoid hitting him Ö I just coasted in median on the grass (no braking on the grass, because your tires could go out from under you), passed him on the grass, to the left of him (I should have waved, lolz), and pulled back on the road in front of him Ö stop light was just up ahead and I gave him a piece of my mind Ö I was pissizzed Ö F-bombs galore.

I just try to be smart about it. You never know what someone else is going to do and if they see you. Around other drivers, Iím cautious, when Iím on an open road, though, I like to ride it like I stole it, lol.

Location hidden

#2233 Apr 11, 2014
SUBLIME1. I was going to reply to your comment but with yours and mine combined it went over 4000 characters so could not post it...lol!

Hubby says the same thing about learning new stuff.
I have been around bikers most of my life, even dated the President of the Bandidos many years ago,(Sumas Washington), hubby calls me the bad ass...lol! He is a bit more conservative, so it is a good mix, like you and your wife. I took to Harleys, like a duck to water. My Dad had a 47 panhead before kids came along, mom made him get rid of it, she is not much for bikes, but she is getting better now that I am on one, and has met my hubby, he has been riding for 35 years, and traveled a lot on bikes. I too, feel very safe with him, and like you he does not want me to ride either because he would be worrying, and watching out for me so much, something bad would bound to happen to him, me, or both of us. I got laughing at your story about how wild your wife got after having a few,,,lol! She sounds like a lot of fun. They say that bikers out of most people have the longest lasting relationships.
Don't think either of my kids will ride, my daughter won't ever get on the bike. My son loves his car...lol! But he does like bikes, friends in the past have taken him for a ride when he was little, but not sure if he will ever ride. My oldest grandson (he is 11) loves to go for a ride, he wears my leathers, and Papa takes him for a ride, one time picked him up from school, man did he think he was the "man"! All his friends were looking, he loved it..puffed out his little chest..lol!
My hubby rides the same as you, and yes when on the open road, he rides it like he stole it!

Seen a t-shirt that said......"I own a harley, not just a f^cking t-shirt"! I would love to see one that says that about the trucks too. Never see them with a harley!!!!(can't post the f word on here...lol).

Level 8

Location hidden

#2235 Apr 11, 2014
AHarleyhoney wrote:
<quoted text>
My brother in law had a Ducati, expensive to fix, and high strung he said, so he got a different bike, not sure what it is.. I am a harley only girl...lol! Before I met my hubby he used to ride those bikes, he had a hayabusa, he got it up to top speed, scared the shit out of himself so went a got a Harley, best thing he ever did he said. I am glad too, because no way would I ride that, look like a dog humping a football...lol!(just having some fun with that remark). His first Harley was a Softail deluxe, but he sold it and we got this streetglide. The 2014 Rushmore is a beaut though. We like the black as well. But I have seen a really sexy looking bright orange one, they call it Sedona I do believe. The screaming Eagle is nice too. But we like the black,, it is sexy. We got the vance & hines pipes. I love that sound, love the sound of the Harley's, especially when a whole bunch go roaring by.
I think the bike you ride depends on the situation and different bikes offer different things. I will always have a Harley, tho.

My buddy who now has an electra glide ultra classic, limited, had a busa before that. I took that up to max speed and the governor stopped me from going any faster at 175. I only had a half shell helmet on and my Oakleys. He took it into the shop and had them remove the governor and said I could take it up faster. I would have, but he traded it for his harley.

Sports bikes are no fun to ride on the back of. If I get one it would be just for days when I go up in the mountains and want to really hit the curves.

I have vance and hines too. These ones:

http://www.vanceandhines.com/store/softail/fu...

“I was a Grim Reaper”

Level 8

Since: Apr 07

But now I take antidepressants

#2236 Apr 11, 2014
Anon wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks
Threads stay at the top because of the volume and rapidity of responses.......I have a pretty simple policy towards responding to grey box posters.If a poster is being nice and polite I will usually respond to them. However, many grey box posters are here merely to cause trouble(a lot of them are trolls that have stalked me for years), those posters I usually fail to see........
Alias

Jackson, MO

#2237 Apr 11, 2014
Hitesrunprincess wrote:
<quoted text>You're posting with a gray box, but you don't know HOW to post with a gray box? That's sort of confusing.....
Princess, did you not notice the other poster didn't have anything but their ALIAS in their gray?
No IP?
Have you noticed those that have all sorts of symbols the majority of us are unable to use?

Have you noticed some are catching on to some of the games here and have you noticed which posts are removed after they speak about all the CONs going on out here?

Have a wonderful weekend ppl.:):):)

Level 8

Location hidden

#2238 Apr 11, 2014
AHarleyhoney wrote:
SUBLIME1. I was going to reply to your comment but with yours and mine combined it went over 4000 characters so could not post it...lol!
Hubby says the same thing about learning new stuff.
I have been around bikers most of my life, even dated the President of the Bandidos many years ago,(Sumas Washington), hubby calls me the bad ass...lol! He is a bit more conservative, so it is a good mix, like you and your wife. I took to Harleys, like a duck to water. My Dad had a 47 panhead before kids came along, mom made him get rid of it, she is not much for bikes, but she is getting better now that I am on one, and has met my hubby, he has been riding for 35 years, and traveled a lot on bikes. I too, feel very safe with him, and like you he does not want me to ride either because he would be worrying, and watching out for me so much, something bad would bound to happen to him, me, or both of us. I got laughing at your story about how wild your wife got after having a few,,,lol! She sounds like a lot of fun. They say that bikers out of most people have the longest lasting relationships.
Sounds like a colorful life.

My wife had a huge margarita. I mean huge. There is the regular, the jumbo, and then this monstrosity. She was wasted.

I took her home had my way with her for a long time. Then we showered and I felt like doing it again right away before I even put my clothes on after the shower. So we did. After we finished, I said Mmmmmm that was a good round 2 Ö she said, no, no round 2. I said, that was round 2 silly. She didnít even remember. So funny.
AHarleyhoney wrote:
Don't think either of my kids will ride, my daughter won't ever get on the bike. My son loves his car...lol! But he does like bikes, friends in the past have taken him for a ride when he was little, but not sure if he will ever ride. My oldest grandson (he is 11) loves to go for a ride, he wears my leathers, and Papa takes him for a ride, one time picked him up from school, man did he think he was the "man"! All his friends were looking, he loved it..puffed out his little chest..lol!
I take my boys on mine a lot of times. I think they will probably ride. They like to be just like me.
AHarleyhoney wrote:
My hubby rides the same as you, and yes when on the open road, he rides it like he stole it!
Thatís the way to do it. It takes me back to being a kid on my dirt bike.
AHarleyhoney wrote:
Seen a t-shirt that said......"I own a harley, not just a f^cking t-shirt"! I would love to see one that says that about the trucks too. Never see them with a harley!!!!(can't post the f word on here...lol).
My buddy has a shirt and it says ďMove effing nowĒ, but it is written as a mirror image so that when someone is driving slow in front of you, and they look at you in their rear view mirror, they can read it. It sux when you are on some nice curves and want to hit them hard, but are stuck behind a turtle in a car.
Alias

Jackson, MO

#2239 Apr 11, 2014
Princess .. you don't expect ME to believe you are confused out here, do you?

roun and roun was the only thing in that cute lil' box, but they did have a word worth reading regardless. You weren't confused with Billy's response to them were you ... PHit&run?

Why hasn't TOPIX removed more of these revealing posts and when will I be IP banned again? Someone must know that answer because I most certainly AM confused about that.

Trish
Alias

Jackson, MO

#2240 Apr 11, 2014
Hello Billy, Sublime, HH and all the Princesses and Princes out here today.
Gosh, am I the only one to notice how weird the place has gotten?

Or has it been this mcking weird from day one of your topix experiences and/or careers?

Which MOD do you expect is reading this mess today? Hahahaha

Is it true they have a skeleton staff most days of the week and less on weekend?

Just curious .. do you believe in superstition?

Do you like Talking Heads and do you think they have their free speech stifled as often as some of us do?
&fe ature=youtu.be

Last night I posted a link to three newspapers I've worked to and the Filter warned me to be polite and would not let the post stand. They did the very same thing when I tried to post the History of the Arch in St. Louis.

Hmmm .. isn't that somewhat confusing to more than just this alias?
Alias - Trish

Jackson, MO

#2241 Apr 11, 2014
Billy R wrote:
<quoted text>Threads stay at the top because of the volume and rapidity of responses.......I have a pretty simple policy towards responding to grey box posters.If a poster is being nice and polite I will usually respond to them. However, many grey box posters are here merely to cause trouble(a lot of them are trolls that have stalked me for years), those posters I usually fail to see........
Do you believe I am here to cause trouble? You've stated your opinion more than once about my numerous banning's (sp?) and even Ferret is upset to believe I'm just another princess out here.

I don't know all the details, but some are blatantly clear and I'm not impressed. Should I be?
Thanks Billy. Hope you have a nice weekend Sir.:)
Alias - Trish

Jackson, MO

#2242 Apr 11, 2014
Really now and this question is for ALL of you?

Who will be IP banned again as I was? Why was I chosen for such a harsh
banning and is it possible some one HACKED and destroyed my $1,000 computer?

Which links do I dare open anymore? Are ANY of the grays to be trusted?
How about SOCKS or profiles as OLD as some of yours?

Why has HH been banned as often as I? Any ideas or real answers, PPL?

Is the BAN Hammer near now and will all my posts be removed again?
Are they too revealing to profit Topix OZ? How many AdvertiZers did pull out after they discovered some of what was actually happening around here?

**how many questions will they spin around today?
Alias

Jackson, MO

#2243 Apr 11, 2014
Do you believe I can type 98wpm fairly accurate and I just discovered
last month I do in fact have carpal tunnel as a result? Can you believe
I worked my hands so hard in the yard this past year that I absolutely
could not use them for three weeks without excruciating pain and that
includes wiping my own butt?

TRUE Story ... again.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Whatcha' doing? (Apr '12) 3 min mr goodwrench 7,696
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 3 min Subduction Zone 143,175
Lets Discuss Men (Dec '13) 4 min GANNY 859
Are You a MEAN Person ? 6 min Paster 57
Word Association 2 (Sep '13) 10 min Mega Monster 8,928
***Keep a Word~Drop a Word*** (Jan '10) 12 min David0407 78,008
Add a Word, Ruin a Movie (Oct '13) 21 min mr goodwrench 4,541
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 33 min wichita-rick 155,523
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 52 min Shaddup 38,574
did tally have a stroke 2 hr A noted observer 27