Buckets of KFC fried chicken smuggled...

Buckets of KFC fried chicken smuggled through tunnel in Gaza Strip

There are 63 comments on the WTKS-FM Maitland story from May 17, 2013, titled Buckets of KFC fried chicken smuggled through tunnel in Gaza Strip. In it, WTKS-FM Maitland reports that:

They say everybody needs a little KFC, and it seems they're right. Gaza residents don't have access to a local branch - so they're willing to pay more than twice the going price to get it delivered from Egypt in a highly complex process that takes some four hours.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WTKS-FM Maitland.

“you're not the boss of me!”

Since: Jan 08

the road less traveled.....

#22 May 19, 2013
and yet, I like KFC and can why someone might go through extraordinary lengths to get some.....

“To contract new debts...”

Level 6

Since: Apr 08

is not the way to pay old ones

#23 May 19, 2013
It would be funny if one of the 11 herbs and spices turned out to be bacon.

#24 May 19, 2013
Hunglo wrote:
It would be funny if one of the 11 herbs and spices turned out to be bacon.
one of my nieces was not allowed to eat anything w/a cloven foot (??? pork, mainly) and she would take the opportunity to enjoy it at other homes....who can pass up some nice, crispy bacon?

Level 1

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#25 May 19, 2013
I pretty much don't care about any religion but I do like fried chicken.
Faith

New Baltimore, MI

#26 May 19, 2013
nils wrote:
Are you serious? Are you that ignorant? Surely someone of faith recognizes the bible who talks of the Palestinians. Surely you would know that the people of Israel lost the battle and were ousted from the area only to find a way back after ww2- Palestine is now a recognized state by the UN - Israel <quoted text>
That was a charming story. I am imagining you are wearing a Nazi uniform sans the pants and tugging on your pathetic little worm.
Faith

New Baltimore, MI

#27 May 19, 2013
centereach ny wrote:
<quoted text>
what's your evidence that the jews had any rights in that land?
Didn't you ever see the Ten Commandments?
Faith

New Baltimore, MI

#28 May 19, 2013
The archaeological records indicate a Jewish presence in Israel dating back 4000 years.
The filthy muslims try to deny this to further their hateful, devious agenda. But the rest of the world knows the truth.

Muslims are, above all else, liars.

#29 May 19, 2013
guess the fried chicken angle is not enough to sustain interest in this thread....so much more enjoyable to argue about religion..

pass me a wing please

Level 9

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#30 May 19, 2013
KFC ??? I would describe it as 'smarmy'.

#31 May 19, 2013
quilterqueen wrote:
KFC ??? I would describe it as 'smarmy'.
I like the mashed potato bowl
nils

United States

#32 May 19, 2013
Faith wrote:
The archaeological records indicate a Jewish presence in Israel dating back 4000 years.
The filthy muslims try to deny this to further their hateful, devious agenda. But the rest of the world knows the truth.

Muslims are, above all else, liars.
That is by far one of the most idiotic statements I have ever heard- "did I see the Ten Commandments " - a movie. Do you even know the 10 commandments? How are you going to argue a point from a fictional movie directed 50 years ago based on a version of a book that includes testimonies of the apostles supposedly written 2000 years ago- but has been rewritten about 1000 years ago ( King James Version) and to further that- Jewish followers don't even believe in the New Testament. You should really do more research before you try to argue a point- but if you go by this book read Joshua - he talks of the Canaanites who were then killed by the Hebrews. Please get your facts straight and do some research before you make yourself a complete idiot. Further as far as wearing a nazi uniform and having a small wanker- do u really need to drop so low to try and prove a point- does that make you feel better? Does that make you feel superior? Should I run for cover because of your pathetic insults. I think not- in fact this whole thread just made you look like a racist nincompoop - and you did it to yourself (especially with using a movie reference). I am by far in no way a racist - I believe Israel's politicians have made Israel become a brutal state who continually break laws, steal, and kill. But all races do the same thing- Israel just seems to make itself seem entitled to it. I'd you want to continue this debate please do- but do it with care because your so called facts seem to be untruths so far- cite your references- if you must and ill do the same. And finally we can get to the real answers - but if you are scared we all understand- if you would rather just go by what 1 religion says or by a biased research paper then do so- because the truth is out here - you can accept it or deny it- but please stop spreading lies and ignorance. It does no good.

“To contract new debts...”

Level 6

Since: Apr 08

is not the way to pay old ones

#33 May 19, 2013
Debra27 wrote:
guess the fried chicken angle is not enough to sustain interest in this thread....so much more enjoyable to argue about religion..
pass me a wing please
Don't know or care much for religion, I'll take a drumstick.

Level 1

Since: May 13

Hounslow, UK

#34 May 19, 2013
Oh man! Really want a KFC now >.<

This forum is deliciously evil!
Faith

New Baltimore, MI

#35 May 19, 2013
nils wrote:
<quoted text>
That is by far one of the most idiotic statements I have ever heard- "did I see the Ten Commandments " - a movie. Do you even know the 10 commandments? How are you going to argue a point from a fictional movie directed 50 years ago based on a version of a book that includes testimonies of the apostles supposedly written 2000 years ago- but has been rewritten about 1000 years ago ( King James Version) and to further that- Jewish followers don't even believe in the New Testament. You should really do more research before you try to argue a point- but if you go by this book read Joshua - he talks of the Canaanites who were then killed by the Hebrews. Please get your facts straight and do some research before you make yourself a complete idiot. Further as far as wearing a nazi uniform and having a small wanker- do u really need to drop so low to try and prove a point- does that make you feel better? Does that make you feel superior? Should I run for cover because of your pathetic insults. I think not- in fact this whole thread just made you look like a racist nincompoop - and you did it to yourself (especially with using a movie reference). I am by far in no way a racist - I believe Israel's politicians have made Israel become a brutal state who continually break laws, steal, and kill. But all races do the same thing- Israel just seems to make itself seem entitled to it. I'd you want to continue this debate please do- but do it with care because your so called facts seem to be untruths so far- cite your references- if you must and ill do the same. And finally we can get to the real answers - but if you are scared we all understand- if you would rather just go by what 1 religion says or by a biased research paper then do so- because the truth is out here - you can accept it or deny it- but please stop spreading lies and ignorance. It does no good.
Christ! You're boring. The Jews were there first. America is at war. Filthy muslims are our enemies. Israel is our ally in the same war against the same enemy.
The filthy "Palestinians" danced in the street on 9/11/01. Therefore, I cheer when the IAF drops white phosphorous bombs produced in America atop the squirming mass of vermin in Gaza.
Nutjobs here

Tel Aviv, Israel

#37 May 19, 2013
nils wrote:
Are you serious? Are you that ignorant?ecause Palestinians just shows your ignorance- if you think I'm wrong google it or maybe read a book-since you are so educated on the subject matter.
And if Islam is so bad, why does it have such a big following? And if Christianity is so good - how come - with all the donations- there are still poor people in the world? How come the Catholic Church owns so much land? How come the Jewish religion teaches that non Jewish people are second class people that can be used and lied to?
<quoted text>
It is you who is ignorant. The Bible speaks of the Philistines a sea people who came from Europe.
Jews have lived continuously on the land for thousands of years while in small number they had a presence.
The Jews began to return and invest in numbers from the early 1800's you are just making things up now.
The UN General Assembly who voted to include Palestine has no legal right to create a new state otherwise they would have done it years ago. This is not the first time the UN has voted for a Palestinian state they did before i believe it was in the 1970's or 80's.
According to international law and the Mandate for Palestine the land which should have been given to Israel includes the West Bank.

Palestinians have a better standard of living than much of the rest of the world, they get free aid from numerous countries and Israel provides them with water, power, etc. Israel treats Palestinians for free in its hospitals. and much more if you would actually research it.
Christianity created much of modern day antisemitism so no surprise it is still prevalent in the western world.
?Raping children??? i think that was Mohammad the Islamic prophet.
Can you show Zionist communities who follow the more disturbing parts of the Talmud??

Can you name any country in the world which has fought a war/battle and been more moral than Israel? Should be easy from your claims.
You speak of US who are you trying to represent? The regional peoples hate Israel and Jews, Christians, Bahai, Hindu, and really anyone not like them. They actually even hate their own. No logical reason for their hate but their societies are barbaric so no explanation needed.
With 100,000 people dead in the neighboring country, christians throughout the region persecuted, Arabs and Bahai in Iran, Copts in Egypt, woman mutilated, DO I EVEN NEED TO EXPLAIN THE EVIL GOING ON THROUGHOUT THE MIDDLE EAST OUTSIDE ISRAEL MOSTLY IN THE NAME OF ISLAM?

Can you give any evidence of a Palestinian nation before last century???? their first leader maybe?
Palestinian and Arab leaders agree that the Palestinians are a newly created nation if you want i can give you quotes or as you suggest go too google.

So according to your logic if many people follow something it must be good??
Islam kills those who oppose it and oppresses those left or Muslims. Can you name a Muslim country where non-Muslims aren't discriminated against?
It is Islam which practices Takiyah/lying.
Not sure which Jews believe they are above non-Jews. If any its a minority.

Since: May 13

London, UK

#38 May 19, 2013
Faith wrote:
It sounds like life is pretty cushy for the arab-Israelis.....collecting welfare and eating chicken. They should thank Israel. They live better than any of their brethren in neighboring arab states.
really you ignorant person,why dont you try walking a day in a Palestinians shoes and then judge...people like you sicken me!drop a comment ,why dont you,at least know a bit of knowledge on what you,re spouting off about.
Nutjobs here

Tel Aviv, Israel

#39 May 19, 2013
DEBRIMAR wrote:
<quoted text>
really you ignorant person,why dont you try walking a day in a Palestinians shoes and then judge...people like you sicken me!drop a comment ,why dont you,at least know a bit of knowledge on what you,re spouting off about.
THe post you answered was speaking of ISRAELI ARABS who have the same rights as Israel Jews accept they don't have to do the army.
They have a higher standard of living than most of the world.
Palestinians also have a higher standard of living than much of the world.
Why dont you at least know a bit of knowledge on what you are spouting off about.
You are asking for sympathy or empathy???
nils

United States

#40 May 19, 2013
Nutjobs here wrote:
<quoted text>It is you who is ignorant. The Bible speaks of the Philistines a sea people who came from Europe.
Jews have lived continuously on the land for thousands of years while in small number they had a presence.
The Jews began to return and invest in numbers from the early 1800's you are just making things up now.
The UN General Assembly who voted to include Palestine has no legal right to create a new state otherwise they would have done it years ago. This is not the first time the UN has voted for a Palestinian state they did before i believe it was in the 1970's or 80's.
According to international law and the Mandate for Palestine the land which should have been given to Israel includes the West Bank.

Palestinians have a better standard of living than much of the rest of the world, they get free aid from numerous countries and Israel provides them with water, power, etc. Israel treats Palestinians for free in its hospitals. and much more if you would actually research it.
Christianity created much of modern day antisemitism so no surprise it is still prevalent in the western world.
?Raping children??? i think that was Mohammad the Islamic prophet.
Can you show Zionist communities who follow the more disturbing parts of the Talmud??

Can you name any country in the world which has fought a war/battle and been more moral than Israel? Should be easy from your claims.
You speak of US who are you trying to represent? The regional peoples hate Israel and Jews, Christians, Bahai, Hindu, and really anyone not like them. They actually even hate their own. No logical reason for their hate but their societies are barbaric so no explanation needed.
With 100,000 people dead in the neighboring country, christians throughout the region persecuted, Arabs and Bahai in Iran, Copts in Egypt, woman mutilated, DO I EVEN NEED TO EXPLAIN THE EVIL GOING ON THROUGHOUT THE MIDDLE EAST OUTSIDE ISRAEL MOSTLY IN THE NAME OF ISLAM?

Can you give any evidence of a Palestinian nation before last century???? their first leader maybe?
Palestinian and Arab leaders agree that the Palestinians are a newly created nation if you want i can give you quotes or as you suggest go too google.

So according to your logic if many people follow something it must be good??
Islam kills those who oppose it and oppresses those left or Muslims. Can you name a Muslim country where non-Muslims aren't discriminated against?
It is Islam which practices Takiyah/lying.
Not sure which Jews believe they are above non-Jews. If any its a minority.
Israel was not a nation until the 60s? Maybe the 50s or so. The whole land was ruled by the English until they eventually let it go. Even then Israel was given certain borders so that the region would not erupt in anger- yet it did anyway. Further Israel continues to build outside their borders and harass the Palestinians. Once again I refer you to google and the history of the region. It is funny to me how many would claim anti-Semite yet I continue to say that I hate no race or religion only the governments of the nations that cause the problems. The Palestinians did not want to accept the statehood previously because they were not in agreement to the borders. Once again- let them deal with their problems over there- and let us deal with ours.
Nutjobs here

Tel Aviv, Israel

#41 May 19, 2013
nils wrote:
<quoted text>
Israel was not a nation until the 60s? Maybe the 50s or so. The whole land was ruled by the English until they eventually let it go. Even then Israel was given certain borders so that the region would not erupt in anger- yet it did anyway. Further Israel continues to build outside their borders and harass the Palestinians. Once again I refer you to google and the history of the region. It is funny to me how many would claim anti-Semite yet I continue to say that I hate no race or religion only the governments of the nations that cause the problems. The Palestinians did not want to accept the statehood previously because they were not in agreement to the borders. Once again- let them deal with their problems over there- and let us deal with ours.
Israel became an official nation in 1948 but was being set up from the 1920's when the Mandate for Palestine was written and agreed upon by the nations of the world.
The British were the TRUSTEES of the Mandate they had no right to make their own decisions on what happened to the land as the League of Nations had already confirmed that it would be for a Jewish state. The Brits job was to help facilitate Jewish immigration and settlement on public lands (which was the majority of the land) but they did everything possible to stop Jewish immigration and encourage non-Jewish immigration, around 300,000 non-Jews moved to the land between 1920's and 1948, including the numerous white papers which were illegal under international law.
There was no Palestinian nation at the time that Israel was created only a part of the Arab nation living in W.Palestine.
The Palestinian nation was created to destroy Israel not to create their own state. This is very clear from their original charter in 1964 which states that they have no claim to the land for a state and their intention was to add it onto a larger Arab state when Israel was destroyed.
The UN GA had no legal right to change the borders of the land nor cede any part of it to another entity apart from the Jews. This is clearly written in the mandate if you would read it. The same way that they had no right to change the borders of Iraq, Jordan, Syria etc.

I have studied the subject in depth, have worked in the field, written official papers and worked as an analyst. I don't need google to tell me what i know but you seem to need it.

Can you give any legal document giving the Palestinians as a nation a right to the land?
I don't deny private ownership in line with the Israeli supreme court but the fact is that the majority of the land was not owned by any individuals.
latin lover

El Paso, TX

#42 May 20, 2013
Maybe next time they have peace talks they should do it over a bucket of KFC. Who knows maybe that's the secret ingredient for peace.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Word association (Jun '07) 2 min KNIGHT DeVINE 4,849
2words into 2new words (May '12) 3 min KNIGHT DeVINE 2,972
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 5 min Chimney1 201,843
JUST SAY SOMETHING. Whatever comes to mind!! (Aug '09) 12 min Sparky 32,717
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 45 min Sharlene45 194,938
Word Association (Mar '10) 51 min Lady Valentine 20,712
One Word (Jan '09) 56 min Dont_You_Dare 16,677
Word Association 2 (Sep '13) 57 min Lady Valentine 18,577
What Turns You Off (Jun '11) 2 hr Crazy Beautiful 7,923
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 4 hr The Sexless Archiver 58,306