Posted in the Weird Forum

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Level 6

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#1 Jun 19, 2013
Write what you love about America. Anything even if it is a faint association that you feel, think, or connect with America, it can be something as simple as:

USA (not the town or prefect. in Japan)

or

little red poppies

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#2 Jun 19, 2013
QuiteCrazy wrote:
Write what you love about America. Anything even if it is a faint association that you feel, think, or connect with America, it can be something as simple as:
USA (not the town or prefect. in Japan)
or
little red poppies
I love how friendly people are to strangers :)
Level 6

Location hidden

#3 Jun 19, 2013
Denny CranesPlace wrote:
<quoted text>I love how friendly people are to strangers :)
It's true! Was visiting my aunt once and thought how strange they all say hi.
Level 6

Location hidden

#4 Jun 19, 2013
apple pie
Bucket List

United States

#5 Jun 19, 2013
Never been to extreme North West and the East coast. Would like to see the Grand Canyon, then visit the East coast, avoiding New York of course. Might get arrested if Bloomberg catches me with an 84 ounce Slurpee or a super size fries.

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#6 Jun 19, 2013
QuiteCrazy wrote:
<quoted text>
It's true! Was visiting my aunt once and thought how strange they all say hi.
When I go to England I freak people out by saying good morning to people I pass on the street ;) Crazy Yank

“I know where you are,”

Level 8

Since: Jun 08

Right here under my thumb

#7 Jun 19, 2013
I've been overseas plenty.

It always brings a smile to my face whenever I see the American shoreline come into view.

There is no other country in the world that even comes close to America - none, IMO.
Level 6

Location hidden

#8 Jun 19, 2013
NY cityscape at night before 9-11.

Now when I cross the GW and look out it feels alien, hollow, and like a gash.

“'" Always Thinking '"”

Level 8

Since: Nov 12

Greensburg, IN

#9 Jun 23, 2013
QuiteCrazy wrote:
NY cityscape at night before 9-11.
Now when I cross the GW and look out it feels alien, hollow, and like a gash.
:: cause it is ::
=Why'd "WE" let it happen?=
cause it's eaiser to watch "US" than it is to;
stop terrorists
stop illegal immigrants
stop government spending
stop healthcare abuse
stop IRS scandals
stop Benghazi blunders
Sensor & Trample Our Peoople
STOP!

“I'll just kick me down a wall,”

Level 6

Since: Dec 11

And walk outa here!

#10 Jun 23, 2013
I feel so fortunate to be living in this great country of ours and I am greatful that I am able to raise my family here. I have a bunch of thoughts running through my mind of things I would like to say about America but mostly that she may stumble occasionally, but true Americans will be there to help brush her off and put her back on her feet again. I love my country through the good times as well the bad. Proud to hold my right hand over my heart and recite the pledge of allegiance. Always get a lump in my throat when I hear the national anthem. And ten feet tall and bullet proof when someone wants to run her down.
Ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for your country. If more people would stop trying to suck her dry and just be thankful for the freedom we are able to experience here, they could have the happiness that I have every day.

My country tis of thee

http://youtu.be/u0ywDLpfBHg

Proud to be an American

http://youtu.be/zL_GRKURoEY

Old Glory

http://youtu.be/SDerz26VEYY

Since: Jan 07

Location Shown

#11 Jun 23, 2013
I like the Flag, the ones that have been handed to me just as much as one that is full from the wind,...

“This is how I see you”

Level 8

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#12 Jun 23, 2013
Bucket List wrote:
Never been to extreme North West and the East coast. Would like to see the Grand Canyon, then visit the East coast, avoiding New York of course. Might get arrested if Bloomberg catches me with an 84 ounce Slurpee or a super size fries.
I saw where Harley Hunter posted that she wanted to come to Arizona. Best to avoid visiting the Grand Canyon when she's here, you might confuse the two big holes!

“cat lover”

Level 6

Since: Jul 07

Tucson

#14 Jun 23, 2013
DondoDork wrote:
<quoted text>
I saw where Harley Hunter posted that she wanted to come to Arizona. Best to avoid visiting the Grand Canyon when she's here, you might confuse the two big holes!
I live in AZ and I love the heat during the summer and seeing the wilf that come into town and when the cactus bloom in the spring
Level 7

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#15 Jun 23, 2013
LuAnn D wrote:
<quoted text>I live in AZ and I love the heat during the summer and seeing the wilf that come into town and when the cactus bloom in the spring
Hi LuAnn!
I live North of Phoenix, and I hear you! Springtime in the desert is beautiful!--Enjoy the heat!(You know it's a dry heat! LOL!)

“This is how I see you”

Level 8

Location hidden

#16 Jun 23, 2013
Thorn-in-Flesh wrote:
<quoted text>
She loves the beaches there, lol!
So do I, lmao!

“start thinkin' now, then VOTE!”

Since: Jun 08

....re-elect no one.......

#17 Jun 23, 2013
...i remember being in more than one overseas location, and asking God to let me get back to the USA......and i'd never leave it again.......everyone thinking this country is messed up should go spend about a week in some third world country....better yet, a month....you might develop an appreciation you had taken for granted when you get back.....

“Hong Kong Phooey”

Level 4

Since: Nov 12

So Far Out of this World

#18 Jun 23, 2013
Theres no place like home.. (click click) Theres no place like home.. (click click)

Level 6

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#19 Jun 23, 2013
It's America! Enough said!:D

“cat lover”

Level 6

Since: Jul 07

Tucson

#20 Jun 24, 2013
skybobbie wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi LuAnn!
I live North of Phoenix, and I hear you! Springtime in the desert is beautiful!--Enjoy the heat!(You know it's a dry heat! LOL!)
Yup I know just wait till the monsoons hit my kid brother lives in Maricopa (sp) and my older brother also lives in Tucson :)

“This is how I see you”

Level 8

Location hidden

#21 Jun 24, 2013
LuAnn D wrote:
<quoted text>Yup I know just wait till the monsoons hit my kid brother lives in Maricopa (sp) and my older brother also lives in Tucson :)
I'm in Mohave and we were supposed to get the Monsoon yesterday, never happened but it did keep the heat down.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
BAN(N) the P0STER Above you !!! (Feb '14) 2 min Mechanic 2,065
Funny!! Word association game. (Nov '13) 2 min Hoosier in Black 1,736
3 "NEW" words from last 3 letters without using... (Sep '12) 3 min DILF 1,446
Make a Story / 4 Words Only (Nov '08) 5 min DILF 24,284
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 5 min MikeF 117,565
Who do you trust on offbeat ? (Sep '12) 6 min DILF 223
Ebola in America 10 min Hoosier in Black 53
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 14 min Jeff 21,410
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 47 min Tom2Tone 147,778
Do you have a Topix crush? (Jun '11) 2 hr ZkyClank 6,427