What is your favorite Rx drug********...

What is your favorite Rx drug*******************

Posted in the Weird Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Mr Rutherford

AOL

#1 Mar 13, 2010
I take xanax and soma. I think it is harmless and does wonders for my back pain. Do you have a favorite legal prescription drug at your local KMAR Pharmacy?

“Ante Omnia Armari”

Since: Nov 07

"You get back what you give"

#2 Mar 13, 2010
Who needs Drugs when there is Topix? Oh wait, there ARE a few.....

Since: Mar 10

Fort Walton Beach, FL

#3 Mar 13, 2010
I take 1mg Lorazepam. One is enough for me to keep me cool, stressless and sleepy. They don't call me cool Herman for nothing. Take two of them, and you'll be a kite somewhere up high with no string attach. They are legal prescription drugs.

“Who's got the hooch?”

Level 3

Location hidden

#4 Mar 13, 2010
What have you got?

“RIP Eric Medlen FC#4 1973-2007”

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#5 Mar 13, 2010
Mr Rutherford wrote:
I take xanax and soma. I think it is harmless and does wonders for my back pain. Do you have a favorite legal prescription drug at your local KMAR Pharmacy?
I've never heard of soma. Do you mind if I ask what kind of back pain you have? I have a ruptured disk that is pinching my sciatic nerve on the right side all the time, and sometimes pinches the left side. I have to take muscle relaxers and Lortab, and that isn't doing the trick, just takes the edge off. If I'm in really bad pain I have to take two of the Lortabs and it will help.

“Ante Omnia Armari”

#6 Mar 13, 2010
JFR Fan wrote:
<quoted text>
I've never heard of soma. Do you mind if I ask what kind of back pain you have? I have a ruptured disk that is pinching my sciatic nerve on the right side all the time, and sometimes pinches the left side. I have to take muscle relaxers and Lortab, and that isn't doing the trick, just takes the edge off. If I'm in really bad pain I have to take two of the Lortabs and it will help.
Sounds like you have built up a possible resistance to the Lortab. But sciatic pain is awful. Maybe changing to a different one might help. I understand terrible pain, I have severe RA and fibro.

“Mess with me.”

Level 2

Since: Dec 09

I like it.

#7 Mar 13, 2010
Simply_Red wrote:
<quoted text>Sounds like you have built up a possible resistance to the Lortab. But sciatic pain is awful. Maybe changing to a different one might help. I understand terrible pain, I have severe RA and fibro.
I take Lyrica for the fibro. It really helps. Pain meds do nothing.
catdog

Bloomsburg, PA

#8 Mar 13, 2010
tramadol does wonders for back pain.

“Ante Omnia Armari”

#9 Mar 13, 2010
missing_goldfish wrote:
<quoted text>
I take Lyrica for the fibro. It really helps. Pain meds do nothing.
No problems with side effects? I hear ya about the pain meds, helps to maybe just take the edge off a little.

“Mess with me.”

Level 2

Since: Dec 09

I like it.

#10 Mar 13, 2010
Simply_Red wrote:
<quoted text>No problems with side effects? I hear ya about the pain meds, helps to maybe just take the edge off a little.
At first maybe a bit, I can't even remember. But I've been on it so long I've forgotten. I ran out for a couple of days, and I was in so much pain, I'd forgotten how bad it was. I will never run out of it again!
Littly Nicky

AOL

#11 Mar 15, 2010
JFR Fan wrote:
<quoted text>
I've heard of it. Carisprodol, soma generic is very cheap to buy. It works on the cns to relax muscles. It can give the appearance of being in a seizure, but it is harmless. Mix with alchohol, it can send you to the 'big sleep' as in 6 ft under. Taken as prescribed, ok, BUT, most MDs don't like to Rx it. Many hollwood deaths have has a trace of it, but again, it was mixed with something.Also,when you get it and the bottle says DONT DRIVE, which it will, dont. It can kick in 20 minutes after you take it and you will bust your motor mounts, or flip into a ditch. Good luck. Now go get yourself some meds.

Location hidden

#12 Mar 15, 2010
Simply_Red wrote:
<quoted text>Sounds like you have built up a possible resistance to the Lortab. But sciatic pain is awful. Maybe changing to a different one might help. I understand terrible pain, I have severe RA and fibro.
Sorry to hear that. I know the type of pain you're in. My mom has Sjogren's disease and it affects all her connective tissues. She has slight RA, and the Sjogren's pain is much like fibro.

I'm very limited on what I can take because of an allergy to salicylates. This is the main ingredient in aspirin, and most anti-inflammatories say not to take them if you're allergic to aspirin. That leaves me with Tylenol for inflammation. I might as well take M&Ms for all the good Tylenol does for me. There is another form of Lortab that the doc has given my mom and I'm going to ask about it the next time I'm in. It has no Tylenol in it and more of the pain med. She can really tell a difference.

Location hidden

#13 Mar 15, 2010
Littly Nicky wrote:
<quoted text>I've heard of it. Carisprodol, soma generic is very cheap to buy. It works on the cns to relax muscles. It can give the appearance of being in a seizure, but it is harmless. Mix with alchohol, it can send you to the 'big sleep' as in 6 ft under. Taken as prescribed, ok, BUT, most MDs don't like to Rx it. Many hollwood deaths have has a trace of it, but again, it was mixed with something.Also,when you get it and the bottle says DONT DRIVE, which it will, dont. It can kick in 20 minutes after you take it and you will bust your motor mounts, or flip into a ditch. Good luck. Now go get yourself some meds.
If this is a muscle relaxer, I do already take one. It doesn't sound like this would be a good one for me to try since I have Epilepsy and have to be careful about taking anything that can trigger a seizure. I have been seizure free for almost 18 years and I'd like to keep it that way. The last one happened when I was driving and I hit a tree airborne doing 60. Not an experience I care to repeat! Thanks for the info though!!! I appreciate any help I can find.

Fort Walton Beach, FL

#14 Mar 15, 2010
I had cramps in my both legs once, I couldn't walk, my muscle start tighting on me so I called the ambulance, I was taken to the hospital. Afterwards the nurse told me, that if next time you have muscle cramps take two tylenol, extra strengh if you have them. They did work. Also Aleve help with my leg pain. Now that I take prescription drugs, I take Lorazepam from anxiety, stress and help with my sleep. And for pain I take Tramadol.

“1943-2013”

Level 10

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

#15 Mar 15, 2010
Lasix

Because I just love taking a piss every 15 minutes 20 hours a day.

“omg! omg! omg! OMG!!”

Since: Jun 08

he took a phone call?!!!

#16 Mar 15, 2010
Red ones...

Hamburg, NY

#17 Mar 15, 2010
suppositories

“Who's got the hooch?”

Level 3

Location hidden

#18 Mar 15, 2010
JFR Fan wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry to hear that. I know the type of pain you're in. My mom has Sjogren's disease and it affects all her connective tissues. She has slight RA, and the Sjogren's pain is much like fibro.
I'm very limited on what I can take because of an allergy to salicylates. This is the main ingredient in aspirin, and most anti-inflammatories say not to take them if you're allergic to aspirin. That leaves me with Tylenol for inflammation. I might as well take M&Ms for all the good Tylenol does for me. There is another form of Lortab that the doc has given my mom and I'm going to ask about it the next time I'm in. It has no Tylenol in it and more of the pain med. She can really tell a difference.
Try Norco it has the least amount of Tylenol in it thats what I'm on due to a fractured vertebra along with Flexaril.

“omg! omg! omg! OMG!!”

Since: Jun 08

he took a phone call?!!!

#19 Mar 15, 2010
"The ones my mother gave me didn't do anything at all."

Gracie Slick

Oops. Wrong thread...

“Who's got the hooch?”

Level 3

Location hidden

#20 Mar 15, 2010
Call Alice!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll Do You Have A Topix Crush? (2014 Version) (Oct '14) 2 min honeymylove 117
Word Association 2 (Sep '13) 3 min wichita-rick 22,170
Play "end of the name"... (Jun '15) 4 min Judy 123 2,280
Let's play "follow the word" (Jun '08) 6 min Princess Hey 48,262
Names, A to Z, ... (Aug '12) 7 min Judy 123 3,422
Funny!! Word association game. (Nov '13) 9 min wichita-rick 5,285
News Officials: Passenger hit train's emergency stop... 13 min Dr Wu 1
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 24 min wichita-rick 206,970
What turns you on ? (Aug '11) 33 min honeymylove 1,471
Denny Crain's Place (May '10) 38 min Lucy the First 20,481