of 5
Next Last

Level 9

Since: Nov 10

Powellton WV

#96 Jun 26, 2013
Nancy Botwin wrote:
<quoted text>
You have little understanding of this ritual. While I'm not in favor of this for girls or women...Isn't that what we do to baby boys...without their consent?
Evidence Shows That Illegal Female Genital Cutting Is a Growing Phenomenon in US
Up to 200,000 American girls and women are at risk, many of them sent abroad to undergo the procedure.
"In many cultures, it is inconceivable to think that a woman has not undergone some sort of cutting, with many women not considered “fully female” and ostracized by their communities for failing to undergo the procedure. The practice is said to pre-date religion and is linked to femininity, honor, social status and marriageability."
http://www.alternet.org/gender/evidence-shows...
I hope this article explains it better.
China values it's women...Have you been there? How much are women REALLY valued in the U.S.? Why do women make less than men for doing the same job? Are you saying there is no gender discrimination in the U.S...no glass ceiling?
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Yeah...I have some first hand knowledge of the
practice. And how it's growing in the U.S.

It's totally different from what we do to boys.

Circumcision is done for the protection of the boy
and does not hinder his enjoyment of sex in any
way. What is removed is just skin.

With women it is a total removal of external
genitalia.
Meaning this woman will Never be able to orgasm.

I think that is MUCH different than what is done
to boys here.

It Is Barbaric.
Youtuber 2013

Castle Rock, CO

#97 Jun 26, 2013
I love the freedom here and the "colorful" people and culture that comes along with that freedom to do whatever you want :). Walking down the streets of Bourbon St. in the French Quarters seeing women walking down topless and pretty pictures painted as "shirts" on their topless selves and enjoying themselves not being harassed. That's just for one example. Being a woman here in the U.S. is even more special. Many ladies across the world don't get to truly enjoy living like we do here in the U.S. I like that. I also like the fact that America is so multicultural and is a true melting pot, similar to Brazil with the mixed races. I love to learn about other people cultures be it Irish, Colombian, Vietnamese, etc. Last but not least, we band together in tough times regardless of whether we like each other or not behind the scenes. Many can't countries can not say that. There's just so many different personalities in America. I love it! Look at the AA forum on topix...what a great example. Nothing but a bunch of wild boar and panda bears fighting with each other taking cheap shots at one another calling each other cave apes and soulless eyed chimpanzees and not even get banned for the wonderful freedom of speech they use while I get to enjoy being the spectator of that newly remodeled topix zoo. Only in America! Beautiful indeed :D.

“Cat got your tongue?”

Level 7

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#98 Jun 26, 2013
arctic wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah...I have some first hand knowledge of the
practice. And how it's growing in the U.S.
It's totally different from what we do to boys.
Circumcision is done for the protection of the boy
and does not hinder his enjoyment of sex in any
way. What is removed is just skin.
With women it is a total removal of external
genitalia.
Meaning this woman will Never be able to orgasm.
I think that is MUCH different than what is done
to boys here.
It Is Barbaric.
"With women it is a total removal of external
genitalia."

You obviously didn't read the article.

Have a nice evening.

Level 6

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#99 Jun 26, 2013
Kwazy wrote:
KWAZY!!!!
Hey you.

Since: Jan 07

Location Shown

#100 Jun 26, 2013
Ya'll are fu kin with my Flag Image with this slitting crap, anyway I don't think I can tell China to treat their women,

Bring that to Bama, and I'll get a jury to let me go for stopping you with your own razor ,...

Level 9

Powellton WV

#102 Jun 26, 2013
I don't really understand the purpose
of the article.
Yep, it is on the rise in the U.S. and
there was (apparently) a middle eastern
dr. here doing it to girls of families
of M.E. decent.
I think it's atrocious.
Bad enough it's done anywhere but to be
done here....well it's a crime.
I don't give a rats a$$ what culture you're
from or what race you are.
You're going to jail if you do it here.

“I'll just kick me down a wall,”

Level 6

Since: Dec 11

And walk outa here!

#103 Jun 26, 2013
Nancy Botwin wrote:
<quoted text>
China values it's women...Have you been there? How much are women REALLY valued in the U.S.? Why do women make less than men for doing the same job? Are you saying there is no gender discrimination in the U.S...no glass ceiling?
have you been to china?
In modern China, the treatment of women is dependent upon where one lives within the Asian coutnry. For instance, if a female was living in a rural area of China, one could see that the woman in question would be treated much harsher than those living wihtin the city. This is because many people who live in the rural areas of China tend to be under educated and are greatly traditional in nature. In other words, because of their traditions and lackof eduation, Chinese women living in the coutnryside tend to be viewed upon as inferior. This is not to say that women who live in the city have it that much better. Chinese women who live in cities and are more educated tend to be treated better than the others. In general, women in China in modern times are actually divorcing sexist male counterparts at an alarming rate, and women are realizing their equality more and more on a daily basis.
And before you start, you don't have to prove your smarter than me, I just looked up what you said about woman in china being valued and copy & pastes this info.

Level 9

Powellton WV

#104 Jun 26, 2013
I base much of my ill will toward China
solely on a documentary I watched yrs ago
about how they injected iodine into the
soft spot of new born baby girls b/c they
were girls.

Sort of an abortion after the thought there.
What we call murder here.

They wanted boys.

Recently some friends in Australia were
discussing an offer aimed at Au girls.
Apparently of age females were in desperate
demand in parts of China.
The boys had grown up and had no one to marry.

My post to them then was this:
If they killed That many of their girls
screw them.
Let the ignorant [email protected] die out.

(I hope that's not too politically incorrect)

“Cat got your tongue?”

Level 7

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#105 Jun 26, 2013
liam cul8r wrote:
<quoted text>have you been to china?
In modern China, the treatment of women is dependent upon where one lives within the Asian coutnry. For instance, if a female was living in a rural area of China, one could see that the woman in question would be treated much harsher than those living wihtin the city. This is because many people who live in the rural areas of China tend to be under educated and are greatly traditional in nature. In other words, because of their traditions and lackof eduation, Chinese women living in the coutnryside tend to be viewed upon as inferior. This is not to say that women who live in the city have it that much better. Chinese women who live in cities and are more educated tend to be treated better than the others. In general, women in China in modern times are actually divorcing sexist male counterparts at an alarming rate, and women are realizing their equality more and more on a daily basis.
And before you start, you don't have to prove your smarter than me, I just looked up what you said about woman in china being valued and copy & pastes this info.
Yes.. I have spent much time there along with my brother who taught English, his wife, a Chinese national and my son who works in a logging show at a amusement park.(they love loggers in China.) I understand how the culture works. Wow..Thanks for being so honest! It's a different culture and some of what you have researched is true but like you pointed out...things are changing. Women have much more influence than you think. It's not the kind of influence that is in your face. It is much more subtle than that. Have you been there? It is magic in many ways. Hope you get to go sometime. I think you'll find it's different than what you think.

Just a side remark...the police don't carry guns in China. That's how different it is!

Have a good one...

“My Bad! Just hold me. ”

Level 9

Since: Aug 07

Orion's Belt

#106 Jun 26, 2013
arctic wrote:
I don't really understand the purpose
of the article.
Yep, it is on the rise in the U.S. and
there was (apparently) a middle eastern
dr. here doing it to girls of families
of M.E. decent.
I think it's atrocious.
Bad enough it's done anywhere but to be
done here....well it's a crime.
I don't give a rats a$$ what culture you're
from or what race you are.
You're going to jail if you do it here.
I second that. Am not even going to go on. Nothing makes me madder.

“My Bad! Just hold me. ”

Level 9

Since: Aug 07

Orion's Belt

#107 Jun 26, 2013
arctic wrote:
I base much of my ill will toward China
solely on a documentary I watched yrs ago
about how they injected iodine into the
soft spot of new born baby girls b/c they
were girls.
Sort of an abortion after the thought there.
What we call murder here.
They wanted boys.
Recently some friends in Australia were
discussing an offer aimed at Au girls.
Apparently of age females were in desperate
demand in parts of China.
The boys had grown up and had no one to marry.
My post to them then was this:
If they killed That many of their girls
screw them.
Let the ignorant [email protected] die out.
(I hope that's not too politically incorrect)
Spot on!

“I know where you are,”

Level 8

Since: Jun 08

Right here under my thumb

#108 Jun 27, 2013
My Chinese brother's Vespa does 185 mph, if that helps.

“Jack loves to ride”

Level 8

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#109 Nov 11, 2013
milwaukee69 wrote:
<quoted text>
***milwaukee69 dancing around OB with pink thong around head, singing Kumbya, clapping wooden spoon and cooking pot***
Miss you, my friend!

“I'll just kick me down a wall,”

Level 6

Since: Dec 11

And walk outa here!

#110 Nov 12, 2013
DondoDork wrote:
<quoted text>
Miss you, my friend!
ditto...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Word Association 2 (Sep '13) 2 min KNIGHT DeVINE 17,612
News Amsterdam sex robot BROTHEL 'will help prevent ... 5 min knight 6
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 7 min syamsu 197,472
Just start naming actors and actresses (Sep '11) 8 min Mega Monster 4,957
Any Word ! (Mar '11) 9 min Mega Monster 4,270
Word association (Jun '07) 11 min Mega Monster 4,548
Word Association. (Nov '10) 13 min Mega Monster 19,190
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 17 min Princess Hey 190,882
Crystal_Clears Kitchen (Refurbished) 20 min Enzos Toilet 6,113
Last Post Wins! (Aug '08) 32 min Old Sam 144,837
Answer a question with a question (Apr '15) 46 min Princess Hey 2,373
JUST SAY SOMETHING. Whatever comes to mind!! (Aug '09) 48 min aint working 32,144
More from around the web